• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I haven't used it yet but it seems to be one-time use only? Two if you have two equipped.

Black Hat is admittedly more beneficial to those who go positive closer to 1:1 K/D than >1:1 K/D but yes it's one-time use only.

Black Hat will push those with more deaths to higher overall scores than those with less deaths. If you insist on staying alive, though (let's say you're a sniper in Domination who hangs back and controls parts of the map) you can use Scavenger.

ohlawd

Black Hat is admittedly more beneficial to those who go positive closer to 1:1 K/D than >1:1 K/D but yes it's one-time use only.

Black Hat will push those with more deaths to higher overall scores than those with less deaths. If you insist on staying alive, though (let's say you're a sniper in Domination who hangs back and controls parts of the map) you can use Scavenger.

I see. I should try it out anyway. Best to actually use my 7 custom classes.

aku:jiki

I agree with the move to separate Ghost from the omni-powerful Assassin Pro that was basically Ghost + Blind Eye + Cold Blooded + Hard Wired. That was too much.
You're confusing your perks... Assassin only hid you from UAVs, Pro would counteract EMPs, Blind Eye would stop killstreaks from attacking you. Cold-Blooded and Ghost were the ones that would BOTH hide you from killstreaks and UAVs.

Ghost is the one that's considered overpowered because it removed Stoppin Power, and the balancing that brought with it. Sacrificing stealth for raw power and vice versa was a fantastic idea, keeping one while removing the other not so much.

Largely a placebo like "Best" search setting.
Yeah, I don't buy it either. I mean, there's one very easy argument to make against the theory: if it's our routers faults, why is it only happening in these games? Plus, the guy Drift0r calls "really technical" doesn't seem to have any idea what he's doing... His suggestion for Cisco routers is to forward the ports - what does that have to with filling/flushing caches?

You're confusing your perks... Assassin only hid you from UAVs, Pro would counteract EMPs, Blind Eye would stop killstreaks from attacking you. Cold-Blooded and Ghost were the ones that would BOTH hide you from killstreaks and UAVs.

Ghost is the one that's considered overpowered because it removed Stoppin Power, and the balancing that brought with it. Sacrificing stealth for raw power and vice versa was a fantastic idea, keeping one while removing the other not so much.

You're right. I forgot that MW3 added Blind Eye. I was thinking of Ghost Pro in Blops 1 that protected you from Choppers and other killstreaks.

I still think a UAV Jammer is fine. It counters ONE killstreak. And a low level killstreak at that. I don't think you need a damage trade-off (especially with the hit detection issues).

Giving up one perk to counter a single killstreak that may not even be in the air is reasonable. And it improves the metagame because it might let people choose other streaks rather than everyone using UAV since it's so powerful.

I haven't used it yet but it seems to be one-time use only? Two if you have two equipped.

yeah,
isn't there a wild card that could give you a 3rd though?
I use 3 attachments so I didn't pay much attention.

I equipped 2 for all my classes.
its hilarious on Hijacked, range is too good on that map.

I'm going to post in favor of Ghost in the debate.

I think the misconception is that Ghost is a crutch. It's not. UAV is the crutch. Instead of figuring out where the enemy is or strategically moving about the map, you're given all enemy positions on a silver platter. It's easy-mode for rushers.

{...}

Separating Ghost from Blind Eye and Cold-Blooded is fine. But the idea that Treyarch can force people into rushing is lame. For a 350 pointstreak that every player is running, there should be a clear counter. A simple UAV Jammer version of Ghost would be better.

Well said, I agree with all points. Ghost is beyond useless in this game. Forcing the player to keep moving and still having them show up on UAV if they stop to get in a gunfight or shoot it down is such a bad idea. I shouldn't have to be worried about a UAV if I have Ghost on, now I'm constantly in a panic if I had to go into iron sights while flanking or god forbid, get stuck on a piece of geometry.

They gimp it to hell, then they push it to the last set of unlocks and I swear these maps feel like they were designed with camping in mind so that didn't help things at all. And if Ghost got toned down so much, why didn't UAVs?

Largely a placebo like "Best" search setting. I get zero changes to every test i've run both straight-wired to my modem (aftermarket) or going through my super old D-Link. Everything remains unchanged.

