• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

njean777

Yeah that's from theatre mode plus it's hardcore mode, hence why they die fairly quick. However I just switched to HC, same stuff happens in Core. The occasional fluke, a lucky streak or some good movement will only get you so far. I sometimes feel they stare at me for 2-3 seconds before they react which isn't something you'd expect a prestige 4 guy to do. None of it would be even remotely possible on the 360 for me, then they are shooting me before I even get around the corner.

You are on the good side of lag compensation on those videos. Now me on the other hand would be on the other side with the team dying within one shot. This is what everybody complains about, the netcode is shit, and needed to be fixed before the released this hot pile of trash to the public.

I'm loving the Black Hats now, especially with the range you can grab the bouncing betty and shock charge from. Or going under in Hijacked to nab that pesky Guardian that's choking the team out.

As much as I would love doing all sorts of stuff like that, I think the game is way too fast to play in a tactical way. I'm a decent player and it is kinda hard to bring down the UAV's sometimes.

May be if I were playing with a full squad that I can talk to, yes, but with randoms around on the team, I don't think that will just work sadly :(

Nabs

You are on the good side of lag compensation on those videos. Now me on the other hand would be on the other side with the team dying within one shot. This is what everybody complains about, the netcode is shit, and needed to be fixed before the released this hot pile of trash to the public.

He's playing on PC, he's always on the good side.

Does voice work on PC during a match? I've heard people chat* in the lobby, but never during a round.

*abuse each other in broken English

Scarecrow

Reading the description of the black hat, I thought hacking the enemy equipment would bring it under your control, not destroy it. I think that would have been pretty neat.

Tamanon

Banned
Reading the description of the black hat, I thought hacking the enemy equipment would bring it under your control, not destroy it. I think that would have been pretty neat.

For normal equipment it brings it under your control. For scorestreaks, it destroys it.

A friend of mine on the 360, he was rank 55, never prestiged. Some how he went back to rank 1 and restarted it from his same gamertag.

Any idea how that is possible on the 360?

Makoto

Does voice work on PC during a match? I've heard people chat* in the lobby, but never during a round.

*abuse each other in broken English
Yup, works just fine, even the revenge chat (where if you take out a player, you'll be able to hear their rage for a second or so).

Haven't heard many people talking but such is the nature of the platform.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
P2P is shit. Can't believe MS gets away with charging for it.

A friend of mine on the 360, he was rank 55, never prestiged. Some how he went back to rank 1 and restarted it from his same gamertag.

Any idea how that is possible on the 360?

One you prestige you get the option to reset stats. Which basically makes it as though your getting the game day one.

Jack_AG

Banned
P2P is shit. Can't believe MS gets away with charging for it.

Dedicated servers do not get rid of lag comp. The only upside is choosing a server with a low ping that doesn't migrate - that's when you have the option to choose. Otherwise lag comp will still give players with a higher ping the upper hand and punish players with a low ping. Nothing changes unless lag comp is calculated differently with dedicated.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dedicated servers do not get rid of lag comp. The only upside is choosing a server with a low ping that doesn't migrate - that's when you have the option to choose. Otherwise lag comp will still give players with a higher ping the upper hand and punish players with a low ping. Nothing changes unless lag comp is calculated differently with dedicated.

Also no host advantage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Can you do the camo unlocks in any order or do you have to do them in a row?

Can I just strip down to nothing perk/attachment wise and get those out of the way first?

Makoto

I'm actually starting to believe that lag comp doesn't function the same way on dedicated servers like what's being reported on consoles. Just based on my anecdotal evidence, whenever I find myself with a 2-bar connection (which I presume means I'm not in a North American server), the delay between firing at your opponents and the server actually responding back to you that your shots were successful is really long. In that sense, while I had a 2-bar connection, the 4-bar people were getting the drop on me the majority of the time.

I have to believe that the dedicated servers are behaving like they should, 4-bar players are ultimately going to have the advantage.

impact

Banned
Is there any talks of a patch fixing the lag? If not, I need to get rid of this piece of shit. Worst netcode I've ever seen in a game. Worse than King of Fighters!

Magik

I'm amazed as to how fast my friends have dropped this game in such a short time. Even during the MW3 days I still had a solid amount of people playing at one point but now, i'm barely lucky to find 3 or 4 people playing at all.

Jack_AG

Banned
I did kind of imply that they needed to change ideas. The lag in this game is unacceptable.
Its not the first COD to leave a bad taste. "Do or die" moment has already come and gone. Too late for the series, IMO. Just looking at how dramatically players have dropped off in the first few weeks - i'd say that there's no need to waste power keeping it on life support if I were Activision.

Kill it off and be done with it.

I might go trade it off this afternoon if I get bored sitting around.

Yes, but it does make his emblem back to the first ones, the ones you get as you level up before you prestige.

Is that part of it too?

Yeah, as far as I understand the game will be as if he is new to it totally. The only thing he will have is a unique playercard to indicate that he reset his stats. You will need to tell him to check his playercards to be sure as everything else will have gone.

One thing I dont know about the stats reset thing is... does it use up a unlock token permanently? Does it leave stats like total gametime?

