• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm sincerely hoping that the final step is completely ridding the game of an anti UAV perk altogether. If people want to avoid UAV they have 3 choices, and all of them require a little skill to earn it. Shoot down a UAV, earn yourself a counter UAV, or use a silencer. You shouldn't be able to slap on a single perk and call it a day, never to be seen by a UAV again.

Using a silencer to avoid a UAV, eh?

I don't really have a problem with ghost as it is now, but having to move at a certain speed that doesn't allow you to crouch is I think a little too far, if you aren't moving then you should show up like normal or moving too slowly, but not being able to sneak around and having to almost move full pelt and no aiming without stock I find to be a little disappointing when trying to flank a horde of campers.

Especially considering the problems, you can get killed so quickly and out of nowhere thanks to not so great netcode and almost every intersection having like 5 routes in, that using a launcher can sometimes be a death sentence when someone appears out of nowhere.
I am starting to find Black Hat a good alternative to a launcher, not as quick or flashy, but you have an open spot for say a pistol and being able to take out equipment and score streaks from afar.

I don't really think Ghost is worth having for me personally though, trying to use an AR against all the SMG players means taking it slower to great that space where you hopefully can get the shots in first regardless of the SMG/Pistol annoying range, making ghost mostly pointless for me.
Though I don't use it on any of my classes anyway.

But at least Ghost isn't Assassin/Pro from MW3, that perk was way too overpowered, along with blindeye and a silencer you were essentially invisible to everything.

You have no idea? Have you even played this game against people who use their gun?

None of those are viable solutions if you can't take a UAV down because the spawn system puts you 20 feet from a guy with a gun even if you pull out your FHJ. You have played this, right? Maybe I should ask what mode you are playing, because in most, you can't really avoid getting spawn killed. And also now there is no viable solution to flank properly. I already have 2 days on this game and I can go on and on, so rather than quickly get into a pissing match with you, it looks like you think this series should be Quake 3 without the Quake 3 theme but not quite Quake 3. But it wasn't always and 8 games allowed you to be off radar, so making claims otherwise ("it was never meant to be this way") is a little much. No, if you want to get specific it's evolved into such a thing which is why people are up in arms. You're kinda dead wrong on that. Camping has been a witchhunt since Killcam but staying off radar hasn't been any sort of problem at all until Call of Duty #9. To top it off, ALL campers have gotten quickly obliterated in all past installments simply due to human nature. Campers have to move their camp if they want to stay alive. Staying in one spot is a death wish. People get pissed fast. All top players hold a spot for a short time, press their way to new locations and know when to back off completely.

I've already prestige once, and I'm level 48 again. So yes, I've played this game.

So being invisible to radar is going to keep people from spawn killing? I don't think so. If I know the spawn has flipped on Hijacked you can all be hidden from the UAV and I'll still know where to find you. Yes, the spawns do suck on some of the smaller maps, but hiding from UAV isn't going to fix that.

I believe from a philosophical nature that if I EARN a kill streak you shouldn't be able to nullify it with a single perk. You can still shoot the thing down in seconds. That's not too much to ask to rid yourself of the advantage I EARNED. You can now EARN yourself the ability to get rid of it. Seems fair.

So, running a silencer, having an anti air rocket, and better yet, earn a counter UAV for your entire team, and you'll be as ninja as ever.

But at least Ghost isn't Assassin/Pro from MW3, that perk was way too overpowered, along with blindeye and a silencer you were essentially invisible to everything.

Exactly. That game brought this problem to a whole new level, which is why I think Treyarch pushed back so hard with this game.

Do people really think it's such a gamechanger? I don't even need the UAV to know where people ususally hang out. UAV is just a small convenience.

Fantasmo

I've already prestige once, and I'm level 48 again. So yes, I've played this game.

So being invisible to radar is going to keep people from spawn killing? I don't think so. If I know the spawn has flipped on Hijacked you can all be hidden from the UAV and I'll still know where to find you. Yes, the spawns do suck on some of the smaller maps, but hiding from UAV isn't going to fix that.

I believe from a philosophical nature that if I EARN a kill streak you shouldn't be able to nullify it with a single perk. You can still shoot the thing down in seconds. That's not too much to ask to rid yourself of the advantage I EARNED. You can now EARN yourself the ability to get rid of it. Seems fair.

So, running a silencer, having an anti air rocket, and better yet, earn a counter UAV for your entire team, and you'll be as ninja as ever.

