• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Stutter on PC version has finally pissed me off enough to stop playing. The game has its issues but in games where I don't stutter I have fun but for some reason the stutters getting worse.

From what I can tell its an optimization issue and something to do with excessive CPU usage. Game runs 60 fps easy but randomly stutters all over the place to the point it screws me over a LOT.

Maybe I will wait till a patch and try again.

I really like the lack of auto aim on PC (even though I use an Xbox controller) but I aware snipers still have it. I still get one shotted by snipers firing an inch to my side (aka should have missed) and quick scoping. Anyone know about these on pc version?

Nabs

Stutter on PC version has finally pissed me off enough to stop playing. The game has its issues but in games where I don't stutter I have fun but for some reason the stutters getting worse.

From what I can tell its an optimization issue and something to do with excessive CPU usage. Game runs 60 fps easy but randomly stutters all over the place to the point it screws me over a LOT.

Maybe I will wait till a patch and try again.

I really like the lack of auto aim on PC (even though I use an Xbox controller) but I aware snipers still have it. I still get one shotted by snipers firing an inch to my side (aka should have missed) and quick scoping. Anyone know about these on pc version?

The game is well optimized on PC. Try disabling the frame sync and lowering depth of field. If that doesn't help, then maybe you need to look at your drivers.

There is no aim assist in the PC version. Looking at the killcam is not a good way to judge hit detection.

The game is well optimized on PC. Try disabling the frame sync and lowering depth of field. If that doesn't help, then maybe you need to look at your drivers.

There is no aim assist in the PC version. Looking at the killcam is not a good way to judge hit detection.

Tried all manner of settings and stutter remains the same. From what I gleamed from Google searches its a common problem. And is CPU based.

Does quick scoping work on PC? I see peoples doing it but maybe they just have a perfect perception of where the centre of the screen is. Still the fact snipers become 100% accurate the second you hit ADS is dumb.

Jrmint

Along with Raid and Slums. Not a fan of really open sight lines.
Raid is awesome, just flank around the back side of the statue to either A or C side. I never go through the middle.

Aftermath is just a pile of shit. So many places for people to hide, no good routes to take, just pisses me off.

ohlawd

I'm almost there mwuahaha.

After weeks of having a KD over 2.00, I've managed to face enough bullshit to push me near 2.00 straight on the dot. I'm not very keen about this.

redhot_

Raid is awesome, just flank around the back side of the statue to either A or C side. I never go through the middle.

Aftermath is just a pile of shit. So many places for people to hide, no good routes to take, just pisses me off.

Well Raid on KC seems to have the worst spawns, makes me want to freak out like Elpresador lol.

eek5

Raid is one of my favorite maps. The middle is actually really underrated. If you dip out really quickly and drop into the middle you can pick off people from all 4 sides by stepping partially up on the stairs on each side. It's also pretty hard to get LoS into the center unless you step out into mid.

I'd recommend only coming up on the house/house stairs though. The LoS from pool to death circle is way too dangerous to cross paths with.

eek5

Won my first 4 TDM league matches. Lost the 5th one to a group. 6th match is against a full party of 6 against a bunch of randoms. Game is close into ~30 kills then the party's host pulls the plug so I get my "first" loss. League is so fun /s

I love raid because it's probably the most diverse map, it actually has some open areas with decent cover for some mid-range battles ( which are SORELY lacking in this game ) flanking routes, and a couple areas near the middle that facilitate some interesting close range encounters. Slums is just okay, matches don't have a great flow there. The initial spawns have chokepoints leading out of them that can make it hard to maneuver out of in objective gametypes, and has a few areas near the ends of the map that seem like a waste of space since they see such little action.Also, Raid seems like a well liked map with most people, it's voted for constantly when it comes up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Slums I don't like either.

But Raid is deliciously good. I exclusively use SMGs and the open areas are not a problem if you know how to get around. Stick to the edge of the map except when going inside the buildings. Avoid the central courtyard unless it's a hardpoint spot. The game has been out for weeks so you already generally know what windows have people with their cute little sniper rifles and ARs.

Anyways, getting Diamond guns are too much of a chore. Getting gold RPG is ridiculous, you need a Triple Kill. That's way too situational. Gonna stick with my Gold MSMC and Gold Stinger. Might prestige them to get my emblem *shrugs*.

I did discover something cool today though. As you all know, when you shoot a stealth chopper with a SMAW or Stinger the chopper will shoot flares out to protect itself. But guess what happens when you shoot an RPG at it? No flares. You can destroy it with one RPG rocket, and they're waaaay more accurate in Black Ops 2 than those ridiculous random things in good old CoD4.

