• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

purg3

slept with Malkin
Plus the starting weapons are great. I love the MTAR.

Yeah, it's not bad as a starting weapon but I used my unlock on the FAL. I just can't use anything else. Thank god the weapon attachments stay unlocked too, that was a smart choice having weapons prestige separately.

Wow. Just had 4 games of terrible lag comp. 8 hitmarkers into a guy, and he kills me in one bullet. Then on the killcam it looks like I'm literally just standing in front of him admiring his wardrobe. Ugh.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Some people are really really good on PC (and I'm sure on consoles as well). One guy got the Warthog 4 or 5 times in a single Headquarters game :0

RS4-

Pretty weak that my stats for the TDM clan op last night only listed 47. I had like 40 in one game alone :( every little bit counts for the clan XP!

Didn't get to do today's competition, power outage in the whole area for hours lol.

Just played a game of demo on express and got 3 separate bloodthirsty medals against on enemy only. He was 25-50 at the end of the game and the 2nd place for most deaths was only 27. I almost got a vsat off him alone cause i killed him 9 times in a row once without seein anybody else. I ended up going 40-11 in the game with 4 deaths to the enemy and i killed him over 20 times for sure. This is why MW3 spawns are far superior. Bullshit like this shouldn't happen. You'd never spawn on a guardian or even a betty in MW3!

Also, at the end he sent me a msg saying "I railed your mom" so i clearly pissed him off lol.

Lol nope. Guns only. What's bullshit is the Chain Killer one where you need 9 kills streak( where you get every kill two seconds apart) for Master Killer.

You can get that on nuketown or hijacked demolition as an easy way to get it cause it's not like getting a 9 multikill, but cause you have the 2 seconds or so in between, if u just get a 9 killstreak in the other teams base, you'll have the medal for sure. I've gotten some high medals just by spawnkilling people on small maps like nuketown and hijacked. It'd be like impossible to get 9 kills in the old games timers for multikills. You'd have to reload and there aren't even 9 enemies to kill in most gametypes.

Radec

man, shooting down uavs are.not.that rewarding. I miss mw3`s pointstreak.

there's just almost no drawback when you call in a uav here. unlike in mw3 a gunned down uav is like a kill.

Card Boy

Banned
The SMR with Select fire and grip is even better than the FAL with select fire. The good thing about League Play is you get every Weapon and Unlock right off the bat so you can test these things.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man, this game is so good. Completely lost track of time today playing this. Played all damned day. Even did some league play. This is a fantastic COD.

Edit: is there a way to see the clan challenges in game? It's a bit of a pain in the ass to have to check elite before playing.

The SMR with Select fire and grip is even better than the FAL with select fire. The good thing about League Play is you get every Weapon and Unlock right off the bat so you can test these things.

Eh... less damage, fire rate and ammo, and similar recoil. I don't like it.

Victrix

*beard*
The SMR has something like double the 2sk range of the FAL

It's worse in every other aspect, but super long range 2sks is very, very strong if you use it right.

Holy shit, finally got to use the Warthog....DAMN

First the sentry gun kill spammed my screen, then I called for the warthog and it hit like 5 kills each pass, while the sentry gun was still mowing people down........so good

We were down 15 in confirmed kill and came back to take the lead in under a minute lol

Sushen

Will play tonight. Need to mark a few laggy games down.
Today, I pumped 3 shotgun shots to a guy's back head from 10 feet away only to have him turn around hip spaying his smg to kill me. 5 shotgun headshots wasn't enough. Ironically, the game was telling me that I had 4 bar connection. The half of today's games were like that. I'm taking a long break until triarch actually fixes the game. Too much BS'ing for me to bear.

I really REALLY wanted the riot shield to be viable in this game (at least as much so as it was in MW2) but its horrifically bad.
1. Ive been stabbed and shot through it, a million times. Even the replays show the knives/bullets penetrating the shield :(
2. It takes FOREVER to throw out a flashbang or concussion grenade and to get the shield back up.
3. You cant see shit when the screen gets bullet marks on it.
4. It has, pretty much, zero melee range.

Tendo

Snagged this on Wii U and playing local co op online between the pro controller and gamepad is AWESOME. Had a blast playing it today. Any word that DLC will be hitting the Wii U as well? Specifically Zombies - Zombies feels very small right now, but we do keep dying ha.

Anywho if you are on Wii u Add me if you want to play. I'm Tendo85

I really REALLY wanted the riot shield to be viable in this game (at least as much so as it was in MW2) but its horrifically bad.
1. Ive been stabbed and shot through it, a million times. Even the replays show the knives/bullets penetrating the shield :(
2. It takes FOREVER to throw out a flashbang or concussion grenade and to get the shield back up.
3. You cant see shit when the screen gets bullet marks on it.
4. It has, pretty much, zero melee range.

2. What about with fast hands?

I agree with the rest though you can put it down and pick it back up and the bullet marks go away.

