• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

HiiiLife

Which weapons are genuinely garbage? Lol cause honestly I have only had luck with the FAL, M8 and MSMC. Literally. Just 3 weapons I go positive with. Help me out GAF.

Jarmel

Banned
Which weapons are genuinely garbage? Lol cause honestly I have only had luck with the FAL, M8 and MSMC. Literally. Just 3 weapons I go positive with. Help me out GAF.

SWAT, M8A1, and PMW seem to work alright for me.

The only gun I would out and out call garbage is the Scar. Way way too much recoil.

JHall

So GAF, what has been your best game so far? I just had my best game of COD ever by going 19-1 in Yemen. So far, I've been killing this COD with a 1.08 K/D. I consider that good because I had .70 - .80 in the old COD games. Also had a 16-3 game in Turbine recently. Game is great when you're doing great.

83-7 on Headquaters.

Edit: I can't wait for Christmas. Christmas Noobs are the greatest thing in the world when it comes to CoD games.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else noticed how you can destroy the helicopter that drops care packages been fun trolling a few people :p

The "Surprise" trailer was right.

Everytime I play MP.

1. Shoot an enemy and he dies

*yay*

2. Right after I'm shot in the back and dead.

*doh*

I don't remember it being so immediately eye for an eye in the other COD's.

Managed to get another lodestar. Knda freaked me out because of the side switch in DOM now. Those points really do accumulate fast in objective modes.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a list or clips of what happens when you choose different things in the campaign? I only remember 2 choices that would have any impact...

Here's the two I did -
Tried to kill Menendez and then killed Menendez at the end.

EDIT - Nevermind, Wikipedia has all the endings, but I'm confused as to how some of the events could be different. How does
David Mason survive in one scenario? Woods puts a sniper bullet right through his head. What's the choice or event that alters that? Then there's Chloe. I didn't even know there was an option to kill her or save her. She gets taken by the guys on the floating island and is never heard from again. Do you have to bust ass to get to the plane before it takes off and kill her or her captives to get the other endings?

Xux

The Executioner's absolutely abysmal. Tac-45, B23R, and KAP-40 beat the shit out of it. Otherwise, every primary weapon is pretty good and the game's pretty balanced overall.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Executioner's absolutely abysmal. Tac-45, B23R, and KAP-40 beat the shit out of it. Otherwise, every primary weapon is pretty good and the game's pretty balanced overall.

Gun Game is really only a competition between the first 2-3 people who pass the Executioner round. The bolt action sniper, crossbow, and ballistic knives are all easier rounds lol

At least that's how it is on PC. I imagine the auto aim on consoles may make it a little easier.

Also from what I've heard this game's Dragunov equivalent sucks.

-TK-

I think that I'm starting to learn how to play this game. My last three games in TDM: 25/2, 14/1, 29/4. I really like this game and how it punishes stupid players so much.

M.W.

I consider myself a fairly good player, sometimes great. That fucker, grrant or whatever, is a beast. There are very few players who can flat out just outplay me like this, he can. If you see him in a lobby, drop out. Just drop out. You will get curbstomped. His killstreaks were VSAT, Dogs, and Swarm. I had UAV, Silent Gunner, Dogs. Opposing team was getting fucked up. They were just getting mowed over.

Still haven't seen anyone better than themarkofj

Dude is annoying as hell, but he beasts.

Finally unlocked the iron sights for the Ballista. I don't think I'll be prestiging that weapon lol. Will play around with it later during the day. Excited to get that WaW feeling back.

Still working on diamond camo on the launchers. Just have the 2nd launcher left: destroy 10 player controlled aircrafts (which I have 6 left to do) and that damn AGR, lol. It's just a matter of time....

Xux

Gun Game is really only a competition between the first 2-3 people who pass the Executioner round. The bolt action sniper, crossbow, and ballistic knives are all easier rounds lol

At least that's how it is on PC. I imagine the auto aim on consoles may make it a little easier.

Also from what I've heard this game's Dragunov equivalent sucks.
Shoot, I have a feeling it'd be easier to kill with the Executioner without aim assist pulling the sights everywhere, lol.

SVU's okay. It's like a better RSASS with a smaller magazine. The main problem is that it just gets outclassed by the XPR.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Still haven't seen anyone better than themarkofj

Dude is annoying as hell, but he beasts.

Console is easy mode :p
But yes, he is good.

Still working on diamond camo on the launchers. Just have the 2nd launcher left: destroy 10 player controlled aircrafts (which I have 6 left to do) and that damn AGR, lol. It's just a matter of time....

Oh my god, you and I are in the same boat. Ronin for the Stinger was fairly easy to get, seeing Lodestars, Dragonfires, and chopper gunners are fairly common. At least one a game if not every other game. But that AGR oh my god. It takes two rockets and chances are you'll be shot by another player if not the AGR itself. I'm thinking of running EMP grenade and busting out my Stinger (that's what she said) class whenever one pops up. How are the SMAW challenges past the first 100 shoot-downs? Where did you get RPG triple kill and which aircraft did you shoot down?

