• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

zeelman

Kill Confirmed is the best game type, IMO.

Anyway, you guys run into any Christmas noobs yet?

Nope, just the usual shitty connections against teams that completely destroy us. I feel like I'm giving these people free kills. In the last game I played tonight, a guy on the enemy team went 39-11 with the B23R. This game has all the same netcode issues as MW3. This guy was lightning fast in the killcams. He also knifed me in the back a few times. I love how you can't hear people five feet behind you in this game. I shouldn't need a perk for that. The announcer saying "terrible effort" at the end really pissed me off, too. I'm not the one who made a terrible effort, that would be Treyarch.

Can't believe I bought the Hardened Edition of this piece of shit. :(

ecurbj

Nope, just the usual shitty connections against teams that completely destroy us. I feel like I'm giving these people free kills. In the last game I played tonight, a guy on the enemy team went 39-11 with the B23R. This game has all the same netcode issues as MW3. This guy was lightning fast in the killcams. He also knifed me in the back a few times. I love how you can't hear people five feet behind you in this game. I shouldn't need a perk for that. The announcer saying "terrible effort" at the end really pissed me off, too. I'm not the one who made a terrible effort, that would be Treyarch.

Can't believe I bought the Hardened Edition of this piece of shit. :(

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

I bought the Harden Edition also.

I think the series has peaked at this point. Jumped on this morning on PS3 and there were 600k players online; it hasn't been that high since launch. Played about 6 hours and only had a single noob room full of xmas noobs.

I miss the MW2 days so bad. I really hope Zampella and West pick up where they left off and do things right again. The CoD series just isn't the same anymore when they balance everything and have 200 answers to every issue or 10 entrances to every room - it takes the fun out of it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Haha, planting a Bouncing Betty on the flag works everytime! I've been doing it for a few matches, and enemies keep falling for it.

edit: Also the knife is next to useless in this game

just started playing yesterday, and i hear kill confirmed is the best way to level up, faster than tdm?

also, im currently at level 16 using the mtar...do smgs still dominate the metagame? shoudl i switch to a run and gun type of loadout with the mp7 for now?

But I do agree that the video posted earlier isn't as impressive as his score would lead you to believe.

Its impressive to me for the simple fact that I cant go 2 minutes without some lag comp/spawn trap/someone spawning 5 feet away from me bullshit. It's not that impressive to me that he racked up all those kills with the 3 killstreaks that kept looping, but that he stayed alive the entire time given all the bullshit in this game is impressive. I know damn well I couldn't do it. I went like 37-4 the other day on HCKC and it felt like I won the fucking Superbowl.

Montresor

How does the saving and checkpoint system work in Black Ops 2's campaign?

I got 10 minutes into mission 2, and saw dozens of "Checkpoint Reached" messages. Then I had to leave my television for a bit. I was gone long enough for the controller I was using to turn off.

Then, my brother, in the other room, turned on his 360 controller, in an effort to turn on his own personal Xbox. However, last night, we sync'd that controller to my own Xbox to play some NHL matches. Therefore, when he turned his 360 controller on, it connected with my 360 as "Player One" in my Black Ops 2 session...

I had him sync his controller with his own Xbox, and when I turned on my own controller, no matter what I fucking did, it would persist as a "Player Two" controller because of what happened earlier. I was forced to navigate to the 360 dashboard. When I loaded my file using the "Resume story" option it brought me back to the beginning of mission 2.

So did this happen just because of the strange circumstances above, or does this happen under all circumstances (i.e. checkpoints are only session-specific, and go away if you end a session, forcing you to start a mission at the beginning every time you start a new console session).

You have to clean the area of enemies then you got a checkpoint or move to a cutscene to earn a save point too and sadly you can only save in Save and Quit option there is not a quicksave, you have to quit the chapter then resume.

Going for Diamond AR's god what a pain. I have the FAL and the AN golden. Close to getting the Type 25 golden. Such a pain.........................

Acinixys

Had one of my worst games ever. An entire clan joined the opposing team and proceeded to to rip my team a new one. We ended 80/180, so it wasnt so bad score wise, but its so frustrating playing an organized clan when all you have are randoms.

