• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have some friends who were die hard fans of BLOPS1 who despise this game.

Well, of course. I didn't like BLOPS 1 much at all but I love this game.

Call of Duty is quickly overtaking Final Fantasy as "the series with the most divergent, varied opinions on which games in the series are actually good".

I've finally gotten around to running ghost on my smg loadout. I feel like it may have been helping.

I had two 40+ kill matches this morning and I've never broken 35 before.

Who knows.

If there are UAVs up then of course it helps. Remember that it doesn't just protect you from enemy players, it actively gives them the wrong idea since they see an empty part of the map on their radar and bam you're there with your SMG. That's why even though if I'm carrying Stinger, it's a good idea to not shoot down UAVs when running Ghost.

SteveWD40

Controller on PC isn't as bad as I assumed, I move around so much easier and can usually "walk" shots in. Even managed to fluke some longshots.

RS4-

To get XP for the clan, just enlist and do whatever game mode required right. I don't remember how it worked in MW3

Hey in the past, I loved mw2(don't hate on me :( ) anyways blops was alright and mw3.. I barely even touched it. But my favorite call of duty always has been the fourth tied with the first. So will I enjoy blops 2?

What the hell happened to the Elite website? Every time I try to log in now it crashes or locks up my browser and I've tried two different ones.

Dartastic

I'm wondering how badly my story is gonna get shot to hell because of me failing certain objectives. I screwed up the interrogation, and I didn't find the files in the next mission. Gahhh

Boost

Banned
I rage quit last night, lol, just fed up with the hit detection and spawns. Probably the worse night I've had since release. I feel like EVERYBODY who I come encounter has the edge, no matter what. Shoot first, hit markers first, I don't get it.

One thing that is happening increasingly is enemies running threw or away from my bullets, and than they turn around to kill me. Only to find out the kill cam shows them lagging and my bullets and gun aim is waaay off to the left or right because that's what I SAW but obviously they were lagging so bad that they were in a different position than what I was shooting at.

Cmon Treyarch, stop giving these fools immunity.

DRE Fei

I rage quit last night, lol, just fed up with the hit detection and spawns. Probably the worse night I've had since release. I feel like EVERYBODY who I come encounter has the edge, no matter what. Shoot first, hit markers first, I don't get it.

One thing that is happening increasingly is enemies running threw or away from my bullets, and than they turn around to kill me. Only to find out the kill cam shows them lagging and my bullets and gun aim is waaay off to the left or right because that's what I SAW but obviously they were lagging so bad that they were in a different position than what I was shooting at.

Cmon Treyarch, stop giving these fools immunity.

Only play on 4 bars. I check the scoreboard immediately as I spawn into the match, before I even pick a class. 3 bars is unplayable for me, so I just leave whenever things don't look good. It's weird because in mw2 I could play on a 3 bar and it was decent. I think all the games have some sort of lag compensation, but this game is the absolute worst when it comes to that.

Effect

I'm at the point now where I'm really regretting purchasing the game. Single player has been fine. Even Zombies is okay but can only play it solo really and circling around and around is simply not fun. Mutliplayer is just to often frustrating. I can deal with the population. It's the other crap that takes place and I'm just starting to get really tired of it. Going to finish up the campaign and then see if I can trade it in at Best Buy. They don't have the Wii U version listed but perhaps they can give the same amount they're asking for the PS3/360 version. Then put the money toward something else. I'll be out money but I'll just chalk it up to a long rental. If not I'll just have to bite the bullet and see what GameStop (ugh) is offering. At the point I think I really should have gone with Mass Effect 3.

Edit: Nah. Will keep it for the time being. Need to not let an day's frustration get to me. After I posted things seemed to get better all around. Strange.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If anybody likes playing Mercenary Moshpit and Ground War lemme know! Steam ID: marcus2091

Tmartn did a video today. Some of you may have already known this, but there's a secret air vent on Hijacked that lets you throw grenades into the basement and vice-versa. Also some cheeky hardpoint glitch spots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwj2_PKb58&feature=g-u

Skip like a minute into the video...to skip his introduction.

Nabs

VSync had me playing like shit for a bit yesterday. I'm glad I caught that within a few rounds and got my mojo back. Uncapped is the way to go on PC.

zonezeus

I swear to God, there must be a giant bullseye painted on my back, because 80% of my deaths are caused by being fucking shot in the back. Between that, horrible spawns and lag compensation this game is currently unplayable for me. As my "farewell" with BLOPS2 I made a Mad Pistolero class with which I'm planning to run my k/d ration even deeper into the ground before trading the game for Halo 4 :)

knitoe

I swear to God, there must be a giant bullseye painted on my back, because 80% of my deaths are caused by being fucking shot in the back. Between that, horrible spawns and lag compensation this game is currently unplayable for me. As my "farewell" with BLOPS2 I made a Mad Pistolero class with which I'm planning to run my k/d ration even deeper into the ground before trading the game for Halo 4 :)

If you are standing alone or playing flanker style, the enemy team usually spawns right next to you. It's crazy how bad the respawn is in this game.

