• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

maomaoIYP

AGRs and Stealth Choppers are soooo easy to destroy though. IIRC the AGR has a ridiculously low amount of health, like 2 EMP grenades and bam it's destroyed. I think you just played a game where nobody on the other side knew what they were doing...

AGR gets destroyed with a single C4. Also I think a lot of people don't know they can lock on their SMAW and stingers on guardians and sentries.

Ryck

How long does it typically take to load a film in theater? It has just been hanging on the loading screen for over 10 minutes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone with the Wii U version want to play? I just got my copy and am installing the update now.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Triple Kill with an RPG on hijacked Dom b flag :D

Congrats, that's pretty much the reason I don't have a Diamond Stinger. Have all the other camos for the other stuffs.

I'm loving Care Package -> Lightning Strike -> VSAT.

Might switch to Care Package -> VSAT -> Warthog just because I love Warthog.

AlexBasch

Just finished the campaign, was fun.

But I found the
Avenged Sevenfold easteregg hilarious, not only because the game doesn't give a shit about seriousness and was random fun, but because I actually think some gamers might have gotten insanely angry at "how fucking dudebro is this fucking shit oh my god".

Effect

I hate saying it but I think I'm done with the Wii remote for now. Spent the evening just using the gamepad and the result was just more enjoayble then normal. Just more responsive. Aiming is more stable as well. I can actually use assault rifles. I still like the Wii remote but either something is really off with it in BO2 or I'm just really rusty and don't have the patience to really get back into it at the moment after really getting used to mouse and keyboard and even the PS3 controller when I played MW3. Perhaps both. Some nights I'm just fine with it but it doesn't respond as well as I'd like even tweaking and just settling on presets and slightly altering them (which seem to work better for me). Perhaps cursor sensitivity really is that big of a deal. When that gets patched in I'll mess around with it some more but until then I'm not going to deal with the frustration. At least when it comes to the online. I have no issues with the Wii remote during the campaign though which is what confuses me.

Boost

Banned
acfVehZx.png

Sethos

Banned
Imagine the crazy scenario where they base bullet penetration on the caliber of the weapon instead of this weird bullshit they have going. Like 7.62 weapons could go through some significant concrete yet at the cost of weapon accuracy etc.

As lovely as that is, are they going to fix the BULLSHIT hipfire accuracy when a laser is equipped? How about the retarded range SMGs have. SMGs are broken all round, one fix isnt enough

Played earlier with a buddy. We kept commenting how every Final Kill Cam had someone hipfiring. SMGs were the worst obviously, but we even ended with a couple hipfire LMGs.

Acinixys

Imagine the crazy scenario where they base bullet penetration on the caliber of the weapon instead of this weird bullshit they have going. Like 7.62 weapons could go through some significant concrete yet at the cost of weapon accuracy etc.

Yeah. At the moment the FAL cant penetrate the same walls that SMGs can. How does that work

It's not that SMG's are overpowered; on paper they look pretty well balanced when put up against the other weapon classes, it's just that the maps cater too much to close range combat. Even if you nerf SMG's to hell all you'll end up with is people hipfiring AR's at close range.

Isn't the laser sight pretty much the same as Steady Aim?
Yes it is. Honestly hipfiring doesn't seem anymore accurate than in previous game, well to me at least, but I can understand how all of this close range combat can mess with your perception of hipfiring though.

Sojgat

I really haven't used the SMGs much, just because everybody else does. SMR with a drop shot reticle ACOG seems to be the answer to all their bullshit.

I got my triple kill with RPG on Nuketown Hardpoint last night.

I know someone has mentioned this before but you don't have to get all the kills with the RPG to count, just the last one that counts for the streak, either double or triple. I got two quick kills in a row with my SMR then switched to RPG for one final one (no Fast Hands) and got the Triple and the Skull Camo.