Exactly. That game brought this problem to a whole new level, which is why I think Treyarch made an effort to pull back the reigns a bit.

Of course I should. That's what perks are for. Perks make other stuff borderline useless. That's actually exactly the point. You can't get all of them. Besides I don't need Assassin Pro or Ghost Pro back. They are overpowered, nobody picks anything else. The 3 way split is just fine. Just give me Black Ops Ghost and I'll still pick Flak Jacket half the time. Or just bump UAV to Care Package level so it's not the only streak up all the time.

And I don't know if you're intentionally playing dumb but with new Ghost, when the enemy team has a UAV up, I can't stay still to shoot or Black Hat it down, because I'll be on radar. And between the time it takes to spawn and find and lock on a UAV is a minimum of 5, max of 10-15 seconds, and I'm defenseless and staring at the sky. To me that's still a spawn kill, because hey guess what, I'm still in my spawn and I couldn't avoid getting trapped and killed. My other option is to not bother taking it down and getting killed that way. Yes, I'm positive now that you're intentionally playing dumb and I'm right that you want it to be Quake 3 Arena and that's where we competely differ.

Of course I should. That's what perks are for. Perks make other stuff borderline useless. That's actually exactly the point. You can't get all of them. Besides I don't need Assassin Pro or Ghost Pro back. They are overpowered, nobody picks anything else. The 3 way split is just fine. Just give me Black Ops Ghost and I'll still pick Flak Jacket half the time. Or just bump UAV to Care Package level so it's not the only streak up all the time.

When I'm playing the enemy UAV isn't up much.

Played the multiplayer for about 7 hours, i think i finally found my class. The SMG's in this game are overpowered and there's almost no recoil. I'm having fun, though.

Fantasmo

When I'm playing the enemy UAV isn't up much.
Try living in NJ in the tri state area then. Near NYC and all that. Everyone here is a try hard, wannabe Youtube star. UAV is never NOT up.

And again, its not how the game always was, its what it has evolved to. And THAT'S why I'm mad (that and lag comp and open, no clutch point maps). If every COD was like this Id have stopped a long time ago. At least if the maps were a little more closed, the Ghost neutering wouldn't be so bad. As it is you can reach nearly anyone in a few seconds. That being a bold claim, the best example and worst offender of this is IMO is Raid. Why in Zeus' flaming butthole is it almost totally open from West to East? From a fundamental low level, you're fucked before the match begins if your tools are too weak, and Ghost blows now.

Ghost is the only thing that prevents half the garbage the game throws at you.

Oh and your claim of earning a CUAV doesn't hold water because it takes twice the score to earn one yet it takes the same effort to take one down. Not quite as bad as earning an EMP (has ANYONE chosen that as a Scorestreak and not earned it from a Care Package?) but not easy with all the UAVs up. And unlike MW3 I CAN'T choose scorestreaks individually per class which breaks your whole train of thought. Not only is it twice as hard to reach CUAV, it has to be selected before I know who I'm up against.

Nothing is EARNED, everything is REWARDED.

Ryck

The scar is a decent gun but the bullet spread is pretty atrocious with distance shooting. The scar works well in close to mid range with the laser sight to improve hip fire accuracy. I've had good results using target finder and burst firing for longer range shooting.
You are the second person to say that, it's funny because I was having great success at distance but I was just basically tapping the trigger. Not sure if you were doing the same thing or if you were holding down the trigger but it makes a big difference on the accuracy.

Sh0k

Just prestiged for the first time but I didn't get a set of emblems for prestiging. I selected to get back my tokens instead of an extra custom slot and I didn't get my tokens back. What I'm doing wrong ? All I got is a permanent unlock token that I'm guessing that's to unlock any weapon.

That's all you get for prestiging ?

mephixto

Banned
Do people really think it's such a gamechanger? I don't even need the UAV to know where people ususally hang out. UAV is just a small convenience.

UAV can be a double edged sword, most of the times someone use UAV on S&D, the team using it loses the round. People rush through the map to get easy kills but instead they only find an enemy waiting for them.

Just prestiged for the first time but I didn't get a set of emblems for prestiging. I selected to get back my tokens instead of an extra custom slot and I didn't get my tokens back. What I'm doing wrong ? All I got is a permanent unlock token that I'm guessing that's to unlock any weapon.

