• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I'm still amazed that on Elite, MW3 shows I've gotten a headshot with a riot shield, lol.

After many weeks, I finally have diamond pistols. Only weapons left are the sniper rifles...booooooooo, haha.

Unlocking all these calling cards is pretty addicting IMO. One of the main reasons why I haven't gotten bored yet.

Would love another double weapon xp weekend.

His issue wasnt weapon choice...he probably just didnt have a clue which hallways and routes he could own. The remy is pretty good on all maps so long as you know how not to expose yourself to ranged encounters

Yup, I'm currently getting diamond for AR's and I'm not really a fan, last night I picked up someone's remy on standoff to mix it up and owned that little hotel in the middle for a good few mins straight. I only died when I went to find cover to use my loadstar.

SadAli

Neo Member
and yeah, ELITE is pretty bad. BO1 had the most stats. MW3 was not that bad but now BO2 is missing a ton of stuff like longest kill streak, most kills with x weapon, etc. pretty disappointing to take so many steps back

I can handle losing most of the stats on there since the time between matches is so short I barely have time to tweak classes but the one stat I do miss is the heat map of the body showing where most of the shots hit.

Was always amused by my stats which had what seemed like 75% of hits on collected around the image's knees.

Pineconn

Assault Shield is so much fun. I laughed my ass off getting a triple cap kill on B flag in Hijacked with it (all shield bashes). The other team had to have been raging.

Too bad that the lag comp kind of ruins it. You can be pointing right at an opponent, but from their perspective you're angled behind them and they can kill you easily...

FYC

Banned
mkFpBMH.png

I guess I should get Black Ops 2, huh

Yes I am ashamed

eek5

Two pick questions:

1) How good is the map pack?

2) Have they done any tweaks to the netcode in the past month?

1) Good. If you play a lot it will add variety to your play sessions.
2) If anything they've made it worse. I get a lot more people skipping around when they are 3 bar which is real annoying. Lately I've been getting hit with 1 bar out of nowhere and it refuses to migrate even when there are 5+ people on 3 and a couple on 1

snacknuts

we all knew her
After seeing all the rave reviews in this thread yesterday for the LMGs, I made an LMG class last night and used one for the first time. Specifically the MK48. Overall I wasn't unhappy with it, although the time to ADS is fairly horrendous. Great range, good power. I fully intend on sticking with it long enough to be able to try it with a suppressor.

I also used Tactical Mask for the first time last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I normally feel completely out of sorts without Engineer, but Tac Mask + Flak Jacket means I don't need to know where most equipment is because I can run right through it.

i assume they have more than one profile (if psn) and they use an alt profile for getting killed, and their "real" profile for boosting stats.

They can just dashboard at the end and the stats won't count for them, but will count for the person getting all the kills/headshots whatever.

snacknuts

we all knew her
They can just dashboard at the end and the stats won't count for them, but will count for the person getting all the kills/headshots whatever.

I hate everyone. I don't understand why people can't just play the game normally and enjoy it without having to ruin it for everyone else. How is leading yourself to the slaughter for a couple hours to help your buddies any fun?

eek5

I hate everyone. I don't understand why people can't just play the game normally and enjoy it without having to ruin it for everyone else. How is leading yourself to the slaughter for a couple hours to help your buddies any fun?

Well, getting lodestar, swarm, dogs in TDM is pretty fun man. Just almost impossible to do without boosting lol

Jrmint

I miss getting UAVs. I'm so bad that the 425 score is too out of reach haha.
It really doesn't make sense that it's that high.

In any non objective mode it can take up to 5 kills where in every other CoD since MW it took 3. It's way too high in TDM and FFA. Maybe make it 425 for objective modes and 300 for non objective. I know this won't happen, but should.

eek5

In any non objective mode it can take up to 5 kills where in every other CoD since MW it took 3. It's way too high in TDM and FFA. Maybe make it 425 for objective modes and 300 for non objective. I know this won't happen, but should.

Well, they don't even have to do that. They can just give more points per kill for TDM. I don't mind 425 for a UAV but 100 points per kill is a bit stingy for all kill streaks especially since you're getting 150 per kill pretty much in KC. Something like 110 would be fine

With Ghost being such a high level to reach and only useful if you are constantly moving I find UAV to be perfectly placed. I

kaskade

I agree that the UAV is a bit high, especially when playing normal TDM. I actually think there should be more points in TDM for kills. I feel like every other mode you get more per kill for getting objectives and killing attackers and defenders. But in a mode based solely on killing the other team you just get 100 points.

