• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

What is the quickest game type to level your guns in? I'm playing kill confirmed, but it's only 50 points a kill. Would that mean less xp to your guns?

elektrixx

Banned
I'm so fucking mad. My game froze when the credits started so I didn't see the ending. Worse still is that apparently my ending doesn't exist on the internet and I can't find it.

Mason dies, Karma dies, save Menendez

jadedm17

No, the game is awesome, there's just some things that don't make sense.
Spending an entire match on Express being quickscoped with a sniper faster then I could shoot a shotgun was mine tonight.

Oh, and the spawn system is shit. I thought it was just Carrier at first, but HiJacked and Overflow were giving me some bad ones all night, as well as a memorable death on Plaza where me and an opponent spawned (i wanna say 15 feet?) right near each other on the bottom right of the map. We both took a few steps forward (1.5 seconds tops) and saw each other out of the corner of our eyes. I lost.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm so fucking mad. My game froze when the credits started so I didn't see the ending. Worse still is that apparently my ending doesn't exist on the internet and I can't find it.

Run through the last level again on easy?

sweetfish

Gold Member
Love the emblem editor.

Me:
YdGKd.png

My brother:
EJwC5.png

And a friend:
cdwyU.png

impact

Banned
Am I crazy, or am I noticing SMGs killing in less hits at medium/long range than some assault rifles? Shouldn't those things be close/medium range? If my rifle kills in 5 shots at long range your SMG shoudn't also kill in 5 shots at the same range.
Takes like 7 shots for me with SMGs at range so I switched to auto FAL. Gun is so good, its much better than any SMG.

foxdvd

Yeah, I have had many games like that. Makes me want to pull out what little hair I have left.

It frustrates because I will get 2 or 3 smooth matches, then one where I get no hit markers on people at point blank. I get max connection speed, and that is usually when I have the most lag...when my bandwith test in the game menu shows me at 8000 or less things run smooth...10000 and I get shit connection for some reason.

foxdvd

also I know it has been discussed but they need to double the time it takes for your teammates to take your care package with blackhat. If I get one more stolen from someone on my team I am going to...going to...bitch I guess, but come on guys...

also, you can't double tap your care package to change it while someone on your team is trying to steal it, so you are forced to take what is out...

sweetfish

Gold Member
How did you get those large versions of your emblems?

Login to Elite, then go to this url: https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq
Right click on that tiny emblem next to your level on the right side, copy the url.
It will look something like this:

Code:
https://api.elite.callofduty.com//emblem/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b908974a3da7fa641b?size=40&title=ops2&imgtype=svg

Now simply replace size=40 at the end with something bigger, say 200, and preferably imgtype=svg with imgtype=png.

Like this:
Code:
https://api.elite.callofduty.com//emblem/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b908974a3da7fa641b?size=200&title=ops2&imgtype=png

Login to Elite, then go to this url: https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq
Right click on that tiny emblem next to your level on the right side, copy the url.
It will look something like this:

Code:
https://api.elite.callofduty.com//emblem/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b908974a3da7fa641b?size=40&title=ops2&imgtype=svg

Now simply replace size=40 at the end with something bigger, say 200, and preferably imgtype=svg with imgtype=png.

Like this:
Code:
https://api.elite.callofduty.com//emblem/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b908974a3da7fa641b?size=200&title=ops2&imgtype=png

HELLA sweet, dude. Thanks!

My Thundercats Emblem:

WH0d5.png

LowParry

What's the party mode where weapons change out every so often? Going from dual wield pistols to RPG mayhem. So much fun. Too bad not many play it.

x-Lundz-x

So, My buddies and I have been sticking with Kill Confirmed and Domination as our go to game modes. What do you guys like besides those? Hardpoint?

Leunam

What's the party mode where weapons change out every so often? Going from dual wield pistols to RPG mayhem. So much fun. Too bad not many play it.

Gun Game. My friends and I always get in a few games whenever we're all on between TDM matches.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Sa thing happened to me, so I went back and did the last mission again. SAME FUCKING THING HAPPENS.

So I went back and played the last mission a third time. I have the same parameters as you, too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't understand how the other iteration never has lag issues, but the treyarch one always does. Don't they work with the same shit?

aku:jiki

I don't understand how the other iteration never has lag issues, but the treyarch one always does. Don't they work with the same shit?
What? MW3 is laggy as shit.

It started with the new netcode they added in BO1, which was likely to accomodate theater mode, though somehow BO1 wasn't as bad as MW3 and BO2. IW broke the netcode even more in MW3 and for some reason, Treyarch used IW's "upgrades" for BO2.

DRE Fei

I don't know what it is exactly that treyarch does to put their spin on the cod engine, but I know I prefer the IW version. Now that Zampella, West and all those other IW guys left the company, the future does not look bright considering who's in the driver's seat for this franchise now. I guess all good things must come to an end.

I don't know what it is exactly that treyarch does to put their spin on the cod engine, but I know I prefer the IW version. Now that Zampella, West and all those other IW guys left the company, the future does not look bright considering who's in the driver's seat for this franchise now. I guess all good things must come to an end.

They've already come to an end.
for me

Waiting for Respwan's new game

Xux

Sharpshooter. My favorite, too, but I guess not many like it 'cause of the lack of gimmicks and the fairness.

redhot_

Guess ill share a few of my emblems i created.

Some weird catwoman image i found and tried to recreate.

hlFXi.png

spwCd.png

UlBHz.png

Annnd this little guy

oaxvt.png

All these seem to show up alot darker then ingame.

Top Bottom