• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I don't understand why people think no perks/no attachments is difficult?

The only real hard thing about it is playing without Ghost for the no perks. Everything else is pretty manageable and does not really affect gameplay.

IMO, the most difficult camo challenge is 10 longshots. It's normally the last one I need to complete. I guess it is not difficult, but takes a bit of time to complete.

They should also introduce Perk DLC instead of gun DLC and put in a perk that is ghost but works 24/7. The moving shit is straight up dumb.

The only real hard thing about it is playing without Ghost for the no perks. Everything else is pretty manageable and does not really affect gameplay.

IMO, the most difficult camo challenge is 10 longshots. It's normally the last one I need to complete. I guess it is not difficult, but takes a bit of time to complete.

They should also introduce Perk DLC instead of gun DLC and put in a perk that is ghost but works 24/7. The moving shit is straight up dumb.

I agree. Most of my no perks/no attachments I did in one sitting. Not hard at all if you get small maps like Hijacked or Plaza.

Longshots on the other hand.... ugh. A nightmare. That's always the last thing I need to get.

I agree. Most of my no perks/no attachments I did in one sitting. Not hard at all if you get small maps like Hijacked or Plaza.

Longshots on the other hand.... ugh. A nightmare. That's always the last thing I need to get.

Yeah I've saved guns for Nuketown 24/7 before because not having ghost isn't as big of a deal on that map and it's fairly easy to get 150 kills in 4 games or so.

eek5

I run flak jacket on every class so getting blown up rustles my jimmies since I never try to avoid explosives normally.

I run flak jacket on every class so getting blown up rustles my jimmies since I never try to avoid explosives normally.

Also understandable. But for every 150 kills, how many preventable explosive deaths do you have anyway? For the average call of duty player, I'd say 150 kills is more than 150 deaths; however, I'm going to assume you're a bit above average since I don't know your stats. So if 150 kills is 100 deaths for you, that's 5 games maximum without flak jacket and most likely under 10 explosive deaths. If you're mobile enough, explosives very rarely kill you. That's why most of the time when I die to them, it's while being unarmed at a bombsite, especially on maps where they wouldn't be able to kill me with bullets in time, such as hijacked.

For me personally, 150 kills would be about 35 deaths. It would take about 5 games, which is 7 deaths a game and approximately 1 every other game is due to an explosive, which leads to 2-3 nade deaths per 150 kills when not using flak jacket. The only time I run it is on Nuketown cause it's pretty much 100% needed for that map, similarly to how Ghost is required 100% of the time on any map.

If Call of Duty Elite wasn't fucked with this game, I could check how often I die to explosives, but since I never unlock nades or claymores etc..., I'll never know. In the end though, if you are annoyed by the few nade deaths you might get, then use whatever perk you want, but flak jacket is similar to hard wired, where it does nothing for you 95% of the time, and you can go full games with it doing nothing. And the blue tier of perks are where pretty much the only good perks are in the game, so swapping flak jacket for almost anything else could end up being more beneficial.

eek5

Also understandable. But for every 150 kills, how many preventable explosive deaths do you have anyway?

I don't know but it only takes one to get me on tilt :lol

I actually mainly only play TDM so UAVs aren't a huge deal which is why I prefer flak jacket over ghost.

Also, I'm not disagreeing with you that 150 kills w/ no perks/attachments is not difficult. Perks are mostly all situational anyway and if you're a decent player you can easily knock those 2 challenges out in 5-6 matches of FFA.

I don't know but it only takes one to get me on tilt :lol

I actually mainly only play TDM so UAVs aren't a huge deal which is why I prefer flak jacket over ghost.

Also, I'm not disagreeing with you that 150 kills w/ no perks/attachments is not difficult. Perks are mostly all situational anyway and if you're a decent player you can easily knock those 2 challenges out in 5-6 matches of FFA.

Yeah FFA is something I've used before too to get them done. It usually takes 6 because of joining in the middle or games ending due to host rage quit :p

And yeah Ghost isn't as essential in TDM or FFA too.

It's just kinda annoying that to get some challenges done, such as these get kills without perks/attachments take some fun out of the game. The rest of the gold camo challenges occur through natural progression of playing.

Shady859

Finally got my triple RPG kill and my first and probably only diamond class, maybe subs later... Tried a couple suggestions here and still doubles. Grind comes up so I loaded all speed and hands rushed past c, straight through b and hit the charging teams feet with some Quake 3 rocket splash. :) Retired it for diamond bling kill cam setups now.

I still say the peacekeeper is the best gun in the game when paired with laser and reflex. Even at long range if you burst fire the trigger it's beast I don't even have a AR class this prestige and i'm at 52... PDW is my #2 but I never use a dot on it you rampage that big clip with laser.