In this case - BO2 is the only game where I suffer lag comp - so it erases my connection as the culprit. Watching his video barely takes anything to down an enemy. Im fucking reloading after every kill. I have to seriously drill someone with bullets to land a kill and i'm spot fucking on.

BO2 is my only issue. Connection? Nope.

I dunno, it worked for me at least, and the changes were significant, too significant for me to think this was all a placebo for me. I'll keep playing like this for a while just to see if was all a coincidence or not.

As soon as I get the gold camo out of the way for ARs, I think I'm done with them. They need a serious buff in this game. Losing at range to an SMG is rage inducing.

As soon as I get the gold camo out of the way for ARs, I think I'm done with them. They need a serious buff in this game. Losing at range to an SMG is rage inducing.

Man, are you doing all of them? Just trying to get to Prestige 2 so I can put my emblem on them is making me want to smash my head though a wall.

cameltoe

There is a HUGE problem with the connections in this game....I want to fucking smash this fucking disk it has me so frustrated.

I swear a whole mag is needed to kill someone but I get shot once and Im dead. The fucked up thing is I see hitmarkers...then on the KC I didnt even fire the weapon....MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_AG

Banned
I dunno, it worked for me at least, and the changes were significant, too significant for me to think this was all a placebo for me. I'll keep playing like this for a while just to see if was all a coincidence or not.
There are tests you can run to see if your router is hindering throughput, ping, causing packet loss, jitter, bottlenecking, etc.

If you get the same results with or without the router (as is in my case), if BO2 is the only game giving you issues - then there is only one conclusion, eh?

Can your router cause issues? Yes. It might work for some - but largely a placebo for most. Its like using the weapon someone is wrecking you with. Use it for a while and someone else will wreck you with another weapon and so on.

Just uninstalled.

I've put over 450 hours into COD since MW2 and this is, without question, the worst MP experience they've ever put together. The weapons are so unbalanced in favor of the SMG and I just get so bored not being able to really make any other weapon fun. And with these patches, they just keep making it worse. I gave it 25 hours and I can't give it any more.

You did it Treyarch. You have officially killed my enthusiasm for the franchise.

I guess I should thank you.

There is a HUGE problem with the connections in this game....I want to fucking smash this fucking disk it has me so frustrated.

I swear a whole mag is needed to kill someone but I get shot once and Im dead. The fucked up thing is I see hitmarkers...then on the KC I didnt even fire the weapon....MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Story of my life.

This game is so goddamn frustrating I could snap my disc. I feel like I'm two seconds behind everybody. And I have 24 down/9 up Internet.

I think I've finally reached the breaking point with Call of Duty. Having my good Internet punished, being shot as soon as I spawn (97% succesful spawns my ass, Vahn, you fucking liar), increasingly worse map design with every game, speeding up the game every year so it's more arcade shooter bullshit with even less emphasis on teamwork, fucking stupid ass quickscoping, etc. None of these problems will ever be fixed with this bullshit engine they use year after year and never improve on. And even the next-gen engine probably will just be a deviation of the same one because Activision demands a new game every year.

I'm officially CoD'd out for good.

Just got this for the pc. Took a while to download.

Question: I had some judder to the framerate in the original Black Ops - not unplayable, but somewhat unpleasant. Never had anything like it in CoD4, WaW, MW2 or MW3. But it's there in BlOps 1 alright. The framerate just feels off.

Anyone had that? Is it fixed in the new one? Thanks.

eek5

I think you should be able to control how many ladder points you drop based on your SPM or something. They really need to do something about people quitting matches and/or reward people for staying in matches.

Also being able to match into moshpit w/ a team is dumb as fuck. I don't even know why that is possible.

Sethos

Banned
Just got this for the pc. Took a while to download.

Question: I had some judder to the framerate in the original Black Ops - not unplayable, but somewhat unpleasant. Never had anything like it in CoD4, WaW, MW2 or MW3. But it's there in BlOps 1 alright. The framerate just feels off.

Anyone had that? Is it fixed in the new one? Thanks.

Had a similar problem with almost every CoD release on PC, some weird judder effect on movement, framerate dips feel despite being at a rock steady 60.

Blops 2 however is insanely smooth, also with 16xCSAA

This game is so goddamn frustrating I could snap my disc. I feel like I'm two seconds behind everybody. And I have 24 down/9 up Internet.

