• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
CHEEZMO™;45298242 said:
How does the token refund prestige thing work?

You can refund all of the tokens you have spent at any time during a prestige. It's for in case you run out and wanted to spend them differently.

Kinda baffled at the unlock order in this one. Max level for a nerfed Ghost? Really?

It seems pretty clear they were trying to minimize the importance of ghost in every possible way. By making people play to level 55 they were probably trying to show people they don't need it, and can get by fine without it.

I don't get why they added unlock tokens, they seem so redundant when everything is unlocked via rank anyway.

The tokens really do feel pointless. For some reason Treyarch are big fans though, as they did something similar in the previous game.

eek5

Game needs HC Kill Confirmed to come back.

uh..

yXxMd.png

I bet this gets asked all the time but here goes: do I lose my weapon camo if I prestige? I think the answer is yes but I am not sure. I am a few kills away from completing the b23r unlocks...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
IW.net in MW2 and MW3, plus unoptimized BLOPS1. Less people want to take the plunge after those.

Black Ops 2 is the best Call of Duty has been on PC since World at War, despite the lack of a server browser this time and the ability to get custom maps.

zeelman

I got tired of trying to run high streaks and failing miserably, so I went back to UAV, Care Package, CUAV. Its kinda boring when I get a lame Care Package reward, but it wasn't nearly as frustrating as it was before. Not checking the scoreboard constantly helps, too.

I got tired of trying to run high streaks and failing miserably, so I went back to UAV, Care Package, CUAV. Its kinda boring when I get a lame Care Package reward, but it wasn't nearly as frustrating as it was before. Not checking the scoreboard constantly helps, too.

Reminds me that I played a match against a team that managed to get a vtol warship and a swarm out of the care packages they called in :/

This whole probation/naughty corner shit is just making the netcode issues more frustrating and obvious rather than punishing legit quitters.
Get kicked as host? Sit in the naughty corner!
Host leaves and whole game gets sent back to the lobby? Sit in the naughty corner!
An amazingly dumb idea. If its not canned, I wont be forking out for DLC.

eek5

This whole probation/naughty corner shit is just making the netcode issues more frustrating and obvious rather than punishing legit quitters.
Get kicked as host? Sit in the naughty corner!
Host leaves and whole game gets sent back to the lobby? Sit in the naughty corner!
An amazingly dumb idea. If its not canned, I wont be forking out for DLC.

I'm getting probation just leaving lobbies.. wtf man

Really? That's a shame, the only playlist I really enjoyed on my own. Oh well.

Yeah it sucks for the few people that enjoyed it but 10-15x more people are playing the playlist that replaced it so..

So if i manage to pick up a cheap Hardened copy of MW3 (with Elite), can i get free maps for both MW3 and Black Ops 2?

I don't think the paid elite subscription has anything to do with BO2. I could be wrong, I'm sure you don't get any of the map packs though.

Yeah it sucks for the few people that enjoyed it but 10-15x more people are playing the playlist that replaced it so..

What replaced it? Kill Confirmed? I don't understand why they can't have both. Thanks for taking away something people enjoy to artificially inflate another playlist's numbers... I'm sure there would be almost as many people playing the new playlist without removing FFA.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uhg, I can't decide on SMR with or without select fire on. Thing is such a beast both ways. But I feel like I'm wasting a spot with select fire if I can learn how to aim and use the trigger right.

Im using the SMR now, just because I've seen how well it displays emblems. Almost got it to second prestige.
I thought full auto would make it great but the clip is too small to be used like a traditional auto AR and I seem to do better with semi auto anyway.
Its garbage in close quarters without the laser beam thingy though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Im using the SMR now, just because I've seen how well it displays emblems. Almost got it to second prestige.
I thought full auto would make it great but the clip is too small to be used like a traditional auto AR and I seem to do better with semi auto anyway.
Its garbage in close quarters without the laser beam thingy though.

I just use stock and ADS when I expect cqc.

fuenf

Have the strikeforce mission generally been received positively?

Because I can't fucking stand them...

They are okay, the trick is to play them in tactical view. If you try to solo them you'll most likely get overwhelmed and lose 'map control'. You should only switch to FPS view if you want to activate an objective faster than the AI would.

