• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I haven't played a CoD game since MW2, is this a good game to get backinto the series with? I'm on PS3.

Like any CoD, you're gonna have a hard time your first 4-5 hours or so online unless you're naturally good. It's as good as any CoD to jump into.

The good thing is that if you jump in now, you'll still be able to take advantage of the christmas kids.

haikira

Is it a major problem?

Here's a comparison of PC vs PS3

Obviously the PC version looks much better. But i went with the PS3 version this time, due to friends playing on it. Been having plenty of fun with all three modes and honestly think it looks good enough. It's definitely not as good as the 360 or PC versions, but if it's your only option or the console you friends are on, i think it's good enough.

EDIT: Also here's some picture comparisons of the PS3 patches.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200532207?start=0&tstart=0

Esura

Banned
Like any CoD, you're gonna have a hard time your first 4-5 hours or so online unless you're naturally good. It's as good as any CoD to jump into.

The good thing is that if you jump in now, you'll still be able to take advantage of the christmas kids.

Almost any online multiplayer has its growing pains for a new guy so that's not a problem.

Well, I guess I'll buy it then. Need a new online game to replace MGO.

Sethos

Banned
You know those weird kills? Had one yesterday - First the hip spray went badly wrong then I must have shot the guy through the shield :p

ipi5Lgu1zG8FN.gif

Chances of this dropping in price during the Steam winter sale?

Yeah, I know, close to none. Sigh. Just been craving for a bit of CoD, but why is it 60 euros, come ooonnn.

Sub_Level

Yeah, I know, close to none. Sigh. Just been craving for a bit of CoD, but why is it 60 euros, come ooonnn.

It might drop 5 euros. 10 absolute maximum pipe dream.

If your product sells a lot, you can afford to price it higher to make more money.

Nabs

You can still pick it up off Amazon PCDD and pay the US price. I don't know if the price will drop any time soon, but good luck.

Anaslex

Banned
I just started using Engineer and Black Hat and I'm owing campers! Highly recommended for anyone looking to improve their KD

I'm prestiging tonight and probably gonna hit the reset button. I am playing so much better now than I did the first three days, and I actually feel that the default classes aren't that bad for the first few levels that you have to use them. I'm going to hate losing all my callsigns though. I have a few neat ones that will be hard to unlock, but I guess I'm up for the challenge :)

Anyone else planning on resetting?

I'm prestiging tonight and probably gonna hit the reset button. I am playing so much better now than I did the first three days, and I actually feel that the default classes aren't that bad for the first few levels that you have to use them. I'm going to hate losing all my callsigns though. I have a few neat ones that will be hard to unlock, but I guess I'm up for the challenge :)

Anyone else planning on resetting?
I'm considering it just because I was having so many weird glitches on the PS3 however I do feel that I'm still a patch or two away from the game really working properly.

I haven't looked into it that much but if I hit Prestige 2, level 1 and select the reset stats, does it drop my back down to Prestige 0, level 1 or does it just erase all my stats and I assume by what you said, my callsigns too? Do I also lose all progress on guns as well then?

I'm considering it just because I was having so many weird glitches on the PS3 however I do feel that I'm still a patch or two away from the game really working properly.

I haven't looked into it that much but if I hit Prestige 2, level 1 and select the reset stats, does it drop my back down to Prestige 0, level 1 or does it just erase all my stats and I assume by what you said, my callsigns too? Do I also lose all progress on guns as well then?
It would be as if you had never played the game before sans the callsign for doing the reset.

test_account

XP-39C²
Man, the Lightning Strike killstreak has got to be one of the most annoying killstreaks in Call of Duty history. I pretty much always get killed by it and there is basically no warning of it coming. It is just "hostile lightning..." and then, dead. There is no chance to escape it.

Man, the Lightning Strike killstreak has got to be one of the most annoying killstreaks in Call of Duty history. I pretty much always get killed by it and there is basically no warning of it coming. It is just "hostile lightning..." and then, dead. There is no chance to escape it.

You forgot to mention the Hunter Killer Drone.

Sethos

Banned
I have to say, playing on the 360 have given me an advantage on the PC as messed up as that sounds. Because this game is fuck all about aim and more about movement, learning the good spots, adopting tactics etc. I'm doing really good on PC plus I have not seen any of that lag compensation bullshit yet and the graphics are so pleasant.

