• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

zeelman

I wish this game would be more consistent about when it wants to screw me over. I had this great game of Drone KC going. About halfway through it, I'm 20-4. I spend a minute trying to find someone, and this guy just lags through all my bullets. The lag kicks in for another four deaths in a row, so I dashboarded. The sudden lag ruined the game for me. :(

I wish this game would be more consistent about when it wants to screw me over. I had this great game of Drone KC going. About halfway through it, I'm 20-4. I spend a minute trying to find someone, and this guy just lags through all my bullets. The lag kicks in for another four deaths in a row, so I dashboarded. The sudden lag ruined the game for me. :(

I still don't get why people dashboard.

Radec

Happened to me several times.

But i stayed until the end.

Ended up with like 20 fucking deaths. Thats why im atill stucked in 1.81 kd for days now.

zeelman

I still don't get why people dashboard.

Its a bad habit I developed in the first Black Ops. I started getting good at COD at that point, and I really hated how I would shoot first and die first at times. At first I thought it was my crappy router and modem (which were failing and needed to be replaced anyway), but when replacing that didn't help much, I just kinda went overboard with it.

Nebula

FAL Select Fire, stock, quick draw.

You won't regret it.

YOU! I have you to blame for this!

The FAL is my only gripe with the assault rifle class. It wrecks me no matter what I try. I encounter it at a distance and I die. Close quarters and I die. I can not stand the weapon. Luckily for me, no one in hardcore seems to like using it as all weapons pretty much one hit so the FAL becomes nearly pointless to use there.

I'd recommend hardcore for anyone looking to avoid the FAL.

On to something more positive, I recently achieved diamond camo with the shotguns. It was a massive learning curve, and hardcore became a great friend when it came down to the S12 and M1216. One shotting with those outside hardcore is a real effort, and could be very fun or downright impossible if anyone feels like trying to get them gold outside hardcore.

I started off absolutely hating blops2 thanks to the Lag Compensation issues, but those issues seem to have died down, or been fixed for the most part.

Also, hello! I hope to post in this thread more, depending on how blops2 goes.

foxdvd

The guns I have been killed by the most are

in order

Mp7
R870
MTAR
FAL
PDW

Now only the FAL is a later unlock gun, so I would say a lot of people are using it...also I find it strange the the only sniper that seems to get action on me is the SVU..I have been killed 10,000 times and never by the chicom/SWAT/SMR/M27/DSR50/Swat...at least according to elite...

foxdvd

also the AGR continues to be my most deadly scorestreak...as I close in on 1000 kills with it I average about 6-7 kills each time...and that is not really a good picture since many times I throw it out late in a match and forget it. When I drive it I usually get 8 or more kills. I never get that many with a warthog...

The guns I have been killed by the most are

in order

Mp7
R870
MTAR
FAL
PDW

Now only the FAL is a later unlock gun, so I would say a lot of people are using it...also I find it strange the the only sniper that seems to get action on me is the SVU..I have been killed 10,000 times and never by the chicom/SWAT/SMR/M27/DSR50/Swat...at least according to elite...

The killed by only counts after u spend ur token on the gun every prestige

789shadow

Banned
I don't think I have the will. This game is fundamentally awful. I bet every modern military shooter is as bad as this, as they all use the same fundamentally bad concepts and gameplay.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Cant wait to try this.

I have that exact same class but it's not working out for me :/

just had a flawless game using this class.

I was having a great game, but then the host dashboarded. Guess he couldn't handle how good the class was.

Lol. Geez guys. Quote to see!

I almost got three dogs in a row using this class. The match time ran out before I could get the third set.

I also mostly play Kill Confirmed because it nets you a possible 150 points per kill and 25 points per kill denied. Though I have gone on crazy streaks in TDM.

u mad

Neo Member
Lol. Geez guys. Quote to see!

I almost got three dogs in a row using this class. The match time ran out before I could get the third set.

I also mostly play Kill Confirmed because it nets you a possible 150 points per kill and 25 points per kill denied. Though I have gone on crazy streaks in TDM.

It's nearly impossible to not do well using the PDW or MSMC.

lol I ran into an enemy today that was using that Guardian/turret combo. It's nice, because the Guardian will slow people down more than enough for the turret to mow them down. Of course, one of my EMP grenades = they are both toast. So its effectiveness lasted about as long as it took for me to notice them there.

Finally got Gold on the SMR today. Only need the M8A1 and I got diamond for the assault rifles. I can already tell the M8 is going to be a great gun to use and easy to gold. Fucking SMR was a plague, by far the worst game in the game I have used.

I don't understand why some things in this game are extremely popular, but were very unpopular in previous titles.

Almost nobody used Focus Proficieny or Hardened, but everybody uses Toughness now.
Almost nobody used EMP Grenades last year, yet now I can't play a game on hijacked/nuketown without somebody using them. And theres usually 1 person at least using it normally anyway.
Dexterity is also popular now, but how many people used Lightweight Pro or Steady Aim Pro, but now everybody uses dexterity.

Idk why these things randomly blew up and became so popular this year.

EDIT: I also think it's dumb how every hates the Target Finder and considers it nooby, when it's a NERFED version of Marksman from MW3. It's a good attachment because it eliminates idle sway and zooms in significantly, but it's not like the attachment kills people for you.

I don't understand why some things in this game are extremely popular, but were very unpopular in previous titles.

Almost nobody used Focus Proficieny or Hardened, but everybody uses Toughness now.
Almost nobody used EMP Grenades last year, yet now I can't play a game on hijacked/nuketown without somebody using them. And theres usually 1 person at least using it normally anyway.
Dexterity is also popular now, but how many people used Lightweight Pro or Steady Aim Pro, but now everybody uses dexterity.

