• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a string of terrible games going back to last night trying to get Bloodthirsty medals with the KSG, finally got it today. So frustrating when it felt like I should have killed them but a shot didn't register, or the killcam shows I didn't shoot before getting killed.

Had a great game on Raid today too that hasn't shown up in Theater. No host migration or anything, quad feed with a Tac-45 :(

kuYuri

Almost nobody in the clan plays and the majority don't even own the game. The leader is inactive too :/

This. I left the clan and never looked back.

Actually, I'm not playing as much CoD as I used to as I want to get back to finishing games. This backlog isn't going to finish itself.

Cudder

There is such a difference when you play the game during the day as opposes to at night. Basically playing during the day ensures you're on the good end of lag comp. But play after, say, 6pm and you start getting shit on because of it.

At least in my experience.

zeelman

There is such a difference when you play the game during the day as opposes to at night. Basically playing during the day ensures you're on the good end of lag comp. But play after, say, 6pm and you start getting shit on because of it.

At least in my experience.

I have tried playing this game at almost all times of day, and it always runs like shit.

I have no choice but to sell this game at this point. As long as I have it, I will keep trying to play it, and it just doesn't get any better no matter what I do.

mackattk

They haven't even tweaked it since launch. Vonderhaar is convinced it's perfect and that it's all user related (because he's an idiot).

This is ridiculous.

For me, on the Wii U, it just depends on the game. One game everything is great, it is registering shots as shown on my end, etc. Next game (this is without even leaving the lobby), I am getting shit on and an enemy is killing me before I can even see them coming around the corner. It is vey, very inconsistent.

GodofWine

The f'ing KSG is the most wildly inconsistent thing ever...Im a few bloodthirsties from gold and i never noticed how after getting 3 kills, the next 7 slugs fire at random 45 degree angles exiting the barrel.

I can snipe a guy from a good distance...then when a guy is 10 feet away and Im looking though my reflex sight, Im not move and he is not moving, as many as 3 shot can just disappear.

Its like they nerfed it by smashing the barrel of the gun with a mallet.

Also, putting these no attachment no perk camo's in the game is dumb, nothing like encouraging people to play poorly and have no fun doing it...luckily they didnt require the gun to fire 5 shots semi-straight.

...old man yelling at cloud...

Shady859

Haven't been in this thread forever... I still play pretty much daily well late at night haha. In the 360 clan and looks like i'm top 8 in dom coming for the top spot. ;)

Been trying since double gun XP weekend to get a triple kill with a RPG, it's a bitch and only thing stopping me from diamond launchers. Anyone got any tips for good place? Thinking Nuketown hard point on that show car, top middle on boat or b flag in grind would be best chances. And yea literally just thought I should spam RPGs in hardcore mode for it.

eek5

Haven't been in this thread forever... I still play pretty much daily well late at night haha. In the 360 clan and looks like i'm top 8 in dom coming for the top spot. ;)

Been trying since double gun XP weekend to get a triple kill with a RPG, it's a bitch and only thing stopping me from diamond launchers. Anyone got any tips for good place? Thinking Nuketown hard point on that show car, top middle on boat or b flag in grind would be best chances. And yea literally just thought I should spam RPGs in hardcore mode for it.

B dom on turbine is the best IMO. There are 2 safe spots you can wait out at (ledge on turret side) or the little kink above B. Just wait for the notification then pop out and get the three piece. I got it on my first try which was a bit lucky but I've seen a ton of triple explosive kills in that same spot.

B dom on Grind is good too but if you pop out the window sometimes the other team will have a sniper or AR on the bottom to pick you off. I'd recommend going down the ramp to hit B dom w/ RPG. You can also send a RPG into the side door from the ramp down which can also be a hotspot if a team is gathering to push in.

HQ and Hardpoint might be options as well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The f'ing KSG is the most wildly inconsistent thing ever...Im a few bloodthirsties from gold and i never noticed how after getting 3 kills, the next 7 slugs fire at random 45 degree angles exiting the barrel.

I can snipe a guy from a good distance...then when a guy is 10 feet away and Im looking though my reflex sight, Im not move and he is not moving, as many as 3 shot can just disappear.

Also, putting these no attachment no perk camo's in the game is dumb, nothing like encouraging people to play poorly and have no fun doing it...luckily they didnt require the gun to fire 5 shots semi-straight.

I had the same problems, thankfully shotguns are only 50 kills. Been trying the S12 without perks/attachments and forgot how brutal this gun is without long barrel.

Ensoul

It was a nightmare getting the gold for the KSG. Took forever. And I agree it is inconsistent. I will play one match were I just dominate with it. One shot kills left and right longs shots etc. I start to really like the gun. Then I will play another match where I am 2 feet away from people and I simply keep missing and end up going 4-15 and never want to use the gun again.

The lack of attachments and perks is so frustrating. Yeah, you can probably do better if you do them one at a time, meaning no perks, get 50 kills. Not attachments and get 50 kills but who would do that? It is just a complete grind getting those kills.

Setup a class with a weapon, RPG and fast hands. Kill 2 people with weapon then switch to RPG and get a third.

You guys have a clan for this game? If so how do I join? [360]
I'm just so frustrated playing this game by myself.

Message me with the GT. Mentioned it in this topic and in the community one.

Almost nobody in the clan plays and the majority don't even own the game. The leader is inactive too :/

I'm not inactive. I check the thread regularly. I've been busy with school. I've stated multiple times to PM me for an invite. I'm bound to miss people if I just go by posts in here.

Nebula

Speaking of LMG setups, I normally run an LSAT with these perks and attachments.

Perk 1:Flak Jacket
Perk 2:Cold Blooded, Hard wired
Perk 3:Dexterity

Attachments:Variable zoom, FMJ, Quickdraw Handle.

