• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Radec

Whats with these kids who keep shooting you even if you're already dead? They shoot an entire mag even if they killed you the first 5 bullets.

Fucking infuriates me and make me lose my play.

kyo27

I just can't play TDM any more. The 75kill target to win is too low so matches are over in a heartbeat on the really small maps, you get a measly amount of points per kill and overall it just doesn't seem as fun as every other mode available.

I used to play TDM exclusively, but moved on to Kill Confirmed which is much more enjoyable IMO. The matches are longer because it goes to 100 confirms and there is less camping. The point system really discourages players from camping because they will only get 1/3 the points per kill if they just sit in a corner and don't pick up tags. The only time I get really frustrated is when I have a team full of incompetent players who just give the enemy team free high tier scorestreaks. If you are doing so bad that you have 25 more deaths than kills, you should just leave the room and find a new game, because you are screwing over the rest of your team.

lol, I really need new PS3 maps ASAP.

This morning the entire other team quit when I hit them with a lodestar/VTOL combo and then when I did it in the next match I got a whole bunch of angry messages saying I'm a cheater.
I need a map where I don't know where the other team is gonna head based on where my team mates are or the objectives.
Although I played with a guy earlier who got 120+ kills and 1 death which has inspired me to beat that.
His method was awesome, he called in VSAT/Warthog and then K9, once the dogs were loose he started throwing smoke grenades into the enemies and it was like the smoke just added to the panic going on, the other team lost their heads and he picked them off and kept the cycle going til the end.

SeanR1221

So I don't follow patch notes and thought something was off with the FAL. Now I see they increased the recoil with the select fire attachment. I thought I was going crazy with the gun.

I used to not like the MTAR at all but now I prefer it. It reminds me of the Famas from BLOPS 1. MTAR + Peacekeeper are my go to weapons now.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I used to play TDM exclusively, but moved on to Kill Confirmed which is much more enjoyable IMO. The matches are longer because it goes to 100 confirms and there is less camping. The point system really discourages players from camping because they will only get 1/3 the points per kill if they just sit in a corner and don't pick up tags. The only time I get really frustrated is when I have a team full of incompetent players who just give the enemy team free high tier scorestreaks. If you are doing so bad that you have 25 more deaths than kills, you should just leave the room and find a new game, because you are screwing over the rest of your team.

Wouldn't they just screw over a different team in a different game if they're that bad?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Whats with these kids who keep shooting you even if you're already dead? They shoot an entire mag even if they killed you the first 5 bullets.

Fucking infuriates me and make me lose my play.

It's a halo thing. "Body shooting" it's basically teabagging.

It has to do with the netcode. Someone at Den Kirson's forums has an interesting post attempting to explain the netcode in this game. I think Part 3 discusses your situation.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5972

No, it doesn't, read my post.

zeelman

lol, I really need new PS3 maps ASAP.

This morning the entire other team quit when I hit them with a lodestar/VTOL combo and then when I did it in the next match I got a whole bunch of angry messages saying I'm a cheater.
I need a map where I don't know where the other team is gonna head based on where my team mates are or the objectives.
Although I played with a guy earlier who got 120+ kills and 1 death which has inspired me to beat that.
His method was awesome, he called in VSAT/Warthog and then K9, once the dogs were loose he started throwing smoke grenades into the enemies and it was like the smoke just added to the panic going on, the other team lost their heads and he picked them off and kept the cycle going til the end.

ohhhh, that is clever. I use smoke grenades alot myself, for the obvious reasons like capping flags and to barrel through chokepoints, but also as a distraction to get away from a firefight I think I'll lose, but spamming smoke grenades while your killstreaks are up to create confusion is something I never thought of. Once you're in that plume of smoke you really can't see anything, it'd be hard to find your way to cover once you're in it.

It has to do with the netcode. Someone at Den Kirson's forums has an interesting post attempting to explain the netcode in this game. I think Part 3 discusses your situation.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5972

I see what you're talking about, just gotta scroll down until you see the examples with the mouse in it. I figured the same thing so I never really thought much of seeing a player continuously shoot after I die.

eek5

Whats the 'best' LMG/set? I've played just about every way to go in this game I think I'm onto those now lol.

