• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Halcyon

Does anyone have any advice, etc on enjoying Zombies more? Solo? How the game in general should be approached to get the most out of it? Which map might be better to start on?

I have yet to figure this out. I have played transit probably ten times and get to round 10-15. The problem is that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be trying to find and why. We go to the new stations and I look around and maybe find a gun but foe the most part I'm clueless.

I do however enjoy it and really like the music and atmosphere.

I added a few people to the clan who PM'd me here.

I get a ton of random join requests on elite. if you do not PM me here, I cannot tell the difference.

Last bold sentence, promise. :p

On top of everything else, I can't even load films into theater mode now.
Just keeps "loading" :(

This COD evens out the playing field so of course your under 1 K/D went up and you are enjoying the game.
The problem is the deck is stacked against a better player when you add the lag comp, revenge spawns, and even stronger aim assists.

QFT and added.
Last night, some of my crew that usually are not "star" players, had some games where they just stomped everyone.
Watching the final killcam, even they admitted their victories were kinda BS. Shooting 4ft off the side of an enemy, and still getting a kill.

This game is the direct opposite of CounterStrike.
You can actually see the aim "snap" lock-on targeting, the aim magnetism is so high.

Jack_AG

Banned
I have yet to figure this out. I have played transit probably ten times and get to round 10-15. The problem is that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be trying to find and why. We go to the new stations and I look around and maybe find a gun but foe the most part I'm clueless.

I do however enjoy it and really like the music and atmosphere.
Tranzit: electro boss, jet gun (buildable), walk (don't take the bus) and find easter eggs between towns, pack-a-punch... basically hunt for achievements. I still need Don't fire before you see and Tower of Babble trophies. Will do fire tonight but you will need 4 people for Babble.

GenericUser

I became an expert at maintaining my zero kill death ratio over more then 10 games now. This game is brutal! But I sometimes cant keep myself from laughing when I see from which ridiculous angles and hiding spots I get shot. Good stuff!

edit: the constant cursing is also priceless! I am in tears now!

ecurbj

I'm about to give this game another chance. I gave up a week ago because of the lag compensation. But then I played with this one pistol and worked out thanks to one of the GAF members for recommending me it. I can't remember it from the top of my head.

I want to like the game and not complain. Here we go and I will report back. I've been itching to play it today too lol

Zero Hero

This weekend was really bad:

Friday night - 3 straight disconnects mid way through a match. I gave up after the 3rd.

Sunday - Back to back matches of getting kicked off XBL after the start of a match. Trying a 3rd time and got a hard lock of the 360. Gave up. Tried again in the late evening and all 5 matches were smooth.

NAT: Open

It's like this game is begging me to put more time in XCOM.

params7

Banned
I would officially rate this game the best CoD-MP to date if only it had more bigger maps.

Right now its a clusterfucks of SMG's everywhere. Fuck this.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This game is so good, even with the shotgun/sniper spam and lag this game is still mostly enjoyable.

CHEEZMO™;45026896 said:
Temporarily, I hope?

Yeah, but no ETA on when it will be back up. I asked Dan Amrich last night.

Jack_AG

Banned
So i'm looking for about 7.5 minutes now and can't find a game under "Best" search settings fml. Just "Normal" or "Any" ha!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So i'm looking for about 7.5 minutes now and can't find a game under "Best" search settings fml. Just "Normal" or "Any" ha!

Where are you from? You're having way more issues than I am.

Also, PS3?

I'm on Xbox and haven't run into MAJOR issues, but when I do get lag, it's very noticeable, but I just back out and get a new lobby.

I definitely haven't had to wait that long to get a room.

Fezan

Why do game developers dont do some research.right now playing level in Pakistan and there is Arabic written on walls.The Lang used in Pakistan is Urdu not Arabic and the place looks nothing like Peshawar :(

GenericUser

Why do game developers dont do some research.right now playing level in pakistan and there is Arabic written on walls.The Lang us in Pakistan is Urdu not Arabic and the place looks nothing like Peshawar :(

go shoot some dudes instead of looking at the walls! :p

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Why do game developers dont do some research.right now playing level in pakistan and there is Arabic written on walls.The Lang us in Pakistan is Urdu not Arabic and the place looks nothing like Peshawar :(

Muslims and brown people are all that matters, duh.

