• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

fozzy

I definitely agree that this would be the best cod to date if it wasn't for the connection problems.

Been switching between this and mw3 lastnight and this morning and the difference is massive. Mw3 feels so smooth and people drop so much quicker.

Such a shame.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Why are foots steps nearly silent?

Why is the betty noise crushed under almost everything else?

Why the FUCK is this bullshit 'awaiting challenge' still there? Even worse they don't even disconnect you any more and it just keeps going refusing to connect you to the host for absolutely no reason...

This game is easily better than warfail 3 but why must all modern games have such retarded errors in them?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I saw racist emblems for the first time last night. Two KKK Emblems from people that were in a clan together, pun not intended.

Magik

What the hell is wrong with the spawn system nowadays? I'm finding myself and my opponents spawning a few meters away from each other every time rather than spawning us at a safer distance. There are times where I'll spawn at my opponents spawn area, die, than correctly be spawned somewhere safe.

aku:jiki

What the hell is wrong with the spawn system nowadays? I'm finding myself and my opponents spawning a few meters away from each other every time rather than spawning us at a safer distance. There are times where I'll spawn at my opponents spawn area, die, than correctly be spawned somewhere safe.
Since MW3 did the same shit, I have to assume that they think it's a feature. More firefights! Instant revenge!

It's just retarded, though, of course.

Montresor

Do you earn multiplayer exp in league matches?

Also, I started playing the Team Deathmatch league. When does season 1 end for that league?

RS4-

Thanks! In that case I'll just stick to regular Kill Confirmed for the rest of this weekend (double exp!).

Nuketown 2025 might be a better place to level up, it'll probably shit on your KD if you care and drive you crazy with the spawning.

If you do well you can get 30-40k+ a match

Today's clan op is TDM right? The competition portion of the Elite site just times out for me.

Nuketown 2025 might be a better place to level up, it'll probably shit on your KD if you care and drive you crazy with the spawning.

If you do well you can get 30-40k+ a match

Today's clan op is TDM right? The competition portion of the Elite site just times out for me.

Max I got was 20k. I'm playing Nuketown exclusively because of 2xp weekend. I hate the spawn there, it doesn't make sense.

Nori Chan

I'm prestige 4 level 35 and the first map pack hasn't even been announced...I don't want to get burned out and be 10th prestige before the season pass is half way done. So I might not be playing this game a lot. The challenges and camo have got me playing most playlists that I usually don't go in though.

Anybody have a problem like me?

eek5

Not having alot of people in the Merc playlist is kind of an issue that feeds itself. I'm sure alot more people would play it, but when you look at the number of people playing and see that only 800 or so people playing it, you realize the chances of you finding a non laggy match goes way down;so people end up taking their chances with the regular playlist. I would love to play some matches solo and not go up against a full team all the time, playing against a party makes the game feel like a chore. I end up working so hard just to be competitive that alot of the fun ends up lost.
More people would play merc if S&D and CTF weren't in the rotation. Why put highly team focused modes or even modes w/ respawn timers at all into a solo playlist? Smh.

aku:jiki

WTF, I'm in a match where supposedly everyone is 4-bar and only 2 guys are 3-bar but it's the choppiest, laggiest piece of shit match I've seen in a good while. And the matchmaking refuses to put me into another. :mad:

Anybody have a problem like me?
I'm usually 10th in every CoD way before the first maps hit, and I never cared. My goal has always been to complete all challenges.

(I haven't done it in a single game yet. There's always way too many for a human to reasonably complete.)

More people would play merc if S&D and CTF weren't in the rotation. Why put highly team focused modes or even modes w/ respawn timers at all into a solo playlist? Smh.

That's my feeling too. I wouldn't mind if they came up once and a while, but I'd much prefer something simpler like Kill Confirmed (easily my favorite game mode when playing solo).

Card Boy

Banned
Huh? How can you prestige a gun? Is this something new that got introduced with BLOPS2?