Only reason why I'm not doing a permanent switch is because all my friends are on the 360. Wish my PC friends were CoD players sometimes.

They need to patch the riot shield. My shield has been shot in the dead centre, many times (even the killcam shows this) and yet the bullets still kill me.
I thought MW2's riot shield was crappy, BO3's is on a whole other level of crapiness.

Ive seen some pretty impressive emblems, but this one is the best ive ever seen. Kudos to this guy.

TBjrP.png

He actually threw in some highlights and shadowing, even did an outline, nice. I've seen it before though, but not with that amount of detail. Reminds me, I should post up my emblem later, and I should work on a few more too.

Personally i have hardly been killed by Hunter Killer Drone actually, so i havnt found it annoying yet :) But at least that one could be countered with a Trophy System i think?

Was in a game of ground war, and there were 10 hunter killer drones in the air. No joke. I have the worst luck with these things. I've spawned into them more than a few times. When one is called in I try to run for cover as fast as I can. Usually I end up dying.

Also, I don't really know why people complain about the UAVs. Every time one is called in it's down just as fast.

Ive seen some pretty impressive emblems, but this one is the best ive ever seen. Kudos to this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/TBjrP.png
Nice.

http://i.imgur.com/TBjrP.png

thank god there's no penis hanging down like 99% of the ass emblems.
really good though.

Spawns are seriously pissing me off. Just went 4-17, because every time i spawned it was either onto a mine, or there was a guy who instantly shot me in the back. So frustrsting!
yeah, I actually had a worse spawn then a mine spawn yesterday on Carrier.
me, a teammate and 2 enemies spawned on the little catwalk facing each other.

Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, but the campaign is damn good fun!

Loving the branching decisions and there have been some decently open ended levels. I was a little iffy on the futuristic setting but I'm pleasantly surprised how fun the missions have been so far.

Good stuff Treyarch.

ohlawd

yep... you can steal teammate Care Packages with the Blackhat PDA.

Kudos to the guy who mentioned it earlier in this thread. It was so fucking hilarious. The guy didn't have a mic though but I bet he raged hard.

Leunam

yep... you can steal teammate Care Packages with the Blackhat PDA.

Kudos to the guy who mentioned it earlier in this thread. It was so fucking hilarious. The guy didn't have a mic though but I bet he raged hard.

Blackhat is pretty much the only equipment I use. Kind of a dick move, but I'm going to have to try this more often.

Sub_Level

Blackhat is pretty much the only equipment I use. Kind of a dick move, but I'm going to have to try this more often.

Wait does it get the package instantly like if you used it on your own? Or does it give you a hacking bar?

If the former, holy shit as if Black Hat didn't have enough things going for it already.

RS4-

And when you hack claymores, bettys, it doesn't use up a black hat, and it's instant.

You can't hack enemy care packages while they're in the air can you? I haven't had much luck, so I'm just assuming you can only get the transport instead.

It's too bad that by the time you destroy the thing, it already reached the destination instead of actually denying someone their CP.

RS4-

So wait - can the black hat also be used to convert guardians/ sentrys? Because if so it could actually be pretty useful.

I wish it did. It destroys them unfortunately. I think the only things you can convert are just betties, claymores, c4 and shock charges. Not too sure about trophy systems.

Sub_Level

So wait - can the black hat also be used to convert guardians/ sentrys? Because if so it could actually be pretty useful.

IT STILL IS USEFUL WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Having Engineer on and destroying a Sentry or Guardian from the other side of a wall is an invaluable help to your team and worth the 5 seconds you spend hacking it.

Also goddamn I'm gonna steal my teammates care packages like the fist of the north star.

And trophy systems are hacked btw.

And when you hack claymores, bettys, it doesn't use up a black hat, and it's instant.

I'm pretty sure it does use up a black hat, actually. Still worth the 30-50 points per equipment. That shit adds up quick.

Kyoufu

I wish it did. It destroys them unfortunately. I think the only things you can convert are just betties, claymores, c4 and shock charges. Not too sure about trophy systems.

Huge disappointment when I saw them destroyed as opposed to being converted.
LLShC.gif

Would have been amazing.

Top Bottom