HiiiLife

This Chicom is wack. Wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt until I unlocked Stock and well.. My impressions are the same.

Back to the MSMC.

Badgerst3

Been asked, but not sure where to find the answer-

Where can I find the gaf 360 player list to join?

Is there one?

Nm- found it in community thread. Carry on all...

Oh my god, you and I are in the same boat. Ronin for the Stinger was fairly easy to get, seeing Lodestars, Dragonfires, and chopper gunners are fairly common. At least one a game if not every other game. But that AGR oh my god. It takes two rockets and chances are you'll be shot by another player if not the AGR itself. I'm thinking of running EMP grenade and busting out my Stinger (that's what she said) class whenever one pops up. How are the SMAW challenges past the first 100 shoot-downs? Where did you get RPG triple kill and which aircraft did you shoot down?

Every time I saw an AGR, I would yell at my friends who are with me to NOT SHOOT IT, haha.

In terms of the RPG triple kill...(someone correct me if I'm wrong) I THINK you can shoot 2 people then kill the 3rd with an RPG and it will count (as long as you do it within whatever seconds it is that gives you the triple kill). I completed that challenge fairly easy/quickly, which is why I think you can shoot first then pull out the RPG. Maybe give that a try? Hopefully it works lol. If you DO try this out, equip "fast hands" so you can switch to the RPG quicker.

As for which aircraft I shot down, it was a stealth chopper. My friend shot at it once then I shot 2 RPG's at it and 1 of them hit. Before then, I was trying my luck attempting to shoot down UAV's with the RPG, lmao. Scavenger gave me more rockets so why not try my luck.

The SMAW challenges after 100 kills:

get 10 impact kills (this was one of the last ones I got)
destroy 5 aircraft in a single game (with so many UAV's up, this should be easy)
get 1 kill from a car
get 5 double kills
destroy 1 dragon fire

The SMAW was the first one I got gold camo with..and besides the 100 aircraft kills, it didn't take too long to do the rest. I actually had a great time running around and killing people with it. Change of pace from using bullets, lol.

After playing the multiplayer mode some more, I'm starting to realize I downright hate it. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road, but I can't seem to find an ounce of fun here. I really enjoyed BLOPS and while it had its share of problems everything here seems to have amplified. The maps are too small for their own good, I can't seem to find any comfortable weapons, Ghost at level 55 (whose idea was that shit?), multiple entrances into every crevice of the map, and some of the worst spawning I've ever experienced. Almost every match I've played hasn't seemed like something I could get "better" at, because everything felt like it just comes down to luck. I mean,what else can I possibly do when I'm getting killed the instant I spawn five times in a row?

I'm glad the campaign was fun, because I don't see myself spending too much time with the multiplayer.

eek5

Why the fuck does it match moshpit players against the team leagues?! The fuck man!

Also related: If you want old-school "pub" stomps, just matchmake w/ 6 into league and do well for the first 2 minutes then you'll be playing 6v4 easymode /rolleyes

iNvid02

BLOPS2 has the best campaign in the whole god damn series

Im thinking about replaying it to make some different decisions

yeah

I agree that the spawning is bad, but I don't think the maps deserve the hate. They're not (generally) as good as the original Black Ops, but they're leaps and bounds above the cluttered mess that made up the MW3 selection.

I'm really coming around on this game. I found a couple classes I thoroughly enjoy, and due to that I'm actually getting score streaks and a positive KD.

The one thing I definitely don't like is the assault rifle performance. They feel too slow for this far more aggressive Call of Duty.

Edit: I have a question actually... Would you guys recommend picking up Black Ops 1 in order to catch up on the story, or should I just read a wiki and skip to 2?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No spoilers.

Which campaign did you guys like better: MW3 or Black Ops 2?

I'm enjoying Black Ops 2 so far - the campaign kicks ass.

Joke post?

Black Ops 2 has the best CoD campaign yet.

BO2 > COD4 > ...

Finally unlocked the Scar and have been having flashes of my old Mw3 form.

I was on a good team but prior to getting the Scar I think my best game was like 30-29 or something, I really struggled to get even a 1.0 kdr [ which ironically is my overall kdr for this game :( ]

The scar is a decent gun but the bullet spread is pretty atrocious with distance shooting. The scar works well in close to mid range with the laser sight to improve hip fire accuracy. I've had good results using target finder and burst firing for longer range shooting.

That's it. Ghost is going on all my classes until they fix the bug where not all enemy UAV announcements are made/displayed above the killfeed. I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing a UAV announcement, looking up to shoot it with a launcher, and seeing there are 2-3 of the things in the air. Also, dying, respawning, and looking up to see a UAV in the air that was never announced. They have always had problems with this since they started this concept of killable UAVs in MW2 and still can't fucking figure out how to get the announcements to work every time. Fucking incredible.

Nothing is better than hearing lightning strike announced 3 seconds after you've been killed by it.

The spawns are beyond broken due to how small the maps are. The lag compensation is a 50/50 thing, but the revenge spawns are out of control. They need to implement some sort of temporary spawn invincibility just to give you a fighting chance. Half the time I'm terrified to click 'Respawn' because I know someone is just waiting to shoot me in the back.

