• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Because it's like addictive and fun?

Getting spammed and spawn killed is fun?

I guess I'm looking for a reason.

Yeah I finally unboxed my Nuketown edition copy! Playing on ps3 btw. So far played Hijacked(best map so far), Slums and Cargo(worst map so far).

How the fuck people like those tiny maps is beyond me. I HATE hijacked and Slums/Cargo are great maps.

They took it out after the first Double XP weekend. Also Nuketown 24/7 is basically the best way to level up and the spawns there actually make sense, even though it's super fast with the spawn flipping.

I heard they put Nuketown back in normal playlists after complaints?

How the fuck people like those tiny maps is beyond me. I HATE hijacked and Slums/Cargo are great maps.

CoD to me is basically all about small maps. I don't like big maps in CoD.

Makoto

More encounters in particular. Too many instances of me playing non Ground War games where the first minute of the game is me playing ring around the rosie on the map looking for the opposition but the gunfights are taking place on the other side of the map so that by the time I get there, the gunfights are yet again on the other side of the map.

Meh I wouldnt mind having somewhere to consistently play Nuketown, its a fun map for aggressive run and gunners.

It never really pops up in the xbox playlist.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can I get a moshpit mode that is just Raid, Nuketown, Hijacked, and Carrier?

Unrelated note: Is the Scorpion good? Never really used it aside from occasionally picking it up off the ground, so I haven't really had time to use it. I see a lot of people using it though.

The FAL and PDW seem a lot worse after the patch.

Getting the Cherry Blossom for the FAL is going to take forever. How do you get longshots btw?

tsigo

Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.

Fucking A. If you got hit with a concussion grenade and you're not directly facing the dude that threw it, you're fucked.

MechDX

Is there a way to get the GAF clan tag to show in front of my name or I do have to manually put it there?

Alos I seriously need to play with some GAF members on Domination.

Would it kill them to add a check to see if a lightning strike as been called in before spawning you? There's nothing I love more than spawning directly into an explosion.

CHEEZMO™;45434077 said:
I don't know which map is worse, Aftermath or Carrier.

As a Domination player, I'll take either one over Express. Oh god, do I hate Express.

CHEEZMO™;45435240 said:
I only play Domination. Aftermath is dogshit.

CHEEZMO™;45435433 said:
LOL, Express is one of my favourite maps.

I agree 100%

Express & Hijacked are my favourites for sure. I enjoy Carrier and Standoff as well as that one with the statue by B.

I don't mind Yemen, and cannot stand Dome & Aftermath.

I swore I was gonna take a break from this game after raging last week, but that damn double xp. I may give it a few games before I realize why I stopped in the first place. Doesn't take long for me to go "oh yea, that's why I hate this game". We'll see.

The"big" maps aren't even big. Nuketown, Shipment, Hijacked are all exceptionally tiny.

The only game I like with big maps is BF3. In CoD I don't wanna walk around a lot to kill people, there is no reviving or team play. I liked the big maps in MW2 but there are only a handful in BLOPS2 that are as good.

I swore I was gonna take a break from this game after raging last week, but that damn double xp. I may give it a few games before I realize why I stopped in the first place. Doesn't take long for me to go "oh yea, that's why I hate this game". We'll see.
Well I tried, 3 games. Can't fucking do it. Loading up MW2 as I type.

JB1981

I can't BELIEVE the fucking camping that goes on on that map Drone. Holy fucking shit. You literally have guys that jump on top of the control panels in the corners of the rooms and crouch there all day. And if you don't check those corners thoroughly which are fucking hard to see you get shot in the back. Seriously fuck this game sometimes

aku:jiki

I was bored and wanted to see what people were saying about MW2 about a week after launch, and it's hilarious and/or sad that the main complaint GAF had with the MP in that game was that it locked out party chat in most game modes, and that the "blood jelly" looked silly.

Ah, the golden days before OMA ruined MW2 and the netcode ruined subsequent games. :(

Jesus christ the flinch is so rage inducing, I really need to have toughness of every class and that's bullshit.
Hate this too. They've made so many stupid changes to the core gameplay, only to facilitate a perk because they couldn't think of any better ones, in the recent few games. Another example that pisses me off is how it takes like an hour to toss a stun grenade in MW3, only because they couldn't come up with any other usage for Quickdraw Pro.

redhot_

Man this game is running like shit for me tonight on PS3.

