• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

aku:jiki

Probably because there's too much bullshit layered on top of it from killstreaks, elite integration, more gadgets and not to mention the netcode has probably been tinkered with beyond recognition.

CoD 4 was simple while every game after that get more complex.
The popular theory is that they had to re-write the netcode in order to include theater mode, and they simply couldn't do it as well as id did with the Q3A netcode (which is what CoD4 and MW2 used).

Magik

The popular theory is that they had to re-write the netcode in order to include theater mode, and they simply couldn't do it as well as id did with the Q3A netcode (which is what CoD4 and MW2 used).

There's probably some truth to it. At some point, everything that has been added on top of CoD4 must have required some substantial coding/recoding for it to all work together.

Bottom line, at some point, something changed that resulted in the bizarre netcode/experience we have today, which is really unfortunate since BLOPS2 is a really solid game, but is a pain in the ass to play.

JB1981

Probably because there's too much bullshit layered on top of it from killstreaks, elite integration, more gadgets and not to mention the netcode has probably been tinkered with beyond recognition.

CoD 4 was simple while every game after that get more complex.

mw2 has good netcode too

MisterC20XX

I just bought the PS3 version yesterday and I wasn't aware of this master prestige glitch. I played a couple hours last night for the first time and after watching some YouTube videos about the glitch it all makes sense now. In public matches you see a lot of players who are master prestige who don't, um, seem to have a lot of skill. It's crazy to get into a public FFA match and everyone is master prestige. I'm not saying they all used the glitch, but you can sometimes tell who did. Some people even brag about it and offer to help others glitch for money. I hope Treyarch fixes this soon.

I might be an easy-going, semi-casual noob trying to figure things out but at least I can say I got to level 11 the old fashioned way: I earned it! ;-)

Dreaver

I just started playing Hardcore Kill Confirmed. I like it a lot more than regular deathmatch. However, I have one huge whine about it, or actually two:
- When people betray you, your points reset.
- Accidental killing your team mates with airstrikes. I have been kicked out of at least 3 games in the past two hours, ARGHH!!

adelante

Been averaging ard 1.5-2.5 kdr when all of a sudden I finished a couple of TDM rounds with exactly 34/6 twice in a row, heh. Amazing what careful ammo conservation and no reload spamming can do to your playing skill.

R870 with Laser Sight and Long Barrel
Lightweight/Ghost
Cold Blooded
Engineer/Extreme Conditioning

Such a beast setup for Kill Confirmed. Try it out.

Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning compliment each other really well, and allows you to maneuver the maps quicker and for a longer duration than everyone else, while being undetected by UAV spammers every 15 seconds. Engineer allows you to see where the Bouncing Betties, Shock Charges, Sentry Guns and Guardians are located, so you can see where potential campers may be at.

It's better to hip fire with the R870 since ADSing will give the other player an advantage, since there's a slight delay in ADSing. Hip firing also had a tighter spread and just allows you to fire faster with accuracy from the laser sight.

eek5

CoD logic - Hand guns can out shoot shot guns close range.

smh.

pistols are overpowered as fuck

IjRoY.png

better than most my primaries lmao

Makoto

Lightweight/Ghost
Cold Blooded

Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning compliment each other really well, and allows you to maneuver the maps quicker and for a longer duration than everyone else, while being undetected by UAV spammers every 15 seconds. Engineer allows you to see where the Bouncing Betties, Shock Charges, Sentry Guns and Guardians are located, so you can see where potential campers may be at.

It's better to hip fire with the R870 since ADSing will give the other player an advantage, since there's a slight delay in ADSing. Hip firing also had a tighter spread and just allows you to fire faster with accuracy from the laser sight.
Why Cold Blooded though?

eek5

Hip firing also had a tighter spread and just allows you to fire faster with accuracy from the laser sight.

That's not true. ADS has a 2 degree spread. It's MUCH tighter than hip firing w/ or w/o laser sight. I believe it's 10 deg w/o laser sight. I forget what it is w/ LS but it isn't as small as 2 degrees.

Nori Chan

Lightweight/Ghost
Cold Blooded

I use toughness on my Shotgun class. But yeah mine is similar, except engineer is dexterity and I use stock or the quickdraw.

Also I use a C4 as a "long range" weapon lol

Played this today for the first time in a few weeks.
..More laggy than I remembered it being. If I'm host, I dominate. When I'm not host, I do something in between bad and terrible. Makes it difficult for me to enjoy the game, which is a shame, since it's the best gameplay since Mw2.

I can deal with it once and awhile but when it happens the majority of the time I'm playing I cant do it. It really felt like it had somehow gotten a little better the past week or so, still some issues here and there but not rage inducing like it was.

Then I got on early today. Played 6 or 7 games and rage had been induced once again. Every game felt like it was a few weeks ago - like I'm half a second slower than everyone else. Backed out of rooms twice to try and get a better room. Every game was garbage like that. Meh...

You need to chill out with taking all the tags bro. There were several times where I was standing right next to you with SMG, getting triple then stepping forward to grab the three tags and you'd steal some from me, preventing me from getting a UAV. It's great to grab flags when your teammates are far away but grabbing them when everyone is in the same spot is just selfish man.

There are a ton of times where you'd be near me trying to steal my tags and would just rush blindly and get us both killed as well. I can't even count how many times that happened but it's pretty annoying.

I do that. I'm not waiting around to see if someone is coming to get the tags or not. The team that finishes with the most tags wins. There are so many people that sit in windows or behind a box somewhere aiming down a corridor (that should be playing team deathmatch instead) that I'm not gonna run by a tag and not grab it.