Wow just played Hijacked twice in a row...

First game i started 13-11 playing with no perks and attachments cause of camo. I finished it 75-15 with 35 air support kills. And usually when i play hijacked, i switch out to low killstreaks, but lobbies merged and there was like 3 seconds til hijacked started so yeah i had no time and was like FUCK, but it paid off.

Then i voted previous, but kept the same vsat-lodestar-vtol on cause getting 35 air support kills is exhilarating and i ended up getting them again and went 65-10 with 34 air support kills.

Also, I had a bomb plant in both games so i was playing objective and i had several defends. And another thing that's a bug is that if you plant in demolition overtime and destroy the bomb, theres always a few seconds after the bomb destroy before the game ends, so if the bomb is planted with 1.5 seconds left, then it'll destroy with that much time left and then time will run out after the destroy and the game is considered a tie, which is bullshit, but whatever.

Sethos

Banned
What the fuck is up with the people I run into on PC, constant hack accusations and when I die "HACK FAIL!!!!". Always Germans too.

Gave the Wii U version a go today, it's fine, though one of the big reasons I decided to buy it on Wii U was that I figured I'd like having pointer controls but I'm really not feeling them. Anyone playing the Wii U version with the Wii Remote have any suggestions for settings?

This video is for MW3, but it'll get you up to speed, explaining all the options.

You'll want your horizontal speed mostly to be as fast as possible for turning. Camera Sensitivity affects turning also, but I suggest turning that low as a high camera sensitivity will be too fast.

Here's my set-up (will also post button layout if you want):

Scope Aiming - Pointer
Scope Reticle - Centered
Lookspring - Disabled
Turret Aiming - Control Stick

Horizontal Speed - 40
Vertical Speed - 30
Horizontal Speed ADS - 40
Vertical Speed ADS - 30

Camera Sensitivity - 10
Scope Sensitivity - 0

Wii Remote Sensitivity (Gesture) - 20
Nunchuk Sensitivity (Gesture) - 30

ADS Reach - 10

We're getting a patch adding the missing Cursor Sensitivity setting. I would recommend a high number for that. As high as you can go while still controlling the natural jitter of your hands.

For Dead Zones, a lot of top Wii remote players put it to as low as you can go. I like to have a bit of a dead zone for hipfire. Not very large, but maybe 7 ticks out each way from the zero point in the center (I haven't counted). And then a smaller dead zone for ADS (maybe 4 tick marks?).

Hope that helps. And watch the vid. He explains it better than I could.

UNFORTUNATE WIIMOTE NOTE: We just got a hotfix that had some unintended consequences for Wiimote aim. So... If your hitmarker starts appearing in the center of the screen regardless of your target or your weapon pick-up button is "A" no matter what you set it to, just know that will likely get fixed.

Hickee

Regarding lag compensation.

Since last night, I have been uploading crap to Rapidshare as an experiment to see how the game would react (my earlier post detailed my connection and basically 90% of my games are useless and die in 1 shot etc). I capped my upload to about 3.6mbps out of a possible 4+.

Night and day, people. I'm winning gunfights against SMG users at close range, seeing my damage indicators 3 - 5 times and still being able to react like in Blops 1 and kill my attacker if I can maneuver and aim good enough. Not saying it's perfect every game, but it feels like I have some of the old netcode back at least.

feec21314e15ebbeec7b6b49eda525fe

this is my current emblem =D need to make some tweaks though..

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I have to ask a question about the campaign because I feel like I missed something.

So I bring Noriega to the checkpoint with Mason and then the screen goes black, Next thing I know I'm on a balcony or some shit with a sniper rifle and being told to shoot the guy in the hood. I feel like I've missed something there.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Matches started out fine, then came the lag. Goddamn, it's so fucking bad. Dudes just moonwalking across the screen, half the times I don't even get hit markers after pumping round after round into them. Absolute garbage.

NIN90

I have to ask a question about the campaign because I feel like I missed something.

So I bring Noriega to the checkpoint with Mason and then the screen goes black, Next thing I know I'm on a balcony or some shit with a sniper rifle and being told to shoot the guy in the hood. I feel like I've missed something there.

You are exchanging Noriega for Menendez. That jump from the checkpoint to the balcony is a little jarring, though. The game didn't bug out on you if that's what you are afraid of.

Decided to reset my stats a few moments ago just for the hell of it. I was 7th prestige.

I wish the calling card you got for resetting was cooler, lol. May stick with the Dragonfire card I got from preordering the game until I get something better.

ruxtpin

Banned
*sigh* I love spawning and getting killed by the enemy planted in the corner behind me. I guess it was my fault tho, I should be prepared to spawn and anticipate gettin shot in the back within seconds.

Top Bottom