• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

snacknuts

we all knew her
Some naked FAL action:
http://youtu.be/Tx8opU925a8

Can't wait to put Stock + Suppressor + Select Fire on it. Or maybe I'll replace the Suppressor with Quick Draw or Reflex Sight. What say you?

I haven't been playing this game very long, but the FAL has become my go-to gun on most maps (I pretty much play TDM exclusively). I have been using ACOG + select fire and have been happy with the results. You probably CAN spam the trigger faster than switching it to full auto, but I'm not very good at doing that. I might have to try the Hybrid optics, though; the only reason I haven't is because you can't use it with the select fire attachment.

Good gameplay, but I don't think it's anything special considering he's just using the killstreaks to get the majority of his kills and looping them over and over.

Now if he did that score or something closer with nothing but gun skill, than I would be amazed.

Really.

Let's say he got 2/3 of his kills with his scorestreaks...that means he still went somewhere in the area of 60-0. And that's not anything special to you? You must be an incredible player.

Radec

Really.

Let's say he got 2/3 of his kills with his scorestreaks...that means he still went somewhere in the area of 60-0. And that's not anything special to you? You must be an incredible player.

People who dont find that great are probably averaging 50 a game with scorestreaks just uav and cuav but have theater mode off so they cant post it.

Fantasmo

Really.

Seriously lol. He played the objective and didn't die on Raid of all places and ran out of ammo several times. It's not like he was just sneak flanking or taking cross map potshots from A. He was at B most of the match. He was as aggressive as you can be in a deathless match.

Halcyon

The thing I noticed is his hit detection and lag seemed like the very best. I want to see how he does in a game where shooting people seems ineffective and dudes are jumping out around corners for insta death.

That being said it was pretty amazing.

Madtown_

EL PRESADOR commentates a guy going 163-0 in a Domination game.

WORLD RECORD 163 KILLS 0 DEATHS CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2

That's impressive, but it brings me back to the days of the first black ops where everyone just cycled chopper gunner, dogs, and the blackbird. It shows off how ridiculously overpowered the blackbird is, both in this game and the first black ops.

If you are playing well you can get a good cycle going..it's just that it's much, much more difficult to do in this game.

I like how elpresador said 167-0 about 8 times in the video, then it ends up being 163-0.

aku:jiki

That's impressive, but it brings me back to the days of the first black ops where everyone just cycled chopper gunner, dogs, and the blackbird. It shows off how ridiculously overpowered the blackbird is, both in this game and the first black ops.
You mean aside from the fact that killstreaks didn't cycle until MW3?

Madtown_

You mean aside from the fact that killstreaks didn't cycle until MW3?

You're a troll.

In black ops, get the high streak, die, call in blackbird, rinse, repeat. Hence, a cycle.
My point is that it is more overpowered than any other streak in the series. Luckily it's more difficult to obtain in BO2.

Atleast in this game you wont see people who went 5-20 calling stealth bombers and emp.
That's true. One of the most annoying things about mw3 was losing a game of demolition because some players worked their way to an emp or stealth bomber after 12 minutes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

If you are playing well you can get a good cycle going..it's just that it's much, much more difficult to do in this game.

I like how elpresador said 167-0 about 8 times in the video, then it ends up being 163-0.

Yeah, and I think only about 30 of those kills were with a gun, lol.

You're a troll.

In black ops, get the high streak, die, call in blackbird, rinse, repeat. Hence, a cycle.
My point is that it is more overpowered than any other streak in the series. Luckily it's more difficult to obtain in BO2.

In Black Ops 2, it's still an 8 killstreak if not even less with hardline.
Cause with hardline it's 1000 score, which is usually around anywhere between 6-8 kills.
In kill confirmed, it's a 6 or 7 killstreak with hardline.
If anything, it's easier to get it this time around and since killstreaks stack, then after you go through all 3 of your killstreaks, you should already be halfway to your next one, which then makes it only approximately a 3 or 4 killstreak.

eek5

Some naked FAL action:
http://youtu.be/Tx8opU925a8

Can't wait to put Stock + Suppressor + Select Fire on it. Or maybe I'll replace the Suppressor with Quick Draw or Reflex Sight. What say you?

