• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Found a couple of lucky FFA lobbies and managed to complete the gold camo for Executioners. I was actually really enjoying dual-wielding them, since they play a bit more like an extreme short-range version of the Saiga with even faster firing rate. They also get a significantly boosted reload speed with Dual Wield, which is much, much appreciated. I may have to run a joke build with them when I want to inspire rage.

Acinixys

Which LMGs are you guys liking? Might try going that route.

HAMR is my poison. It has a pretty fast reload, and very manageable recoil. I usually use dual band or an ACOG on it.

Gotta say though, LMG scope in time needs a massive buff. I understand that they're big and heavy, but it takes almost 2 seconds to scope with no quickdraw. It make you feel vulnerable, especially on smaller maps

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
screenshot_295118_orig-600x450.jpg

LOL

Leunam

I tried the FAL with select fire but the vertical recoil was just atrocious.

Edit...

I mean to say the vertical recoil of the SMR was atrocious. However, the FAL has been seriously gimped as well. Select fire is pretty much useless now when shooting at enemies from a distance with the FAL. I went back to semi but with the speed of this game and close quarters of most of matches it's hard to compete with SMGs and shotguns.

They went waaaaaaay overboard with the patch. Destroyed the FAL.

I'm still using the select fire FAL, but I'm using three attachments. If I'm expecting an enemy that's a good distance away (say, basketball court to bedroom in Raid) I either switch to semi-auto or just burst fire. Try and see if that works better for you.

kendrid

Banned
Playing Hardpoint on Hijacked last night I ran into a clan who absolutely dominated. I'd be fine with that except whenever I would go to shoot them, they would become invisible and then be on the opposite side of me. Is this lag switching?

I report all of them. No way was it a legit game.

uuPqZ.jpg

Radec

Hey, what's this Nuke Scorestreak that I've been hearing about ?

http://theultralinx.com/2012/11/nuke-scorestreak-black-ops-2.html

Real or Fake ?

Slizz

I don't understand how I can call 2 VSAT's 2 K9's have 5 captures and 6 defends and we still lose in Domination....

It's whatever though, had a great game on KC with 2 VSAT's and a K9, my team cleaned up.

popeutlal

Some of the final kill cams with the wiimote are hilarious, the gun is pointed at the edged of the screen the hit marker is showing in the middle of the screen the player is on the left of the screen.

I've seen this many times.

These wiimote players seem to frantically start shooting anywhere on the screen until they hit something.

Over the past few days, my console has overheated twice while playing Black Ops 2 after only playing for half an hour or so. It has never overheated before with any other game and I've played Halo 4 for a few hours straight and watching HBO Go in between these two instances. Is this a noted problem with the game? After a few Google searches, it looks like other people are having the same problem (and did with the original Black Ops as well). Has Treyarch or anyone else said anything about this?

Over the past few days, my console has overheated twice while playing Black Ops 2 after only playing for half an hour or so. It has never overheated before with any other game and I've played Halo 4 for a few hours straight and watching HBO Go in between these two instances. Is this a noted problem with the game? After a few Google searches, it looks like other people are having the same problem (and did with the original Black Ops as well). Has Treyarch or anyone else said anything about this?

What platform? The PS3 was plagued with freezing issues during launch, but they resolved the frequent freezing that week. I've encountered two freezes since then, both during the loading after a match completed.

What platform? The PS3 was plagued with freezing issues during launch, but they resolved the frequent freezing that week. I've encountered two freezes since then, both during the loading after a match completed.

Wow, can't believe I somehow left that out. I'm playing on Xbox -- console shuts down, flashes 2 red lights then yells at me for leaving it in a poorly ventilated area (where I've had it the past year and a half with no issues) when I restart it. Also, this has only happened when playing campaign and zombies -- strangely enough, online has worked just fine.

I just couldn't stomach the lag anymore (playing on 360) and sold this piece of shit. My connections were just absolutely fucking rubbish 90 % of the time and was barely able to get more kills than deaths even though I've usually been a+2.0 k/d player in the previous games (at least when it comes to TDM). Anyway, went back to MW2/MW3 and had no trouble kicking ass there. Probably gonna stick with MW3 from now on to get my COD fix..

Stantron

There should be a medal that rewards you extra XP after a match if you're the only player with positive K/D on your team in non-objective modes. I think I would have gotten about ten of those last night.

So I posted before about how my NAT magically changed to open (Xbox360). Well when double XP started this weekend it switched back to strict. Is this U-verse or the LIVE servers or what?

I had a few laggy matches but it wasn't unbearable. My connection and matches were noticeably better when it was open though...

