• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

A kill will give you 120 points towards your next streak, but 100 actual XP, if that makes sense

Not true.
Kills are still 50xp in most game modes. TDM, CTF, and Sabo are the only game modes that give 100xp per kill.

Also, you still only get 100 score per kill. It's just that the requirement to earn a killstreak is reduced by 20%.

I seem to be doing a bit better-still get really frustrated though.

The thing I love best about this game is running around with 2 black hats and Scavenger. IT'S WONDERFUL

Also, you still only get 100 score per kill. It's just that the requirement to earn a killstreak is reduced by 20%.

Now I'm confused again.. So with hardline, a lodestar, for example, would cost 1200 (20% less) points instead of 1500? Is this stated officially somewhere? It's strange that I can't find this info anywhere.

Now I'm confused again.. So with hardline, a lodestar, for example, would cost 1200 (20% less) points instead of 1500? Is this stated officially somewhere? It's strange that I can't find this info anywhere.

Yup. David Vonderhaar has said it when people have asked him. You can also know this by watching a game in theater and adding the score to get to the lodestar.

Your score earned isn't 20% more cause assists and objective play are still worth the same, so kills are still 100, but the scorestreak is wroth less. the higher the killstreak u use, the more benefit u get out of hardline.

Sethos

Banned
This area on meltdown really can be a sweet CQB place, hilarious to pull out the knife and run between the pillars.

ibrUhlI5FCpnAt.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This area on meltdown really can be a sweet CQB place, hilarious to pull out the knife and run between the pillars.

ibrUhlI5FCpnAt.gif

When I'm playing with friends I refer to running around in there with a hand gun and knife as "going predator" on the enemy, lol. Weaving in and out of the pillars as someone is trying to shoot you to pop out and stab them feels surprisingly good. With some shock charges, bouncing betties and scavenger you can hold it and do pretty well just staying in there a whole match.

Sethos

Banned
When I'm playing with friends I refer to running around in there with a hand gun and knife as "going predator" on the enemy, lol. Weaving in and out of the pillars as someone is trying to shoot you to pop out and stab them feels surprisingly good. With some shock charges, bouncing betties and scavenger you can hold it and do pretty well just staying in there a whole match.

Hence why I tend to stay away as I'm usually the prey, rather than the predator :p I'm so afraid of that area.

Only when I'm in the zone do I venture in there.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder, it does indeed use a blackhat.

You still post on SRK?

yessir, though not nearly as much. Mostly the weightlifting thread and the SRK lounge. I stick to GD these days. Stay far, far, far, far away from anything fighting game related lol.

EDarkness

I've been playing a bit of Black Ops 2 and my biggest issue is that the guns feel weak as hell and lack any punch. It sucks to be shooting a guy and put 3 or 4 rounds to his face and they don't go down. I'm not sure I can continue playing like this. I'm curious whether this is just me or does the game just feel like this normally.

test_account

XP-39C²
Was in a game of ground war, and there were 10 hunter killer drones in the air. No joke. I have the worst luck with these things. I've spawned into them more than a few times. When one is called in I try to run for cover as fast as I can. Usually I end up dying.

Also, I don't really know why people complain about the UAVs. Every time one is called in it's down just as fast.
Are you sure that this wasnt a swarm attack? (the highest killstreak possible). Then it looks like there are a lot of hunter killer drones in the air.

Yeah, i always shoot down the UAVs and counter UAVs as soon as i see them :)

Lol, i wonder if the guy had to buy the cheater a new computer. Unless it is staged though.

Not a huge fan of Tmartn but he posted an interesting video today on how to spring farther without Extreme Conditioning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKosC8D03Xk&feature=g-u

Apparently Treyarch took a page out of Counter-Strike's book.

"You run faster with the knife." - FPS Doug

Haha FPS Doug is classic.
"Wanna go for a jog man?"
"Okay, but what are you doing with a knife?"
"Ha! Everybody knows you run faster with a knife out!"

EDIT: Except in this game, you're not really running faster with the knife out, but running longer distances.

Apparently according to some random person Treyarch is finished after making this game? I'm guessing he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about? lol

I love the game and when i get a chance its fun minus lag issues. And that entails the problem. Why isnt there been any acknowledgement of black ops 2 randomly shutting off older model ps3's. Im running on an old 60 gig phat and after a couple hours it shuts off. I thought maybe shes about to hit the old dusty trail but i played AC 3 and Double Dragon Neon and Netflix with no probs. Anyone know or heard any rumblings about this?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Said there would be no blops 3 because treyarch is finished. I didn't hear anything so I was pretty sure he was wrong.
Well that is right. There won't be a Black Ops 3. BUT there will be another Call of Duty game from Treyarch, that's for goddamn sure.

eek5

They need an option you can pick to NOT join lobbies that are half over.

They just need to make it so you can get a win but not a loss if you join late or give you an XP bonus for leading a comeback. If there was an option to avoid in-progress games, games would just end everytime peopel backed out which wouldn't be very fun.

kyo27

They need an option you can pick to NOT join lobbies that are half over.

It's fine the way it currently is. The games are pretty short anyways. And if you have a party of 3 or more it almost always puts you in a pregame lobby. If they didn't fill the rooms you would end up with forfeits all the time because an entire team leaves. I'd rather finish a game half over and start fresh a few minutes later, rather than play against teams with 2-3 players on it all the time.

On another note apparently Treyarch f'd up and reset the stats for everyone when they did a backend update. Hopefully they can recover the data.

DTKT

OR, how about actually penalizing babies who quit when they're losing? Because that is the real problem here.

What if the connection is terrible? What if it's a game filled with shock, betty and SMG users, what if there are hackers? How about you make a game where people don't ragequit :D

What if the connection is terrible? What if it's a game filled with shock, betty and SMG users, what if there are hackers? How about you make a game where people don't ragequit :D

Or what if people just quit when they're losing, and make excuses for themselves?

Bliany

Sorry for doing a post like this but I'm really wondering if it would be worth buying this game to play on my 2010 Macbook Pro. I'm running boot camp Windows 7 with an Nvidia 330m, 4gb ram, and Intel i7 2.7 quad.

Any ideas on what kind of performance I would get would be appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom