• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Fantasmo

Traded it in, got MW2 used.
I won't trash the thread, but I got 16-3 in S&D like old times. Ill probably pop back in from time to time to ask you guys if they fix anything. I wanted to like it but the lag comp kills the new ones for me. I wish the new games used this exact netcode <sigh>.

redhot_

Traded it in, got MW2 used.
I won't trash the thread, but I got 16-3 in S&D like old times. Ill probably pop back in from time to time to ask you guys if they fix anything. I wanted to like it but the lag comp kills the new ones for me. I wish the new games used this exact netcode <sigh>.

But what about all the horrible players, they need to do good too.
*sarcasm*

impact

Banned
7qOS6.jpg

haha, I love it. Dude insults my stats after I wreck his asshole the entire match. Stay free!

Card Boy

Banned
1.5 kdr doesnt mean much. I got 1.6 KDR but most of the time i fuck up my ratio with stupid builds like a 6 perk ballistic knife only build or Akimbo Pistol builds.

Jesus Christ, I STILL can't get into a single match of MP on the PS3! It's still searching and analyzing potential matches even though hundreds of thousands play this every day and the fact that I have an Open NAT.

Fuck is going on?

Ryck

Jesus Christ, I STILL can't get into a single match of MP on the PS3! It's still searching and analyzing potential matches even though hundreds of thousands play this every day and the fact that I have an Open NAT.

Fuck is going on?
It helped me when I switched my NAT to Moderate. ( static ip trick)

haha, I love it. Dude insults my stats after I wreck his asshole the entire match. Stay free!
I got a similar hate mail from a guy and I replied with " don't blame me, blame the lag compensation" or something like that. Later that day he sends me a friend request lol....

Jack_AG

Banned

So lag comp bites some kid in the ass and the devs blame SMG because the kid suggested it.

Awesome, Treyarch!

I can't COUNT how many fucking times I've been shot through walls of ALL types of materials by ANY gun thanks to lag comp. But no - it isn't lag comp - it's the gun!

FML

So lag comp bites some kid in the ass and the devs blame SMG because the kid suggested it.

Awesome, Treyarch!

I can't COUNT how many fucking times I've been shot through walls of ALL types of materials by ANY gun thanks to lag comp. But no - it isn't lag comp - it's the gun!

FML

SMGs do have high penetration, I'm glad that's being taken care of.

I wish they had more game modes on Hardcore,, since ive been playing HC it seems

unplayable when i try and play reg domination or anything not hc.

Xamdou

Hit detection in this game is terrible just like the original Blackops, spawn kills as well. Easily the worst COD ever created. The only thing I liked about the game is the making of custom emblems.

CyReN

Can anybody find that commercial for Black Ops 2 with the midnight launch and showing everyone getting excited for the game.

DTKT

Changing the penetrations value for a SMG is probably just changing an integer value for an object property somewhere. Pretty easy to do.

On the other hand, redoing MP code means more tests, more uncertainty and the very distinct possibility of messing everything up.

I don't think they want to touch that part of the code. It's a yearly franchise anyway, they'll just try next year.

Fantasmo

Okay so my usual matches in BO2 are like break even, 5-12, or 8-20 or worse.

Just to show I'm not full of shit, imagining things, and for comparison's sake, here's how I play in MW2.

Playing alone
No sniping
No noobtubes
No Danger Close
No One Man Army

Pictures taken in the past hour:

Wish the newer games didn't give me lag compensation :-/

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Okay so my usual matches in BO2 are like break even, 5-12, or 8-20 or worse.

Just to show I'm not full of shit, imagining things, and for comparison's sake, here's how I play in MW2.

Playing alone
No sniping
No noobtubes
No Danger Close
No One Man Army

Pictures taken in the past hour:

Wish the newer games didn't give me lag compensation :-/

Honestly, without Danger Close, OMA Tubing or boosting, MW2 is probably the best MP experience for COD.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Am I crazy, or am I noticing SMGs killing in less hits at medium/long range than some assault rifles? Shouldn't those things be close/medium range? If my rifle kills in 5 shots at long range your SMG shoudn't also kill in 5 shots at the same range.

RS4-

Am I crazy, or am I noticing SMGs killing in less hits at medium/long range than some assault rifles? Shouldn't those things be close/medium range? If my rifle kills in 5 shots at long range your SMG shoudn't also kill in 5 shots at the same range.

Its COD, game is shit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's really looking like

CoD: Best version on PC. Plus United Offensive.
CoD2: PC due to a ton of user maps
CoD4: PC due to promod plus a TON of user maps
World at War: PC due to a few custom maps. Hackers really were just as prevalent on consoles with their modded controllers.
MW2: 360/PS3
Black Ops: PC due to server browser
MW3: 360/PS3
BO2: PC due to not as bad lag issues plus a good amount of graphical options including FXAA and the coveted 90 FOV. It's a fairly simple matter to consistently go positive and get a high score as well.

Fantasmo

Honestly, without Danger Close, OMA Tubing or boosting, MW2 is probably the best MP experience for COD.
I guess that's kinda my point. I didn't use any of that and I was able to swing scores like this. No AC130 or Chopper Gunner either. I don't drop shot either although I have nothing against it. I was getting shot like crazy too. The difference is you can actually take cover and spawn flipping doesn't happen every 10 seconds.

Xux

All of the ARs are, at most, 4 shots to kill at a longer range than any of the SMGs. All of the SMGs drop to six to shots before all of the ARs that drop to five shots, except for the Type 25 and M8A1, do so.

Fantasmo

Yeah I think I'm going to play some MW2 this week. I miss afghan and mw2's SnD.
Lest I not act like those things don't occur, I was getting tubed a lot, but after a couple kills you back off before you're in explosion revenge territory. As long as you're not too greedy you can make your way elsewhere.

Top Bottom