Prestiging only gives you the ability to unlock the Prestige emblems, not actually get them. As for the token refund, it only gives you back whatever tokens you've already spent that prestige, not the previous one.

Jack_AG

Banned
UAV can be a double edged sword, most of the times someone use UAV on S&D, the team using it loses the round. People rush through the map to get easy kills but instead they only find an enemy waiting for them.
That's because the UAV provides a false sense of security. The UAV is not a real-time update. It only updates every few seconds - plenty of time to catch people off guard.

It doesn't tell you where an enemy IS, rather, where they WERE during the update.

fozzy

Even when I set search to best I'm getting put in games with French players. Surely there are people in the UK playing right now!?

Happy that I'm top of my friends list for score per minute though.

Magik

Even when I set search to best I'm getting put in games with French players. Surely there are people in the UK playing right now!?

Happy that I'm top of my friends list for score per minute though.

That's because the matchmaking system is screwed up. Its looking at connections and skill level rather than just best connection.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Does anyone know where it saves the edit films on PC? It always says it has been uploaded to Youtube but I can never see my videos there..

Frillen

This is by far the worst CoD game when it comes to multiplayer. When I think about it, I still haven't really enjoyed any of Treyarch's games. MW1 and MW2 will never be beaten.

Fantasmo

LOL (sorry). Releasing your tokens is if you don't plan on prestiging and you want to unlock specific things. If you're at 55 it locks everything that isn't permanently unlocked from a prestige token and let's you rechoose. You shouldn't be using it until level 55 and only if you don't want to prestige again. Extra class always.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think I have about 12 hours of MP time now and am at level 41 or so, but man, I still can't decide if I hate this MP or am still just learning to feel it out. I can not get a positive k/d ratio to save my life. I've been a constant 35-70 under the entire time playing. It's ridiculous. I'm not the greatest of CoD players, but I always have around a 1.35-1.5 k/d ratio in all the other games. I just can't do it here. I only play TDM too, so no, I never go on those monster 75-5 streaks like I've seen some people here do.

Something just feels "off" about this game. I don't really like the maps, they all seem too small. None of them feel "real" either, if that's the correct word. Maybe it's the future setting or the color palette they chose or what, but it seems too "cartoony". That lag compensation everyone is talking about is atrocious. I really hate to blame my play on lag, but holy shit some of the deaths I've had were total BS. I've yet to get a kill streak past 6. That's incredible to me. I will never see Attack Dogs or the higher point streaks unless I get them from a care package (in fact, I don't think I've even SEEN those in my time playing anyways). Apparently team death match is not the place to earn or see the cooler point streaks. That just proves it's too chaotic if people aren't even able to attain them on a semi regular basis.

The good stuff about this game is the pick 10 (which I thought I'd hate, but it ended up being cool), Ghost at level 55 to stop everyone from being anti UAV right out of the gate, other things you do in the game counting towards your point streaks (UAV assists), and some cooler equipment.

Since I don't have Ghost yet, how exactly does this one work? I'm under the impression that if you're standing still you'll still show up on radar with a UAV in the air? Shouldn't it be the opposite? If you sprint, you should show up, causing everyone that has it equipped to move slower and more methodical.

Hilti92

ibnSCumTkOTpsO.jpg

idapr02BpKaQp.jpg

These two matches were massacres.

holy fucking shit. i'm going to try out domination.

Honestly, the whole UAV thing promotes camping imo. If i'm not using ghost and i hear enemy uav, i'm not going to keep running around towards the enemy when they see me coming and will easily kill me. I'll stay back and place bouncing bettys and be waiting for enemies until 30 seconds goes off the clock, and usually it's more than 30 seconds because another uav is called in and another... etc...

Just hit the 2nd prestige.

I think this game is really easy to level up in lol I think I have like a day and 4 hours on so far.

MW2 took about 2 days in game time to prestige and it was 2.4million xp per prestige.

MW3 took about 15 hours in game time to prestige and it was 1.7million xp per prestige. I could do about 550kxp a day and prestige in 3 real life days without double xp. 20 prestiges in MW3 was still shorter than doing 10 in MW2.

Black Ops 2 is now even shorter with it being only 1.2millionxp to prestige (half of what mw2 was!) and it's about 12 hours in game time without double xp. And theres way more ways to earn xp than there was in mw2 or previous call of duties or calls of duty. Doing 550kxp in a day here makes it 2 real life days to prestige now. I did a whole prestige in 1 day with the double xp on before.

