• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

RS4-

Maybe dark faze was holding a choke point or area so his objective isn't captured. Or to stop his team from being flanked.

DirtyLary

OR, how about actually penalizing babies who quit when they're losing? Because that is the real problem here.

Those darn streamers are abusing this to the fullest. If they get in a match that has competition they dropout. Rinse repeat till they find a match vs foam helmets they can dominate. It's out of hand. 2/3 of my games are joining a quiters spot.

Risible

thanks for whoever posted that you could hack friendly care packages. successful steal last night. happens so fast. FYI - grimy as hell but so satisfying seeing as how i usually hate my teammates as much as i do the enemy team.

This made me laugh so hard.

thanks for whoever posted that you could hack friendly care packages. successful steal last night. happens so fast. FYI - grimy as hell but so satisfying seeing as how i usually hate my teammates as much as i do the enemy team.

I did that once on accident. Fortunately my teammate blamed the other team. Then I did it again just for giggles.

Here is the emblem my brother made for me, I love it so much! Link from Zelda of course.

IMG_0280a.jpg

And here is his one, Ichigo from Bleach.

Soooo talented. To be able to make these like he does, just from complete scratch and they turn out awesome as. I know because I got him to come round to my house specially to make mine. :D

Jack_AG

Banned
"Camping" is what happens when you creep a spawn. Anywhere else it's called "posting".

"Camping" happens when the killed player is put into a position of die on spawn where there is almost no escape.

"Camping" is an almost inescapable tactic. Or does everyone think standing still for 2 seconds is now "camping"?

I peeked my head around a corner and caught fire, retreated and popped out for a shot and killed the guy only to be called a "camper". I was on my way to cap C and like checking my corners... I suppose next time I should run around blindly as so not to offend children who think stopping for a second is "camping".

No. Its been around for years and has always indicated a squat-on-spawn. Posting an area for defense is "defense".

Not to mention if they have line of sight on you - you have line of sight on them and with these maps - flanking a KNOWN location takes seconds.

I'm always on the move and I haven't found a "camper" squatting on a spawn yet.

Here is the emblem my brother made for me, I love it so much! Link from Zelda of course.

And here is his one, Ichigo from Bleach.

Soooo talented. To be able to make these like he does, just from complete scratch and they turn out awesome as. I know because I got him to come round to my house specially to make mine. :D

Those are really awesome. I've been trying to no avail to make something that looks like my avatar, but I never get anything to look the way I want.

wanna see what happens when you get vsat+swarm+dogs in a kill confirmed match? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mpeu5IrxGM&feature=plcp

This happened to me last night it was a fucking nightmare. I ended up switching to my shotgun class sitting in a corner praying a dog or hunter didn't find me.

Those are really awesome. I've been trying to no avail to make something that looks like my avatar, but I never get anything to look the way I want.

This happened to me last night it was a fucking nightmare. I ended up switching to my shotgun class sitting in a corner praying a dog or hunter didn't find me.

there is really nothing else you can do in that situation, I haven't been hit with all three at the same time, but just having to deal with just one of those streaks is a serious pain.

harrytang

being killed by legit camper once is fine with me. if i travel through same area and don't deal with camper, or forget he was there it's my fault if he gets me again.

the smart campers change their corner so when i run back in there hoping to exterminate i just get killed again. always irritating, but they're doing it right. everyone plays the game different. just presents a new challenge and the reason why playing against humans is a millions times more fun than playing against AI.

Lol. This.

Id say the same thing if it was true.

Dude, camping is fine.

I mean look: The game is centered around SCORESTREAKS. I've never understood people that complain about camping. I don't really camp, because I just don't get enough kills by sitting in a room, but I do hold certain points that I think people will run into. And if people keep coming I'll keep holding it.

My playstyle isn't really "camping" per say, but to do whatever it takes to get the most kills while staying ALIVE. Some of the time that means flanking, some of the time it means camping an area.

So deal with dat

i took someone's carepackage and hacked it as well

this dude ran up to his care package (that i hacked/stole) and watched as he blew up with the thing

good times...

DomLando

Can anyone suggest weapons and perks for me to use or what they like? Been playing a little while and can't seem to find a gun I really like.

jadedm17

being killed by legit camper once is fine with me. if i travel through same area and don't deal with camper, or forget he was there it's my fault if he gets me again.

the smart campers change their corner so when i run back in there hoping to exterminate i just get killed again. always irritating, but they're doing it right. everyone plays the game different. just presents a new challenge and the reason why playing against humans is a millions times more fun than playing against AI.

EXACTLY!