I switched back to non-SF for FAL. The recoil is a bit much. Before you could just hold the trigger down and wreck shit at all ranges but now you have to think about the recoil, letting off the trigger, etc. I don't think it's worth a point anymore considering you can fire at a higher RPM w/ no recoil without it. I just hipfire in close range to keep it competitive if I get jumped on.

You shouldn't be able to keep running them and kill streaks shouldn't feed kill streaks. Just my opinion.

Even worse in KC where you get full points for everything pretty much since you can grab tags for +100.

Makoto

Treyarch really needs to stop with the banhammer message of the day on PC. I get it. Cheating scrubs will get banned. Okay.

Would also appreciate it if Steam would stop with the 1-second disconnects that get me timed out from games and into the main menu.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions on the FAL, everyone. I think I'll hold off on putting SF on it and just put Stock and try out the Hybrid Optics. I think I'll put Quick Draw on it since I ADS with it a lot.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, hey! The campaign is actually good! Really enjoyed playing it.

Magik

Really.

Never said I was an incredible player, average at best.

That said, I still say it isn't that special. Probably because I've seen tons of videos of players going 100+ and what do they all have in common? Relying on killstreaks and looping them over and over and taking advantage of his enemies being distracted by those killstreaks.

I'd be more impressed if he pulled off a flawless match going 30-0 in an actual competitive setting, GB or league play, no killstreaks, rather than using killstreaks as a crutch on a bunch of pubs.

Never said I was an incredible player, average at best.

That said, I still say it isn't that special. Probably because I've seen tons of videos of players going 100+ and what do they all have in common? Relying on killstreaks and looping them over and over and taking advantage of his enemies being distracted by those killstreaks.

I'd be more impressed if he pulled off a flawless match going 30-0 in an actual competitive setting, GB or league play, no killstreaks, rather than using killstreaks as a crutch on a bunch of pubs.

To not die once while operating a killstreak is impressive.
I always die in my laptops because these maps have nowhere to hide.
(or whatever they are now since they're no longer laptops :p)

kyo27

To not die once while operating a killstreak is impressive.
I always die in my laptops because these maps have nowhere to hide.
(or whatever they are now since they're no longer laptops :p)

All the killstreaks he used were just quick d-pad presses though. Anyways, its pretty easy to get kills when the other team is distracted by dogs, swarms, and trying to get the objective at the same time. And on top of that the VSAT was up for pretty much the entire game, so he knew where the other team was at all times.

Makoto

Really.

It's not that he's good. It's that his opponents were bad. Seriously, in the beginning of the second round, only ONE person on the opposing team went in the direction of B, allowing him to cap it and boost his scorestreak. It doesn't surprise me at all that the weapons he used initially were SMGs (the MSMC with a suppressor is one of the best combinations in the game).

That first minute of the match probably would have been a different story had he been using an assault rifle or LMG minus a suppressor and without the assistance of a UAV or VSAT. Granted, his KDR still would have been pretty high because of the awful competition. I've seen those types of players. They've got smart positioning but really, the real reason they're playing so well is because their competition is not good. I've been thrown into games that were in-progress and the guys on the opposing team had scores of 11-0 and as soon as I see them, I take them out easily because all they're doing is using the best setups (the SMGs) against players who are running around with assault rifles and LMGs or cannot aim with SMGs themselves.

Magik

It's not that he's good. It's that his opponents were bad. Seriously, in the beginning of the second round, only ONE person on the opposing team went in the direction of B, allowing him to cap it and boost his scorestreak. It doesn't surprise me at all that the weapons he used initially were SMGs (the MSMC with a suppressor is one of the best combinations in the game).

That first minute of the match probably would have been a different story had he been using an assault rifle or LMG minus a suppressor and without the assistance of a UAV or VSAT. Granted, his KDR still would have been pretty high because of the awful competition. I've seen those types of players. They've got smart positioning but really, the real reason they're playing so well is because their competition is not good. I've been thrown into games that were in-progress and the guys on the opposing team had scores of 11-0 and as soon as I see them, I take them out easily because all they're doing is using the best setups (the SMGs) against players who are running around with assault rifles and LMGs or cannot aim with SMGs themselves.