Then only had to kill an aircraft for my last camo before Gold, and was getting tired of waiting for the other team to call in something I could reasonably shoot down with the RPG, so I started taking random long range shots at UAVs and CUAVs... and managed to actually hit a UAV! You can kind of guess how it will travel after making a few attempts, but then you also have to be lucky with the random spiral of the damn thing. Now I just need to get some more user-controlled aircraft for the AA launcher and I'll have my diamonds.

gibbers82

Neo Member
Is anyone having problems with challenges not working, I'm trying to do 2 boot camp ones

Guerilla Warfare

Get 5 kills with a stolen enemy weapon.

and

Danger Close

Equip the Danger Close wildcard and 2 lethals and get 5 kills with the lethals in a match.

Neither very hard but i have stolen about 50 guns and killed people with them but only 1 kill is showing up, and with the danger close one i equipped it then must have got about 10 betty kills in a match of ffa and it shows up as zero kills?

Have i missed something?

eek5

As lovely as that is, are they going to fix the BULLSHIT hipfire accuracy when a laser is equipped? How about the retarded range SMGs have. SMGs are broken all round, one fix isnt enough
It has always been like this w/ steady aim. Blame pick 10 moving it to an attachment. Hipfire has always been insanely accurate. I used to run mp5k w/ steadyaim in bo1 because it had a ton of recoil but none while hipfired lol

ptuck874

that stupid lazer is stupid. anybody who has ever played a call of duty game should know by now the area to hip-fire shoot and kill, play hardcore and you will never see that lazer equipped

ptuck874

Is anyone having problems with challenges not working, I'm trying to do 2 boot camp ones

Guerilla Warfare

Get 5 kills with a stolen enemy weapon.

and

Danger Close

Equip the Danger Close wildcard and 2 lethals and get 5 kills with the lethals in a match.

Neither very hard but i have stolen about 50 guns and killed people with them but only 1 kill is showing up, and with the danger close one i equipped it then must have got about 10 betty kills in a match of ffa and it shows up as zero kills?

Have i missed something?

i dont know how i got the danger close , but i equipped 2 bouncing bettys and 2 emp trying to get the ak gold, and got that danger close wildcard messing around with multi team mode

Pitmonkey

It's not the range, it's the map design being catered to SMG use.

At the moment I am loving the KSG, but with these connection issues, it's inconsistent as fuck. BTW, one EMP naid takes out an ARG, Sentry, Guardian...hell I've even taken out hunter killer drones with them as well. Anyone that wants to increase their SPM, just spam them EPM nades in domination, it's hysterical.

Sub_Level

They had better dare not touch my MSMC. Buff your other weapons if you must, but this is the best SMGs have ever been.

Ryck

You don't even really need that laser, switched my laser out for a grip on my Pdw and I hardly noticed the difference while hip firing. Basically hip firing is the new knifing...i.e. overpowered and overused.

Does anyone else feel that using the automatic select fire on the FAL decreases the damage done by each bullet? I feel people go down much much quicker when I just go semi. Maybe I'm just pulling the trigger faster than the fire rate of the auto?

Tarps

Semi-auto is the way to go with the FAL. It's Ssoooooo satisfying landing that kill with perfect shot placement.

Even better when you score the final killcam and the whole lobby knows you're a boss.

Nori Chan

Funny story on how I got my gold camo and art of war camo.

I was playing with my buddy and we weren't having the best of luck in randoms and matches, and I ended up saying "lol how about ground war" and he's like lol yeah. So we get Yemen and the game ended up being close for a while until we get emp'd right? Well I'm like oh damn, and I ended up dying from some guy. Then I look up in the sky and see a Vtol and seeing as how we're emp'd, I didn't know if it was ours or not. So I was like #YOLO and I randomly shot it with my RPG and it got destroyed and I was so fucking happy.

thank you fucktards of ground war for giving the bro his vtol and my gold rpg

Sub_Level

Funny story on how I got my gold camo and art of war camo.