My favorite strategy - as its been for many CODs now - has always been to stay to the outside perimeter of where my team is (so I'm covered ~50% on directions enemies will come) and kill someone, then move slightly. Maybe another corner, maybe pull back a little... maybe grab a little more ground so when they (and they will come back) for me, they run into me sooner. I love it because most of the time a kill is always a double or triple kill due to people's reckless impulses.

Finally started to work on the two camo's that you have to run without attachments and perks to get. I play hardcore only and I was kinda dreading it. I normally run all the "hide me" style perks.
So last night I build a class for my M27 without attachments and perks.
Nothing changed!
I believe this is a testament to some of the poor design of the levels and the spawns.
How could it play the same? How can my K/D be the same without the perks?

Finally started to work on the two camo's that you have to run without attachments and perks to get. I play hardcore only and I was kinda dreading it. I normally run all the "hide me" style perks.
So last night I build a class for my M27 without attachments and perks.
Nothing changed!
I believe this is a testament to some of the poor design of the levels and the spawns.
How could it play the same? How can my K/D be the same without the perks?

Maybe that's a testament to your skill! I like how there's no egregiously overpowered perk this time around (or at least I haven't noticed it). Whats up with the glass is half empty mentality? If you don't need no stinkin perks, then more power to ya!

Victrix

*beard*
there is really nothing else you can do in that situation, I haven't been hit with all three at the same time, but just having to deal with just one of those streaks is a serious pain.

I ran the same thing, except I went Warthog->Dogs->Swarm :O

Warthog is only really good on the more open levels though, it's too easy to avoid on any map with cover, so VSAT->Dogs->Swarm is generally better if you're going for the whole hog.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can anyone suggest weapons and perks for me to use or what they like? Been playing a little while and can't seem to find a gun I really like.

Hardline and Engineer are the best perks in the game, especially when the latter is combined with having a care package scorestreak and a couple black hats. Ghost and Dexterity are the second best imo. Flak Jacket is good for Domination and Hardpoint.

MSMC + suppressor + laser sight
alternatively, MSMC + primary gunfighter + suppressor + quickdraw + stock

Finally, there are three scorestreak loadouts you cant go wrong with. They all help your team immensley and your own personal score as well. The only thing that will come with higher risk is a higher k/d ratio if you care.
Uav to Hunter Killer to Care Package (most fun, least pressure)
Lightning Strike to Stealth Chopper to Vsat (credit to max)
Vsat to Dogs to Swarm (highest risk, highest reward. Consistent loop)

"Camping" is what happens when you creep a spawn. Anywhere else it's called "posting".

"Camping" happens when the killed player is put into a position of die on spawn where there is almost no escape.

"Camping" is an almost inescapable tactic. Or does everyone think standing still for 2 seconds is now "camping"?

I peeked my head around a corner and caught fire, retreated and popped out for a shot and killed the guy only to be called a "camper". I was on my way to cap C and like checking my corners... I suppose next time I should run around blindly as so not to offend children who think stopping for a second is "camping".

No. Its been around for years and has always indicated a squat-on-spawn. Posting an area for defense is "defense".

Not to mention if they have line of sight on you - you have line of sight on them and with these maps - flanking a KNOWN location takes seconds.

I'm always on the move and I haven't found a "camper" squatting on a spawn yet.

No, camping is sitting in one spot and watching an area. It's why you have the other term called spawn camping.

HiiiLife

Dude, camping is fine.

I mean look: The game is centered around SCORESTREAKS. I've never understood people that complain about camping. I don't really camp, because I just don't get enough kills by sitting in a room, but I do hold certain points that I think people will run into. And if people keep coming I'll keep holding it.

My playstyle isn't really "camping" per say, but to do whatever it takes to get the most kills while staying ALIVE. Some of the time that means flanking, some of the time it means camping an area.

So deal with dat

Lol. You don't got to type a paragraph to justify it. Back back doe.

Nori Chan

What's the score for Lightning Strike, Stealth, and Vsat? And with hardline?

I might give it a try when I unlock them all. Loved the brobird from BO1

aku:jiki

EXACTLY!

My favorite strategy - as its been for many CODs now - has always been to stay to the outside perimeter of where my team is (so I'm covered ~50% on directions enemies will come) and kill someone, then move slightly. Maybe another corner, maybe pull back a little... maybe grab a little more ground so when they (and they will come back) for me, they run into me sooner. I love it because most of the time a kill is always a double or triple kill due to people's reckless impulses.
conan.gif

I know CoD is ultra popular, so it naturally appeals to the lowest common denominator, but all the whining about camping is so childish.