Ah, as for clip of the year of shit, I bring you the invincible. Not even my melee can touch this clown.

http://youtu.be/40I-GC94aSs

that is so frustrating, only thing worse are those lagging knife only players, who dont seem to have that problemn with it and can knife you from whereever they are.

Halcyon

Ah, as for clip of the year of shit, I bring you the invincible. Not even my melee can touch this clown.

http://youtu.be/40I-GC94aSs

I honestly don't even ever attempt to knife because of this. Playing sticks and stones is hilarious because the crossbow doesn't work and knifing just makes you feel like an idiot.

Both players just dancing around whiffing at point blank range.

Halcyon

Uhg, I can't decide on SMR with or without select fire on. Thing is such a beast both ways. But I feel like I'm wasting a spot with select fire if I can learn how to aim and use the trigger right.

I use it without select fire. It's more accurate and faster. The problem is going from a smg to the SMR because I forget that you can't hold the trigger down in close quarters.

And like all guns for me they work great if the matchmaking isn't laggy. When there's lag tracking targets horizontally is much more difficult with a single shot gun.

How many captures did you get in both games?

If I remember correctly:

Five in Carrier. (537 spm)

Six in Turbine. (394 spm)

Not many caps available when I get like 6-9 defends per round. My friends and I (two other guys with me) don't like triple capping or pushing too far into the enemy spawn territory. We just like grabbing A (or C) and B asap and holding down the fort from there on out.

I usually lead my team in caps and defends. My SPM in Domination is about a 340 and I usually sit atop the lobby leader board. I'm pretty proud of that fact

Edit: I'm not claiming to be some elite beast at CoD. I just find it funny when the other team rage and blames their lack of success on the map and not the fact that you tore them up strategically.

Okay what is the use of owning a game that i cannot play for more than twenty minutes. Im still using an old phat 60 gig ps3 with upgraded hdd. I thought maybe its my system but i can play Farcry 3 for hours with no issues. And it looks as if this patch has made it "quicker" with the shut off. Has there been any talk of this issue? Doi have to go to the forums for blops 2? Come on somebody tell me what direction i need to pursue in order to play something i paid good money for. I mean i see youtubers complaining about patches but yet to address this....

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Okay what is the use of owning a game that i cannot play for more than twenty minutes. Im still using an old phat 60 gig ps3 with upgraded hdd. I thought maybe its my system but i can play Farcry 3 for hours with no issues. And it looks as if this patch has made it "quicker" with the shut off. Has there been any talk of this issue? Doi have to go to the forums for blops 2? Come on somebody tell me what direction i need to pursue in order to play something i paid good money for. I mean i see youtubers complaining about patches but yet to address this....

What problem are you having?'

I honestly don't even ever attempt to knife because of this. Playing sticks and stones is hilarious because the crossbow doesn't work and knifing just makes you feel like an idiot.

Both players just dancing around whiffing at point blank range.

Crossbow and ballistic knife aren't hitscan, you have to lead your shots.

The long and short of it. I play Blops for more than twenty minutes its a miracle. While playing my system TOTALLY SHUTS DOWN. It flashes red and i have to cut off my ps3 in the back and recycle the system. Ive not had any other issues with any games other than blops 2. Like right now im gonna attempt to get on again and hope i get some playtime.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The long and short of it. I play Blops for more than twenty minutes its a miracle. While playing my system TOTALLY SHUTS DOWN. It flashes red and i have to cut off my ps3 in the back and recycle the system. Ive not had any other issues with any games other than blops 2. Like right now im gonna attempt to get on again and hope i get some playtime.

It's your PS3 man.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So i can play Farcry 3 for hours on end and Asscreed 3 as well but its my ps3.....

What's more likely, that a piece of plastic is shutting your PS3 off, or that there's a problem with your PS3?

Is the game just crashing or is your PS3 literally turning itself off?

I've already accepted the fact that Treyarch isn't going to do jack shit about the lag compensation, but at least address the stupid fucking spawn to instadeath. You should not encounter an enemy within 5 seconds of spawn. I used to think deathstreaks were absolutely stupid and unwarranted in the previous titles but holy shit does this game need them, just solely so you can survive spawning.

Top Bottom