• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Jack_AG

Banned
Tried it - not sure if it's all in my head, but the difference in gun battles is night and day. I can actually when against 1, 2, or 3 opponents!! Thanks for sharing the link!

This video does nothing for lag comp since lag comp penalizes the BETTER connection. So the better your ping and connection - the more lag comp you will get.

My PS3 has had a static IP forever. I tried opening up the ports to see if that does anything, despite knowing it wouldn't with lag comp, sure enough - didn't do jack shit.

I can still pump half a clip into someone with hit markers only to get killed in 1 shot. The killcam still shows me not shooting anything - and sometimes only 1 bullet.

Placebo, as always.

Lag Comp works against the better connection - so it's a no brainer that this would not help in any way, shape or form but I entertained the idea for the hell of it.

Also - the guy in the vid says you have no right to complain if you don't try it out - well - no - he's an idiot. Simply because BO2 is the only game I have this issue with and I don't need to jump through hoops with other games to get them working properly online.

He neglects the fact that many, like myself, have been gaming online for longer than 2 minutes. This isn't most people's first rodeo.

When BO2 is the odd man out - guess what? The game is the problem, not my setup which works without a problem for everything else.

The guy in the vid can blame everyone else but there's a reason that everyone complains about lag comp in THIS GAME and not the plethora of other online games. I'm quite sure that other games have issues - but COD is KNOWN to have lag comp issues like water is known to be "wet"... this isn't news.

Xamdou

You lose all your unlocks, but gain the ability to first put your clan tag and then put your icon on the gun on a second prestige of it. You also get a nice chunk of XP. I think it's also required to get the gold camos.

I see, at what prestige do I get the gold camo?

redhot_

Trick to doing good at this game is to play during the day or late at night when all these little shit kids are not around.

Voltron64

I really believed the net code would get better after BLOPS, not worse. Did they hire monkeys to work on the networking? Never again Treyarch.

Sethos

Banned
Really enjoying the game on PC, connection difference is huge. You feel like you kill what you are aiming at and whenever you die it's because of a bad move, slow reflexes or something 'real' instead of LC bullshit. I feel like the PC version is so much easier, despite sucking.

I uploaded a quick edit of my last S&D game, lots of spraying and luck. Tried out my SS Sensei instead of the G700 plus my hands are still shaking like crazy from all meds on the hospital so I just wanted to make sure I still had it :p Probably also need to configure the mouse sens, feels a bit fast.

Went 15 - 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0o01NjtsM8

The last few seconds still baffles me, the car blowing up. Not sure what the hell that was.

tatsuki

Is there any news on us hardcore players getting any more modes added? I'd kind of like to play HC Domination & Kill Confirmed.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No joke, it works.

Made a new video talking about Dexterity, some surprising results after testing.

How Good Is Dexterity? Black Ops 2 with Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6d_C03CPk0

Great informative video like always!

Honestly I already liked Dextery for the faster mantling + faster climbing alone. On ledge-heavy maps like Raid and Meltdown that is invaluable for getting around. Until I start getting Diamond camos for the LMGs, though, I think I will stick with Engineer + Black Hats.

Is there any news on us hardcore players getting any more modes added? I'd kind of like to play HC Domination & Kill Confirmed.

MW3 surprised me with the post-launch modes they added like Drop Zone and Infection. I think you'll be in luck so good so just sit tight. I don't play HC but I'm kind of appalled they didn't include Kill Confirmed for you guys. But maybe they consider that too "arcadey" for hardcore.

Nome

Finally made an emblem :D

lqgWw.jpg

redhot_

What is with people and their mics?
I dont want to hear the conversation you're having with your Mum about whats for dinner

The best is when its turned on, and set right beside there speakers, i love hearing some randoms tv louder then mine.

Square - mute all but party will always be the best new feature to this game.

DRE Fei

So many disconnect errors and lag today. This has got to be the worst multiplayer ever. Treyarch has shitted out some garbage before, but nothing like this. I guess I shouldn't be shocked at this point. Deeper into the cesspool this franchise goes. I can't wait until Respawn comes out with their new game.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I put up with all the BS from MW1, MW2, BLOPS, and MW3, but it was THIS game that finally made me quit. The maps suck balls, the lag bullshit was too much, and the non stop deaths from those fucking betty's were getting ridiculous. I'm done. Going back to MW3.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
PDW + Primary Gunfighter + Freakin' Lazer Beam + Suppressor + Fast Mag
Perk 1 Greed + Lightweight + Ghost
Engineer
Black Hat

Got three first places in a row playing FFA with this class. Trying for PDW Gold. Fast Mag and Lightweight ensure that you're constantly on the move. Used the extra slot for Black Hat instead of Stinger since people rarely get deadly scorestreaks in FFA.

The only really bad part is no Dexterity, which really helps with getting around in FFA.If anything I would take Perk 3 Greed + Dextery in place of Perk 1 Greed and Lightweight, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

LowParry

Just broke my disc in half, I'm done with this fucking game.

We've already had this discussion :D

I put up with all the BS from MW1, MW2, BLOPS, and MW3, but it was THIS game that finally made me quit. The maps suck balls, the lag bullshit was too much, and the non stop deaths from those fucking betty's were getting ridiculous. I'm done. Going back to MW3.

BLOP2Maps > MW3Maps easily. Engineer is your friend. Lag I understand though.

Sojgat

I agree with the lag and connection problems, but the maps are great IMO and there are so many ways around the bouncing betty mines (ducking, not running around madly, various perks) that they're not a problem. In fact I love how idiots become over dependent on them to cover entrances, just crouch underneath them and shoot them in the back. Only reason to get killed by a betty is if you get caught when somebody throws one out as they're dying in a last ditch effort. Plus the people who spam them are just giving me so many points towards my streaks.

Top Bottom