Last night, I played a Dom match on Hijacked and we held B flag for the entire match. I play with a couple of guys that like to rush, so I stayed back with a burst fire AR at the top of one of the towers. I was able to pick off snipers from the other tower area as well as anyone rushing B flag. And when people came running in, I had to use tactics to defend my position.

What was I supposed to do with my burst fire rifle? Rush C flag to fuck up the spawns? lol no.

And the same thing goes for TDM. I may not have the reaction time of twitch MSMC players, but I can still help my team. If I go 12-5 (with 3 deaths from the spawn system) and I shoot down 5 UAVs and put up a couple of my own, that's a successful game. I don't need to go 30-3.

I'm not talking about sitting in a single corner, but I'm finding a post and owning a part of the map before moving on. And I have to keep up with my team to some degree, otherwise I'll die when the spawns flip.

Also, playing a support role lets me do things, like shooting down UAVs, that the others can't when they're in the thick of fighting for B flag. People like playing with me because they know when they're flanking, their positions won't be on the Pac-Man map for too long.

The first thing I do when I spawn is take down whatever is in the air. And as a support player, I always run UAV and either CUAV or Blackbird/Orbital VSAT. I never run selfish streaks like that paper airplane that gets you all of one kill just to improve your KDR. And not caring about my KDR, I'll go in the clear to shoot down air support even if it means I'll probably get shot in the back.

Sure, I have two claymores watching my back, but once those are gone, I only have a slow burst rifle against insanely accurate SMGs. And this game gives you more ways than ever to flush out someone who's guarding a flag or a bomb. Engineer, EMP grenades, Black Hats, regular tacticals, EMP streaks, Ghost doesn't work for staying still, Flak Jacket for claymores or betties, multiple entry points to every location, etc.

Camping doesn't have to be sitting in a corner the entire match. But if you still don't see the benefits to that type of play, go ahead and keep complaining. It's not going to change my style of play.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
EXACTLY!

Sounds about what I do much of the time. Depends on my mood and the connection though.

Jack_AG

Banned

Holy shit. If he's changing positions then he's not "camping", smh.

Camping is when a player abuses a specific position, usually hard to counter, in an attempt to squat a spawn.

I have yet to find a LEGIT camping spot where a dude can unload 20-1 sitting still. Maybe 2-3 kills TOPS if people line up single-file since you can be flanked from everywhere in this game.

I'm saying this as the idiot who is always sneaking around to cap or pull attention for my team as support - I rarely stop for fractions of a second to check my corners and I haven't come across any "campers".

Maps are too open to provide enough squatting safety in this game.

If he sits on a known spawn - camper. If he sits in a flank-able corner - fool me once i'll just sneak around you and shoot your flank.

aku:jiki

Holy shit. If he's changing positions then he's not "camping", smh.

Camping is when a player abuses a specific position, usually hard to counter, in an attempt to squat a spawn.

I have yet to find a LEGIT camping spot where a dude can unload 20-1 sitting still. Maybe 2-3 kills TOPS if people line up single-file since you can be flanked from everywhere in this game.

I'm saying this as the idiot who is always sneaking around to cap or pull attention for my team as support - I rarely stop for fractions of a second to check my corners and I haven't come across any "campers".

Maps are too open to provide enough squatting safety in this game.

If he sits on a known spawn - camper. If he sits in a flank-able corner - fool me once i'll just sneak around you and shoot your flank.
You know, gaming terminology has actually evolved and changed since Quake 2 came out.

Madtown_

I'm looking forward to playing this again. Thanksgiving killed any chance I had; time to keep leveling up the PDW

You know, gaming terminology has actually evolved and changed since Quake 2 came out.

Here we go, time for a meaningless debate about what camping really is!

If I use the wildcard to have 2 claymores, and I place them and resupply with scavenger, what is the limit of how many claymores I can have down at one time before they start disappearing?

HiiiLife

If I use the wildcard to have 2 claymores, and I place them and resupply with scavenger, what is the limit of how many claymores I can have down at one time before they start disappearing?

Imagine if you could place every resupply down though. That'd be fun. Lol.

LowParry

It makes me sad when I play with some friends where you hear the general complaint about being outgunned in 1v1 fights where I know they'd win them easily. And they go off by what they see on the killcam of them not shooting at all, etc. I see it happen with me as well from time to time and it is pretty frustrating. I just hope some patch work will help the netcode here soon. I really enjoy the game and far better with it than Halo 4. I experience the same sort of frustrations with Halo 4 and I get all bummed out playing it from time to time.

Top Bottom