• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sad that there isn't a kill confirmed hardcore deathmatch. Seems pretty easy to apply but alas it isn't to be.

I will play regular deathmatch/any mode. But with the way the game's compensation is applied I'd rather do hardcore.

Dabanton

Yep I only stick to hardcore modes. No doubt Treyarch will add more HD modes in the coming weeks/months

It's a world of difference for me no aimless shooting or nade throwing as three TK's and you get kicked automatically.

HiiiLife

I was under the impression that we could only choose 1 of 4 things.. Permanently unlock a weapon, create a class, reset stats or refund tokens.

But now I find out I could've unlocked a weapon AND make a new custom class?

I'm on my third prestige.

Fuck me right?

And guess how much further I proceeded to shit on myself?

I misread the "refund tokens" as the "permananetly unlock" tokens but I was wrong.

Shit!

READING. It helps.

Sojgat

I was under the impression that we could only choose 1 of 4 things.. Permanently unlock a weapon, create a class, reset stats or refund tokens.

But now I find out I could've unlocked a weapon AND make a new custom class?

I'm on my third prestige.

Fuck me right?

And guess how much further I proceeded to shit on myself?

I misread the "refund tokens" as the "permananetly unlock" tokens but I was wrong.

Shit!

READING. It helps.

Are the permanent unlocks cumulative, or have you lost 2?

Now that I'm seeing people mention it, yes, this game is most definitely matchmaking based on skill. I was finding it a little odd that whenever I would check the lobby leaderboard most of the time every single person in that lobby had a k/d very comparable to my own. I would immediately think "how could everyone playing this have a positive k/d.

It's frustrating to die when it's not ur fault.

Im used to 4kd but am playinng at 2.2 right now :/

Your k/d in MW3 currently sits at 2.57.

Sorry, I happen to be playing MW3 when I saw your post. :p

Maybe so, but for the past couple days the connection has been on my side compared to when the game first launched. Lol. As soon as they sort the connection out (if they can or will) this just might be my favorite CoD.

Also how people get 3+ KD is beyond me. I could only get above 2.00 in previous games and I thought that was good but after reading some posts here.. Damn. Lol. Though I personally find WL ratios more impressive.

W/L means nothing to me. People who only play with a party of friends will always have higher ones. It even skews their k/d favorably, unless their friends are terrible.

Magik

Do you really think quick scoping is impressive or takes any skill?

I know a lot of people enjoy doing it because despite how easy it is, it does feel sick to pull off, but what it does to the gameplay sucks.

It does screw with the gameplay considering how light the snipers feel. Sniper rifles should weight quite a bit but in BLOPS2 and even MW3, they feel just as light if not lighter than SMGs.

aku:jiki

I know a lot of people enjoy doing it because despite how easy it is, it does feel sick to pull off, but what it does to the gameplay sucks.
It's as hard of easy to do as anything else in this game. The idea that there's some kind of magical auto-aim that somehow automatically gets kills for the player if they just hurr-derp the LT with an enemy anywhere on screen at any distance is just some ridiculous, tin-foil hat conspiracy shit. It's as childish and absurd as claiming another player is somehow a "scrub" if they run around with an SMG, even though that's clearly a more high-risk way to play the game than sitting pretty behind cover with an AR is.

Fact is, if some guy is steamrolling you with either and SMG or a sniper rifle, he's a better player than you, or he got the fun side of lag comp. Just deal with it. If he's not doing well and instead is going 7-27 trying to quickscope, then who gives a fuck?

It's as hard of easy to do as anything else in this game. The idea that there's some kind of magical auto-aim that somehow automatically gets kills for the player if they just hurr-derp the LT with an enemy anywhere on screen at any distance is just some ridiculous, tin-foil hat conspiracy shit. It's as childish and absurd as claiming another player is somehow a "scrub" if they run around with an SMG, even though that's clearly a more high-risk way to play the game than sitting pretty behind cover with an AR is.

Fact is, if some guy is steamrolling you with either and SMG or a sniper rifle, he's a better player than you, or he got the fun side of lag comp. Just deal with it. If he's not doing well and instead is going 7-27 trying to quickscope, then who gives a fuck?

Wait, you do realise that in video games, 'magical' 'tin-foil hat conspiracy shit' like auto-aim is actually possible due to the fact that generally tolerances and variables can be altered by simple lines of code. If you are calling auto-aim magical then holy shit lol.

I prefer people using SMG's because they run and gun. A sniper can sit still all game and get cheap kills using his 'magical' autoaim.

Cake Boss

Banned
What gun is this Max? Not saying I'm going to go 79-4 with it but I'm struggling finding a gun. CODs past I was an M16 user. Those days are long over.

Its the FAL with Select Fire and Suppressor. It is OG. I didn't like any of the guns until I found out about this, the M29 is pretty good as well, its basically the M4 from COD4.