I agree that the UAV is a bit high, especially when playing normal TDM. I actually think there should be more points in TDM for kills. I feel like every other mode you get more per kill for getting objectives and killing attackers and defenders. But in a mode based solely on killing the other team you just get 100 points.

I suspect it's designed as such to prevent crazy scorestreaks, considering how many kills a decent one can accrue.

Two quick questions:

1) How good is the map pack?

2) Have they done any tweaks to the netcode in the past month?

#2 feels alot better for me, either way they've definitely been doing tweaks on there end for the past few months, it's like every week or two the game feels different from before lol.

Jrmint

With Ghost being such a high level to reach and only useful if you are constantly moving I find UAV to be perfectly placed. I
I don't think that's a valid excuse honestly bc so many people are prestiged now and I believe many choose Ghost are their first or second unlock. That excuse was really only valid in the first couple weeks of the game.

I strongly agree with the other guy who said increase the points of kills in tdm to 110 or even 120.

#2 feels alot better for me, either way they've definitely been doing tweaks on there end for the past few months, it's like every week or two the game feels different from before lol.

Yeah the game has improved significantly since pre-release. It's way more playable now than it was in the past and isn't as rage inducing. I'm starting to play like more normal self, instead of like awful 2k/d kids because I couldn't win firefights in the past due to lag comp.

I have around 1500 hours on MW2 too :)

Haha that game was the best back in the day. I have 28 Days ranked Multiplayer time and no other Call of Duty has even come close to that. I honestly don't know how I did it.

I also have 2500 wins in that game, with a negative w/l ratio! Now with 2 and 3 w/l ratios, I can't even hit 2500 wins. I played MW2 way too much, but it was so much fun :D

I just can't play TDM any more. The 75kill target to win is too low so matches are over in a heartbeat on the really small maps, you get a measly amount of points per kill and overall it just doesn't seem as fun as every other mode available.

maomaoIYP

I just can't play TDM any more. The 75kill target to win is too low so matches are over in a heartbeat on the really small maps, you get a measly amount of points per kill and overall it just doesn't seem as fun as every other mode available.

TDM is the only thing I can bear to play apart from FFA, but there's way more matches in TDM. Dom is a game mode where the team that's playing in a party spawn traps the randoms while calling all manner of killstreak onto them. KC is where movement is king and other than SMGs, no other weapon type is viable and the first team to call in a VSAT chained to dogs/swarm wins. SnD is where I spend more time watching than playing.

eek5

I like TDM because the spawns are easy to control w/ a smart team and if you have a bad team the spawns are still pretty easy to predict (at least when they'll flip). It's also the only mode other than the FFA-style modes where I can completely tilt a game in my favor all by myself.

I have to at least get 2-3 competent players in other game modes, at least from what I've seen and it always seems like I'm the only one playing the objective; I can't stand that shit.

SadAli

Neo Member

I tend to play a fair bit of Ground War specifically for that reason. You get a decent mix of Kill Confirmed, TDM and Domination and even the TDM matches are more epic than the standard version.

On the negative side your K/D will take a hit and you have to tolerate being chucked into some horribly lopsided matches but still the most fun in my opinion. Oh, and some days it just lags horrendously.

Also, Hardpoint can be good for a change as well, crazy number of points though, again, it can murder your K/D if you care about it.

HiiiLife

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where players cry about the KSG. Haha. Hasn't it always been a beast at range? Would you prefer me to use the Remington like everyone else and their mother? C'mon son.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I am officially in love with the MK48. I played a half dozen or so rounds last night and was tearing it up (by my standards). Went 20-3 in my first game and was above 2.0 K/D for the rest.

Slizz

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where players cry about the KSG. Haha. Hasn't it always been a beast at range? Would you prefer me to use the Remington like everyone else and their mother? C'mon son.

I love the hate. I like after I kill people enough with the KSG they switch to their Remmington class and I keep killing them from range lol.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I am officially in love with the MK48. I played a half dozen or so rounds last night and was tearing it up (by my standards). Went 20-3 in my first game and was above 2.0 K/D for the rest.

Same, I feel guilty about putting a target finder on it, but it was extremely helpful on Drone killing the snipers on each side of the map, and people hiding in the rooms. Even when people are using Cold Blooded, you still get a pretty loud indication when you aim at someone trying to head glitch behind cover.

Top Bottom