• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Two quick questions:

1) If you have Scavenger and only 1 Tactical Equipment for your class, do you get a 2nd when you pick up a Scavenger bag, or does the class have to begin with two for bags to refill a second?

2) Does Ghost keep you off the Orbital VSAT? If I recall correctly, it didn't hide you from the Blackbird in BO1.

Thanks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I've been killed so many times spinning around looking in the air for UAVs. :(

The worst is when you spend a long time looking for it, you finally find it, and then it just flies away..

Actually just showing UAVs on the radar itself would go a long way. I feel like an idiot looking in the air, spinning around in circles, whispering to myself, "Please don't get shot, please don't get shot, please don't get..."

I swear they are closer to the map playing area than in previous games, generally you could look outside the map to find them without having to aim vertically too much regardless of where you were as long as there was nothing in the way.

But in Black Ops 2 it comes to a point where I can't destroy a UAV or similar streak because it is directly above me, I have gotten myself killed a few times from trying to spin around on the spot to get a lock because I couldn't aim at it, lol.

Two quick questions:

1) If you have Scavenger and only 1 Tactical Equipment for your class, do you get a 2nd when you pick up a Scavenger bag, or does the class have to begin with two for bags to refill a second?

Scavenger replenishes the number you have equipped, so if you have one tactical it will only fill up that one slot you are using.

Ryck

I can't seem to win matches lately, for a while my win ratio was around 1.0 but now its down around 0.35 or something ridiculously low. I am a decent player (1.00 KDR nothing crazy but I have my good matches) and I always shoot down Uav's. But for some reason I always end up on a shitty team and although I usually come away with a decent game, the team loses.

Too much mercenary moshpit I guess...

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
Knifing is so dumb in this game, especially with the dedicated knife you get for leaving an open slot. BF3 got it right.

That said, it's real fun running around Hijacked knifing everyone with your magic homing blade.

Ryck

Also is there anywhere to view medals? I notice it gives them to you in the post match but I can't find em in the barracks.

VariantX

Knifing is so dumb in this game, especially with the dedicated knife you get for leaving an open slot. BF3 got it right.

That said, it's real fun running around Hijacked knifing everyone with your magic homing blade.

Knifing just seems to be something that will never work properly in a CoD game. I've always said unless its from the back , knifing should not be a 1-hit kill. Seen far too many end of match replays in BO2 with people just knifing thin air and still getting kills.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
d0n2A.png

I made a art.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks like some weird ass anime character.

HiiiLife

I'm starting to hate the amount of people who don't shoot down UAV's.

Really undermines my playstyle sometimes.

Imagine if the announcer played it like the old Football game "500". Soon as a UAV pops up.. "This one is worth 500". Lol. Guarantee everyone will be shooting them down then.

eek5

Ok guys

Best SMG is?
I have been using the POW for over a week. Silenced + red laser thing.

Anything better?

PDW is the best because of mag size. MP7 is a bit better on maps where you'll have longer LOS.

Scorpion EVO is the best at close range (fastest TTK) but the fast ROF and smaller mag means you can usually kill 2 max but because of latency this is kind of a stretch. I've killed 5 people w/ one mag on PDW before.

Chicom CQB is best mid-long range SMG. It's decent close range if you have good trigger control (I think the delay is something like 10ms so you can get it to fire at ~1100rpm)

A lot of people like the MSMC as well. It does 40dmg up close which will help if you strafe behind cover and continue your shot, otherwise I find the PDW better as far as handling goes.

Acinixys

UAV spam is getting to much. Got 17 UAV kills in ONE domination match today. They should seriously nerf it already. Make it so it only shows half the map or something. I'm the only person who ever shoots the damn things down as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have been getting random steam disconnects the past hour or so :/

Good to know it's not just me. Wow. We were absolutely steamrolling a team on Kill Confirmed and I was getting so many points and then bam.

But I think it might be on Steam's end since Steam says No Connection.

VariantX

UAV spam is getting to much. Got 17 UAV kills in ONE domination match today. They should seriously nerf it already. Make it so it only shows half the map or something. I'm the only person who ever shoots the damn things down as well.

Maybe bringing SAM's back would be a good way to counter the over abundance of uav's

VertPin

So guys, I bought MW3 (love COD, but I didn't enjoy MW3 when I owned it on PS3) because of the Steam sale. Am I in for disappointment again? The only reason I didn't enjoy MW3 was because of its multiplayer maps...otherwise I loved it. Will I love it more on PC? And also...the ps3 port looked terrible. Someone enlighten me on my purchase I may have just regretted!

Card Boy

Banned
I would be good if going indoors would stop you from showing up on UAV. The downside to this is more campers. Better yet just get rid of UAV.

