• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well it's on my first playthrough, so I'm probably gonna get a shitty ending.

It does effect the ending, but seriously even if you think you are going to get a good ending you are probably going to get a really fucked up ending that will make you feel trolled.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It does effect the ending, but seriously even if you think you are going to get a good ending you are probably going to get a really fucked up ending that will make you feel trolled.

True. And it's COD after all, I'll just watch the vids later.

U2NUMB

The campaign is so hilariously bad.

I have always been able to somewhat enjoy the Cod campaigns for what they are but this one.. is so bad I am having a hard time caring enough to push through. At this point the few achievements it spits out is the only thing I am doing this for.

I have no idea whats going on and I could care less...

Raptor

PS3 mp down or something? Cant find games atall, cant connect it says waiting for host forever but it cant connect or is just my connection?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I have always been able to somewhat enjoy the Cod campaigns for what they are but this one.. is so bad I am having a hard time caring enough to push through. At this point the few achievements it spits out is the only thing I am doing this for.

I have no idea whats going on and I could care less...

Pretty much. It's trying to be way too serious for its own good.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Killed someone by throwing a Bouncing Betty at his face on Hijacked. So funny because it caught me by surprise. I was on the outer walkway crouched behind one of those tipped over chairs. I popped up and went to throw one at the entrance right as a dude sprinted in and it hit him in the face. Awesome part was it didn't blow up, so I was able to pick it up and reposition it to get another kill.

Tokubetsu

Killed someone by throwing a Bouncing Betty at his face on Hijacked. So funny because it caught me by surprise. I was on the outer walkway crouched behind one of those tipped over chairs. I popped up and went to throw one at the entrance right as a dude sprinted in and it hit him in the face. Awesome part was it didn't blow up, so I was able to pick it up and reposition it to get another kill.

Yeah, hitting someone with a bouncing betty is a kill everytime. It's hilarious. I've managed to do it two or three times now.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How is this even possible? You shot down a lot of UAV's and weren't killed doing so. According to a lot of people this isn't possible in this game.

A lot of complainers have bad situational awareness and get killed so much because they can't predict spawns. A la your everyday map complaint. That's not to say that all of the map complaints fall under this category, but it's safe to assume people who aren't good at the game will be more apt to complain about it.

Anyways, getting Diamond Launchers isn't fun anymore so I'm not going to try and get them. The grinding wasn't too bad but a few of the camos are just too situational and I'm tired of running RPG hoping to get a Triple kill or running the SMAW hoping to encounter a Dragonfire. Going to switch to my tryhard MSMC-Stinger-Blackhat class, own the hell out everyone, and enjoy the rest of my last few levels before prestiging for the first time :)

Xux

The bro I always play with says ARs and SMGs are worthless in this game and that the only guns worth using are LMGs and Shotguns.

A lot of complainers have bad situational awareness and get killed so much because they can't predict spawns. A la your everyday map complaint. That's not to say that all of the map complaints fall under this category, but it's safe to assume people who aren't good at the game will be more apt to complain about it.

Wow, can you be full of any more indignant shit? I shot down everything in MW2 and BO1 one with no issues. MW3 and BO2 have been full instances where I spawn, look-up to take out stuff in the air, and instantly get shot while I'm still aiming at the shit. It's not "bad kids who have no situational awareness" or whatever other gross oversimplification you want to put on it. I can definitely tell by this nonsense you've never used a launcher in MW3/BO2 ever.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wow, can you be full of any more indignant shit? I shot down everything in MW2 and BO1 one with no issues. MW3 and BO2 have been full instances where I spawn, look-up to take out stuff in the air, and instantly get shot while I'm still aiming at the shit. It's not "bad kids who have no situational awareness" or whatever other gross oversimplification you want to put on it. I can definitely tell by this nonsense you've never used a launcher in MW3/BO2 ever.

If you're talking about shooting down chopper gunners\AC-130s\Reapers\Lodestars\BO2 Stealth Choppers, of course you're going to die once or twice in the process of Stinging it out of the sky. They wouldn't be higher scorestreaks if they didn't have the ability to quickly kill players as they spawn or when they're in the line of sight. That's just something you need to deal with and can be remedied a little with the use of Cold Blooded\Blind Eye. But if you're mad that you were shooting a UAV/Counter UAV and get killed or knifed by another player, more often than not the situation could've been avoided.

