• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Damian

How do I go back and complete all the objectives in my combat record for each level?

When I beat the game, if I go to "replay mission" it says it won't save my progress...but when I go to 'new game' it says it will overwrite my old save file.

If I recall correctly, the challenges are saved when you replay the mission. It's the Plot decisions you make that aren't saved.

150 more kills, and I unlock my first gold gun since COD 4. The Golden FAL. I have completed all challenges except the ones that require you to get 150 kills with no perks and no attachments.

Its kind of sucky. I don't know if diamonds are in my future. thats just too much of a chore man.

150 more kills, and I unlock my first gold gun since COD 4. The Golden FAL. I have completed all challenges except the ones that require you to get 150 kills with no perks and no attachments.

Its kind of sucky. I don't know if diamonds are in my future. thats just too much of a chore man.

FAL was my first gold (since the gold DE in mw LOL)

When I go into the Elite app, certain challenges for my FAL, like the ones using no attachments and longshots etc, are at 0%, but I never use any attachments and I always get longshots etc. Is this a bug in the game or the app? Anyone else have this experience? On my second prestige with the gun how are these challenges stuck at 0%?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
When I go into the Elite app, certain challenges for my FAL, like the ones using no attachments and longshots etc, are at 0%, but I never use any attachments and I always get longshots etc. Is this a bug in the game or the app? Anyone else have this experience? On my second prestige with the gun how are these challenges stuck at 0%?

Have to get the headshot challenges first.

Sethos

Banned
I have to ask the PC users, anyone actually using lean? Just noticed I have never used lean once :p Seems like a deathtrap in HC.

I think I might hate this game. The campaign was pretty great, but the multiplayer is just so broken I don't think I can keep playing anymore. I don't know why they're always trying to make the multiplayer more fast paced with every iteration, CoD 4 was amazing because of the tactical pace it took. Not this "Lets constantly drop an enemy three feet away from you so you have something to shoot at" garbage. It's like they're so scared of campers, they've turned every player into a Berserker. If I'm not constantly running in a direction and shooting wildly, the entire enemy team is going to spawn behind me.

DRE Fei

Absolute WORST connections out of the last 5 cods.

I grinded all the way to prestige master a few days ago. I really do want to like this game, but it's not working out dudes. I tried my best, but I can't stand it anymore. Treyarch truly is the "B" team and this game proves it. It's actually even worse than the previous game, which I didn't even think was possible since that game was a big piece of hot garbage. The only decent thing these guys ever did was world at war, but those days are long gone. Anyone who thinks they should be in the driver's seat for this franchise now must be delusional. This developer will never be as good as the original infinity ward. They should just stick to zombies and let someone else handle the multiplayer.

I grinded all the way to prestige master a few days ago. I really do want to like this game, but it's not working out dudes. I tried my best, but I can't stand it anymore. Treyarch truly is the "B" team and this game proves it. It's actually even worse than the previous game, which I didn't even think was possible since that game was a big piece of hot garbage. The only decent thing these guys ever did was world at war, but those days are long gone. Anyone who thinks they should be in the driver's seat for this franchise now must be delusional. This developer will never be as good as the original infinity ward.

Why do you think they're the B team when IW came out with something like MW3? BLOPS2 is so much better than that game. Yes the current IW and Treyarch will never make as good games as the old IW.

Guys EMP is really fucking good to get high killstreaks. Orbital VSAT+EMP and there's a great chance to get the top ks of your choice. A few times i've reached the next streak without actually killing anyone after that. Also use hardline for that extra 20% score. Plus EMP helps your whole team out.

aku:jiki

Why do you think they're the B team when IW came out with something like MW3? BLOPS2 is so much better than that game. Yes the current IW and Treyarch will never make as good games as the old IW.
I'm hoping so badly that Respawn's first game is just exactly like CoD but with better craftsmanship. Like a massive middle finger to Activision for fucking them over, to tell new IW and Treyarch how the fuck it's done.