I think I've finally reached the breaking point with Call of Duty. Having my good Internet punished, being shot as soon as I spawn (97% succesful spawns my ass, Vahn, you fucking liar), increasingly worse map design with every game, speeding up the game every year so it's more arcade shooter bullshit with even less emphasis on teamwork, fucking stupid ass quickscoping, etc. None of these problems will ever be fixed with this bullshit engine they use year after year and never improve on. And even the next-gen engine probably will just be a deviation of the same one because Activision demands a new game every year.

I'm officially CoD'd out for good.

There is absolutely,NO breathing room in this game. Killed an enemy player with nobody in sight or on the radar? Get ready to die because his teammates are just around the corner. Oh and be careful when you spawn too. :3 <== Vonderhaar face.

I take back what I said about DOM. It's just as bad as the other modes. People spawn camping, the enemy team spawning at our base(I thought only MW3 did this). I really hope I don't have to wait a year for this shit to get fixed.

Maybe I should just play BLOPS1 for now...

Magik

There is absolutely,NO breathing room in this game. Killed an enemy player with nobody in sight or on the radar? Get ready to die because his teammates are just around the corner. Oh and be careful when you spawn too. :3 <== Vonderhaar face.

I take back what I said about DOM. It's just as bad as the other modes. People spawn camping, the enemy team spawning at our base(I thought only MW3 did this). I really hope I don't have to wait a year for this shit to get fixed.

Maybe I should just play BLOPS1 for now...

You're damn right about there being no breathing room at all. It's a complete clusterfuck. I've had so many instances where me and one guy would go back and forth killing each other simply because the game kept spawning us closer each time one of us died.

The netcode or whatever the fuck they are using is broken. Just broken. Seeing people zip across the match or on killcams is ridiculous. I've said it before, but it feels as if a portion of the players are in slow motion while the rest are in turbo mode.

I can't imagine what will happen once the Xmas buyers start showing up. Heck, I wonder if I'll still be playing this game by then.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Lag compensation...

Why I'm holding off on Blops 2 ATM.

Acinixys

Lag compensation...

Why I'm holding off on Blops 2 ATM.

Lag Comp isnt that bad if youre a SMG + laser hipfire scrub, but if you play with a semi-auto weapon you will get screwed over. Lost so many gun fights at medium range when im using the FAL, but when i re watch it in theater i see i was aiming at his chest and got 4 shots in, but they dont register and i die. Such a load of failure

Shouldn't theater mode show you missing your target, instead of hitting?

Maybe? When i watch vids where ive died its almost always because the hit detection is f'd up and my shots dont register.

Nabs

Lag Comp isnt that bad if youre a SMG + laser hipfire scrub, but if you play with a semi-auto weapon you will get screwed over. Lost so many gun fights at medium range when im using the FAL, but when i re watch it in theater i see i was aiming at his chest and got 4 shots in, but they dont register and i die. Such a load of failure

Shouldn't theater mode show you missing your target, instead of hitting?

Scarecrow

In the story: I'm at an interrogation mission where you're supposed to press x repeatedly. Is this even possible? I can't seem to make it past two flare ups at most. The xbox's x button just can't seem to press as fast as I want :(

I just got the game. Amused by the music being done by one of the Mass Effect 1 composers + the accolades you get for doing certain things look like Mass Effect achievement icons.

Whoa

I picked up a death machine from a care package and ended up walking into a room with 5 enemies in it......they lasted about 1.5 seconds haha.....the medal spam lasted a good miniute because I rescued a few teammates that were about to get gunned down

NYR

Really digging the M8A1 with laser sight and quick draw. Great for smaller maps where assault rifles normally don't belong.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for FOB Spectre (the RTS mission) on Veteran?

I'm playing on Wii U, so the non-TDM game modes are gradually filling up as more and more people get the console. I just tried Kill Confirmed for the first time today.

Since you get even more points in KC than TDM, it was non-stop UAVs. I thought it got bad in TDM.

I actually had a moment where I shot down two UAVs, one after the other, then died (while looking at the sky, natch). Then when I spawned again, I took out my FHJ, looked up, and took out another UAV. Insanity.

Top Bottom