Diamond'd my shotguns today. Went quite smoothly, the only minor hitch was getting 1-hit kills with the M1216. It's great at killing, just not great at killing on the first shot.

Messed around with the clip editor functionality a bit and tossed a video online for testing. Cherrypicked some of the better moments during my M1216 leveling on Express: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap36MPOm4OU

HiiiLife

When I get killed out in the cornfield on Tranzit..

"The children of the coooooornnnnn"

*kendrick voice*

Zombies, Good Kid Maad City, alcohol = fun time with the friends.

Dreaver

In my opinion this is a pretty damn strong setup:
MSMC
- FMJ, Reflex (I suck without)

Lightweight, Hardline, Fast Hands, Dexterity
Semtex, concussion
Since I started using this I am doing pretty damn good.

Oh and, Turret is sooo strong on hardcore :D

eek5

I do that. I'm not waiting around to see if someone is coming to get the tags or not. The team that finishes with the most tags wins. There are so many people that sit in windows or behind a box somewhere aiming down a corridor (that should be playing team deathmatch instead) that I'm not gonna run by a tag and not grab it.

It's cool when you play alone but in a party it's stupid. What ended up happening is I'd just get more aggressive trying to get my own tags that we'd end up both dying as I raced him to get +100.

I understand if I'm in mid-long range and someone confirms my kills but he was literally racing me, into danger, to grab tags from enemies I killed in shotgun range.. dafuq

Sethos

Banned
how many people are in that playlist? 7?

Oh there's plenty, you still see a lot of familiar faces though so it's not exactly a crowded playlist. It's just a trifecta of goodies people don't want to touch; no respawn, insta-death and on PC. Probably one of the least used playlists of all platforms combined :p

On another note, never saw myself go exclusive with one weapon but used a permanent token on the AN-94 and it's such an enjoyable weapon to use.

Acinixys

Just had my first game over 10K points. Ended with 25000 playing headquarters. 84-20 with 10 caps and 30 defends. Lightning Strike is a beast in this mode. Cap the point and then wait till your team is wiped out. Strike on the box. BOOM!, 5+ kills. And they fall for it every time

Sethos

Banned
Man I wish they would do some tweaking in Hardcore and some general options:

- Team Damage in HC is way too high, so many teamkills it's crazy and you can't even blame people because when the mode is that intense you shoot per reaction. Wish they'd up the damage to Core levels of damage on teammates. A TK in S&D can be disastrous for the outcome. ( God the amount of times I've been destroying the other team, then had that random greenhorn shoot me only to lose the round )

- Give us a mercenary S&D list, for the love of god. Sick of playing against these 5-6 big guns who are very clearly working together on Teamspeak or whatever they use. Ends up being a massive steamroll when you meet these guys ... Which is too often.

- Give me an option to remove the A & B bombsite tags, they are way too big, always obscure my view and I've been killed multiple times because of them. I've played the maps a million times, I know where the bombsites are. Then add a little subtle ring for the bombsite where the bomb is planted or needs to be defended. Same goes with a non-carried bomb, a small subtle tag for the love of christ.

If they could fix this I'd be in heaven.

eek5

Just make it ricochet. As long as there are hosts on console, it doesn't make sense to have team damage on when host can just grief by killing everyone and never be booted. Either make it first 3 kills are TK then switch to ricochet or make it ricochet all the time. I think the TTKs are still probably too fast for 300% HC HP for team only although it would be another "solution" to the issue.

That solution is probably trickier to code. They've done ricochet before and it worked so I don't understand why they've gone away from it.

I've only been booted 3 times from HC modes for TK. All the times I was at the top of the scoreboard with my team winning. Feels bad man

Dreaver

Man I wish they would do some tweaking in Hardcore and some general options:

- Team Damage in HC is way too high, so many teamkills it's crazy and you can't even blame people because when the mode is that intense you shoot per reaction. Wish they'd up the damage to Core levels of damage on teammates. A TK in S&D can be disastrous for the outcome. ( Got the amount of times I've been destroying the other team, then had that random greenhorn shoot me only to lose the round )

If they could fix this I'd be in heaven.
I agree with this. It's one of the things I really dislike about hardcore. You die way to quick in my opinion. I have killed (and been killed) dozen of teammates who walked in front of my scope or airstrike.

Maddocks

they patched some problems for zombies on pc, when is ps3/xbox going to get that fix? it wasn't in the patch notes for consoles but was for pc, that's why I ask.

Man, the prestige master exploit on PS3 is out of control. I was in a room where nearly everyone but me was a prestige master yet my overall stats were much higher than theirs.

Acinixys

Some naked FAL action:
http://youtu.be/Tx8opU925a8

Can't wait to put Stock + Suppressor + Select Fire on it. Or maybe I'll replace the Suppressor with Quick Draw or Reflex Sight. What say you?

Select Fire isnt that great. You can spam faster than select fire can shoot. Also, select has dickloads more recoil than semi auto. My FAL has Foregrip, Stock and Hybrid Optics. You can switch the optics for something else, but i really feel that Hybrid makes you deadly, no matter the range.

I also discovered Millimeter scanner. Sweet lord its OP. Especially on Hardpoint/Headquarters

>Trophy System is worthless at the moment. Its destroyed after killing 1 nade. It should be at least 3...

kyo27

Good gameplay, but I don't think it's anything special considering he's just using the killstreaks to get the majority of his kills and looping them over and over.

Now if he did that score or something closer with nothing but gun skill, than I would be amazed.

If I had to guess, I would say 2/3 of those kills were from the swarms and dogs. I wonder if he would even be able to get those scorestreaks in TDM since you don't get the objective bonus points for scorestreaks which are pretty massive.

Top Bottom