• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

eek5

Can we lower cUAV while we're at it? getting 6-7 kills or whatever in TDM only to get immediately shot down because everyone hates cUAVs is a huge waste lol

I have two thoughts about the UAV news.

1. If they balance it like they "balanced" Ghost, UAV is going to be a 900 pointstreak that you have to retreive from a Care Package first. And I might be okay with that.

2. I'd better start equipping Blind Eye because everyone is going to be using Hunter Killers now as their lowest killstreak that gets them one step closer to UAV.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Man, I love this game. The players seem way more chill in Mercenary Moshpit. Played Search and Destroy, Demolition, and CTF for the first time today. All three were great in their own way. S&D in particular just seems different from the other CoDs. Maybe it has to do with no more sound-whoring.

Even though I run Engineer, I use it exclusively for the Black Hats. I feel I've gotten a bit better and have changed my scorestreak loadout to Counter-UAV - Lightning Strike - Sentry Gun. Considering switching out Lightning Strike for either Guardian or Neo Predator Missile. Sentry Gun could probably easily push me to Stealth Chopper or VSAT but getting to CUAV isn't easy mode like getting to UAV. I'll need that loop ability from the sentry kills.

I did encounter a couple laggy unplayable games, but I just backed out. You can usually tell in the first couple minutes how the connection is just by moving your mouse around.

Also stole a couple care packages from my teammates with Black Hat. Good times, especially when they're not familiar with BH.

Glad to hear that the UAV requirement is going up. The game needs it. Not worried about Hunter Killers since I use Flak Jacket and that DOES protect you from them maybe 50% of the time. It's less situational than Blind Eye too, which imo is about as useful as Hardwired (AKA not very)

Doesn't Flak Jacket also help from not getting killed by Hunter Killers?

If I remember correctly, I've been killed by Hunter Killers while wearing Flak Jacket.

Glad to hear that the UAV requirement is going up. The game needs it. Not worried about Hunter Killers since I use Flak Jacket and that DOES protect you from them maybe 50% of the time. It's less situational than Blind Eye too, which imo is about as useful as Hardwired (AKA not very)

That makes sense. It probably depends on how close you are to the center of the blast. I agree RE: Blind Eye. I tend to only run FJ or Ghost for Tier 1. Ghost kinda sucks now though, so mostly Flak Jacket for me.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
im using the mtar, how do i get the gold/diamond thingy skin?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
im using the mtar, how do i get the gold/diamond thingy skin?

If assault rifles are the same as SMGs, there are three steps to getting a DIAMOND MTAR

Step 1: Get 100 headshots for it. Easier with a laser sight.

Step 2: Complete a series of challenges. 20 mtar revenge kills (kill the guy who killed you). 5 bloodthirsty medals (5 kills with mtar without dying). 150 mtar kills with no perks. 150 mtar kills with no attachments. 20 mtar double kills (kill two people in quick succession). These challenges can be done in any order. This step will get you a GOLD mtar.

Step 3: Make the other 8 assault rifles GOLD. You now have a DIAMOND MTAR.

Z3M0G

I want to make a video of my grenade throw kill but I cant load the video in the theatre. It just loads for ever... is this a known issue?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else having issues with theater? I go to load a game I just played and it just sits at "loading."

I want to make a video of my grenade throw kill but I cant load the video in the theatre. It just loads for ever... is this a known issue?

Apparently so...

Bah, I want to strangle teammates who call me a noob for going 15-24 when I'm the only one shooting down all the air support in the game. Help me out idiots and stop feeding the score streak loops!

MrDaravon

Nothing regarding lag or connection issues have been patched let alone even acknowledged as an issue.

Fantastic.

I don't seem to get it nearly as bad as other folks, but it's still a concern for me. Played some tonight, the first game was garbage bad lag-wise, the few after that were fine though. I'll probably play it over the weekend a bit and see how it goes I guess.

Bah, I want to strangle teammates who call me a noob forgoing 15-24 when Im the only one shooting down all the air support in the game. Help me out idiots and stop feeding the score streak loops!

I'm playing on Wii U, and I made a post on Miiverse pleading for teammates to help me out shooting down air support. I got a bunch of "Yeah!" (Miiverse equivalent of "Like"). I wanted to say, "Where were you when I was playing?!"

Anyone else having issues with theater? I go to load a game I just played and it just sits at "loading."