Sethos

Banned
Why do game developers dont do some research.right now playing level in Pakistan and there is Arabic written on walls.The Lang used in Pakistan is Urdu not Arabic and the place looks nothing like Peshawar :(

And this was the day, no one gave a toss.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
6 perks + knife + Sentry/AGR/Stealth Chopper on Hijacked is the only way to play. Just went 32/10 in TDM

AGRs and Stealth Choppers are soooo easy to destroy though. IIRC the AGR has a ridiculously low amount of health, like 2 EMP grenades and bam it's destroyed. I think you just played a game where nobody on the other side knew what they were doing...

AGRs and Stealth Choppers are soooo easy to destroy though. IIRC the AGR has a ridiculously low amount of health, like 2 EMP grenades and bam it's destroyed. I think you just played a game where nobody on the other side knew what they were doing...

AGRs usually last for quite a while for me. I don't think many people use EMP grenades.

Acinixys

I have never seen someone use a EMP grenade. They just try shoot it, and get destroyed

Ryck

I know mileage varies with the static ip thing but I tried it finally today and it is night and day. Been consistently getting positive k/d ratios since.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm so FUCKING mad. I'm up to what I believe is the last strike force mission. I'm meant to hold X to plant a network intruder but nothing happens. No flashing thing on the ground or anything. Just the game watching me waste the last two minutes of the mission and a strike force respawn.

Halcyon

I just played a dom game on drone and I did something really badass.

The other team had like 5 snipers camped up on the wooded ridge. It was bothering me so I decided to jump on my ghost smg class and try and get back there and mess them up.

First time I got back there and killed two before they got me. I tried to get back twice and they were prepared on the left and right routes.

So the fourth time I went right and got past a sniper in the window of the right side field area. They had uav up so I knew they weren't expecting my ghost.

I got up to the pathway and killed two of them. Moved up on the ridge and killed another then two more down below on the flag. I then killed someone coming up the path and that got my lightning strike.

They had all respawned and were coming up the path to the ridge. I quickly pulled up LS and put three marks all over the ridge and flag. I sprinted off and they all died and that was the win for the game. Felt great because I hate snipers.

Ryck

I just played a dom game on drone and I did something really badass.

The other team had like 5 snipers camped up on the wooded ridge. It was bothering me so I decided to jump on my ghost smg class and try and get back there and mess them up.

First time I got back there and killed two before they got me. I tried to get back twice and they were prepared on the left and right routes.

So the fourth time I went right and got past a sniper in the window of the right side field area. They had uav up so I knew they weren't expecting my ghost.

I got up to the pathway and killed two of them. Moved up on the ridge and killed another then two more down below on the flag. I then killed someone coming up the path and that got my lightning strike.

They had all respawned and were coming up the path to the ridge. I quickly pulled up LS and put three marks all over the ridge and flag. I sprinted off and they all died and that was the win for the game. Felt great because I hate snipers.

Funny, I just finished a game of Kill Confirm on Drone and had same thing happen. The whole first half of the game there were snipers on that ridge. Equipped my PDW, Ghost, Tac Insert class and started feasting on those snipers. Just recently did the Static Ip thing on my Ps3 so I am actually enjoying the game finally. The great thing is the snipers were all friends and every time I killed one I could hear him alerting the other snipers. I had my way with them before they eventually rage quit and sent me a childish message. Prior to today I was struggling to keep my kills and deaths at close to even so yeah I am pretty thrilled right now.

IMG_5472-1.jpg

geekamania

Neo Member
Anyone else getting this message under today's clan challenge?

Because your clan did not have a premium member at the time of enlistment, your clan will not earn XP or a badge in this challenge.

I'm assuming it's just an error since I got an email saying my premium status had been extended until next March.

Top Bottom