Qs6nsEH.png

I haven't really used QBB or HAMR enough but I don't really like them. On paper the HAMR has the best ttk in close and far range of all the LMGs but you really can't achieve them in actual gameplay because it has weird recoil when the RPM does its switch over. QBB only has a 1x headshot multiplier so it's always 3hk close (w/ very short dropoff) 5hk long which I don't really like. I mainly use LMGs to hold down longer line of sights.

The mk48 is the best for long LoS. It's 4hk long range. Slower RoF so it's pretty easy to stay on target.

LSAT is the most versatile though. It has good TTK both long and short range and slightly faster add time than mk48.

I mainly run my LMGs w/ quickdraw and iron sights.

Whats the 'best' LMG/set? I've played just about every way to go in this game I think I'm onto those now lol.

Here's a few that work well:

MK48 or LSAT:
- suppressor
- FMJ
- thermal scope
Blind Eye
Toughness
Engineer or Tac Mask or Dexterity
Bouncing Betty or Claymore
Smoke Grenade (goes well with thermal)

HAMR:
- Variable Zoom
- FMJ
- Laser
Any blue perk
Toughness
Dexterity + Tac Mask

QBB:
- Rapid Fire
- Laser
- Quickdraw
Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity + Tac Mask

I used to hate the HAMR until I realized that the point of it is to treat it like a burst fire LMG.

Also important:
- crouching and prone increase ADS accuracy by subtle amounts. About as much as the grip attachment.
- if you think someone is behind a wall shoot at it, LMGs are incredible wallbang weapons (except for the QBB)
- don't zoom with variable scope
- many overwatch windows on these maps consist of thin walls that cover some of your target. don't be afraid to shoot at the wall under these places (some examples would be the perches on plaza, the two walls by the B-Bomb on slums, the partly constructed building on overflow, and the two perches on hijacked)
- DONT PLAY ON CARRIER. most of that map is headglitch spots that you can't shoot through.

kyo27

Wouldn't they just screw over a different team in a different game if they're that bad?

I'm talking about rooms where they are playing against an entire clan of good players. I'm pretty sure they aren't having fun if you are 4-25 halfway through a match and end up with 35-40 deaths. They can definitely find a room where they aren't overmatched to that degree.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm talking about rooms where they are playing against an entire clan of good players. I'm pretty sure they aren't having fun if you are 4-25 halfway through a match and end up with 35-40 deaths. They can definitely find a room where they aren't overmatched to that degree.

Fair enough. I usually bail if I find myself opposite a large enough clan (4+ people) just because whatever team I am on will almost always get steamrolled by the pack.

WoodWERD

Surprised I'm not seeing more dragonfires after they got buffed to a 2-hit-take down. Does make me glad I got my diamond launchers already though.

eek5

It's OK if you fly low. On some maps it can be pretty good because you can dip down and kill people then fly up and hide on the roof. I wish it didn't show up on radar though.. then again it'd probably be OP as fuck if you couldn't see it (wrecks shit on HC lol)

Cheers for all the LMG recomendations, gonna pop on now and try out a few see if I can find something I like.

As long as I can stop just auto-reloading after every burst that is. :p My brain has been trained that way for these games, I hate not having a full clip in the gun!

eek5

Cheers for all the LMG recomendations, gonna pop on now and try out a few see if I can find something I like.

As long as I can stop just auto-reloading after every burst that is. :p My brain has been trained that way for these games, I hate not having a full clip in the gun!

drift0r just tested the mk48. Apparently I was wrong and the MK48 is mostly 3hk at most ranges in BO2. It does drop to 4hk but it's reaaaaal far away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpOFUX0c7U&list=UUk8cNb10L5rmV9xB13ADCWA&index=1

probably the best mid-long range power position weapon

Radec

Best stats I can view on my iPad lol. Too comfy to get up and go to my desk. My K/D got annihilated during the period of time spent learning how to snipe.

Team Deathmatch and FFA wont earn you decent points though.

Try more Kill Confirmed and Domination.

xJavonta

Banned
Team Deathmatch and FFA wont earn you decent points though.

Try more Kill Confirmed and Domination.
Yeah I learned that the hard way haha. Just started playing more objective based games but I still play a ton of TDM.

Went to GamersHQ (my local future arcade or whatever you want to call it) today and tore shit up in TDM. I have never been so consistent.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is there a BLOPS2 equivalent of the Galil from BLOPS1? That was by far my favorite gun in the game (I have more kills with just that gun than in all of BLOPS2 so far) and I haven't found anything in this version that I like is well. I noticed that there is a Galil in the campaign, but not multplayer.