I was playing with my buddy and we weren't having the best of luck in randoms and matches, and I ended up saying "lol how about ground war" and he's like lol yeah. So we get Yemen and the game ended up being close for a while until we get emp'd right? Well I'm like oh damn, and I ended up dying from some guy. Then I look up in the sky and see a Vtol and seeing as how we're emp'd, I didn't know if it was ours or not. So I was like #YOLO and I randomly shot it with my RPG and it got destroyed and I was so fucking happy.

thank you fucktards of ground war for giving the bro his vtol and my gold rpg

Awesome, but just an FYI: the RPG is actually the best way to destroy Stealth Choppers. They do not not shoot out flares for them and the RPG itself is fairly accurate in this game, unless you're trying to shoot something tiny like UAVs.

If you haven't done the Stinger and SMAW Golds, good fucking luck. Stinger is fairly easy, but the SMAW...god I hate that weapon.

The AGR needs much more defense. In fact all the offense killstreaks need more defense. Why spend the time getting an AGR when a lighting strike will get you the same amount of kills. The warthog seems to be the only streak that doesn't get shot down. But an AGR is taken down with one single C4, or anybody carrying around an EMP.

ecurbj

Man. After a week off this game and I came back to it today (my day off from work). I came back doing +2.0 K/D ratio games. Not bad. I didn't encounter any lag compensation either. Granted everyone in the U.S. is at work and will be home around 4pm. That's when things start getting crazy.

But I did good nonetheless. I'm riding with the Type 25 and a secondary primary weapon, MP7. Great combo!

I wanted to make a new emblem but didn't know what to make.

I was browsing COD Elite and came across one of the icons they use for some of their clan challenges. Left picture is Elite..right picture is what I came up with:

I have 12 unused layers left so I'll continue to work on it/add more things. Need to search for more ideas...

I know someone has mentioned this before but you don't have to get all the kills with the RPG to count, just the last one that counts for the streak, either double or triple. I got two quick kills in a row with my SMR then switched to RPG for one final one (no Fast Hands) and got the Triple and the Skull Camo.

I believe that was me who mentioned that and I'm glad someone else was able to confirm it. Should make everyone's life easier when going for that double/triple kill with a launcher!

Since resetting my stats this past weekend, I've been using ONLY an LMG. Having a great time. Will attempt to get diamond camo on them. Currently using the MK 48 with FMJ, fore grip and rapid fire. Have about 50 headshots at the moment.

I'm in love with EMP grenades btw, lol.

aku:jiki

The AGR needs much more defense. In fact all the offense killstreaks need more defense. Why spend the time getting an AGR when a lighting strike will get you the same amount of kills. The warthog seems to be the only streak that doesn't get shot down. But an AGR is taken down with one single C4, or anybody carrying around an EMP.
MW3 had the same problem. Spend the entire match trying your hardest to get that 17 kill Osprey Gunner - get shot down in 2 seconds LOL

It really kills a lot of the fun of this franchise for me.

I wanted to make a new emblem but didn't know what to make.

I was browsing COD Elite and came across one of the icons they use for some of their clan challenges. Left picture is Elite..right picture is what I came up with:
That's actually a stripped-down version of one of the in-game emblems from MW3, if you want to add more details:

Unreleased_emblem_17.png

Sub_Level

MW3 had the same problem. Spend the entire match trying your hardest to get that 17 kill Osprey Gunner - get shot down in 2 seconds LOL

It really kills a lot of the fun of this franchise for me.

That's why you gotta go for stuff that only the EMP can destroy, like VSAT, Warthog (can probably be destroyed by launcher but tough), Dogs, and Swarm!

That's why you gotta go for stuff that only the EMP can destroy, like VSAT, Warthog (can probably be destroyed by launcher but tough), Dogs, and Swarm!
That leaves 6 other killstreaks that are pointless to use. But if enough voices are heard maybe,however doubtful, we will see a buff in the future.

I'd love to see a Drop Zone type game type in this game. It was crazy fun and the only reason I kept playing MW3.

ohlawd

That leaves 6 other killstreaks that are pointless to use. But if enough voices are heard maybe,however doubtful, we will see a buff in the future.

I'd love to see a Drop Zone type game type in this game. It was crazy fun and the only reason I kept playing MW3.

Ohgod this.

Death mic, Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed were the best and only good things about MW3. Come on Treyarch, you have 2/3. Let's go for 3/3 ;)

Top Bottom