Effect

Has anyone been playing the PC version? How's performance? Population? Is the NAT situation similar to the consoles with it being moderate or strict?

Ryck

I just couldn't stomach the lag anymore (playing on 360) and sold this piece of shit. My connections were just absolutely fucking rubbish 90 % of the time and was barely able to get more kills than deaths even though I've usually been a+2.0 k/d player in the previous games (at least when it comes to TDM). Anyway, went back to MW2/MW3 and had no trouble kicking ass there. Probably gonna stick with MW3 from now on to get my COD fix..
I was just sitting here considering that myself, it has been a few days since I have played it and I just don't feel like I could go back to it. Especially now that people have learned how to use the lag for their benefit.

Slizz

I clearly get better connections from like 7am-1pm EST. Then once 2 or 3PM hits it turns to shit for the rest of the day.

So I posted before about how my NAT magically changed to open (Xbox360). Well when double XP started this weekend it switched back to strict. Is this U-verse or the LIVE servers or what?

I had a few laggy matches but it wasn't unbearable. My connection and matches were noticeably better when it was open though...

NAT doesn't have an effect on how laggy a match is, only who you can connect with.

MechDX

Yemen's awesome. Love that map. Though I'm so sick of Hijacked.

Here here! its so awesome to get placed with a bunch of randoms and a team that works together pins you in your spawn on Domination.

Spawn in....shotgun to the head

Tamanon

Banned
It's like the game is trying to keep me in the Chaos Moshpit. Every single time I go to a different mode, it seems I'm stuck on Raid. I don't like that map at all.

Raid, Carrier and Plaza I can live without. The rest are just fine.

Magik

I was just sitting here considering that myself, it has been a few days since I have played it and I just don't feel like I could go back to it. Especially now that people have learned how to use the lag for their benefit.

Change up your play style to balance things out. I ended up having to do that by going away from the Run 'n' Gun SMG to a more patient AR play style. Ever since I switched it up, my k/d has been steadily going up to the point where I'm almost at 2 k/d.

Ryck

Change up your play style to balance things out. I ended up having to do that by going away from the Run 'n' Gun SMG to a more patient AR play style. Ever since I switched it up, my k/d has been steadily going up to the point where I'm almost at 2 k/d.
What does your class look like?

Hellish

Any other PC players in here got called a cheater 24/7? I tell people to watch my films but they don't care I estimate I get reported 2-3 times per game.

Any other PC players in here got called a cheater 24/7? I tell people to watch my films but they don't care I estimate I get reported 2-3 times per game.

Nope but it happens just about every game on PS3, followed immediately by racial messages in my inbox and threats that my account was reported.

Makoto

Has anyone been playing the PC version? How's performance? Population? Is the NAT situation similar to the consoles with it being moderate or strict?
Performance is good, better than the first BO. Treyarch kept to their word when they said they were serious about optimization on PC. Population is small. Being in North America, it takes a bit while longer to find a non-TDM/Domination game in the morning and early afternoon. Not familiar with the NAT situation.

I don't respond to that stuff. If they want to make themselves feel good by saying they've reported me, then let them be I say.

Magik

What does your class look like?

To be honest, each AR, for me at least, is completely different from one another. The only attachment that is on all my ARs is the Stock. Being mobile is so important when you take into account the lag and how fast people who run with SMGs, especially those equipped with light weight.

Having the stock on at least allows me to turn corners with my ADS up so that if I do get caught running into a guy with an smg, I'll reduce that persons advantage since with SMGs users can ADS faster and they already have a mobility advantage. You don't win all the battles, but at least it gives you a better chance of winning those gun fights.

If I were to give a examples of some of my AR set ups:

- M8A1 (or whatever the fuck the 2nd last AR you unlock with the 4-round burst)
Attachments: Red Dot, Stock, Grip
- MTAR
Attachments: Red Dot, Silencer, Stock
- Scar
Attachments: Select Fire, Silencer, Stock

In terms of perks, Dexterity + Tac Mask, Flak Jacket are a must when you consider how much random garbage is lying around the maps. Scavenger and Toughness are solid Tier 2 perks as well.

And of course map knowledge is important. Know your power points, lines of sights, head glitch spots, high traffic areas, flanking routes. Simply put yourself in the best position to win your gun fights.

Now if lag is really bad, simply leave the match. Fuck that bullshit.

Nabs

The PC version is really good, there just doesn't seem to be many people playing.

Planning on getting this for Christmas, but not sure which version.

Is there a platform excluding PC, that has better lag compensation? Or are they all shit?

Top Bottom