• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Literally turning itself off. It revs up then just shuts down

Sorry man, that really sounds like your PS3 is on its way out. I had freezing before the previous patch, but nothing like that and no issues since the patch.

Does it do that offline in the campaign or in MP?

Its cool. Again any feedback and suggestions are more than welcomed and appreciated to the highest degree. If it tells anything i got a good 2 hours before it shutdown this time.

Halcyon

What problem are you having?'

Crossbow and ballistic knife aren't hitscan, you have to lead your shots.

I know that. Crossbow shots very frequently go right through targets when I'm directly in line. I'm actually decent with the ballistic knife.

Regular knifing though is non functional though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yes I finally got it!

8264739319_500efee5fc_c.jpg

Getting 10 Bloodthirtsties was super hard for me. I had the worst luck. Last Gold that I'm going to bother unlocking, I'm just going to relax and enjoy the game from this point onwards...

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yes I finally got it!

8264739319_500efee5fc_c.jpg

Getting 10 Bloodthirtsties was super hard for me. I had the worst luck. Last Gold that I'm going to bother unlocking, I'm just going to relax and enjoy the game from this point onwards...

Gold 870 was the first (and so far only) gold camo I got. Wasn't that hard IMO. The ones where you needed the perk-less and attatchmen-less kills were the tricky ones, especially because I did them at the same time to speed it up.

Makoto

Search preference suggestions for the next Call of Duty.

Do not place in lobbies where parties have been made.
Do not join games that are in-progress.

There you go Activision.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Search preference suggestions for the next Call of Duty.

Do not place in lobbies where parties have been made.
Do not join games that are in-progress.

There you go Activision.

Fuck that, the last thing cod needs is matches where quitters are not replaced. What you want is in league play, go there and enjoy the settings you seek.

Makoto

Fuck that, the last thing cod needs is matches where quitters are not replaced. What you want is in league play, go there and enjoy the settings you seek.
On PC? lol not with those player numbers. And since this is CoD and not DotA2 or a CS scrim, I'm fine with quitters not being replaced since matches go by quickly. Edit: Besides, it would just be an option, who's to say everyone is not going to want to be placed in matches that have long started?

I was going through a site, looking at video game t-shirts and I saw some pictures I wanted to use as emblems so I tried my best:

Supposed to be the Joker in Pac Man form, lol. The upper corners look messed up here but in game it looks fine.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who jumps on BO2 JUST to make emblems lol.

MP wise...I've been trying to get diamond LMG's. Currently have 3 of them gold. Working on the HAMR right now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Aww yeah. 41 and 9 with the SMR on domination (not on full auto). Oh, and I played the OBJ like a good little soldier too. 1 capture 9 defends (mostly defending B).

Fucking lag compensation is OUT OF CONTROL tonight. Getting shot by people who aren't even looking at me. Getting behind cover with my Target Finder scope which removes the diamond MEANING THERE IS NO LINE OF SIGHT THE ENEMY SHOULD HAVE TO ME and I still get shot when I'm clearly around the corner. People headglitching like fucking crazy and I can't hit them when all I can see is the very tip of their heads yet on their screen, their entire upper torso is above the cover they are behind.

This fucking game is bullshit to the Nth degree.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fucking lag compensation is OUT OF CONTROL tonight. Getting shot by people who aren't even looking at me. Getting behind cover with my Target Finder scope which removes the diamond MEANING THERE IS NO LINE OF SIGHT THE ENEMY SHOULD HAVE TO ME and I still get shot when I'm clearly around the corner. People headglitching like fucking crazy and I can't hit them when all I can see is the very tip of their heads yet on their screen, their entire upper torso is above the cover they are behind.

This fucking game is bullshit to the Nth degree.

For headglitching sometimes for the person it can appear like that, but for those looking at them only their head shows. As for killing you around a wall, bullets go through walls, especially with FMJ. I routinely get kills on people behind walls with my SMR because I use FMJ.

For headglitching sometimes for the person it can appear like that, but for those looking at them only their head shows. As for killing you around a wall, bullets go through walls, especially with FMJ. I routinely get kills on people behind walls with my SMR because I use FMJ.

Yeah, okay.

Jak140

So far I've got a gold Tac 45 pistol, combat knife, R870 shotgun, and assault shield, all max prestiged.