So what are the most "offensive" emblems you guys have seen so far?

I just saw a guy who had one with a chick being ermmm, destroyed by dicks. 4 of them, two black ones a white guy one and a tiny yellow one. I don't even know man, why?

Jrmint

The small maps have destroyed the franchise. They look at the stats from previous games and see everyone voting in nuke town and loaded the last 2 games to the brim with these types of maps.

I'm the kinda guy that likes his cake sweet, but it doesn't mean I like eating a cup of sugar.

Revenge spawns, no good. Constant flanking, no good. Time to engagement less than 10 seconds, no good.

Can't wait for next gen to enable more devs to reach low latency 60fps gameplay. COD has not evolved in the right direction.
Sorry you can't hide in warehouses with claymores and snipe or use an assault rifle for the entire match. I don't see how that's a bad thing. Maybe you need to evolve with the game.

So what are the most "offensive" emblems you guys have seen so far?

I just saw a guy who had one with a chick being ermmm, destroyed by dicks. 4 of them, two black ones a white guy one and a tiny yellow one. I don't even know man, why?
Nazi symbol made of dicks with a black guy being hung and the jewish star on fire... people are fucked up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How are the connection on pc? I gave up on ps3 last week but since i got myself a new pc i've been wondering.

Are there dedicated servers? Is the lag compensation as bad as on consoles?

PC is usually pretty darn smooth, but you'll still find laggy matches. I'd say 1 in 4 for Ground War, maybe 1 in 5 for everything else. Really small games like Free for All and the Party list are always smooth.

Its not the first COD to leave a bad taste. "Do or die" moment has already come and gone. Too late for the series, IMO. Just looking at how dramatically players have dropped off in the first few weeks - i'd say that there's no need to waste power keeping it on life support if I were Activision.

Even on PS3, tens of thousands of people will be playing Black Ops 2 for the next two years lol. It's not a waste for Activision since the map packs will bring in mucho revenue, much of which will likely be profit by that point in time.

Can you do the camo unlocks in any order or do you have to do them in a row?

Can I just strip down to nothing perk/attachment wise and get those out of the way first?

I'm only really familiar with the SMG class, but I know the ARs and LMGs are similar. You are required to get 100 headshots with the weapon first. That unlocks about half the camos. The second half you can do in any order you want. Completing the second half will unlock Gold. And yes, you can strip down to no attachments OR perks and do both at the same time.

kyo27

Umm....this series is far from being on life support. It has over 500k players on in multiplayer and over 100k in zombies every night. Just because you aren't enjoying it, doesn't mean other people aren't.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No. COD is dead already. Next-gen won't change bad ideas - it will just migrate them to a different platform.

lol, keep telling yourself that. Just because you want it to fail doesn't mean it's dead. There's 500k people on XBL playing it right now.

I'm only really familiar with the SMG class, but I know the ARs and LMGs are similar. You are required to get 100 headshots with the weapon first. That unlocks about half the camos. The second half you can do in any order you want. Completing the second half will unlock Gold. And yes, you can strip down to no attachments OR perks and do both at the same time.

THanks!

Nazi symbol made of dicks with a black guy being hung and the jewish star on fire... people are fucked up.
I really hope they pay attention to the reported players with shit like that. I saw an elaborate nazi logo with white power. Fucking sickening. So many douce bag emblems. But it's call of duty so I guess it's not surprising.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I play with few other gaffers, we just added ourselves manually. Haven't registered in any clans.

Not really sure how to do that either.

There's a clan, but I don't know who's running it anymore. There used to be a community thread, but I can't find it. The clan is still there, because I'm in it and we still have all our unlocks, but I don't usually see anyone in the clan on.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/166049

There's a clan, but I don't know who's running it anymore. There used to be a community thread, but I can't find it. The clan is still there, because I'm in it and we still have all our unlocks, but I don't usually see anyone in the clan on.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/166049

I'm on daily :D
But theres 100ppl in the clan nd i never see more than 3 on at once.

The leader is whitesoxfan1991, but he is somewhat inactive.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm on daily :D
But theres 100ppl in the clan nd i never see more than 3 on at once.

The leader is whitesoxfan1991, but he is somewhat inactive.

Yeah I usually don't play a whole lot during the week, but I'm always on during the weekend. 360 dudes feel free to add me. I really only play TDM though.

GT: purg3

Also, finally prestiged last night. I think this is only the 2nd COD game where I willingly chose to prestige. I usually get to max rank and just stay there...The unlock token and the fact that you rank up so quick in this one made it easier.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
He is, but u can usually enlist 2-3 weeks in advance...He missed over 50 competitions in MW3.

Ah, ok. They need to allow more people to do that so he doesn't have to worry about it.

Yeah I usually don't play a whole lot during the week, but I'm always on during the weekend. 360 dudes feel free to add me. I really only play TDM though.

GT: purg3

Also, finally prestiged last night. I think this is only the 2nd COD game where I willingly chose to prestige. I usually get to max rank and just stay there...The unlock token and the fact that you rank up so quick in this one made it easier.

Plus the starting weapons are great. I love the MTAR.

Top Bottom