Wait, you do realise that in video games, 'magical' 'tin-foil hat conspiracy shit' like auto-aim is actually possible due to the fact that generally tolerances and variables can be altered by simple lines of code. If you are calling auto-aim magical then holy shit lol.
Is this a serious response? From an adult?

Yes, I actually believe that computer code is magic.

Is this a serious response? From an adult?

Yes, I actually believe that computer code is magic.

All I know is you responded with probably the stupidest post possible - I literally couldn't believe what I was reading. My sarcasm detector must be broken because I thought you where being serious lol.

The idea that there's some kind of magical auto-aim that somehow automatically gets kills for the player if they just hurr-derp the LT with an enemy anywhere on screen at any distance is just some ridiculous, tin-foil hat conspiracy shit.

You do know that auto aim gives away players behind walls? The AA in this game is the strongest it's ever been. So I guess I wear a tin-foil hat. And I kill everyone while doing it.

God I love the Lodestar, I feel like Zeus sitting up there firing lighting bolts and those damned worthless ants. Watching them all flee below me? Wahahaha!

Sorry, but damn the Lodestar is fun.

HiiiLife

God I love the Lodestar, I feel like Zeus sitting up there firing lighting bolts and those damned worthless ants. Watching them all flee below me? Wahahaha!

Sorry, but damn the Lodestar is fun.

Yup. I haven't had nearly as many kills when I use the Dogs or Swarm. Lodestar ftw.

Jack_AG

Banned
A lot of complainers have bad situational awareness and get killed so much because they can't predict spawns. A la your everyday map complaint. That's not to say that all of the map complaints fall under this category, but it's safe to assume people who aren't good at the game will be more apt to complain about it.

Anyways, getting Diamond Launchers isn't fun anymore so I'm not going to try and get them. The grinding wasn't too bad but a few of the camos are just too situational and I'm tired of running RPG hoping to get a Triple kill or running the SMAW hoping to encounter a Dragonfire. Going to switch to my tryhard MSMC-Stinger-Blackhat class, own the hell out everyone, and enjoy the rest of my last few levels before prestiging for the first time :)

I've spawned on betties, grenades, lightning strikes, face-first into enemies, with my back facing an enemy, etc.

Often multiple times in a row. Situational awareness has nothing to do with it - map size and shit spawn system does.

97% my ass.

snap0212

Yes. Yes, it does take skill and yes, it’s impressive. I personally don’t know a single quickscoper who is better (better K/D) with a sniper rifle than with a regular gun. If you want, I can collect some screenshots that prove this. :)

If you lose in a gunfight against someone using a sniper rifle, it’s because he’s the better player. There are upsides to using a sniper rifle (higher accuracy on long distances, one shot kills), but if these were to outweigh the downsides, we wouldn’t have a situation in which every single quickscoper is better with reg guns than with a sniper rifle.

Talking about multiplayer games would be much more interesting if people just accepted the fact that they’re not the best player in the world. When they see they got killed by someone with a sniper rifle, it must be the game’s fault. It’s absolutely impossible that the person on the other side is simply the better player. If they get killed by someone with an MP, it must be because of lag compensation, connection or something else. Instead of then playing with a sniper rifle or another weapon that is overpowered as well, because "it’s so easy to get kills", people just complain.

There obviously are connection problems that have to be sorted out, there sometimes are hit detection problems but the main reason why you (and not the other guy) die(s) is because they’ve handled that certain situation better than you.

All I know is you responded with probably the stupidest post possible - I literally couldn't believe what I was reading. My sarcasm detector must be broken because I thought you where being serious lol.
Of course the phrasing of my post wasn't meant to be taken literally or seriously, but the point is. There is no more auto-aim on a sniper rifle than what there is on any other gun, and blaming sniper rifle users for having it when you're enjoying reaping the rewards of said aim assist with whatever gun you prefer is just shortsighted.

You do know that auto aim gives away players behind walls? The AA in this game is the strongest it's ever been. So I guess I wear a tin-foil hat. And I kill everyone while doing it.
You do know that the post I was replying to was about BO1?

NIN90

"Hey I know I'm about to lose this close quarters firefight against you so why don't I simply throw a C4 charge /Bouncing Betty at your feet. :))) There's pretty much northing you can do about it!"

Sethos

Banned
Well, if they are bad players then there shouldn't be a problem, right? Then it's your fault for losing against bad players. :)

I don't lose against them. They are usually on my team and they suck. Always little kids, lone wolfing around and hoping for that killcam to look über awesome. As soon as they switch to another weapon they are all, always exactly average players.

Jack_AG

Banned
Of course the phrasing of my post wasn't meant to be taken literally or seriously, but the point is. There is no more auto-aim on a sniper rifle than what there is on any other gun, and blaming sniper rifle users for having it when you're enjoying reaping the rewards of said aim assist with whatever gun you prefer is just shortsighted.