And lol @ implying I've never used a launcher in MW3/BO2. That's the only type secondary I ever have on. Ever. My playercard is a freakin' picture of the Stinger sights lol

PSYGN

Are you guys being placed in lobbies with people around your own skill level still? I thought Vondehaar said he would remove skill based matchmaking from public matches? Maybe it's not implemented, yet, or maybe I just heard wrong.

It's funny, my brother did get into one ~1kd lobby and went like 40 - 5 each time in TDM. And we got to thinking, in previous games we'd often find ourselves in a grab bag of skilled or unskilled players. Owning noobs is fun now and then just like killing skilled players. But it allowed you to relax kinda. Not in the games we've played in Block Ops 2, though. Everyone is a beast and the hit detection and constant rushing of everyone in these small maps makes for a very frustrating time.

Come to think of it, most of my lobbies in TDM for MW3 and back had .5kd ~ 1.5kd, with 2kd players once every few matches, and once in a blue moon a 3kd+ player. I played lone wolf. In Black Ops 2 it seems to be 1.5kd to 2.5kd, and I'm wondering if that is one reason why I am lagging much more than all the previous games -- because it's weighing in skill as well and I don't come across as many skilled players as I did in BO2; they are forcing incompatible connections into lobbies for the sake of having people be around the same skill level?

Sojgat

4th prestige now, loving this game except for the host disadvantage crap. I just quit every single time now, and join game in progress on somebody last met 1 minute ago. It takes under 15 seconds. Host migration would have barely finished and I'm back in the game already. Fuck everybody else's experience until Treyarch fix this rubbish.

Also the Five Seven is awesome, but I'm starting to get RSI from firing it so much.

Anyways, getting Diamond Launchers isn't fun anymore so I'm not going to try and get them. The grinding wasn't too bad but a few of the camos are just too situational and I'm tired of running RPG hoping to get a Triple kill or running the SMAW hoping to encounter a Dragonfire. Going to switch to my tryhard MSMC-Stinger-Blackhat class, own the hell out everyone, and enjoy the rest of my last few levels before prestiging for the first time :)

Aww man...makes me sad to hear you're gonna stop trying for the diamond launchers. One day you'll get that urge back though :p

I'm still going at it. Need 3 more aircrafts for the Ronin camo then that fucking AGR. Will be the greatest day of my life when I get them, lol.

Been rocking the KAP-40 for the past 2 hours or so. Really working for me. Was able to get stealth chopper - vsat - K9 (which I used a prestige token on) fairly easy a couple of games...thanks to kills and collecting many tags. Also helps I'm in a team of 6 good players/friends.

Playing some of the party games now with friends. A change of pace. Feels good.

-TK-

I completely agree with you. People are so bad at this game and crying about how it's always bo2's fault when they can't win or get any good scores is hilarious. Even my friend complained about horrible lag compensation but when I tried to play at his house, it was nothing too bad and the game was still perfectly playable.

And crying about skill based matchmaking is lol.

Are you guys being placed in lobbies with people around your own skill level still? I thought Vondehaar said he would remove skill based matchmaking from public matches? Maybe it's not implemented, yet, or maybe I just heard wrong.

It's funny, my brother did get into one ~1kd lobby and went like 40 - 5 each time in TDM. And we got to thinking, in previous games we'd often find ourselves in a grab bag of skilled or unskilled players. Owning noobs is fun now and then just like killing skilled players. But it allowed you to relax kinda. Not in the games we've played in Block Ops 2, though. Everyone is a beast and the hit detection and constant rushing of everyone in these small maps makes for a very frustrating time.

Come to think of it, most of my lobbies in TDM for MW3 and back had .5kd ~ 1.5kd, with 2kd players once every few matches, and once in a blue moon a 3kd+ player. I played lone wolf. In Black Ops 2 it seems to be 1.5kd to 2.5kd, and I'm wondering if that is one reason why I am lagging much more than all the previous games -- because it's weighing in skill as well and I don't come across as many skilled players as I did in BO2; they are forcing incompatible connections into lobbies for the sake of having people be around the same skill level?