9LMIP.png

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone have tips for OSK's on the M1216 (final shotgun unlock)
Trying to get Diamond bling bling. Already went through the first two, saving the KSG for last.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What shotguns are you guys donging with?

I've been using earvcunanan's setup, the 870 is a monster. I want to use the KSG, but if you miss the first shot, you're kind of screwed.

Radec

Didn't know that getting those diamond camos is such a chore.

And Im already getting tired after getting my first Gold LMG lol.

Sethos

Banned
Anyone getting sick of dealing with the crappy lag compensation on the consoles and have just an average PC needs to get the PC version. I happily played the console version as with every other Call of Duty and figured the PC version would be cheat / rape central but man I was wrong. Not saying the hit detection and lag compensation is perfect but it's about 800% more tolerable on PC, I have yet to see my rage vein pulsate while going "OMG I SHOT YOU FIRST!".

I have encountered one cheater so far, ONE and it's such a fluid and great experience. I regret wasting so much time on the, frankly, abysmal console version. The much better visuals and FOV is just a very nice bonus. I will eat crow because I was so set on the console versions and "Ohh the PC version is the big bad bear".

Anyone who's on edge, give it a shot.

geekamania

Neo Member
Trying to get Diamond bling bling. Already went through the first two, saving the KSG for last.

I had the best luck aiming down the sight. For whatever reason that gave me a lot more OSKs than hipfiring. It was still the biggest pain of all the shotguns, though.

Man, my brain doesn't want to believe Driftor's results on his Grip tests. I still feel like it works and some of his results even showed a minor improvement.

I had the best luck aiming down the sight. For whatever reason that gave me a lot more OSKs than hipfiring. It was still the biggest pain of all the shotguns, though.

Aiming down the sight gives you a tighter spread on your pellets.

Also, is it me, or does one of the death sounds in this game sound like Oscar from Hey Arnold?

zeelman

One of my friends who got the gun Gold in core modes said to throw stun grenades to weaken enemies first.

Magik

There is something definitely wrong with the spawn logic on Hardcore Kill Confirmed on the PS3. They make no logical sense what so ever at the moment with everybody spawning in the most bizarre spots. I know its not just me considering how many people in-game are bitching about it. Maybe its the games way of preventing people from getting K9/Swarm loops.

Just go this for Xmas. So when i go online, there's like 3000 people in Team Deathmatch. That seems incredibly low. Am I missing something? And I thought Black Ops had server lists, did that not make it over to this one?

eek5

Just go this for Xmas. So when i go online, there's like 3000 people in Team Deathmatch. That seems incredibly low. Am I missing something? And I thought Black Ops had server lists, did that not make it over to this one?

What platform?

There is something definitely wrong with the spawn logic on Hardcore Kill Confirmed on the PS3. They make no logical sense what so ever at the moment with everybody spawning in the most bizarre spots. I know its not just me considering how many people in-game are bitching about it. Maybe its the games way of preventing people from getting K9/Swarm loops.

The spawns are fucked up in all modes. If you don't want to get spawned on, stay on the spawn side that has the most teammates and it usually won't spawn flip but sometimes it will.

Yeah I stopped using the foregrip on most of my classes, I use fast mag more often now, less death from running into someone while reloading,

Noobs dying to noob tubes. Love it! :D

Noob tubes are so garbage now.
It feels like I have to land a head shot with them to get a kill. Also, they take forever to reload. I feel as though developers have been too scared to make them viable, ever since the MW2 Danger Close controversy.

Cudder

I find it fascinating how many deaths come from behind in this game. It's like Treyarch actively developed the spawns so everyone gets shot in the back. You can be in a room, covering 2 entrances at the same time, and someone will come through the one you're not currently looking at 99% of the time.

You can be looking down a hallway through your sights, just waiting for someone to run down, and literally the second you turn around, someone will run around the corner and shoot you.

It's starting to get hilarious, tbh.

zeelman

I find it fascinating how many deaths come from behind in this game. It's like Treyarch actively developed the spawns so everyone gets shot in the back. You can be in a room, covering 2 entrances at the same time, and someone will come through the one you're not currently looking at 99% of the time.