Wildcards: Primary Gunfighter, Perk 2 greed.

I only recently realised you could have a Dual Band Scope on LMGs so I'll have to mess around with that when I unlock it again and I'll come back here with my findings.

Speaking of LMG setups, I normally run an LSAT with these perks and attachments.

Perk 1:Flak Jacket
Perk 2:Cold Blooded, Hard wired
Perk 3:Dexterity

Attachments:Variable zoom, FMJ, Quickdraw Handle.

Wildcards: Primary Gunfighter, Perk 2 greed.

I only recently realised you could have a Dual Band Scope on LMGs so I'll have to mess around with that when I unlock it again and I'll come back here with my findings.

Hard Wired? o_O

Thats 2nd place to scrambler for the most useless perk.

Nebula

Hard Wired? o_O

Thats 2nd place to scrambler for the most useless perk.

If Hard Wired is the one that gives immunity to EMP then I'm sure that's why I have it on. I play a lot of Demolition and some Hardpoint from time to time and I get chain EMP'd a huge amount. So much that I changed the class to what you currently see out of necessity. Not sure why but it only started occurring about a week ago.

Some YouTuber probably made a video about it and now everyone uses it.

F33L

Neo Member
i am deeply dissapointed with bo2..
it hasnt reached my expectations and now guess what a mw4 is being released so soon..

Radec

Man, Chicom sucks imo. 2 burst shots and someone is still alive. Its not even mid range.

Now im in dillemma of getting diamond on smg or just use MP7 so i can hit prestige master in maybe a few days.

snacknuts

we all knew her
The lack of attachments and perks is so frustrating. Yeah, you can probably do better if you do them one at a time, meaning no perks, get 50 kills. Not attachments and get 50 kills but who would do that? It is just a complete grind getting those kills.

That's what I did when I was going for gold on the FAL. I have no urge to try to do it for every gun since there are only a small handful that I regularly use, but I thought it would be way too much of a pain to go for both at the same time.

Nebula

No perks or attachments is not always that hard. With the PDW it was a bit of a drag since I always use Fast Mag and was catching myself reloading with near full mags because I knew I could get away with it when I had fast mag. The only perk I end up missing is Flak Jacket since I am a huge objective player.

The LSAT was a lot different though. I got all my bloodthirstys, Double kills and long range kills before I got the 150 kills without perks or attachments (when I do those challenges I do them both at the same time) and it felt a lot easier to do with an LMG compared to an SMG or Shotgun.

Love the LSAT, got it Gold now. Might go for Diamond LMGs.

Ensoul

No perks or attachments is not always that hard. With the PDW it was a bit of a drag since I always use Fast Mag and was catching myself reloading with near full mags because I knew I could get away with it when I had fast mag. The only perk I end up missing is Flak Jacket since I am a huge objective player.

The LSAT was a lot different though. I got all my bloodthirstys, Double kills and long range kills before I got the 150 kills without perks or attachments (when I do those challenges I do them both at the same time) and it felt a lot easier to do with an LMG compared to an SMG or Shotgun.

Love the LSAT, got it Gold now. Might go for Diamond LMGs.

The long shots are the hardest to get.

Yeah it is not hard it is just a grind. I ended up dying quite a bit. IE I played nuketown just because it was a small map and I wanted to get kills. I played demolition and I ended up going 20-44. Of course the issue was I was the only person trying to defuse the bombs.

Jrmint

Yea some of those weapons are harder to do than others. The Vector was my first gold and it was no problem without attachments or perks, I'm working on the FAL now and I'm dreading 150 kills with no attachments on that.

Ensoul

Yea some of those weapons are harder to do than others. The Vector was my first gold and it was no problem without attachments or perks, I'm working on the FAL now and I'm dreading 150 kills with no attachments on that.

FAL was not that bad to get gold with just because it is so accurate and only takes two or three shots to kill someone with.

I am going for diamond for the AR. Overall I have had decent luck and have not had any major issues getting gold for the other guns. That is until I started trying to get gold with the SCAR. I used it quite a bit and I still need 3 more long shots, 5 bloodthirstiest, 7 more double kills and of course the 150 kills no perks no attachments. I know people like the SCAR but I hate that freaking gun.

adelante

Picked up someone else's pistol during a match, found it surprisingly enjoyable to use and I was actually competent with it, probably because I've been using the Chicom all this while (dat burst fire practice!). Sooo I've found new purpose in the game: go get diamonds for these handguns.

Me harassing an R2D2, with several random strangers on my team joining in: http://youtu.be/DCB7mCmNDMo

FAL was not that bad to get gold with just because it is so accurate and only takes two or three shots to kill someone with.

I am going for diamond for the AR. Overall I have had decent luck and have not had any major issues getting gold for the other guns. That is until I started trying to get gold with the SCAR. I used it quite a bit and I still need 3 more long shots, 5 bloodthirstiest, 7 more double kills and of course the 150 kills no perks no attachments. I know people like the SCAR but I hate that freaking gun.

I just finished golding the m27, my god that gun will never be used again.

The SMR was the least enjoyable for me. I still have nightmares.

Hellish

Can anyone come check out my BO2 stream, to me it looks good, on my laptop wirelessly down stairs it looks good, and the rebroadcast looks good, I am using a different program now and it still looks good but wondering if it freezes for other people, on OBS instead of Xsplit at the moment.

www.twitch.tv/hellishtv

Well, I'm not on my 3rd online profile data corruption. Every time they fix it, it just re-corrupts itself instantly when I go back online. Great game Treyarch!

eek5

I did that while diamonding my sniper rifles. Sniper w/ overkill SMG for no attachment SMG challenge then no perk/attachment sniper w/ 3 attachment SMG for no perk challenge.

Top Bottom