Yes. Prestiging a gun lets you put clan tags on it, doing it again lets you put emblems and gets you a nameplate for that weapon.

You only lose your unlocks, you still keep your Challenges and Camos.

XboxAhoy did a video on the Quickdraw attachment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xSmNGhCWpU

I had no idea that LMGs receive less benefit from it... The class that needs it the most gets the least help from it, and the class that needs it the least (SMGs) get the most benefit? wut

David Vonderhaar Game Design™

Not surprising given the fact this game not only caters to the run 'n gun crowd, but SMG try-hards as well.

Yes. Prestiging a gun lets you put clan tags on it, doing it again lets you put emblems and gets you a nameplate for that weapon.

You only lose your unlocks, you still keep your Challenges and Camos.

Ah thanks, those things are cool. At what level can you prestige it? I also saw people with weird crosshairs.

Just wanted to say that after not buying a COD game since black ops and before that the original MW, I caved and bought BO2. I have to say I'm really enjoying it...and I'm kicking kids' asses that have probably played 10 times more than me, so thats a perk (pun slightly intended?).

Just wanted to say that after not buying a COD game since black ops and before that the original MW, I caved and bought BO2. I have to say I'm really enjoying it...and I'm kicking kids' asses that have probably played 10 times more than me, so thats a perk (pun slightly intended?).

The first CoD game I'm enjoying sinc MW2, its not as good but damn close. I fired up MW3 for fun to see how it compared, the maps just doesn't make sense lol.

Card Boy

Banned
Ah thanks, those things are cool. At what level can you prestige it? I also saw people with weird crosshairs.

The max level of a weapon is determined by what level the last unlock is, so if you get MMS on your FAL at weapon level 16 then you can prestiege it.

The crosshairs people have are challenges associated with Red Dot/EDTech/ACOG. Press Y or Triangle to customize a weapon or its scope and you will see the challenges for it. Most of them are kill based but some need like 10 Bloodthirstys for example.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is there a problem with the PS3 version tonight? It wants all of my tokens to unlock anything, but I thought before tonight it was always one token per item. I just got the game a few days ago, so I don't really have any history to go off of.

zeelman

I'm fed up with this game. I can't deal with how inconsistent it is anymore. Every fight is just a crapshoot. I can't come up with a decent strategy to play this game because I never know when something will work or won't work. I also can't figure out the spawns at all. I never know when someone is going to pop up right behind me. I probably wouldn't mind the spawns as much if I could hear people coming, but I can't.

I'm just baffled by how Treyarch just completely dropped the ball on this game. They somehow made a game that is worse then MW3 in virtually every way.

I really regret spending so much time with COD. I haven't enjoyed them consistently since MW2. I sucked at that game and I had more fun with it.

Online character corruption issues again.

Online. Get a message saying my stats have been reset. What?!
But they aren't, and I've got all kinds of new emblems I've never unlocked...that are now unlocked. Flag capture master, hardpoint master, domination master. Half the gun master emblems unlocked, stuff like that. My custom emblems are still intact though.
I'm the same prestige, but none of my previous carry-over items are unlocked...and I have 3 perm unlock tokens. (I was 3rd prestige.)

Ok, so I re-unlock my stuff, remake custom classes, then jump into a game.
Notice as soon as I'm in the first match, I'm a level 1.

Dashboard, go back into game.
Message saying online stuff was corrupted, and restored back to basically where I left off (whew.)
Should mention I my online stuff was corrupted once before, and I lost 8 hours of gameplay.

I'm not feeling much confidence in Treyarch lately.

tatsuki

iYEya0viLbEtH.png

I just finished up at the end of double xp weekend. I'm finally done. Although, Elite is telling me there are still more emblems after master.
ibyqmLHl12QpCC.png

Regardless, I think I'll be taking a very long break from this game. I'm completely worn out on it.

Finally getting to grips with the wii u pro controller.

had a game with the wiimote and ninchuck, once my settings have been sorted i think ill play like that exclusively.

double xp for the other consoles only then?

Top Bottom