But I think I heard that their next game is some scifi adventure or some shit. :(

I think I might hate this game. The campaign was pretty great, but the multiplayer is just so broken I don't think I can keep playing anymore. I don't know why they're always trying to make the multiplayer more fast paced with every iteration, CoD 4 was amazing because of the tactical pace it took. Not this "Lets constantly drop an enemy three feet away from you so you have something to shoot at" garbage. It's like they're so scared of campers, they've turned every player into a Berserker. If I'm not constantly running in a direction and shooting wildly, the entire enemy team is going to spawn behind me.

Agreed, the spawning continues to ruin the MP

DRE Fei

MW3 was a group of new people that Activision brought in after Zampella, West and a bunch of the original crew left. That game was not great either, but mostly because of the maps and spawns. Blops 2 continues the horrible new trend of bad maps and spawns, but also has more lag than any cod I've ever played. Even when I try to play the most populated playlists, it's still horrible. They should be embarrassed to release the game in this state. I hear the PC version is decent, but the console version is an absolute joke because of the connections.

Absolute WORST connections out of the last 5 cods.

I grinded all the way to prestige master a few days ago. I really do want to like this game, but it's not working out dudes. I tried my best, but I can't stand it anymore. Treyarch truly is the "B" team and this game proves it. It's actually even worse than the previous game, which I didn't even think was possible since that game was a big piece of hot garbage. The only decent thing these guys ever did was world at war, but those days are long gone. Anyone who thinks they should be in the driver's seat for this franchise now must be delusional. This developer will never be as good as the original infinity ward. They should just stick to zombies and let someone else handle the multiplayer.

Agreed. I think Treyarch has improved with each of their games, but I still see them as the b-team.

Opinions. I thought and continue to think MW3 is a very good game. In fact, I think my only major complaint with it is the overpowered assassin perk.

This is the first COD where I feel the SP was letdown by the MP. Lots of cool stuff happens in the SP -- cool gadgets, weapons, locations, arenas. And much of that isn't even in the MP, not to mention the terrible lag.

The locations in SP were actually very big and well-thought out, with multiple pathways to some of the levels which REALLY opens it up, at least compared to past CODs. But then the MP...the maps are THE EXACT OPPOSITE. Everything is small and contained to get players constantly coming up against one another. It DESTROYS the experience IMO.

Infinity Ward is terrible and give zero fucks about their community. Period. Modern Warfare 3 was the worst abomination of a game I have ever put into my 360.

Grinded to Prestige Master too and love the game for the most part.

Infinity Ward can kiss my ass. Treyarch has won me over and I hated the first blops.

Infinity Ward is terrible and give zero fucks about their community. Period. Modern Warfare 3 was the worst abomination of a game I have ever put into my 360.

Grinded to Prestige Master too and love the game for the most part.

Infinity Ward can kiss my ass. Treyarch has won me over and I hated the first blops.

How does one show they "give fucks" about their community? Is that shown by releasing a game with lag issues more notable than previous COD games? Does that show by shipping your game with a ridiculous aim assist bug where you routinely find your reticule following enemies behind walls?

I have never noticed lag issues. I have a very good connection though so who knows. Never heard of the other bug. Ever. At least 3arc will fix them instead of ignoring it like IW does.

aku:jiki

Eh, wsoxfan, you're talking exclusively about MW2 right now, and there was kind of a legit reason why that game didn't get much support... They didn't have any employees to fucking do it! CoD4 and MW3 have had a bunch of support. MW3 had a playlist update a week for a good few months there.

(Doesn't make MW3 a good game, but still.)

I still seem to remember IW being unresponsive in mw3. Mw2 I loved. Regardless, mw3 was a piece of shit. I actually enjoy playing this one and hated treyarch before this game.

DRE Fei

I still seem to remember IW being unresponsive in mw3. Mw2 I loved. Regardless, mw3 was a piece of shit. I actually enjoy playing this one and hated treyarch before this game.

MW3 being bad doesn't make BO2 great, sorry. So you have a great connection. Good for you. What about everyone else who's having problems? You're like an ostrich with it's head in the sand. Both developers are releasing garbage now. People need to wake up.

