• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Sethos

Banned
It's pretty easy to cover that walkway Hijacked, I always ran out to kill the first guy who appeared with mixed results. Much easier to stand here, wait for them and do some jump kills. They never see you.

blops27vkxh.gif

Played solo last night against against a team over 3 at least in TDM. I had most of the Christmas noobs on my team. They won the first two games pretty handily. When we finally got another good player and they lost they quit immediately. I love it how they roll out immediately when faced with some real competition.

RS4-

Anyone getting sick of dealing with the crappy lag compensation on the consoles and have just an average PC needs to get the PC version. I happily played the console version as with every other Call of Duty and figured the PC version would be cheat / rape central but man I was wrong. Not saying the hit detection and lag compensation is perfect but it's about 800% more tolerable on PC, I have yet to see my rage vein pulsate while going "OMG I SHOT YOU FIRST!".

I have encountered one cheater so far, ONE and it's such a fluid and great experience. I regret wasting so much time on the, frankly, abysmal console version. The much better visuals and FOV is just a very nice bonus. I will eat crow because I was so set on the console versions and "Ohh the PC version is the big bad bear".

Anyone who's on edge, give it a shot.

Yeah PC would have been the automatic choice for me, except that all my friends that do play COD, ended up getting it on 360 save for one person.

:(

So smgs didn't really get too impacted by the patch? I've been using the mtar for larger maps and the pdw for maps like hijacked, but it sounds like I should stick with smgs til I level up to get the msmc

Dreaver

Seriously, why does EVERYONE vote for Hijacked everytime? It's a cool map for games like Multiteam, but not for 6v6 Kill confirmed.

Seriously, why does EVERYONE vote for Hijacked everytime? It's a cool map for games like Multiteam, but not for 6v6 Kill confirmed.

Worst map in CoD history. I just leave the lobby if it's selected or leave the game entirely if it dumps me into an ongoing game on hijacked.

Dreaver

I have a question, I see people instantly destroying my turrets, I don't think they used rockets, what perk/equipment/thing is this?
It is perfect for 6v6 kill confirmed. almost everyone will get tons of points.
I hate it with a passion, and Kill Confirmed is all I play.

Does it bother anyone here that the guns are all futuristic or have no common equivalent in real life? It's hard for me to get attached to a gun if I can't recognize it. I miss the FAMAS; M19166, M4, AK-47 and so on. The guns in Black Ops 2 feel somewhat generic and soulless, in a bad way.

Sethos

Banned
Just had the most glorious starting round in S&D. Saw an entire clan, thought "Crap". I join late and get a quick kill, see 4 of them planting / defending, I threw my sticky and this happened ...

blops2lqjfx.gif

Have to love HC's screwed up damage values on impacting lethals and equipment :p

Emp Grenade....I think it only takes one to destroy a turret/guardian.

The EMP nade is so damn OP it's unreal; the radius on it needs to be tuned down big time. I remember playing on hijacked and someone threw one downstairs that killed 2 shock darts, 2 bouncing bettys, a guardian and an sentry gun that were all upstairs.

Just got it for PC myself. Seems like the online community for it is pretty abysmal. As you said, about 3k people in TDM. Can't even find a league play match. According to the game there are 12 people in the playlist. Fucking sucks, I really wanted to get into the league stuff and I can't even find placement matches.

Seriously this seems crazy. I never would have guessed there would be so few people playing the latest COD game. Even going into the most popular playlist I'm still not getting what I would call an 'acceptable' experience. I never would have guessed this a week ago.

rObit

Banned
Seriously this seems crazy. I never would have guessed there would be so few people playing the latest COD game. Even going into the most popular playlist I'm still not getting what I would call an 'acceptable' experience. I never would have guessed this a week ago.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I hate to bring out the tired server browser argument, but I think in this case it would help things a lot. According to steam stats, the peak daily player count hovers around 40k, which is plenty to sustain a game (it is ahead of games like CS:Source and CS:GO, which never feel "empty"). With server browsers players can congregate to servers, and you can have perfectly good playing conditions with fewer than 50 consistent players. But with MM you have to leave it up to chance.

To be fair, I was eventually able to get my placement matches in, though in a couple of them everyone else was European (American here) and I could tell I was easily dealing with 200+ ms latency. It's a fun game and I think it plays better than any CoD since 4, I just wish I could play it under better conditions.

What are the advantages of Prestige?

There really isn't an advantage, per se. People can Prestige for various reasons:

To completely reset all stats for a fresh start
To unlock new icons, an extra custom slot and more emblems/calling cards
To keep that "level up" feel

I'm personally going to keep Prestiging just because it's fun. Once you get to Master Prestige, you have everything unlocked for you.

Slizz

There really isn't an advantage, per se. People can Prestige for various reasons:

To completely reset all stats for a fresh start
To unlock new icons, an extra custom slot and more emblems/calling cards
To keep that "level up" feel

I'm personally going to keep Prestiging just because it's fun. Once you get to Master Prestige, you have everything unlocked for you.

Left out unlocking basically anything you'd want permanently. Equipment, perks, weapons, lethals etc.

Makoto

I was never a fan of prestiging but I find BO2's method to be a step in the right direction. I always hated the get-a-custom-class-slot-at-every-OTHER-prestige-level thing so giving people the choice to get all the slots after 5 prestiges is pretty cool and the permanent unlock was an excellent decision. Dare I say, for the first time in a modern day CoD game, I actually don't find prestige to be a huge chore.

Granted, in a sense aren't you sort of forced to prestige since you don't have enough unlock points to get everything?

Nuketown was still better.

I find Nuketown to be not nearly as good as Hijacked. I loved the map in BO1, but after getting to know Hijacked it's not nearly as good. Nuketown is a constant battle in the middle with no other path to the enemies base. Whereas Hijacked has various routes to flank and such.

I hate playing Nuketown now because it feels too fast and weapon spammy. A lot of the battles are confrontational and usually ends in whoever has the better connection. On Hijacked, however, I can get behind the enemy and hit them before they ever see me.

Pingoreous

Wow, Ive played 7 games today and every single one had connection issues. This game's randomness is getting to me now. Yesterday fine, today unplayable.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I hate to bring out the tired server browser argument, but I think in this case it would help things a lot. According to steam stats, the peak daily player count hovers around 40k, which is plenty to sustain a game (it is ahead of games like CS:Source and CS:GO, which never feel "empty"). With server browsers players can congregate to servers, and you can have perfectly good playing conditions with fewer than 50 consistent players. But with MM you have to leave it up to chance.

To be fair, I was eventually able to get my placement matches in, though in a couple of them everyone else was European (American here) and I could tell I was easily dealing with 200+ ms latency. It's a fun game and I think it plays better than any CoD since 4, I just wish I could play it under better conditions.

Well you don't have to convince me on the whole server browser thing. I coulda sworn Black Ops had a server browser, surprising and unfortunate that it was dropped.

zeelman

Wow, Ive played 7 games today and every single one had connection issues. This game's randomness is getting to me now. Yesterday fine, today unplayable.

I had the exact same problem tonight as well. I rage quit in my last game. I got host and the problems became even worse, and I was using the PDW. So the best weapon in this game is obviously a connection that this game doesn't gimp.

Dreaver

Top Bottom