With the UAV, I just ignore them. Now I dont have Ghost, and Ill usually have about 1-4 deaths that I can see are a direct result of not taking it out or having Ghost.

But everyone has UAV. And no one does anything about it. So sure, you can equip a launcher, take it down to help the cause, net you a few points, but 9 times out of 10, there's another one up within seconds. So unless you have Ghost, and unless you want to play UAV Destroyer, you just ignore it and play the game. I wouldn't be so down on taking them out if I ever saw ANYONE, ANYONE what so ever on my team taking them out or trying to.

Im still trying to settle on scorestreaks. Im only at level 49, but Im leaning towards Counter UAV (or the waffle bot with guns), Lightning Strike Stealth Helicopter. Im a fan of scorestreaks that dont take you out of the game.

Im kinda torn on what to do when I get to level 55. So much stuff Id rather not lose since they are at the end (Ghost, Claymores) or they're badass and in the middle (FAL, HAMR, Scavenger, Bettys).

Obviously as everyone is taking notice, FAL with select fire, target finder, and FMJ (kinda like the foregrip here) is sick.

Also, today on XBOX Domination, so many QS'ing bolt action sniper rifle users. I just don't get it. I rarely see any of them do anything above like a 21-17, but man, this community LUVS them some hot sniping action, regardless that they are usual terrible at it (which sucks, because they are usually on my team).

Random points there! lol

I have two FAL classes.

I want to win gun fights in close, medium, and long range. So I always roll primary gun fighter with three slots on the FAL. There are better long only or short only guns, but none this versatile.

Gun attachments:
Select Fire. Quickdraw handle. And Target finder.

Perk 1 I usually go flak jacket or hardline or both
Perk 2 toughness
Perk 3 dexterity (this is a great combo with the quick handle...)

If I don't double up on perk 1 I use a tac slot and vary it based on map and game plus a launcher to shoot down planes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Didn't think I was gonna do it this year, but decided to go ahead and get this game anyway.

Hopefully the issues will have been ironed out in a week when it arrives. (Xbox)

Sub_Level

So guys, I bought MW3 (love COD, but I didn't enjoy MW3 when I owned it on PS3) because of the Steam sale. Am I in for disappointment again? The only reason I didn't enjoy MW3 was because of its multiplayer maps...otherwise I loved it. Will I love it more on PC? And also...the ps3 port looked terrible. Someone enlighten me on my purchase I may have just regretted!

PC version of MW3 is inferior to the PS3 version, actually. Not surprising, considering the PC port of MW2 wasn't anything to write home about either. I thought the PS3 version looked fine. It has a fairly boring campaign and the DLC map packs didn't add a lot of great maps. Survival mode is great, though (if not a bit sterile) and the Spec Ops missions add a little more replay value.

I wish they'd just remove the movement restriction on Ghost. But then everyone would use it. But then the reason everyone would use it would be because there's so many damn UAVs in the air. Vicious circle.

Anyway, I just did my first rage quit on this game. I got spawn killed like 6 times in a match and couldn't take it anymore. Coupled with some bad hit detection (3 bursts from the M8 at close-mid range doesn't kill?), and I had to take a breather.

I think the spawns are getting worse. And of course, the constant UAVs hurt this even more. The instant you spawn, if you're not already near an enemy, one will be near you within seconds.

I also realize that I used to play Blops and MW3 on Wii, where due to RAM issues the player count was 5 on each team instead of 6. I think I actually like that more.

Tamanon

Banned
Wow. That's gross. Needs to be fixed.

What equipment is that? I pretty much run with just flashbangs and haven't seen this crazy tripod thing.

That's the Guardian, a Scorestreak. It's amazing anywhere there's a chokepoint or objective. Really slows and almost stuns, and then kills after a few seconds. Looks like insanely more lethal on Hardcore.

Sub_Level

Wow. That's gross. Needs to be fixed.

What equipment is that? I pretty much run with just flashbangs and haven't seen this crazy tripod thing.

When did you start playing? lol it's a scorestreak called Guardian. Shoots a straight line of radiation across the map. Slows and stuns you most of the time, but it can kill you if you stay in the radiation long enough.

Has Treyarch even said anything about addressing spawns and the lag compensation? I'm in disbelief that I've stopped playing a Call of Duty game less than two weeks from it's launch, but the current state of the multiplayer is practically unplayable with the instadeath revenge spawning or lightning strikes.

Absolutely none of my buddies will have anything to do with it until they address the issues. Everyone wants to snap their disc due to the frustration.

Magik

What they should do with Ghost is make it so that you only get half the amount of points when its equipped.

Sure, you'll be off the radar, but you have to do double the amount of work to get killstreaks to make up for that advantage.

Edit: Heck, go even further.. NO killstreaks when Ghost is equipped.

Top Bottom