Funny the flak jacket talk, was thinking it out as a friend mentioned he rolls with it always. I have 10 class slots and 6 have blind eye in them the only others I use are lightweight or hard line on my whore no air & 2 hacker class for that just right game.... I tend to play dom and get killed ALOT more by air support than I do bye nades, BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had so many streaks ended by those damn birds, so easy to get and they will fly inside a window at you and everything.. Now hardpoint or demolition I'd probably use it but trophy systems are beast and easy points.

Edit: will end up with diamond bow and knife class as well from sticks and stones. Got my blood thirsty and gold today with the bow on hardcore kill confirmed of all places. They kept charging and I kept impact killing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I use Flak Jacket in Dom because nade damage seems to be so inconsistent, I'm still not sure how close I'm allowed to be to them, and FJ saves me pretty much 100% of the time when I'm capping a flag.

eek5

I use Flak Jacket in Dom because nade damage seems to be so inconsistent, I'm still not sure how close I'm allowed to be to them, and FJ saves me pretty much 100% of the time when I'm capping a flag.

Grenade Launcher: 256 inches, 135-50 damage (smaller radius and different damage than in Black Ops)

Frag Grenade: 256 inches, 200-75 damage (same as in Black Ops)
Semtex: 256 inches, 185-50 damage (less damage than in Black Ops)
C4: 256 inches, 205-75 damage (more damage than in Black Ops)
Bouncing Betty: 256 inches, 200-70 damage
Claymore: 256 inches, 200-50 damage (same as in Black Ops)

Here are the explosive stats pulled from game data. I'm not sure if it is a linear dropoff in damage or not though.

Radec

Wow, Skorpion is such a beast. But MP7 still trumps it because of recoil.

Had my best streak earlier all on ground war:
52-12, 48-12, 31-5, 62-6, 23-0

Using my comfy class:
MP7-Silencer/Fast Mags
Ghost/Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer
C4/Tact Insert
+LS
+Vsat
+Warthog

Once I got a vsat its pretty much a guaranteed win. Fourth game was pretty hard since someone from the enemy team got a vsat too. Good thing I got K9 and Warthogs to keep the flags defended. But even with 2 K9s m, Vsats and Warthogs, we just led by 20 points. Teammates keep capturing their last flag and we cant spawn trap them lol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The connections seem to get worse every time I play this game. I don't think I had a sinlge game with a decent connection all last weekend.

Same here. It's so bad that I'm back on MW3 until it gets fixed. Haven't had a single issue with it so far.

We're into what, almost 3 months since release and not a single fix or even mention of issues aside from Treyarch blaming your ISP? I honestly wouldn't hold my breath on it; stick with MW3.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
We're into what, almost 3 months since release and not a single fix or even mention of issues aside from Treyarch blaming your ISP? I honestly wouldn't hold my breath on it; stick with MW3.

Yeah I'm not expecting much out of Treyarch at this point. Which is sad since they have been very good at fixing or at least trying to fix their past games.

I guess as long as those MLG losers aren't crying about it they don't care anymore.

Reave

Yeah, that's kind of my issue. If there was word of something in the pipeline, this wouldn't nearly be as frustrating. Meanwhile, despite its other issues, MW3 runs like a dream. Sticking with it until Treyarch gets its shit together.

Do you guys ever have clan games or anything? I'm so tired of playing by myself :/

Nope. It's a clan of 100 people and only about 5 actually play the game. There are no benefits of being in the clan and there are never events or anything.

You're better off using hupitgaming.com/letsplay if you're looking for people to make friends with and play with.

xJavonta

Banned
What game modes do you usually play?
TDM, FFA, and lately Domination, Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed, One In the Chamber. I'm not a fan of S&D though haha
Nope. It's a clan of 100 people and only about 5 actually play the game. There are no benefits of being in the clan and there are never events or anything.

You're better off using hupitgaming.com/letsplay if you're looking for people to make friends with and play with.
Well damn, that sucks. I was hoping to play with some gaf peeps. Guess not :(

eek5

TDM, FFA, and lately Domination, Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed, One In the Chamber. I'm not a fan of S&D though haha

Well damn, that sucks. I was hoping to play with some gaf peeps. Guess not :(

If you want to play some TDM add me. My GT is "eek5". I usually play TDM w/ a couple friends and some random people I've added while playing TDM alone lol.

Nori Chan

FINALLY got my diamond launchers.

Stupid dragonfires need 2 SMAW rocktes to kill. I would've been so pissed if I didn't get it after the first shot.

