• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

redhot_

But we all head glitch though at one point or another, even if we don't intend to.You can't blame people when you're perspective makes it seem like your less covered than you really are and when damn near all the cover placed about is neck high. Plus shooting from cover is the smart thing to do, so I can't be mad when someone does it.

Yea i agree, but man in some maps with long sight lines its just brutal when the guns have no recoil and shoot laser beam straight.

Ranger. In my time playing against/with you tonight, I saw:

-Dual KAP40s. Namely, sitting in corners prone/crouched with them
-Headglitching a barrel in front of a bomb, aimed down sight into our spawn building with a red dot
-Spawncamping

It's easy to artificially inflate your k/d when you do bullshit like this. Why preach about skill when you do this bullshit?

I don't mean to be an ass, but ffs, dude.

Shocker. This shit seems to always be the case with people who brag about their stats and then lecture others on how to 'get better.'

Victrix

*beard*
Wut.

Do you have some code of eBushido that prevents you from fighting dishonorably online?

If it's in the game, use it, don't bitch about it.

If it is actually broken (and not just something people whine about), either the devs will fix it, or the game probably isn't worth playing anyway.

Otherwise you sound like the scrubbiest of players who refuse to use 'the cheesy broken stuff' for fear they might lose with it and be proven terribly wrong.

And please never use the term 'headglitching' again seriously, you sound like those idiot whiny youtube kids. It's called cover. Or would you prefer to meet at dawn and then face off at ten paces in the open?

Victrix

*beard*
Not being able to use FMJ in combination with the MMS sucks.

Try it on the SCAR, it has increased penetration relative to the other ARs... if you can handle the recoil and terrible rof :D

The SMR/FAL have better pen also, but they're not well suited to wall drilling due to their ammo capacity/rof, which is even worse than the SCAR.

I don't think wallbanging is actually the best use of it though, it's more useful for Smoke + Scavenger (or just Smoke on an obj focused class), and for occasionally catching a stationary camper inside of a building before you go in, which can save your life.

Gotta love that amazingly clear reticle too. It also has the least zoom of any optic in the game, which is a blessing and a curse.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
any assault rifle or smg + Target Finder, Long barrel and Fore Grip = GG

.nimrod

Try it on the SCAR, it has increased penetration relative to the other ARs... if you can handle the recoil and terrible rof :D

The SMR/FAL have better pen also, but they're not well suited to wall drilling due to their ammo capacity/rof, which is even worse than the SCAR.

I don't think wallbanging is actually the best use of it though, it's more useful for Smoke + Scavenger (or just Smoke on an obj focused class), and for occasionally catching a stationary camper inside of a building before you go in, which can save your life.

Gotta love that amazingly clear reticle too. It also has the least zoom of any optic in the game, which is a blessing and a curse.

I actually can't use full-auto ARs anymore, i've gotten so used to how fast the FAL/SMR kill on semi that everything else feels just weak.
FMJ+Toughness is a must for me as well, and the MMS seems to be the most useful optic for that combo. It's just too bad that Treyarch thinks that it would be OP, especially since there's still cold-blooded as a counter (which feels kind of pointless in it's current state).

any assault rifle or smg + Target Finder, Long barrel and Force Grip = GG

That would be a sweet perk, i'd definitely make a Lord Vader class :p

R2D4

Banned
This game is so much better on PC for me. I have 4 bars all the time. I had 3 bars 90% of the time on 360. I can actually shoot people and kill them instead of the 360's standard meme of shooting at someone and then having them turn around and kill you. Or people teleporting up to you and knifing you after putting in a whole mag into their chest.

Fistwell

Any place I could download a Carl on Duty: Black Cops 2™ cover art (back and front) with decent enough resolution to be printed?

I agree that "headglitching" is a silly complaint to level against someone. What are people supposed to do?

"I'm peaking over this object, but I had better make sure I'm more visible so I'll stand up, to be more fair to my enemies". lol no

How does one even know when they're "headglitching"? It's impossible to know how much of me an enemy can see at any given time.

I agree that "headglitching" is a silly complaint to level against someone. What are people supposed to do?