It's cool how you go for the strawman instead of actually acknowledging that mw3 was a piece of shit and this is leagues better. Not to mention they actually made an effort to change some shit up and put out a great SP experience as well. Of course mp has issues, but it's better than blops1, mw3, about on par with mw2 and not quite up to cod4. Next time, address my points instead of attacking me with names and such like a child.

DRE Fei

It's cool how you go for the strawman instead of actually acknowledging that mw3 was a piece of shit and this is leagues better. Not to mention they actually made an effort to change some shit up and put out a great SP experience as well. Of course mp has issues, but it's better than blops1, mw3, about on par with mw2 and not quite up to cod4. Next time, address my points instead of attacking me with names and such like a child.

There's no strawman here. I already said MW3 is trash, just like this game. Learn to read before you respond. Sledgehammer is like the NFL replacement refs. The connections are horrible and the maps are horrible in both games. COD is in the toilet. End of story.

What is this crap? First day, lag was not noticeable at all. Filter my search to "Best" and it lags often, with FREEZES for like 2 seconds. I think this is due to the texture installation, it's so annoying

So it took forever, but I finally did it.

VqUzA.jpg

If you want your specials diamond do sticks and stones for ballistic knife and crossbow and FFA for riot shield.

Madtown_

Played this today for the first time in a few weeks.
..More laggy than I remembered it being. If I'm host, I dominate. When I'm not host, I do something in between bad and terrible. Makes it difficult for me to enjoy the game, which is a shame, since it's the best gameplay since Mw2.

eek5

Anyone on 360 want to add me for some Kill Confirmed? Best game type! It's all I play.

GT: Blazing xKnight

You need to chill out with taking all the tags bro. There were several times where I was standing right next to you with SMG, getting triple then stepping forward to grab the three tags and you'd steal some from me, preventing me from getting a UAV. It's great to grab flags when your teammates are far away but grabbing them when everyone is in the same spot is just selfish man.

There are a ton of times where you'd be near me trying to steal my tags and would just rush blindly and get us both killed as well. I can't even count how many times that happened but it's pretty annoying.

I never hated Treyarch but always felt they were the "B" team. I thought COD2 was stellar so I was a bit let down by COD3. MW1 was a stellar game and I felt no inclination to go back to the WW2 era with World at War. MW2 was great but had some faults. I was hopeful that BLOPS would take the genre further but it was just disappointing. I believe it was the first COD/MW game I actually traded in (but I did hang around at least until the first map pack). MW3 felt like MW2 but the maps became small, frenzied, and cluttered with SMGs having more dominance with quick-scopers galore. It seems like they took the stuff that mad MW3 bad, repackaged it and made it worse with a nice topping of terrible net code.

BD1

Banned
Any clue what the Wii U update does?

I went to play a few minutes ago, and it launched the software updating screen.

DukeSucks

What happens when you prestige your stinger since there are no attachments? Almost to gold camo, and don't want to lose all that progress.

I have never noticed lag issues. I have a very good connection though so who knows. Never heard of the other bug. Ever. At least 3arc will fix them instead of ignoring it like IW does.

Never noticed lag issues, and never encountered the aim assist bug that every player encounters about every minute they're in the multiplayer?

Got it. I guess I know how big of a grain of salt to take you observations with.

Fantasmo

It's mind boggling how inconsistent the experience is. At my place I can't accomplish a hill of beans. They see me and I'm dead. If I even expose one pixel at my place I'm dead. It's like playing against real life Special Forces lol. I'm negative CONSTANTLY.

But last night I played at my sister's house on her fiance's PS3. First game, no warmup, didn't even create a class, just used his LMG class I scored 42-10 Raid Domination Ground War.

I had a couple moments to pick my shots, back off and regain health, I played the game and it felt right. No cheap deaths, no blaming the game, handed out and received damage, etc. What was happening in game felt true to what I was seeing. That experience is consistent to how I play MW2 at home.

Black Ops 2 would be fucking incredible if they could figure out and fix what is killing it for people like me at my place. It's a shame they can't or won't.

Top Bottom