You can be looking down a hallway through your sights, just waiting for someone to run down, and literally the second you turn around, someone will run around the corner and shoot you.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could hear footsteps, but you can't even hear people who are five feet behind you in this game.

Someone tell me why the netcode in Black Ops, MW3, and BO2 is so bad after how good it was in MW2. It is always what drives me to quit the latest COD game.

Shot in the Back Ops

The lag is unbearable tonight. Love having my setting set on "Best" yet get matched up with people in the United Kingdom. BO1 never did that.

rObit

Banned
PC, my bad.

Just got it for PC myself. Seems like the online community for it is pretty abysmal. As you said, about 3k people in TDM. Can't even find a league play match. According to the game there are 12 people in the playlist. Fucking sucks, I really wanted to get into the league stuff and I can't even find placement matches.

eek5

Noob tubes are so garbage now.
It feels like I have to land a head shot with them to get a kill. Also, they take forever to reload. I feel as though developers have been too scared to make them viable, ever since the MW2 Danger Close controversy.

Yeah, noob tube is TERRIBLE considering how good SMAW/RPG are (and you can replenish ammo on those!) I got the challenge with it and I still use them. The lethal radius is very small, like half a frag grenade or less. The ~50-70 damage radius is pretty big though so it's decent for finishing kills after people duck back into cover like this

Heres a triple kill I got w/ the tube as well lol

I love when people call me a noob for using it. They don't understand that I have to drop the 40mm grenade on someone's feet to get a kill or something.

Yeah, noob tube is TERRIBLE considering how good SMAW/RPG are (and you can replenish ammo on those!) I got the challenge with it and I still use them. The lethal radius is very small, like half a frag grenade or less. The ~50-70 damage radius is pretty big though so it's decent for finishing kills after people duck back into cover like this

Heres a triple kill I got w/ the tube as well lol

I love when people call me a noob for using it. They don't understand that I have to drop the 40mm grenade on someone's feet to get a kill or something.

lol. The slo-mo replay was great.

Almost got my first 100 kill game today, just one shy :(

On Kill Confirmed using the PDW with a Laser Sight and Suppressor. Got 3 VSATs, 3 Warthogs and 3 Swarms on Turbine. The Warthog just decided to go nuts for me today with 3-4 kills on each strafe run, then the Swarm was putting it work too. It was crazy @_@

Going to upload it later.

What shotguns are you guys donging with?

I've been using earvcunanan's setup, the 870 is a monster. I want to use the KSG, but if you miss the first shot, you're kind of screwed.

I think I've had enough fun with the 870, so I'm going to try out the other shotties now so I can unlock diamond camos. The recommendations for KSG seems to be Reflex + Stock + Long Barrel, then ADS. I won't be hip firing with the KSG, that's for sure. I think this will be my KSG build:

Long Barrel, Quickdraw, Stock (I might replace Quickdraw with a Reflex, but I'm going to do some testing first)
Ghost
Cold Blooded
Dexterity/Engineer

Don't got a problem with Target Finder users myself, but they seem to hate it when I blast them with my Remington, proceed to take their weapon, then use their own weapon against them.

Sethos

Banned
I'm really lost with my HC S&D class, can't find the golden standard.

I have two classes, one with my AN-94, two attachments ( Quickdraw / Stock ) and another with the MSMC with 3 attachments. Ghost, Cold Blooded and usually Extreme Conditioning for perks.

My main problem lies in the 3 attachments / Lethals and Tacticals decision. While Betties and Shockers can be great and also serve as a warning system, way too many people have taken up the Black Hat and Engineer. So it still serves as a slight pathetic warning at the cost of an extra attachment or even a useful perk while the Betties just end up turning on my teammates.

Third attachment is just a nice little bonus, however it takes up the possible slot of another perk but honestly, most perks are rubbish in this game outside of the one's mentioned. Especially in my gamemode.

Feels like the last 2 points aren't being spent very well. Could get a sidearm but that's an even bigger waste and with Foregrip apparently being a placebo which doesn't surprise me, I can barely fit 3 useful things on my weapon.

Top Bottom