"I'm peaking over this object, but I had better make sure I'm more visible so I'll stand up, to be more fair to my enemies". lol no

How does one even know when they're "headglitching"? It's impossible to know how much of me an enemy can see at any given time.

oh trust me, they know.

I know when I do it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
To whoever mentioned the C4 + Shock Charge combo: big thanks. Fun to use even if it doesn't net me too many extra kills.

No problem, yeah it's super fun and I imagine the kill cam/realization of what happened pisses them off.

Plus you can stick C4 anywhere you want making for all kinds of cool places to hide this trap

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

It is a bit silly, when you don't really know how others see you because of how CoD works it is hardly your fault. Though of course some people know exactly where they can do it and purposely do it to gain the advantage knowing they are much harder to kill.

They should instead fix it so the camera and gun aren't both in your head, if I can see over something with my gun out and kill someone without obstruction, the person I am shooting should be seeing the same, it isn't a players fault, it is just another nonsense thing these developers have never sorted out.

Leunam

No problem, yeah it's super fun and I imagine the kill cam/realization of what happened pisses them off.

Plus you can stick C4 anywhere you want making for all kinds of cool places to hide this trap

I like to put them over doorways. Any stray rounds from shooting at people in buildings tend to go sideways and not upwards so it's generally safe from being destroyed prematurely.

Unfortunately, I just prestiged so I need to wait to unlock C4 again. Wasted my prestige gift, too. :/

Slizz

Carried over the M8A1 for my second prestige. Worth it, think I might carry over Blackhats next prestige, they are so dope.

Acinixys

Has the patch that nerfed SMGs and UAVs hit PC yet?

No

I discovered today that LMG + FMJ on hardpoint will make everyone on the enemy team rage, and pull out their "LMG noob" card. I love it when a SMG scrub tried to hide around a corner, and my massive magazine just tears through the wall and obliterates them

No

I discovered today that LMG + FMJ on hardpoint will make everyone on the enemy team rage, and pull out their "LMG noob" card. I love it when a SMG scrub tried to hide around a corner, and my massive magazine just tears through the wall and obliterates them

I've been getting this a lot too. Using one of the least used setups in the game and they bitch and moan about it.

close to prestiging again and I can't decide whether to take flak jacket or scavenger with me. I find flak jacket more useful but I hate waiting 50 levels to get scavenger again. hmmm...

FFA's are slower in this game due to the scorestreak system and zero footsteps. Quick BO FFA's were achieved using blackbird-chopper-dogs or 8-9-11 kills. On Nuketown this could achieve 1:30-2:00. The equivalent in this game is vsat-vtol-dogs or 12-16-17. Yeah. Not only is it not happening as often but even if you get there it takes longer overall. Plus there are no easymode ffa maps like nuketown or firing range, though standoff comes close.

CHEEZMO™;45283130 said:
Two questions.

1: What's "weapon prestige"?
2: How can I find my emblem so I can post it here? :B

It's just prestiging your weapon after it reaches max level. After prestiging it once, you can put your clan tag on your gun. Twice and you can put your emblem on your gun. You lose all of your attachments and the level goes back to one, but you keep all of your camos.

You can do it twice per weapon. The 10k challenges for getting it to max prestige, max level and all camos are worth the effort.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It's just prestiging your weapon after it reaches max level. After prestiging it once, you can put your clan tag on your gun. Twice and you can put your emblem on your gun. You lose all of your attachments and the level goes back to one, but you keep all of your camos.

You can do it twice per weapon. The 10k challenges for getting it to max prestige, max level and all camos are worth the effort.

How do I do it then? Pretty sure I've maxxed everything on my Remington but I can't see any option.

Edit: Nevermind, I am blind.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Probably had the best Gun Game I ever played today. Joined the game in progress down by 100

8263004280_abe61ec820_b.jpg

Won first place in style by getting a ballistic knife at the same time another player shot a rocket at me.

aI_Gcd.gif

I love this game.

Boost

Banned
Did Treyarch do anything to the matchmaking in the last update (PS3)? Im getting a noticeable better connection, less hit markers and more kills. Not complaining, just wondering? Stealth fix?

Top Bottom