Apparently so...

Theater was taken down because there was a bug that allowed players to automatically prestige when watching certain videos.......seriously. Apparently there are now quite a few people who are prestige masters (10th prestige) with less than 3000 kills.

MrDaravon

Theater was taken down because there was a bug that allowed players to automatically prestige when watching certain videos.......seriously. Apparently there are now quite a few people who are prestige masters (10th prestige) with less than 3000 kills.

Holy fucking shit, seriously? How....how is that even possible? Goddamn.

vh583b.gif

MrDaravon

I want to know Treyarch's reasons for removing SAM Turret.

I like that the SAM Turret is gone, it makes killstreaks more worthwhile now since they're so hard to get. Making the UAV cost more points is the best solution and it's something I thought should've been done for a few games now.

This video shows basically what happened. I guess people found a way to mod the video files and then those got passed around the community, it's a complete clusterfuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrb1oYkX9M&feature=player_embedded

ugh, I hope the issue is patched up soon so theater comes back, had a couple 70 and 90 kill games in Domination I wanted to watch ( yes that was a stealth brag )

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Best COD in a while, only one game of lag tonight, but a lot of fun.

Need to unlock flak jacket though. people already running around with smaws and shit.

Thanks, I imagine they will be resetting those people as well. I saw one today.

DTKT

I just tried the "Party" mode for a few rounds. Let's just say that it's a nice break from TDM or other more standard modes. I get's old quick though.

M.W.

Worst COD ever. Every time I play this POS it feels like skill doesn't matter, it's all about connection. I'll be in one match where everyone dies in one bullet and I go 45-2, then the very next match my gun fires blanks and I go 2-30. It feels like a broken game. I'm jealous of people that have solid connections/less lag comp/less lag every match. It's so frustrating.

njean777

Worst COD ever. Every time I play this POS it feels like skill doesn't matter, it's all about connection. I'll be in one match where everyone dies in one bullet and I go 45-2, then the very next match my gun fires blanks and I go 2-30. It feels like a broken game. I'm jealous of people that have solid connections/less lag comp/less lag every match. It's so frustrating.

Feels like? it is a broken game, its the worst COD I have ever played. Other then COD3 of course (and guess who made that?)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Friday night, the usual marathon CoD gaming session with my friends.

Played 3+ hours of Black Ops 2 tonight, and there was a lot of frustration. Game after game of - garbage connections, lag comp, bullets killing me after I take cover, getting shot in my spawn, getting shot in the back with revenge spawns, getting killed .2 seconds after my enemies appear around a corner, etc.

Me and my whole crew got disgusted. Felt like some games were "fixed" like the opposing team had a secret weapon or hidden advantage. But instead of everyone calling it a night, we all jumped back onto Black Ops 1.

Utterly different feeling game, much to my surprise seeing as I played so much of it previously. Smooth connections for one thing (I'm in Maryland, one of my buddies was in Texas, another in Washington state) and we all felt the connections were good the whole time we played. Minimal lag comp, actual firefights you feel you can win, the aim assist seemed a notch less, and the movement feels better. There were very few times playing Black Ops1 tonight, were I felt I was really getting the short end of the stick. Gun fights felt fair - and that's really the most important thing here.

Right now - Black Ops1 is the better game.

Gave the Wii U version a go today, it's fine, though one of the big reasons I decided to buy it on Wii U was that I figured I'd like having pointer controls but I'm really not feeling them. Anyone playing the Wii U version with the Wii Remote have any suggestions for settings?

I thought MW3 was pure run and gun but BLOPS2 is definitely worse especially since 'ghost' is practically useless. I stopped using it last night. If I can't aim down sight while moving and remain invisible to UAVs there's no point to it.

I have some friends who were die hard fans of BLOPS1 who despise this game.

I thought MW3 was pure run and gun but BLOPS2 is definitely worse especially since 'ghost' is practically useless. I stopped using it last night. If I can't aim down sight while moving and remain invisible to UAVs there's no point to it.

I have some friends who were die hard fans of BLOPS1 who despise this game.

You can do that, you just have to add the adjustable stock to your weapon

Halcyon

I've finally gotten around to running ghost on my smg loadout. I feel like it may have been helping.

I had two 40+ kill matches this morning and I've never broken 35 before.

Who knows.

Top Bottom