Tendo

Thinking of getting this for wii u instead of zombie u. Any input how it runs? Can I play local zombie mode with one on the couch and one on the pad?

Tried league play for the first time and 3 out of 4 games had really bad lag. I'm talking ethernet jack thing popping up every few minutes bad. I'm guessing it's because there is not enough people playing, but it's pretty ironic that the competitive playlist is less of a level playing field than the regular stuff.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tried league play for the first time and 3 out of 4 games had really bad lag. I'm talking ethernet jack thing popping up every few minutes bad. I'm guessing it's because there is not enough people playing, but it's pretty ironic that the competitive playlist is less of a level playing field than the regular stuff.

Well, it also doesn't prioritize connection. It's skill first.

Well, it also doesn't prioritize connection. It's skill first.

The lag defeats the entire purpose of the playlist though. None of the competitive guys that they were looking to appease with this playlist are going to take this stuff seriously. Treyarch should have invested in dedicated servers if only for this playlist alone.

Has anybody played around with the KSG shotgun? I just started using it, and so far it is my favorite shotgun and gun overall in this game. It shoots slug rounds, so your shot is a single projectile that flies across maps and only stops until it hits something. It's either a one shot kill or two shot kill at range, and the slug doesn't magically disappear after a certain distance like the other shot guns. If you're accurate and playing without lag it is a ridiculously fun gun to use.

GenericUser

I have a question about the unlock system.

Is it more like modern warfare where you unlock sights/perks by leveling up yourself / your gun or is it more like black ops 1 where you unlock the gun and you are able to buy whatever attachment you want once you have the gun unlocked?

I liked the MW unlock system much more, thats why I ask.

Just a heads up that if you have weapons unlocked in create a class the kills you get in party games will count towards the camo unlocks.

I got my ballistic knife gold playing lots of stick and stones.

Is it more like modern warfare where you unlock sights/perks by leveling up yourself / your gun or is it more like black ops 1 where you unlock the gun and you are able to buy whatever attachment you want once you have the gun unlocked?

You'll be a happy camper then. No pun.

Sojgat

You level up to unlock weapons, perks, and equipment. You level each individual weapon to unlock the attachments for that weapon (these remain when you prestige, but you must unlock the weapon again).

GenericUser

You'll be a happy camper then. No pun.

I am former quake 3 gamer, I lost the attention span necessary to camp long ago :p

You level up to unlock weapons, perks, and equipment. You level each individual weapon to unlock the attachments for that weapon (these remain when you prestige, but you must unlock the weapon again).

good news for me, thanks for clearing that up!

How are the connection on pc? I gave up on ps3 last week but since i got myself a new pc i've been wondering.

Are there dedicated servers? Is the lag compensation as bad as on consoles?

Sethos

Banned
How are the connection on pc? I gave up on ps3 last week but since i got myself a new pc i've been wondering.

Are there dedicated servers? Is the lag compensation as bad as on consoles?

I had the same worries and picked up the PC version, it's like night and day. I have not seen a single case of lag compensation bullshit, despite some PC users saying it's there. The game on PC is so much easier because you genuinely feel it's fair when you die and fair when you get the kill.

I've had some of the most insane rounds already.

However after playing it I simply can't go back to the console version. The lag comp is bad on consoles but when you see the contrast and KNOW the game can 'play like this' the console versions feel straight up broken.

I had the same worries and picked up the PC version, it's like night and day. I have not seen a single case of lag compensation bullshit, despite some PC users saying it's there. The game on PC is so much easier because you genuinely feel it's fair when you die and fair when you get the kill.

I've had some of the most insane rounds already.

However after playing it I simply can't go back to the console version. The lag comp is bad on consoles but when you see the contrast and KNOW the game can 'play like this' the console versions feel straight up broken.

thanks, i guess it's time to look for a cheap key somewhere :)

nOoblet16

How is it possible that some people still consider BO2 to be an generic formula shooter just like every other COD when they've changed so much with this game this time around? I guess it's simply because of the COD name hate ?

It's surprising but this game somehow ends up being having one of the most player depended storyline released this year....yet whenever I mention this I get laughed on my face because you know "A COD game is a generic on rails shooter" and it can't be anything else because it's a series that gets a release every year so it must be shit.

Usually in TDM games, I'm about a 1.6 KDR type of player. I shoot down air support, sometimes dying in that process, and I do enough for my team. I prefer to play a mid-long range game with ARs. I don't consider myself an amazing player. I'm decent-good (because theoretically 1 is "average").