EDIT: I also think it's dumb how every hates the Target Finder and considers it nooby, when it's a NERFED version of Marksman from MW3. It's a good attachment because it eliminates idle sway and zooms in significantly, but it's not like the attachment kills people for you.

You're making stuff up. I used every one of those, and EMP grenades are more popular because the equipment and scorestreaks are deadlier. You can't stab them anymore and there aren't any perks that hide you from them. I always used lightweight pro and steady aim as well. Generally any COD game I have a runner class and a camping class and I mostly use the runner.

You're making stuff up. I used every one of those, and EMP grenades are more popular because the equipment and scorestreaks are deadlier. You can't stab them anymore and there aren't any perks that hide you from them. I always used lightweight pro and steady aim as well. Generally any COD game I have a runner class and a camping class and I mostly use the runner.

Not really. Anybody who used the above stuff was definitely in the minority in previous titles, yet now they're in the majority. And if anything, equipment is the weakest it's ever been in a call of duty title ever. Betties and claymores can be countered by using lightweight, flak jacket, engineer, black hat, going prone/crouch, and emp nades. Trophy system is about the same and shock charges are probably the most annoying, but can be countered by engineer, tactical mask, black hat, and by shooting them. Yes scorestreaks are deadlier, but an emp nade only takes out hellstorm missile, agr, sentry gun, guardian. In MW3, they took out the recon drone, assault drone, sentry gun as well.

zeelman

I think everyone uses Toughness now because of the massive flinch when getting shot. Snipers using it are practically impossible to kill. Running Toughness, shooting first then dying by someone not using it is really aggravating, though.

I think the Scorestreak system might have something to do with EMP Grenade spam. You can get a lot of points destroying enemy equipment.

I noticed most people who use Dexterity are using it with SMGs. The only guns that really need it are LMGs. There's no real benefit with it when using other guns.

I gotta agree with you on the Target Finder. Marksmen in MW3 was like a wallhack.

u mad

Neo Member
IMO, EMPs are so popular mostly because of the scorestreak system vs killstreak system.

I play objective modes, mostly HQ, hardpoint and domination. People love to lay tons of equipment on the floor and setup sentries and guardians for tactical reasons.

Not uncommon for me to get +300 pts for 1 EMP grenade.

Not to mention I always love seeing target finders users freak out when their target finder gets hit by EMP.

I wonder if there are any other hidden calling cards. I'm hoping there's one for hijacking a certain number of packages. Never got that challenge in MW3.

Finished off diamond AR's/shotguns earlier this week. Now I need the 4 snipers and the assault shield and I'll have every primary weapon with diamond. Not looking forward to using snipers though...:(

EMP grenades are beautiful. The range on them is crazy.

RoKKeR

Thoughts on FAL vs. SMR? I personally found myself using the SMR more. Can't really put a reason on it other than personal preference. Do you guys prefer the FAL?

u mad

Neo Member
Thoughts on FAL vs. SMR? I personally found myself using the SMR more. Can't really put a reason on it other than personal preference. Do you guys prefer the FAL?

Both are nice. I prefer the FAL + stock & ACOG or FAL + stock & hybrid optic.

HiiiLife

I like the fact that I can fire off rounds faster with the FAL without the attachment. I can't say the same for the SMR. Is the SMR supposed to be stronger?

I couldn't care less if I put target finder on my gun. Why should I compromise my playstyle just to make the match "fair" for opponents? Lol. It's in the game. I'm using it. Put on Cold Blooded. Problem solved.

u mad

Neo Member
I couldn't care less if I put target finder on my gun. Why should I compromise my playstyle just to make the match "fair" for opponents? Lol. It's in the game. I'm using it. Put on Blind Eye. Problem solved.

*Cold Blooded ;)

edit: ah ninja edit! :p

HiiiLife

*Cold Blooded ;)

edit: ah ninja edit! :p

Haha! I noticed it as soon I hit enter. Good eye though.

Had a funny game in S&D with players who would just camp in cabins on Hijacked. Shock charges, trophy systems, claymores and riot shields. Just camped out on the second floor.

Little did they know, EMP nades travel through walls. Caught them off guard every time and ended their party with a C4. Lol.

Had a funny game in S&D with players who would just camp in cabins on Hijacked. Shock charges, trophy systems, claymores and riot shields. Just camped out on the second floor.

Little did they know, EMP nades travel through walls. Caught them off guard every time and ended their party with a C4. Lol.

They were copying the worm squirm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFk97MgCsI&list=UU-uyvnv84IIzV3G_O4fPYgA&index=9

When r we gonna play again? :p

maomaoIYP

No one used Focus because it was unlocked later than something that was more useful like Recoil or Attachments. Now you can have 2 attachments without penalty, that was never possible in the past.
The ground streaks like guardian and sentry gun are more powerful than even, how often did you see a sentry in MW3? They could be knifed, and could be disabled with a stun or flash. Also, claymores could be disabled with stun or flash too, making EMP completely useless. In addition I think you were only allowed 1 EMP instead of 2 in MW3.
Dex is popular because it's in perk slot 3 and the only other things in there worth a damn are engineer and tac mask.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I don't really understand the way UAVs and the Ghost perk work in this game. If I don't have Ghost equipped, can the UAVs still see me if I'm not moving?

Makoto

If Ghost is not equipped, UAVs will see you no matter what.

If Ghost is equipped, UAVs won't detect you if you are, at the least, moving at normal standing run speed.

Top Bottom