The only statement I recall was matching making being based on your latency and ping rather than region.

While the lobbies don't look for people of similar skill, it will balance the lobby by switching players around based on their k/d ratio. Just pay attention right before the game starts and you'll find the lobby is swapping people around on each side nonstop. I have a 2.50 k/d and it's quite irritating because unless I play with friends, the lobby will always give me all the folks under 1.00 k/d who have no clue what they're doing.

In my experience though, I've just about never seen any under 1.00; most are around 1.5ish. Last night I lucked out and found an room where EVERYONE in the room was under 0.80... As you can imagine, death ensued with nonstop lodestars, vtols and swarms. It lasted 3 games before they all bailed, but one was kind enough to send me a message filled with racial slurs and threats of reporting me for cheating.

eek5

He tweeted that skill is a part of the matchmaking process. It seems to be pretty heavily weighted based on what I've seen though. I'm 250 SPM / 1.6 k/d in TDM and I rarely see people higher than me in matchmaking. Maybe once in a blue moon I'll be second or third on the lobby leaderboard. Everyone else is around 190-220 SPM w/ 0.9-1.2 k/d's for the most part. Either the skill curve of the COD population has completely flattened out or it's weighing spm/kd more now.

I find it hard to believe that people w/ a 0.5 k/d don't exist in TDM because I haven't seen it yet.

Just went 10-1 in Search and Destroy. Feels good, man. I lucked out with a Hellstorm missile. Dropped it on a single red square target, and it killed three people.

Then the next game I went 1-4, and our team not only won, but I had the highest score on my team.

Love Search so much. Very glad that the Wii U community is filling out and starting to populate more than just TDM, Kill Confirmed, and Domination.

Just went 10-1 in Search and Destroy. Feels good, man. I lucked out with a Hellstorm missile. Dropped it on a single red square target, and it killed three people.

Then the next game I went 1-4, and our team not only won, but I had the highest score on my team.

Love Search so much. Very glad that the Wii U community is filling out and starting to populate more than just TDM, Kill Confirmed, and Domination.

That's good to hear. I was under the impression that the WiiU Community didn't embrace this as much as other launch titles. Whys the player count?

That's good to hear. I was under the impression that the WiiU Community didn't embrace this as much as other launch titles. Whys the player count?

There were just over 600 playing online earlier. The Miiverse Community for Blops 2 just broke 10k people that have participated in the community.

It won't ever reach 360 numbers obviously, but I think after the holidays and the European release, we'll see a healthy community.

The funny thing is, I rarely ever have a good game with KB/M on the Console in this game. People may think it's god mode but there's a fair few limitation, some problems and the sheer fact that luck, positioning and movement is 90% of a kill, the rest is down to the aim which is pointless on these tiny maps as random hip spray is just as effective as an aimed shot ...

So oddly enough, I have the exact same K/D ratio in this game as I did in all the previous Call of Duty games where I used a controller.

MAYBE if we're talking native PC input, without a turn limitation, mouse acceleration, 1:1 input movement and a proper variable sensitivity, I could see an advantage but the Xim Edge setup as it stands is purely a choice of controller rather than an advantage, because it's not perfect - Far from it.

People just have their up the ass thinking this is god mode and like the PC counterpart, except this is one of the few FPS games where aim is the last factor that counts and the setup is NOT 1:1 with the PC.

Wow.

Pretty much this. People think that any kb/m is advantage. All it does is give you the theoretically maximum capability of the controller.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is it explained later in the campaign how the main villain
is able to run around with a machete absorbing bullets without slowing down?
That was silly as hell LOL Reminded me of a power-up in an arena shooter.

When everyone gets kicked to the lobby, due to the game not being able to migrate host, or if you just get a general disconnection, does the game record your stats?
My games always seem to die, when Im playing well :/

Having a lot of fun but shit, I'm struggling to maintain just a 1.10 KD! Not that it matters much to me, but I was a steady 1.6-1.85 since MW2. Who has the highest KD here? Anyone 4+ or even 5+?

