• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

The max level of a weapon is determined by what level the last unlock is, so if you get MMS on your FAL at weapon level 16 then you can prestiege it.

The crosshairs people have are challenges associated with Red Dot/EDTech/ACOG. Press Y or Triangle to customize a weapon or its scope and you will see the challenges for it. Most of them are kill based but some need like 10 Bloodthirstys for example.

Nice, will keep that in mind.

And damn some people are already prestige 11? Does it go faster than MW2 cuz I put around 500 hours in that game and I was around prestige 7 I think.

Bollocks

fuck, there was a double xp weekend? I've missed the first one and now the second one too? fml, but no harm done, I've yet to start the mp.

Nabs

Double XP weekend has been very kind to me for the most part. Managed to prestige twice and even get the K-9 Unit and Swarm scorestreaks. Video link: http://youtu.be/yAf3OiYuDMs

ibm9ORYcLMVnLL.gif

iYEya0viLbEtH.png

I just finished up at the end of double xp weekend. I'm finally done. Although, Elite is telling me there are still more emblems after master.
ibyqmLHl12QpCC.png

Regardless, I think I'll be taking a very long break from this game. I'm completely worn out on it.

Only 523 wins? I'm a prestige 2 level 33 and I'm at 282 wins, playing TDM exclusively. They must have really screwed you over with bad teams/teammates.

I don't know what's annoying me more; people playing Kill Confirmed but making no attempt to go for tags, or the game spawning teammates RIGHT ON TOP OF ME FUCKING MOOOOVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! *swipes at teammate with knife*

Radec

Double XP was really sweet.

Getting an average points of 30k/game.

Highest scorestreak so far was the Lodestar since Swarm and K9 is still locked for me :D

I don't know what's annoying me more; people playing Kill Confirmed but making no attempt to go for tags, or the game spawning teammates RIGHT ON TOP OF ME FUCKING MOOOOVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! *swipes at teammate with knife*

this.

if i back you up by sniping and get 3 kills, please do everyone (and yourself since it counts towards your scorestreaks) a favor and get the damn tags.

Slizz

Was playing KC and went into a corner to put off my Lightning Strike and a teammate blocked me in the corner so I couldn't move anywhere. Had to wait for an enemy to kill us both.

Shadybiz

Was playing KC and went into a corner to put off my Lightning Strike and a teammate blocked me in the corner so I couldn't move anywhere. Had to wait for an enemy to kill us both.

I was playing Nuketown on the weekend, and one of my teammates trapped me up against the shed in the backyard. I had just pressed up against it for a sec so I could reload safely. I tried motioning to him (by stabbing him), and noted over the mic to please move. No result. So, I tossed a grenade on the ground and killed myself.

aku:jiki

I was playing Nuketown on the weekend, and one of my teammates trapped me up against the shed in the backyard. I had just pressed up against it for a sec so I could reload safely. I tried motioning to him (by stabbing him), and noted over the mic to please move. No result. So, I tossed a grenade on the ground and killed myself.
He did it on purpose. Little kids think that's hilarious.

I had a teammate do it to me, exact same circumstance as you, and I guess he thought I was trying to corner camp so he decided to punish me by locking me in. I killed myself with a grenade and said "okay, I'll show you some trolling!" and then I followed him around the map, firing unsilenced constantly and whenever he got into a firefight, I went prone behind him so he couldn't manouver. He got pretty mad, yelling into the mic and shit. Shouldn't have been a cunt first, son, I'll out-cunt you!

Finally got my diamond LMG's. LMG's feel pretty good IMO.

Might start working on the SMG's now.

Been using sensor grenades lately. (to get the calling card). Didn't know you could kill people with them until I saw 1 or 2 people die from it on the killfeed, lol. Always carry 2 of them. Feels good to carry a mini blackbird in my pocket. It's my Recon Pro replacement.

popeutlal

I've been having fun with SMR and select fire two shot kills at any range is awesome...tried the FAL but could barely get a kill.

Now if I prestige, can I keep the SMR and select fire?

I've been having fun with SMR and select fire two shot kills at any range is awesome...tried the FAL but could barely get a kill.

I tried the FAL with select fire but the vertical recoil was just atrocious.

Edit...

I mean to say the vertical recoil of the SMR was atrocious. However, the FAL has been seriously gimped as well. Select fire is pretty much useless now when shooting at enemies from a distance with the FAL. I went back to semi but with the speed of this game and close quarters of most of matches it's hard to compete with SMGs and shotguns.

Once you prestige you get the option to keep any one item, which you can use on the SMR if you wish. All weapon content remains as is after you prestige, so you will have you weapon level, attachments and camos. You also have the option to prestige your weapons once you max them out, but doing so resets all attachments.

Acinixys

Trying to get all the reticules for the ACOG and man is it taking long. Ive already done the red dot and the EOD-Tech, but the ACOG is difficult because the maps are too small most of the time

Also, most of the sights look so much better when you actually equip them

WzOaB.jpg

Quick question to any gaffer that can help. Do scopes/reticles (i.e. Hybrid Optic) actually improve your range or accuracy (from a statistical perspective)? Or is the range/accuracy boost that is shown on the game just assuming that you will do better at range with a chosen optic?

Maddocks

they need to seriously release some more zombie info on ranks. I have seen a crapload of youtube videos of people claiming to know how to level up, but I follow them and nope, still on the same level and I play everyday and reach level 20-30 solo all the time. Why 3arc...why must you torture me!

Quick question to any gaffer that can help. Do scopes/reticles (i.e. Hybrid Optic) actually improve your range or accuracy (from a statistical perspective)? Or is the range/accuracy boost that is shown on the game just assuming that you will do better at range with a chosen optic?

Yeah they make no difference statistically.

aku:jiki

Haaaa! I have this nemesis I keep getting matchmade with and who is a total lag warrior in every single match - damn near unkillable for everyone. I admit, he's pretty good too but the lag just makes him an unstoppable fucking machine. And I get matchmade with him a lot, so I'm tired of rage quitting every time he turns up to make the match suck.

But I finally found his kryptonite: the shield! He's so used to just tearing through everyone with his shitty lag that he has no idea what to do when I show up with a shield. He just keeps spraying at me and I can pretty much always distract him enough for a teammate to show up and kill him. Now he's the one rage quitting every time it happens, feels good man.

How does disabling graphic content work in this game? Is it simply blood, gore, and language in the campaign or also in multiplayer and zombies?

I myself do not own the game, but I regularly play this title at consumers' homes and one set of parents asked me what disabling graphic content does today. Thanks.

Yeah they make no difference statistically.

It makes no sense to me why they show a statistical difference in the ratings for each attachment, if no true difference exists. Very strange decision IMO.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Maybe I'm just imagining things but I feel like I have better accuracy with my LSAT LMG using the dual band scope than the target finder. I don't remember if one rating is better than the other though ATM.

zeelman

Haaaa! I have this nemesis I keep getting matchmade with and who is a total lag warrior in every single match - damn near unkillable for everyone. I admit, he's pretty good too but the lag just makes him an unstoppable fucking machine. And I get matchmade with him a lot, so I'm tired of rage quitting every time he turns up to make the match suck.

But I finally found his kryptonite: the shield! He's so used to just tearing through everyone with his shitty lag that he has no idea what to do when I show up with a shield. He just keeps spraying at me and I can pretty much always distract him enough for a teammate to show up and kill him. Now he's the one rage quitting every time it happens, feels good man.

I'm surprised his bullets didn't lag right through your shield.

Top Bottom