I'm wondering if I should bother trying to do the crossbow and ballistic knife so I can get a diamond combat knife and assault shield. The crossbow in particular seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

Nori Chan

So far I've got a gold Tac 45 pistol, combat knife, R870 shotgun, and assault shield, all max prestiged.

I'm wondering if I should bother trying to do the crossbow and ballistic knife so I can get a diamond combat knife and assault shield. The crossbow in particular seems like it would be a pain in the ass.
Sticks and stones man.

So easy for both

I got my emblem privileges temporarily revoked because I made a topless chick. I thought it was a classy emblem. Not crude or anything. Similar to that Bouncing Betty player icon thing, just with nipples.
Now I gotta wait 2 weeks before I can play again. I guess I'll use pasties, next time :/

redhot_

I got my emblem privileges temporarily revoked because I made a topless chick. I thought it was a classy emblem. Not crude or anything. Similar to that Bouncing Betty player icon thing, just with nipples.
Now I gotta wait 2 weeks before I can play again. I guess I'll use pasties, next time :/

Wait, what!? You can't play for 2 weeks for an "offensive" emblem? What system do you play on?

Jak140

Sticks and stones man.

So easy for both
Yeah that'd probably be the best way, but I have the PC version, and unfortunately there only ever seem to be 1 or 2 people trying to play that mode at best. If I'm ever lucky enough to actually get into a match I'm fortunate if I get even a 3 bar ping.

I swear they made lag compensation worse in the latest patch. This game is almost unplayable now. I'm getting shot by people who aren't even looking at me. They are still sprinting one way while they pull their gun up facing away from me. Then suddenly they look at me and I'm immediately dead with no visible shots coming at me.

Wait, what!? You can't play for 2 weeks for an "offensive" emblem? What system do you play on?

Well, I could still play the actual game if I wanted to, but without being able to have an emblem, the game isnt nearly as much fun for me, so I will wait for the 2 weeks to pass on my emblem ban instead.
I had just started 4th prestige, so my "girls" and me had a good run, I guess. lol

As for killing you around a wall, bullets go through walls, especially with FMJ. I routinely get kills on people behind walls with my SMR because I use FMJ.

Bullets go through most things you'd think would give you cover; concrete walls, the hull of the ship, brick walls, etc. Been killed many hundreds of times behind things that should have given me cover, and my killer not using FMJ.

I have this rule of cover for Black Ops2 - you may think you strafed back into cover after peeking (as fast as you can possibly peek) but that cover you ducked back behind isn't truly cover for at least 1 second.
Either that, or there's lots of bending bullet trajectories, WANTED-style.
Or possibly, lots of things in the Black Ops2 universe are made of marshmallow.

Yea it's really irritating. CoD gives no clear indication of what can or can't be penetrated "wall banged" though, (to me anyway) unlike CounterStrike. Soo many times I've yelled "What is the F'ing point of cover, when it doesn't give you cover?!"

hamchan

I will say that the scorestreak system has encouraged me to play objective modes instead of just TDM all the time, since getting high streaks in TDM is quite difficult now.

I just unlocked gold camo for the B23R pistol-that's the first time I've done all of the weapon challenges in a COD game. No perks/no attachments was tough.

Strangely, I completely sucked with the gun for the few matches after unlocking the camo.

I will say that the scorestreak system has encouraged me to play objective modes instead of just TDM all the time, since getting high streaks in TDM is quite difficult now.

i really like the system, feels better overall

playing kill confirmed seems way more fun than tdm because of the amount of points that build towards your next streak. doesnt hurt that destory equipment adds points too

instead of running uav>care package>hellstorm on tdm, i run hunter killer>hellstorm>agr for kc

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Dude, you should've stopped playing TDM all the time since World at War lol

WaW had War, MW2 had demolition, BLOPs added the Wager Matches, MW3 had Kill Confirmed which is basically the best variant of TDM not to mention Team Defender/Drop Zone/Infection, and BLOPs2 has Mercenary Moshpit.

JB1981

I swear they made lag compensation worse in the latest patch. This game is almost unplayable now. I'm getting shot by people who aren't even looking at me. They are still sprinting one way while they pull their gun up facing away from me. Then suddenly they look at me and I'm immediately dead with no visible shots coming at me.

Welcome to Call of Duty

Top Bottom