Side note, anyone else get thrown into the same lobbies back to back? I sometimes leave when i dont feel like playing hide and go seek with the campers, search again, and BAM there they are.

Hate this too. They've made so many stupid changes to the core gameplay, only to facilitate a perk because they couldn't think of any better ones, in the recent few games. Another example that pisses me off is how it takes like an hour to toss a stun grenade in MW3, only because they couldn't come up with any other usage for Quickdraw Pro.

I like the flinch. If you get shot first, you should probably end up dying. It puts the emphasis on tactics and positioning, rather than twitch reflexes.

I do wish they were a little more creative with the perks though. The Blops 2 perks are mostly just nerfed remixes of old perks.

Amazing. I've been playing MW2 the past few hours and the last 4-5 games I've gone about 28-3 or so. It just feels so much more smooth. Every shot counts and lands. Loving it. Why can't BO2 be even remotely like this.

Makoto

I am just stunned at the awful teams this game puts me on. The opposition takes out one bombsite on Demolition and instead of doing the easy task of defending the one bombsite we have left, everyone on my team tries to flank the the opposing team and get them in their spawns from the other side of the map. It's got to be my high KDR as the reason I get paired with some of the shittiest players known to man.

Fantasmo

My friend who has 3-5 K/D in every game since CoD2 calls the new perks, "perks to be normal". Well, not having Toughness is fine if you use smg's and aim at their balls. You get free headshots!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I am just stunned at the awful teams this game puts me on. The opposition takes out one bombsite on Demolition and instead of doing the easy task of defending the one bombsite we have left, everyone on my team tries to flank the the opposing team and get them in their spawns from the other side of the map. It's got to be my high KDR as the reason I get paired with some of the shittiest players known to man.

Probably getting matched against groups. People tend to play this game in packs and you're getting stuck with randoms. If I get in a lobby and it looks like that's happening I back the fuck out. More "solo" people need to play the merc playlist, but they don't.

Probably getting matched against groups. People tend to play this game in packs and you're getting stuck with randoms.If I get in a lobby and it looks like that's happening I back the fuck out. More "solo" people need to play the merc playlist, but they don't.

Not having alot of people in the Merc playlist is kind of an issue that feeds itself. I'm sure alot more people would play it, but when you look at the number of people playing and see that only 800 or so people playing it, you realize the chances of you finding a non laggy match goes way down;so people end up taking their chances with the regular playlist. I would love to play some matches solo and not go up against a full team all the time, playing against a party makes the game feel like a chore. I end up working so hard just to be competitive that alot of the fun ends up lost.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Not having alot of people in the Merc playlist is kind of an issue that feeds itself. I'm sure alot more people would play it, but when you look at the number of people playing and see that only 800 or so people playing it, you realize the chances of you finding a non laggy match goes way down;so people end up taking their chances with the regular playlist. I would love to play some matches solo and not go up against a full team all the time, playing against a party makes the game feel like a chore. I end up working so hard just to be competitive that alot of the fun ends up lost.

Yep, I absolutely agree.

tsigo

I was bored and wanted to see what people were saying about MW2 about a week after launch, and it's hilarious and/or sad that the main complaint GAF had with the MP in that game was that it locked out party chat in most game modes, and that the "blood jelly" looked silly.

Ah, the golden days before OMA ruined MW2 and the netcode ruined subsequent games. :(

If they re-released MW2 with a fixed Danger Close and OMA, and removed Tac Insert from FFA, and maybe added some of the UI and party niceties from other games I'd buy it again at full price. Last great CoD game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If they re-released MW2 with a fixed Danger Close and OMA, and removed Tac Insert from FFA, and maybe added some of the UI and party niceties from other games I'd buy it again at full price. Last great CoD game.

Or they could just address the lag in this game.

Makoto

Probably getting matched against groups. People tend to play this game in packs and you're getting stuck with randoms. If I get in a lobby and it looks like that's happening I back the fuck out. More "solo" people need to play the merc playlist, but they don't.
Mercenary Moshpit is the origin of my post's grievances. I also play it the majority of the time. :p

Top Bottom