I often do less then 1.6, but when things are "fair" IMO and I'm not dying five times to spawns, I usually do 1.6-1.8. I was 1.8 in Blops before I started fucking around with Crossbows and Ballistic knives-only classes.

Just to mix things up tonight, I decided to take an MP7 with Primary Gunfighter (Laser Sight included obviously). I forgot about air support and just put on Ghost. It was the first time I ran with an SMG since really learning the maps.

All four games I played with it were above a 2.5 KDR, far above my usual play. My best being about 3.40. I don't want to say SMGs are "easy mode" because they're not, but wow, they really need a nerfing. Laser sight and long barrel are insane.

Sethos

Banned
So apparently Germany has the worst CoD players in the history of the game ( I seem to get paired up with Germans exclusively ) or there's something else afoot. I keep pulling off this random crap, these should-be-impossible feats and getting some crazy scores in S&D. I can't even count how many times I've been called "dodgy" or flat out cheater. Getting so annoying.

I was just playing and wanted to have a laugh, pulled out an LMG, only one left and had to defend a bomb. Something that would not be possible on the consoles, not in a million years. On PC, against prestige 3-4 people;

iUdEEem4YRtm2.gif

And I seem to pull off something like that constantly. This isn't a stealth brag post, I've reached a point where I'm getting quite puzzled ... Sometimes it feels like I have massive host advantage like in the old games or something. I'm not even that great of player.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So apparently Germany has the worst CoD players in the history of the game ( I seem to get paired up with Germans exclusively ) or there's something else afoot. I keep pulling off this random crap, these should-be-impossible feats and getting some crazy scores in S&D. I can't even count how many times I've been called "dodgy" or flat out cheater. Getting so annoying.

I was just playing and wanted to have a laugh, pulled out an LMG, only one left and had to defend a bomb. Something that would not be possible on the consoles, not in a million years. On PC, against prestige 3-4 people;

iUdEEem4YRtm2.gif

And I seem to pull off something like that constantly. This isn't a stealth brag post, I've reached a point where I'm getting quite puzzled ... Sometimes it feels like I have massive host advantage like in the old games or something. I'm not even that great of player.

I don't really know what to say, is the gif from your recording device or theatre mode?

You killed 3/4 of them pretty darn quickly and they seemingly did nothing, if it is you recording live I would be interested to see what theatre mode showed from there side.

That or you are the chosen one, lol.

Sethos

Banned
I don't really know what to say, is the gif from your recording device or theatre mode?

You killed 3/4 of them pretty darn quickly and they seemingly did nothing, if it is you recording live I would be interested to see what theatre mode showed from there side.

That or you are the chosen one, lol.

Yeah that's from theatre mode plus it's hardcore mode, hence why they die fairly quick. However I just switched to HC, same stuff happens in Core. The occasional fluke, a lucky streak or some good movement will only get you so far. I sometimes feel they stare at me for 2-3 seconds before they react which isn't something you'd expect a prestige 4 guy to do. None of it would be even remotely possible on the 360 for me, then they are shooting me before I even get around the corner.

The small maps have destroyed the franchise. They look at the stats from previous games and see everyone voting in nuke town and loaded the last 2 games to the brim with these types of maps.

I'm the kinda guy that likes his cake sweet, but it doesn't mean I like eating a cup of sugar.

Revenge spawns, no good. Constant flanking, no good. Time to engagement less than 10 seconds, no good.

Can't wait for next gen to enable more devs to reach low latency 60fps gameplay. COD has not evolved in the right direction.

Sojgat

Yeah that's from theatre mode plus it's hardcore mode, hence why they die fairly quick. However I just switched to HC, same stuff happens in Core. The occasional fluke, a lucky streak or some good movement will only get you so far. I sometimes feel they stare at me for 2-3 seconds before they react which isn't something you'd expect a prestige 4 guy to do. None of it would be even remotely possible on the 360 for me, then they are shooting me before I even get around the corner.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64772343/725812002

Is there any chance this is correct?

Radec

how do you destroy a guardian or a sentry gun?
those 2 are ridiculously overpowered once placed in a choke point.

Sojgat

how do you destroy a guardian or a sentry gun?
those 2 are ridiculously overpowered once placed in a choke point.

Explosives (EMP grenades shut them down for a short while), shoot them with FMV, use a launcher or crossbow, hack them with a black hat.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm loving the Black Hats now, especially with the range you can grab the bouncing betty and shock charge from. Or going under in Hijacked to nab that pesky Guardian that's choking the team out.

Top Bottom