Playing against poor pub players is how all these youtube people get these high kill count games. Put them into an actual competitive environment with people of the same skill level and they won't do nearly as good.

Makoto

Playing against poor pub players is how all these youtube people get these high kill count games. Put them into an actual competitive environment with people of the same skill level and they won't do nearly as good.
The fact that people go gaga over these YouTube personalities shows how low the FPS playerbase has stooped over the decade. I still very much remember a time when showing off pub play would have earned the player the title of laughing stock of the community. These days people are easily impressed over the equivalent of a 17-year-old dunking on some elementary school kids in a game of basketball.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Really.

It's far under 60, watch the "merciless" medals pop up. I'd say only about 30ish of the kills are from his gun.

Edit: Rewatched. At 100 kills he just hits the 20 kill medal.

Edit 2: counted, he got exactly 31 kills with a gun. 31 kills out of 163. That's less than 1/5 of his kills. Yeah, his killstreaks did all the work.

Finally got to summon a Swarm from a care package!

Game ends 10 seconds later. :/

The high end killstreaks from care packages are so much more rare in this game than BO1. Out of 530 care packages I've had swarm once, never seen dogs and gotten VTOL twice. Thankfully VSAT is quite common, but EMP never appears.

However I'll still use care package over any other streaks. With engineer I'm almost always given something useful, and at such low points needed I would get two something usefulls before even reaching those higher streaks.

Radec

The high end killstreaks from care packages are so much more rare in this game than BO1. Out of 530 care packages I've had swarm once, never seen dogs and gotten VTOL twice. Thankfully VSAT is quite common, but EMP never appears.

However I'll still use care package over any other streaks. With engineer I'm almost always given something useful, and at such low points needed I would get two something usefulls before even reaching those higher streaks.

I didnt even know CP can give Swarm or Dogs. Seems too much imo.

And yeah, Engineer is a must if you're using care package. Rerolls always give me higher scorestreaks.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

In about the same amount of care packs I've got 1 swarm (with 6 kills left, got all 6), 2 Dogs (1 in S&D) and about 5 EMPs.

Engineer is fun, not so sure if it should have the care pack booby trap/disarm feature though.

Of course they would, that statement is not a slight though, it's the truth. If people were strictly matched to players strictly of their own skill level, we'd see player stats similar to what you see in Halo 3; everybody hovering around a 1 - 1.5 k/d. We have no idea how alot of these players would rank if this game was like Halo 3, but even as it is now, it's still hard to be so head and shoulders above most of the randoms you face and what SOME of these youtubers do from game to game is impressive.

But I do agree that the video posted earlier isn't as impressive as his score would lead you to believe.

Magik

I still can't make any sense of the spawn logic in this game.

At first I thought it was one revenge spawn and than a regular spawn away from the action but that went out the window today and last night. It makes no sense anymore! There were times where I would spawn only a few feet away from the guy who killed me or spawn in between multiple opponents. I even had teammates spawn in spots where I killed someone and take my dog tags.

What would be a good mode or method to get back into cod? I haven't played one since MW2 and I just got this for Xmas. I remember I liked playing domination and demolition

eek5

What would be a good mode or method to get back into cod? I haven't played one since MW2 and I just got this for Xmas. I remember I liked playing domination and demolition

play sharpshooter and discover all the spawn points and get used to different weapons

demo is a good mode to get pub stomped in

combat training is decent to start to learn maps. just stay out of objective combat training

fuenf

Man, the prestige master exploit on PS3 is out of control. I was in a room where nearly everyone but me was a prestige master yet my overall stats were much higher than theirs.

It's really out of control, almost every lobby has at least 2 prestige master players and most of them have the same rdiciulous stats: K/D around 4, 300-350 crossbows kills with an accuracy between 150 and 250% (crossbow K/D between 12 and 67...)

It really takes the fun out of the game :(

Top Bottom