And if the trend contiunes, it'll get even shorter in MW4, which is crazy to think. Prestige used to be something really difficult to attain. It was 22 days in game time in MW2 to get 10th prestige lvl 70 and now it's between 5-7 or so to get 10th prestige lvl 55.

Everyone asking themselves why they made ghost so much less important should know that all the interest in it is precisely why they pushed it into the background. It was too popular. For many people it had become THE perk. Things were beginning to head down a road that the franchise was never intended to be. This franchise is not about creeping around corners and hiding in rooms for half the match.

The introduction of the kill cam was the first example of this. People couldn't hide as easily when you saw exactly where you were when they shot you. So being able to creep around or hide in rooms while being completely hidden from UAV, that wasn't good. It needed to be changed.

I'm sincerely hoping that the final step is completely ridding the game of an anti UAV perk altogether. If people want to avoid UAV they have 3 choices, and all of them require a little skill to earn it. Shoot down a UAV, earn yourself a counter UAV, or use a silencer. You shouldn't be able to slap on a single perk and call it a day, never to be seen by a UAV again.

The problem is the accessibility of the UAV, there's always one in the air. At that point, your location is always known and what turn this game into a run and gun cluster fuck. Sure you can shoot one down, but you'll get killed trying most of the time because everyone knows where you are (coupled with a broken spawning system). Counter UAV's are a larger scorestreak and can be shot down as well, and a silencer is useless if the enemy can always see you on their radar.

The stealthy option just isn't possible in this game, and probably why I'm not having any fun with it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So 3 friends came over mine last night for a "games night" that we have every other month playing CoD.

It was alright but the way the games went I have a feeling the 4 of us on CoD over night on one connection with this terrible netcode either gave us an advantage or threw us on the very ass end of a game, whenever we changed playlist we either did really well or really bad, never a middle ground.

Seeing as we have drinking games while playing we decided to do knife only rounds, for the one match where I was top running around knifing like it was the second coming of sliced bread the stupid bloody game didn't save the match to watch in theatre.

Tranzit was a lot of fun with 4 people in the room though on 4 different Tv's, but we really didn't like how small each section is, each of the areas should have been a good size compared to the previous games single levels so that there is more to do in each on Tranzit or Survival. Instead of being able to run into most and get what needs to be done before the bus leaves.

Risible

So many hackers. So tired of wondering if it's me or the hacks. Far too many dudes coming around the corner already firing at me in odd places. It's one thing to anticipate common hiding places, it's another to blind fire into totally random spots.

Does GAF do custom PC BLOPS2 nights or something?

edit: I wonder if it's the UAV thing I was reading above? Does Ghost no longer conceal you? Because if that's the case that is fucking asinine.

params7

Banned
Not playing League until they do something about the quitters. They need to put in a punishment system like League Of Legends for this system to get any credibility.

Nabs

So many hackers. So tired of wondering if it's me or the hacks. Far too many dudes coming around the corner already firing at me in odd places. It's one thing to anticipate common hiding places, it's another to blind fire into totally random spots.

It's probably you.

How the hell do you rank up so fast? Even when I'm doing well, anything after about level 35-40 just fucking crawls by.

Also, to above: I have no issues staying stealthy. Use a silencer, use ghost and keep moving. Not too hard.

To the below: That's what i do, except without a silencer since they are very weak in this game. I was talking about when I didn't have ghost or when i took it off for the 150kills without perks for camos.

To the above: A huge thing is playing a game mode that actually gives decent xp. Playing TDM or FFA or KC, it'll take like 500 of those matches to finally get to prestige. In the Modern Warfare series, demolition would get you a crazy amount because of two match bonuses. You could get 10-12k xp in match bonus (not counting kills etc..) in MW3 and that'd beat what you'd get in a full game of any other game mode. Then, because it's a long game, you'd have on average 30-35 kills (Usually more.) And because you have so many kills, a lot of challenges are completed because most of them require kills.

In this game, theres a lot of challenges, especially after you prestige. So instead of using RDS, i'm using MMS, just so i can get the challenges for that. If it's late and i have no friends online, i'll play multi-team, since u get 10k xp for every 20,000 score with challenges. I've been playing demolition mostly, but it's never been as quick to rank up in the Black Ops games as it is in the Modern Warfares. Kill confirmed seems to give a lot more xp than mw3 and headquarters is historically the game mode to get the most xp in treyarch games. People who say SnD are crazy, cause you might get good xp for the matches, but you never get challenges in it cause you barely get kills. You have to play the objective too. Planting in demo is 100xp and detonating is another 500xp. Never just be sitting still, but always be running looking for someone to kill cause sitting and waiting near a bomb gets you no xp. Killstreaks play a big factor too cause you get a lot of points for calling them in and 100 bonus xp per kill with them.