Hilti92

you guys are crazy. this cod is best cod. it's fun and i'm actually pretty good at it. i've been playing all weekend split screen online with my girlfriend and even she is having a blast playing it. literally we've played 7 hours together in the past 2 nights. enjoying my k/d at 1.35 which is a big improvement over the .80 k/d i've always had in the older call of duty games. the maps are great however, there are a lot of campers.

LowParry

If you have the sound system, calling in that Warthog and hear it fly by and firing on people. Gives me chills every time because it's just that damn cool to hear.

Acinixys

If you have the sound system, calling in that Warthog and hear it fly by and firing on people. Gives me chills every time because it's just that damn cool to hear.

It hurts my ears because i dont have a sound card installed, so it BLASTS sound into only one of my ears every pass. The joys and pains of having expensive stereo headphones

2. What about with fast hands?

I agree with the rest though you can put it down and pick it back up and the bullet marks go away.

Fast Hands has given me some pistol kills, but it doesnt really make the class good or anything.
Putting the shield down and picking it up, doesnt make the bullet marks go away. They seem to disappear by themselves over time.
The most success Ive had with the riot shield involves hiding behind it and shooting opponents from there. Ideally, I wanted to be more mobile and to land some shield beat-downs.

Sushen

you guys are crazy. this cod is best cod. it's fun and i'm actually pretty good at it. i've been playing all weekend split screen online with my girlfriend and even she is having a blast playing it. literally we've played 7 hours together in the past 2 nights. enjoying my k/d at 1.35 which is a big improvement over the .80 k/d i've always had in the older call of duty games. the maps are great however, there are a lot of campers.
It's a great COD if you have bad connections. It's been consistent experience so far that the team with 3 bar connections beating the crap out of the team with 4 bars. I guess triarch decided to punish people with good connection thinking there are more bad connections out there.

LowParry

It's a great COD if you have bad connections. It's been consistent experience so far that the team with 3 bar connections beating the crap out of the team with 4 bars. I guess triarch decided to punish people with good connection thinking there are more bad connections out there.

It's completely opposite for me. 3 bars I lose easy gun fights.

Boost

Banned
Stopped reading.

yeah he sucks dix n cox

Fuck you. :lol

I said back in mw3 and I'll say it again here...

IF YOU SEND A JOIN REQUEST, PM ME HERE OR MESSAGE ME ON LIVE. (Jacob is Angry)

I cannot keep up with this thread at the moment.

Also, M8 + Foregrip + Silencer + Select Fire is better than the FAL select fire.

Realyn

Lol nope. Guns only. What's bullshit is the Chain Killer one where you need 9 kills streak( where you get every kill two seconds apart) for Master Killer.

Well that's stupid ... tried to get some achievements to kept me playing.

Also don't have Nuketown :(

Originally Posted by Radec: View Post
how do you destroy a guardian or a sentry gun?
those 2 are ridiculously overpowered once placed in a choke point.

Explosives (EMP grenades shut them down for a short while), shoot them with FMV, use a launcher or crossbow, hack them with a black hat.

The EMP grenades completely destroy them in Hardcore. They only stun the AGR.

Also, M8 + Foregrip + Silencer + Select Fire is better than the FAL select fire.
I unlocked that this weekend and I have to disagree 100%. The M8's mag size is too small imo when select fire is on it blows through the mag so fast, its almost a guarantee reload after every kill (usually is for every gun though for me since its a bad habit). The only thing I like about the M8 after grinding it to get the select fire is the extremely low recoil. FAL all the way. However, now I'm in the process of using the SMR more and working on select fire but with only 20 bullets, even slow fire that will run out pretty quick. I do like it better than the FAL as a single shot weapon though.

Effect

Does anyone have any advice, etc on enjoying Zombies more? Solo? How the game in general should be approached to get the most out of it? Which map might be better to start on?

harrytang

Stopped reading.

great discussion.

i agree with mibupe that in many aspects this is a great game. i couldnt stop playing last night. semi auto shotty on HC TDM and was having a blast. it was one of the super rare times i didnt have lag issues.

decided it's virtually impossible to play on sat nights. every asshole is online and the lag problems are at their worst.

despite the problems i do find myself enjoying the game much more than i ever did on MW3. that game was unfun from the beginning. the maps were so mind bogglingly terrible and bland.

if and when they decide to address the connections issues, add a few more mid-large size level maps, i think this could be a great game.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member

Well I am not surprised. This COD evens out the playing field so of course your under 1 K/D went up and you are enjoying the game. If I was doing better in this COD than previous ones, I would like it too. The problem is the deck is stacked against a better player when you add the pick 10 system and the lag comp. My Pick 10 choice cannot combat 6 enemies pick 10s when their are 20+ primary guns,20+ secondaries, 15+ attachments, 20 perks, 20 scorestreaks, 6+ lethal grenades, 8+ tact grenades to try and defend against.

Victrix

*beard*
Earned my Diamond Assault Rifles:

BmFipl.jpg

I'll post some stats + thoughts in a bit, need a break for now :p

Top Bottom