• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Is this happening on both consoles?

Yup and the same thing happened in MW3, but MW3 was much more efficient with fixing this issue. We're already 2 weeks past release and it's still happening and who knows how long until it'll be fixed.

EDIT: And this problem is even worse if people are getting full stats resets. In MW3, it was just that your gaming session wouldn't count and you'd go back to how you started before you turned on your xbox. So, at worst you'd be screwed 1000 kills and 40 lvls, but on average it was just a few lvls/kills cause most people don't play 8 hours straight.

I dunno, making the other team rage so hard they all quit feels pretty good to me

So you'd rather have the whole team quit just before you earn a swarm?

You're missing out on a lot of xp and kills there + with the swarm, if you play any objective, you should win regardless.

Also, games that end to forfeit don't give out match bonus, even though it shows it on the bottom of the screen. So, i hate when people all quit so close to the end, cause you're screwed a few thousand xp.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
There is nothing worse than having your best game of the night and about to get your high kill streak and then seeing 1 person on the other team

That's why I'm glad Treyarch added probation periods. It's not much, but it's something to help discourage that type of behavior just a little bit. You're still allowed one or two quits for practical reasons too.

BSsBrolly

Banned
That's why I'm glad Treyarch added probation periods. It's not much, but it's something to help discourage that type of behavior just a little bit. You're still allowed one or two quits for practical reasons too.

That penalty pisses me off. Why am I punished when I dashboard only when it's laggy to the point I can't play? If Treyarch would make a playable game, I wouldn't dashboard. The lag in this game is unbelievable... I've put 8 hours into it and I honestly have no desire to play anymore. Compare this to all other CoD's, 30 days into MW, 15 days into MW2, 8 days into BLOPS, and 9 days into MW3. It sucks.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That penalty pisses me off. Why am I punished when I dashboard only when it's laggy to the point I can't play? If Treyarch would make a playable game, I wouldn't dashboard. The lag in this game is unbelievable... I've put 8 hours into it and I honestly have no desire to play anymore. Compare this to all other CoD's, 30 days into MW, 15 days into MW2, 8 days into BLOPS, and 9 days into MW3. It sucks.

Hm I have little to no problem with lag on PC.

kyo27

Dude, I think you are overstating the lag. It is not that bad to the point where you have to dashboard until you get banned. I've had bad lag here and there, but it usually resolves itself pretty quickly. And why dashboard, when you can just press start and quit the match? The only reason people dashboard and jump back on the game is because they are worried about their stats.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Dude, I think you are overstating the lag. It is not that bad to the point where you have to dashboard until you get banned. I've had bad lag here and there, but it usually resolves itself pretty quickly. And why dashboard, when you can just press start and quit the match? The only reason people dashboard and jump back on the game is because they are worried about their stats.

Why should my stats be punished for treyarchs crappy net code? The funny thing is; I never dashboarded before BLOPS 2! Now I get punished for it? Lol

FStop7

Banned
I'm kind of losing steam. After prestiging once I feel like I've done pretty much everything I care to do. Maybe when the first map pack arrives it'll help.

Leveling up in BLOPS 2 seemed to be way, way faster than any previous CoD, btw.

amar212

I get so raging about insane lag and usual network crap yesterday that I decided to go and play COD4. What a revelation.

Nevermind glitched lobbies here and there (run into just 2 out of 15-16 games I've played), that game is solid as a rock compared to BO2 when lag, hit-detection and such is concerned.

Man, why can't we just have nice things in 2012? PS3 version here, of course.

Question RE: Prestige:

So if I Prestige, I get to unlock one item permanently. Let's say I Prestige and choose Bouncing Betties (because I'm a lowlife camper).

If I Prestige a second time and choose Scavenger, do I get to play through my next 55 levels with both Betties and Scavenger? Or do I only get the most recent "permanent unlock"?

PandaL

Question RE: Prestige:

So if I Prestige, I get to unlock one item permanently. Let's say I Prestige and choose Bouncing Betties (because I'm a lowlife camper).

If I Prestige a second time and choose Scavenger, do I get to play through my next 55 levels with both Betties and Scavenger? Or do I only get the most recent "permanent unlock"?

both. :)

madmackem

Why should my stats be punished for treyarchs crappy net code? The funny thing is; I never dashboarded before BLOPS 2! Now I get punished for it? Lol

If your getting lag to that point then why play it, even in the worst games when people have like three bars it isnt that bad to the point of unplayable theres bullshit that goes on but not to unplayable levels.