Also lvls 1-60 and 60-80 were the same in MW3 and levels 1-40 and 40-55 are the same in this game, so when you get to 40, you're only halfway. Also MW3 had the curve and thats why there were so many lvls. To get from lvl 1 to lvl 2 in mw3 was 800 xp, but it's 300 in this game. MW3 had the lower lvls take slightly more xp, but you'd still feel like they go by quick, that way the higher lvls really aren't a grind. In this game, i've gotten to lvl 12 in my first match with double xp on, but it really slows down mid 40s.

I'm no expert at how to lvl up fast in this game yet. I haven't figured out everything, but MW3 was just play demo + use specialist + play well cause you would get double xp every other kill with specialist and theres challenges for earning the specialist perks, so i would just alternate which ones i have for the challenges.

Leveling up has a lot to do with skill. If you lose most of your gunfights, then you definitely will not get as much xp as somebody that plays aggressively and has a 4k/d. And one last tip is to use tac inserts. You'll spawn closer to enemies, so you can get kills or xp actions more often.

So yeah. If you're only playing TDM or FFA in this game, you're doing it wrong if you wanna rank up. An average FFA for me is a 30kill win in about 3 and a half minutes. The match bonus is usually under 1000 and you have to wait more time in the lobby than playing a longer game mode. FFA is the gamemode to play if you want to be on top of the kills leaderboard though.

And one last paragraph :p Don't think about your ranking up by lvls, but by how much more xp is required to prestige. I would separate it by 550kxp chunks in mw3, which is lvls 1-46 on one day, lvls 46-64 on another and then 64-80 on the last day. Lvl # really means nothing. It's all about how much xp you get per match and how much more xp required to prestige.

Remmy2112

So by that logic you also take offense to Blind Eye, Cold Blooded, and Hard Wired, yes? Blind Eye renders you undetectable to AI-controlled scorestreaks like choppers, drones, and AGRs, Cold Blooded to manually controlled AGRs, sentry guns, VTOLs and a host of weapon attachments and Hard Wired to Counter-UAVs and EMPs.

As Call of Duty has grown (or not, depending on perspective) since 4 they have increased the available kill/score streaks but have also expanded the number of perks and equipment that counter them. That perk a person is taking is designed to counter your scorestreak when it happens, which isn't the entire game, so they are sacrificing a perk slot to gain an advantage when it does happen. They are just as entitled to that advantage as you are to your streak. You'll still get their allies with it, you just won't get them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

edit: I wonder if it's the UAV thing I was reading above? Does Ghost no longer conceal you? Because if that's the case that is fucking asinine.

If you're standing around with Ghost you're doing it wrong! And if you're playing on console, the analog sticks have to be pushed all the way. With keyboard, you're sending a digital on/off signal so a simple press of wasd does the trick. I've encountered a grand total of one guy I'm pretty sure was hacking so far. I'm on PC BLOPS 2 though and think we should rampage some Ground War games. Add me! Steam ID: marcus2091 I'm on most days except Saturday.

No spoilers.

Which campaign did you guys like better: MW3 or Black Ops 2?

I'm enjoying Black Ops 2 so far - the campaign kicks ass.

CoD4 had good spectacle, it gets the novelty of being the first really bombastic cinematic CoD (COD2 came close at times though), and it had the Ghillie Suit mission. Had a great post-credits mission.

World at War had good spectacle, it featured two World War 2 campaigns that weren't as heavily covered in games as the Normandy stuff (Soviets vs Nazis, Americans vs Japanese), and it had Reznov. And flamethrowers. And it's the only campaign that has co-op.It was perhaps a bit bland at points, though. And it's TOO hard on Veteran.

MW2 had probably the best spectacle (Virginia neighborhoods, White House, Burger Town), and the best soundtrack. It perhaps tried too hard to be dark, though, and ended prematurely.

Black Ops had a good story, though not too much of a spectacle this time around. Arguably the most linear and easiest campaign in the series.