Eh... shortsighted is not understanding that SRs are 1 shot kills while ARs, SMGs aren't. Shotguns are also 1 shot but limited by range where SRs aren't.

So yeah - you can't say they are on the level in performance since they clearly aren't. Think just a liiiiiiittle bit further before opening your trap.

That being said - i've only been killed by sniper fire 31 times since the game released so its not like quickscoping is as popular as the MTAR or MP7 on my "what killed me most" list. Those are both 1 and 2 respectively.

Well, speaking from my own experience in previous CoD's, I can't for the life of me figure out how to QS consistently. Mostly because I sniped "traditionally", but when someone comes up on me and I try to get a hit, I rarely got one. And when I did, I would get a big ol' smirk.

I would say that it is a skill and that not everyone can magically pull them off. The thing I don't like is when you scope in and kill someone, there's always a bunch of jackasses yelling "HARDSCOPE SCRUB", lol.

And is anyone else tired of the bouncing betty spam? It's like there's a betty every three feet on every map, usually with a shock charge on top of it. It gets a little silly sometimes. Running with a tactical mask and flak jacket is a must for my rush/shotgun setup. That, and campers with target finders. Oh, and fucking HIJACKED back-to-back every other goddamned match. Sometimes the game just gets tiresome.

snap0212

I don't lose against them. They are usually on my team and they suck.
Which supports my point of it requiring skill and not being easy. I know it's frustrating to have people running around with a sniper rifle who don't know how to handle it. It's annoying when you have people in your team who die 27 times while killing two enemies. Especially when you then see they could be using a weapon that's better suited for their skill level.

NIN90

SMGs beat Quicksccopers like 9 out of 10 times so I don't see the problem.

The problem of this game (or of the whole series) is all that cheesy shit. Betties, Claymores, shock charges, C4 charges, RPGs, stun grenades, semtex and I'm prolly forgeting more. Ugh. I have to run 2 perks (Engineer and Tactical Mask) just to fight back.

Sethos

Banned
Which supports my point of it requiring skill and not being easy. I know it's frustrating to have people running around with a sniper rifle who don't know how to handle it. It's annoying when you have people in your team who die 27 times while killing two enemies. Especially when you then see they could be using a weapon that's better suited for their skill level.

No, they can quickscope but they can't do anything else - Not because they suck with the sniper. They get 1-2 kills in the modes I play and then they're overruned, outsmarted and outgunned in no time.

Whenever they pull out another weapon, when they do anything else they are just bad / average players. Yes, when there's so many quickscopers there will be good players among them statistically but on the whole, all I've seen are just average players who trained at a showskill. They are always ineffective, slow, drag down the team and just want to show off.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What is with the shields no longer bouncing off each other, I swear they used to, but now you can kill someone with a shield with another shield by just hitting them head on a couple times.

Quickscopers are bad players who trained at becoming good at a showsport.

It is such a joke that both Treyarch and Infinity Ward have "embraced" it, didn't they even have some stupid things on MW3 Elite for getting crazy kills and such, you would also get a bunch of twats jumping off cars and buildings spinning around on every match when it was going on.

The whole thing is incredibly stupid, they should have "fixed" this broken mechanic the first chance they got, now the series will be forever full of people running around treating sniper rifles as one shot weapons at close range because of incompetent developers. Of course maps getting worse and more cramped haven't helped, they seem to try to stop so many camping around which has just lead to people finding other ways to abuse weapons in the game.

Sethos

Banned
It is such a joke that both Treyarch and Infinity Ward have "embraced" it, didn't they even have some stupid things on MW3 Elite for getting crazy kills and such, you would also get a bunch of twats jumping off cars and buildings spinning around on every match when it was going on.

The whole thing is incredibly stupid, they should have "fixed" this broken mechanic the first chance they got, now the series will be forever full of people running around treating sniper rifles as one shot weapons at close range because of incompetent developers.

Imagine them removing something like that at this point in the series? The outcry from the elite kiddies would be immense.

So maybe you should have posted in the BO1 community board instead of the BO2 where your comment is irrelevant?

When you try a belittle someone's complaint with a reference to a different game it makes no sense.

snap0212

No, they can quickscope but they can't do anything else - Not because they suck with the sniper. They get 1-2 kills in the modes I play and then they're overruned, outsmarted and outgunned in no time.
Then they're bad players and I fail to see how this has anything to do with quickscoping. But I know those guys as well. :D
Whenever they pull out another weapon, when they do anything else they are just bad / average players. Yes, when there's so many quickscopers there will be good players among them statistically but on the whole, all I've seen are just average players who trained at a showskill. They are always ineffective, slow, drag down the team and just want to show off.
If you want, I can invite you into a lobby with people who know what they're doing so you can experience the other side as well. :)

Top Bottom