Yeah its a pretty painless process this time around.

If you like using low killstreaks it is.

I have to use tokens on swarm, orbital vsat, ghost, betties, 2 guns i like, machine pistol and bam i'm already at 7th prestige by then!

Theres a lot of killstreaks that are high lvl, so i guess those are the only 2 i'll perma unlock. I might actually just stop at prestige 3 cause this game isn't fun for me, so i'd rather just have everything

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I have to use tokens on swarm, orbital vsat, ghost, betties, 2 guns i like, machine pistol and bam i'm already at 7th prestige by then!

Theres a lot of killstreaks that are high lvl, so i guess those are the only 2 i'll perma unlock. I might actually just stop at prestige 3 cause this game isn't fun for me, so i'd rather just have everything

Good point.

I just use UAV, Hunter Killer, and Lighting Strike and never change it.

Good thing I always die after getting my Counter UAV.

Wait... that's not a good thing. :(

BSsBrolly

Banned
If your getting lag to that point then why play it, even in the worst games when people have like three bars it isnt that bad to the point of unplayable theres bullshit that goes on but not to unplayable levels.

That's why I'm to the point that I have no desire to play. It's a shame cause I love COD but this is the worst lag I've experienced in the series.

finally beat the story. I think that the campaign is way better than the one in the 1st black ops. I still love Black Ops 1 multiplayer over all CODs though..

So I figured that the only way to play a decent game is to actually search for "Any" in the Connection Preferences at the lobby, and force myself into a game where I have 3 or less bars. Treyarch, thank you for penalizing me because I have a good internet connection. :/

no angel

Just had my best game ever, 31-0 plaza TDM. Started with a scorpion and a kap but burnt through my ammo pretty quickly so most of the kills were from either scavenged guns or my scorestreaks (lightning strike, stealth chopper and warthog). First time I've managed to call in the 'hog, that thing sounds brutal when it fires. Guns guns guns!

Ensoul

My stats were reset. I am not upset at all either because my stats were garbage anyay. I admit, I quit all the time. I am sick of joining TDM games where the score is 55-21. and where the lag is killing me.

Lag is a HUGE issue for me as well. IE someone was not facing me, I put three bullets in his back. Somehow he turns around shoots and kills me. I look at the replay and when the person was shooting me he was facing me. I am a good half second behind everybody else in this game. Shit like this happens ALL the time. I am at the point where the only way I can get kills is shooting someone from the back or the side where they don't see me. If I am facing someone and we both shoot 100/100 times I will lose.

I am not the only one. My friend who had a 1.71 KDR in Black ops is now pulling a 1.00 because of the lag. What is sad is that the person who is the face of Treyarch posts on another message board. People brought up that lag is a major issue with this game and he turns around and posts back "This is the first I am hearing if this, post videos so I can see." Either this dude has his head in the sand or he is trolling people.

This game is awful with stat tracking. Why can't treyarch ever get leaderboards to work? They were fucked just as bad in Blops 1 as well.

How come when I use a default class, none of those kills count? I love how i have 9500 kills on my combat record, but if you go into the guns section and add up those kills, it only shows like 5000 kills. So if I want to see my K/D with the default sniper....well I can't because it doesn't track that shit...ridiculous. Or what if i'm getting kills with the akimbo attachment with the default class....well that doesn't count towards the akimbo attachment challenge.

Zombie leaderboards don't even register anything I do. I'm lucky that some grief games even make it onto the leaderboard. Then in multiplayer, i've been stuck at 1110 kills in demolition since release date and it hasn't updated since.

The worst of it is that there are no lifetime leaderboards for kills, wins, and accuracy. WTF is up with that. And having score to measure rankings in the world is pretty BS too cause gamemodes like HQ, dom, and hardpoint give a shitload more score than demolition or capture the flag.

Loving the "hear the enemy talk briefly after you kill them" feature.

Killed a dude yesterday and heard in complete rage: " LOOK AT YOU JUST SITTING IN THE CORN-"

HAHAHAHA

Snookie

Is there a PSN friends list by chance? I didnt see anything in the OP. I cant play Dom with pubs anymore. Its the worst.

My psn is chiefbigpooh.

harrytang

thanks for whoever posted that you could hack friendly care packages. successful steal last night. happens so fast. FYI - grimy as hell but so satisfying seeing as how i usually hate my teammates as much as i do the enemy team.

Top Bottom