MW3 was rather bland because EVERY LEVEL tried to be a spectacle. Story wasn't special either. AC-130 was nowhere near as memorable as CoD4. It did have the Inception airplane level, though.

Black Ops 2 has a good story, optional content, multiple endings, and it comes close to MW/MW2 levels of bombastic blockbuster brilliance. Lackluster soundtrack, though.

Overall, my top 3 campaign ranking would be

- CoD4
- Black Ops 2
- World at War

Modern Warfare 2 would be up there if it had a few more levels and a proper ending.

Worst campaign would have to be MW3 I would say.

Its probably you and the lag. Havnt seen one hacker in the 30 some hours I have been playing on PC.

Matchmaking seems to be poor are finding players for an ongoing match. I'm finding myself in more 6-on-2 and 4-on-1 matches this weekend. :-S

anybody who is having issues with lag should try what Drift0r is saying in this video, hardwire your Xbox directly to your modem. I did and it makes a drastic difference in playability for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexKsFdJgnA

he goes a little into why it could be our routers failing us, and what he's saying makes sense and not like hypothetical bs. He links another video that goes into greater depth if you're interested.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Blackhat is the most fun I have ever had in COD.
Hacked UAVs, 3 Care packages, Claymores, C4, Guardian and a Stealth Chopper in 1 game on Turbine.

By far the best tactical. Sorry, shock charges, you were replaced before you even had a chance to shine.

This is the first COD in forever where I'm not using boring old stun grenades. And stun grenades were actually buffed for BO2, but shock charges and black hats are so much better. The new variety feels good, man.

I'm going to post in favor of Ghost in the debate.

I think the misconception is that Ghost is a crutch. It's not. UAV is the crutch. Instead of figuring out where the enemy is or strategically moving about the map, you're given all enemy positions on a silver platter. It's easy-mode for rushers.

Ghost doesn't even keep everyone off the map. Players still need a silencer to stay off the map when firing. UAV is a single killstreak. To have a counter to one killstreak is not overpowered. And that one killstreak is the easiest one to get.

I agree with the move to separate Ghost from the omni-powerful Assassin Pro that was basically Ghost + Blind Eye + Cold Blooded + Hard Wired. That was too much.

But the movement penalty is too far in the other direction.

Anyone who's played with me could tell you that I'm the one shooting down UAVs constantly. My player card has the FHJ sights on it because I've shot down so many UAVs.

But my KDR suffers for that since I continually get shot in the back while I'm scanning the sky looking for those tiny planes. Basically, I can't even stop to shoot down a UAV because my position is clear as day.

Another reason why UAV needs a counter is because it mitigates when you have a person on your team going 4-36. Especially in Black Ops 2 where higher killstreaks are difficult to get, a couple poor teammates can essentially feed your opponents constant UAVs.

If I'm playing a good game in TDM and then, through no fault of my own, you suddenly gain the advantage to see where I am at all times, I should be able to level the playing field.

Separating Ghost from Blind Eye and Cold-Blooded is fine. But the idea that Treyarch can force people into rushing is lame. For a 350 pointstreak that every player is running, there should be a clear counter. A simple UAV Jammer version of Ghost would be better.

By far the best tactical. Sorry, shock charges, you were replaced before you even had a chance to shine.

This is the first COD in forever where I'm not using boring old stun grenades. And stun grenades were actually buffed for BO2, but shock charges and black hats are so much better. The new variety feels good, man.

agree, so glad I listened to the people talking about it.

DTKT

The game is really not holding up in the singleplayer. It's by far the ugliest out of all the series. I guess the bigger set pieces had a heavy cost on the resources.

Jack_AG

Banned
anybody who is having issues with lag should try what Drift0r is saying in this video, hardwire your Xbox directly to your modem. I did and it makes a drastic difference in playability for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexKsFdJgnA

he goes a little into why it could be our routers failing us, and what he's saying makes sense and not like hypothetical bs. He links another video that goes into greater depth if you're interested.
Largely a placebo like "Best" search setting. I get zero changes to every test i've run both straight-wired to my modem (aftermarket) or going through my super old D-Link. Everything remains unchanged.

In this case - BO2 is the only game where I suffer lag comp - so it erases my connection as the culprit. Watching his video barely takes anything to down an enemy. Im fucking reloading after every kill. I have to seriously drill someone with bullets to land a kill and i'm spot fucking on.

BO2 is my only issue. Connection? Nope.

Top Bottom