Still like Sandy's gameplays the most out of all the youtubers out there. Actually it's kind of refreshing to see his gameplays since most commentators seem to just ramble about their lives nowadays; these are the sort of commentators you would have to have been following from when they started in order to even care about that sort of stuff. Some music and well timed soundbites is all I need.

edit: and his gameplays are still pretty beast lol

Still like Sandy's gameplays the most out of all the youtubers out there. Actually it's kind of refreshing to see his gameplays since most commentators seem to just ramble about their lives nowadays; these are the sort of commentators you would have to have been following from when they started in order to even care about that sort of stuff. Some music and well timed soundbites is all I need.

edit: and his gameplays are still pretty beast lol

Yeah, this is exactly why I quit following WoodysGamertag. All he does now is talk about his personal life. Don't give a damn. I can't remember the last time he actually discussed the gameplay that was running while he was talking.

Playing on a 3 bar is ridiculous

I didn't play any differently and i still completely outsmarted opponents, but because I'm playing on a huge delay, I lost about every firefight.

Radec

^
Dude, 3 bars is the best thing that I have got in all cods.
Nothing I can do since i only have a 2mbps connection lol.

---

I visited the theater and wtf most of my games are incomplete? Is this a bug? Most of them are uninterrupted games too.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I took toughness off and my kdr plummeted from 1.58 to 1.54 very quickly. I started losing every confrontation. I put toughness back on and am back to 1.58. I play with assault rifles only so I guess I needed the perk to beat SMGs in tight situations.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Was playing Ground War Kill Confirmed on Raid and I killed I think 8 people with a Hellstorm missile near the end of the game, but apparently theatre cut off before then, sigh.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I know its pointless but I went ahead and sent Vonderhaar a tweet anyway..........

@DavidVonderhaar I wish you cared as much about fixing your broken game as you do about that worthless MLG shit.

I know its pointless but I went ahead and sent Vonderhaar a tweet anyway..........

@DavidVonderhaar I wish you cared as much about fixing your broken game as you do about that worthless MLG shit.
My sentiments exactly. He won't rest until COD is a bigger esport than LoL, it's his dream. He posts occasionally on reddit and only ever answers league play questions. Hopefully some of the higher ups will put things back into perspective for him.

Cudder

i remember harassing the fuck out of him on twitter when the original blops came out lol

Vonderhaar can't see past his sudden MLG boner to give a shit about the rest of the game's problems. It's pathetic considering how unbelievably well they supported the original Black Ops.

Too bad it had the worst map dlc of all time, I don't think a single one of those 10 maps were any good.

I played DLC Disabled in multiplayer once Collection 2 was released, but I enjoyed all 4 maps. (Piazza, Liberation, Black Box, and Overwatch). Those are also some of the best maps in survival mode. I got a lot of playtime in the DLC maps from survival. Terminal was another DLC map i played. All the face off maps were pretty sick too, except for maybe Aground.

And how could it be the worst of all time? WaW had some pretty bad ones iirc, with maps like Corrosion, Sub Pens, Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep etc...

And Black Ops 1 maps weren't anything special, with maps like Berlin Wall, Kowloon, Silo, Hangar 18 etc..

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I played DLC Disabled in multiplayer once Collection 2 was released, but I enjoyed all 4 maps. (Piazza, Liberation, Black Box, and Overwatch). Those are also some of the best maps in survival mode. I got a lot of playtime in the DLC maps from survival. Terminal was another DLC map i played. All the face off maps were pretty sick too, except for maybe Aground.

And how could it be the worst of all time? WaW had some pretty bad ones iirc, with maps like Corrosion, Sub Pens, Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep etc...

And Black Ops 1 maps weren't anything special, with maps like Berlin Wall, Kowloon, Silo, Hangar 18 etc..

Cant say I agree with any of that.

eek5

I liked Overwatch, Piazza, and Liberation. Liberation is probably the worse of the 3 but the spawns were so fucked up that it "played" small. Overwatch and Piazza were a lot of fun.

Then again, Overwatch was terrible in objective game modes IMO but I only play TDM so I enjoyed it.

Cant say I agree with any of that.

Yeah I should've probably added that my map preferences are all based off demolition. There was a boardwalk map too that I liked that came out late in MW3.

Maps play completely different depending on game mode, kinda like so many people hated Estate in MW2 for TDM, but it was epic in demolition.

eek5

Found a great assault rifle longshot spot. Put your back on the wall (green dot) and shoot the people that pop up in the window across BMX.

EUnJR4t.png

As long as you hold the entrance spawn you should get non stop long shots. Works really well in TDM

Top Bottom