I don't know why but I can't win shit in Black Ops 2, it feels like every other match I'm up against a party or something, and the others I'm stuck with most of the bad players lol. Even when I do great we still find a way to lose.Oh, and that video I posted earlier about hardwiring your connection, after playing some more I find that it doesn't really work and any good experience I had with it was just a coincidence :(

One more random complaint, I'm sick of films not being recorded all the way when I go back to watch them, it's been happening to me since it was implemented in BO1.

Having a lot of fun but shit, I'm struggling to maintain just a 1.10 KD! Not that it matters much to me, but I was a steady 1.6-1.85 since MW2. Who has the highest KD here? Anyone 4+ or even 5+?
I'm at a 2.4 K/D, and it yo-yo's all the time. I've gone from a 1.8 to a 2.8 and back down to a 2.4 all in the last week. Every long once in a while the CoD gods look upon me in favor and I get the good end of things no matter the lobby, and my stats take a little jump because of it. Most of the time I'm just frustrated and struggling though (relative to what I'm used too).

I searched for tweets to @davidvonderhaar, nothing but complaining about lag comp :')

I hope they get it trough their thick skull that it needs to be adressed quick. People are getting back on mw3 for crying out loud, MW3!!

It appears to be doing a bit of skill based matchmaking so that's another reason. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, I can understand why it's in there. I gotta say again how screwed FFA is in this game, kills should contribute more than 100 score considering there are no other direct ways of earning points.

It appears to be doing a bit of skill based matchmaking so that's another reason. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, I can understand why it's in there. I gotta say again how screwed FFA is in this game, kills should contribute more than 100 score considering there are no other direct ways of earning points.

you mean in regular matchmaking? I thought that was just for the cod league, where did you hear this from?

This game feels like a gib-fest compared other CODs, like a Quake Arena or Unreal Tournament. The maps are so cramped and prone to general spamming. It's kind of fun in a way, but also a bit shallow in terms of tactics.

HiiiLife

Personally I'm happy I'm getting matched up with players of similar level on Blops2. All my friends thought they were hot shit in the previous CoDs pub stomping kids and now they can't even break positive. Lol. Just address the lag compensation and this just might be my favorite CoD since MW2.

Personally I'm happy I'm getting matched up with players of similar level on Blops2. All my friends thought they were hot shit in the previous CoDs pub stomping kids and now they can't even break positive. Lol.

Thats probably more down to connection and the general mechanics of the game than any sort of skill matchmaking.

HiiiLife

Thats probably more down to connection and the general mechanics of the game than any sort of skill matchmaking.

Maybe so, but for the past couple days the connection has been on my side compared to when the game first launched. Lol. As soon as they sort the connection out (if they can or will) this just might be my favorite CoD.

Also how people get 3+ KD is beyond me. I could only get above 2.00 in previous games and I thought that was good but after reading some posts here.. Damn. Lol. Though I personally find WL ratios more impressive.

Maybe so, but for the past couple days the connection has been on my side compared to when the game first launched. Lol. As soon as they sort the connection out (if they can or will) this just might be my favorite CoD.

Also how people get 3+ KD is beyond me. I could only get above 2.00 in previous games and I thought that was good but after reading some posts here.. Damn. Lol. Though I personally find WL ratios more impressive.

I think with the original Black Ops they got a lot of things right, maps where a lot better, removal of quick scoping led to less people getting cross map easy auto-aim kills. I personally preferred the weapons. I also think they did a much better job with ancillary stuff like the combat record.

For me this game has been a let down, and its not just down to the connection.

I think SPM is the stat I find most impressive, if someone has a 2 K/D with a high SPM then that means a lot more than someone with a 3 K/D who camps.

HiiiLife

I think with the original Black Ops they got a lot of things right, maps where a lot better, removal of quick scoping led to less people getting cross map easy auto-aim kills. I personally preferred the weapons. I also think they did a much better job with ancillary stuff like the combat record.

For me this game has been a let down, and its not just down to the connection.

I think SPM is the stat I find most impressive, if someone has a 2 K/D with a high SPM then that means a lot more than someone with a 3 K/D who camps.

Good point. If your SPM is high then I consider it damn impressive. W/L stat would be right behind it. What would you consider a good SPM? I only play KC with my SPM barely above 500. Is that good or bad? Is it good compared to a SPM in TD? I have no fucking clue. Lol.

Top Bottom