That would make sense.

After playing the multiplayer mode some more, I'm starting to realize I downright hate it. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road, but I can't seem to find an ounce of fun here. I really enjoyed BLOPS and while it had its share of problems everything here seems to have amplified. The maps are too small for their own good, I can't seem to find any comfortable weapons, Ghost at level 55 (whose idea was that shit?), multiple entrances into every crevice of the map, and some of the worst spawning I've ever experienced. Almost every match I've played hasn't seemed like something I could get "better" at, because everything felt like it just comes down to luck. I mean,what else can I possibly do when I'm getting killed the instant I spawn five times in a row?

I'm glad the campaign was fun, because I don't see myself spending too much time with the multiplayer.

Everyone asking themselves why they made ghost so much less important should know that all the interest in it is precisely why they pushed it into the background. It was too popular. For many people it had become THE perk. Things were beginning to head down a road that the franchise was never intended to be. This franchise is not about creeping around corners and hiding in rooms for half the match.

The introduction of the kill cam was the first example of this. People couldn't hide as easily when you saw exactly where you were when they shot you. So being able to creep around or hide in rooms while being completely hidden from UAV, that wasn't good. It needed to be changed.

I'm sincerely hoping that the final step is completely ridding the game of an anti UAV perk altogether. If people want to avoid UAV they have 3 choices, and all of them require a little skill to earn it. Shoot down a UAV, earn yourself a counter UAV, or use a silencer. You shouldn't be able to slap on a single perk and call it a day, never to be seen by a UAV again.

Fantasmo

Everyone asking themselves why they made ghost so much less important should know that all the interest in it is precisely why they pushed it into the back ground. It was too popular. For many people it had become THE perk. Things were beginning to head down a road that the franchise was never intended to be. This franchise is not about sneaking around corners and hiding in rooms for half the match.

The introduction of the kill cam was the first example of this. People couldn't hide as easily when you saw exactly where you were when they shot you. So being able to creep around or hide in rooms while being completely hidden from UAV, that wasn't good. It needed to be changed.

I'm sincerely hoping that the final step is completely ridding the game of an anti UAV perk altogether. If people want to avoid UAV they have 3 choices, and all of them require a little skill to earn it. Shoot down a UAV, earn yourself a counter UAV, or use a silencer. You shouldn't be able to slap on a angle perk and call it a day, never to be seen by a UAV again.
UAV started in part 4 along with UAV jammer. And none of those are viable if they're in your spawn. Just saying.

UAV started in part 4 along with UAV jammer. And none of those are viable if they're in your spawn. Just saying.

I'm aware the UAV started with 4. That's why I pointed out the kill cam came first, as it was the first example this game was not going to allow people to shoot and hide unseen.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with spawn killing.

Fantasmo

I'm aware the UAV started with 4. That's why I pointed out the kill cam came first, as it was the first example this game was not going to allow people to shoot and hide unseen.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with spawn killing.

You have no idea? Have you even played this game against people who use their gun?

I'm sincerely hoping that the final step is completely ridding the game of an anti UAV perk altogether. If people want to avoid UAV they have 3 choices, and all of them require a little skill to earn it. Shoot down a UAV, earn yourself a counter UAV, or use a silencer.

None of those are viable solutions if you can't take a UAV down because even if you pull out your FHJ, hell even a Black Hat which would keep you off radar, the spawn system puts you 20 feet from a guy with a gun. You have played this, right? Maybe I should ask what mode you are playing, because in most, you can't really avoid getting spawn killed, if there is a player spread, and often you're dogmeat if you're trying to take down a UAV. And also now there is no viable solution to flank properly. I already have 2 days on this game and I can go on and on, so rather than quickly get into a pissing match with you, it looks like you think this series should be Quake 3 without the Quake 3 theme but not quite Quake 3 (i.e: instadeath everywhere). But it wasn't always and 8 games allowed you to be off radar, so making claims otherwise ("it was never meant to be this way") is a little much. No, if you want to get specific it's evolved into such a thing which is why people are up in arms. You're kinda dead wrong on that. Camping has been a witchhunt since Killcam but staying off radar hasn't been any sort of problem at all until Call of Duty #9. To top it off, ALL campers have gotten quickly obliterated in all past installments simply due to human nature. Campers have to move their camp if they want to stay alive. Staying in one spot is a death wish. People get pissed fast. All top players hold a spot for a short time, press their way to new locations and know when to back off completely if they're killing too much and too close to enemy spawn territory.

Halcyon

Had some good matches this morning. I've been switching between the SMR single shot and the Vector for small maps. I'll probably try and get them both gold for a goal to reach.

I've been trying to get into Domination or some objective based stuff but it just promotes a lot of camping from what I've seen.

After reading a lot of this thread, I've decided that each COD game has it's own game mode that superior balance wise. I've been loving demolition of this one. They have a lot of shit to fix with TDM and Dom. But for now, the spawns seem good in that game mode. Rocking my scar with grip, red dot, and fast mag. ;)

Top Bottom