Slizz

Is there a BLOPS2 equivalent of the Galil from BLOPS1? That was by far my favorite gun in the game (I have more kills with just that gun than in all of BLOPS2 so far) and I haven't found anything in this version that I like is well. I noticed that there is a Galil in the campaign, but not multplayer.
SCAR maybe?

I've been having fun with that a lot lately.

Some awesome fun I just had on 360.

Team had about a 12 point lead in TDM and then all of a sudden no one on my team can move and everyones lagging....Score was probably 66-53. Proceeded to lose 68-75 everyone on the other team with perfect latency, everyone on my team EXCEPT a guy who joined at the end had 1 bar.

This kind of thing has happened twice to me in the past few days.

Not doubting you or anything because it definitely happens, but why do people think this was a lag switch? Wouldnt that freeze EVERYONE and not just your team besides one guy? Why would his whole team benefit from it?

Like I said I'm not doubting, I just dont really understand how lag switches work.

I would say the MTAR is the closest thing to that gun. At least in terms of look/feel and performance.

Diamond camo for every primary/secondary. That "weapons mastery" title is similar to the "operations master" title except in blue and also has the primary/secondary icons on it. I saw very few people with it and wondered how they got it and now I have my answer, lol.

Bloodthirsty sniper rifle kills are NOT fun. I wasn't having much luck in hardcore so I decided to move to Domination and it became much easier since I spent most of my time looking at B to catch whoever I could. So if any of you are in the same boat as I was, do yourself a favor and play domination to get that bloodthirsty. Demolition should be great as well because of spawns.

Sniper rifles tested my patience. It was never my kind of playstyle and after all of this, I hate it even more, lol. Not to say it isn't effective but I much rather be on the go, all the time.

domstah

Diamond camo for every primary/secondary. That "weapons mastery" title is similar to the "operations master" title except in blue and also has the primary/secondary icons on it. I saw very few people with it and wondered how they got it and now I have my answer, lol.

Bloodthirsty sniper rifle kills are NOT fun. I wasn't having much luck in hardcore so I decided to move to Domination and it became much easier since I spent most of my time looking at B to catch whoever I could. So if any of you are in the same boat as I was, do yourself a favor and play domination to get that bloodthirsty. Demolition should be great as well because of spawns.

Sniper rifles tested my patience. It was never my kind of playstyle and after all of this, I hate it even more, lol. Not to say it isn't effective but I much rather be on the go, all the time.

You do know that you only have to get the Bloodthirsty kill with the sniper rifle (i.e the 5th kill) - the rest can come from equipment or other guns.

Jrmint

You do know that you only have to get the Bloodthirsty kill with the sniper rifle (i.e the 5th kill) - the rest can come from equipment or other guns.

Are you sure about this? I haven't personally tested it, but I could've swore all 5 kills had to be with the gun you were working on the camo for.

eek5

Are you sure about this? I haven't personally tested it, but I could've swore all 5 kills had to be with the gun you were working on the camo for.

You're right. You have to get a bloodthirsty (5 kills w/ gun) but not necessarily a bloodthirsty medal w/ it. So you can mix in other kills as long as you get 5 kills in that life with your gun.

eek5

I've been playing with the QBB to get it gold and it's starting to grow on me. I'm using it with:

quickdraw - much faster ADS which is necessary in close-mid range
stock - faster moving while ADS
silencer - kills range a bit which is annoying long range but cuts out the muzzle flash which is REALLY bad on this LMG

The thing that sucks is silencer is a pretty late unlock but once you get it the gun becomes MUCH more usable.

Running it w/ lightweight and as run/gun. Switch to knife to run really fast and get from spot to spot and dexterity 3rd to climb stuff and stay really mobile. In super close range I hip fire to start then do fast ADS to snap on. The gun really falls apart long range but killing people at range is still doable. At the 5hk range you do get a LOT of assists though but being able to get into a spawn and kill 4-5 people before reloading is nice. The reload cancel is right as your guy slams the magazine in.

I think I was at 1.7 w/ 100 kills.

I9iliQl.png

edit: this is crazy

rvWWLd8.png

Top Bottom