• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

xJavonta

Banned
MLG plays on LAN so it doesn't matter. Only part of the qualifiers are played online and they switch host.
Ahh okay.

Though the owner of this shop by me was bitching about the netcode in Blops 2 in a recent tournament. If I'm not mistaken I think it was LAN too and they were having all sorts of problems with delay

-TK-

GuJNjhr.jpg

Hahah, opponents were totally destroyed. Maybe fastest match I've ever had. Died once while using a hellstorm missile. :p

I wonder what the issue is with the Wii U DLC. I would put money on them not bothering to port it, but they have an odd aversion to telling anyone that.

"There is nothing to announce yet" only serves to piss off the fans who just want a definitive answer. Especially when the developers'/suits' minds are surely made up.

Disguises

I wonder what the issue is with the Wii U DLC. I would put money on them not bothering to port it, but they have an odd aversion to telling anyone that.

"There is nothing to announce yet" only serves to piss off the fans who just want a definitive answer. Especially when the developers'/suits' minds are surely made up.
Unfortunately the same happened with Black Ops and MW3 (I think) on Wii and no DLC appeared on those games. Guess we're getting the same treatment again. I would love to be wrong though.

In other news: Wii U Double Experience weekend just started (we missed a previous one due to a broken patch) so go and level up those guns!

Looking at the video he just sucks and expects to get kills jumping corners using a silenced SMG. I don't see any lag, but perhaps a slightly OP pistol. He just needed to change his play style to match the opposing team.

He sucks, he really does, but he was on the wrong end of a couple laggy kills. The one where he caves in and decides to camp in that small room and that guy rounds the corner and insta-kills him was bs. It's humanly impossible to turn a corner, acquire a target, and shoot at him in the time frame that El Presadors connection perceived the other guy to do this all in. A better player couldn't have gotten a kill in that situation because there was no time to react.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately the same happened with Black Ops and MW3 (I think) on Wii and no DLC appeared on those games. Guess we're getting the same treatment again. I would love to be wrong though.

In other news: Wii U Double Experience weekend just started (we missed a previous one due to a broken patch) so go and level up those guns!

I just spent this last week leveling up all my SMGs to mastery, guess I can do the same with the Remington which is only at level 2 at the moment. The rest of my gold guns are already there.

He sucks, he really does, but he was on the wrong end of a couple laggy kills. The one where he caves in and decides to camp in that small room and that guy rounds the corner and insta-kills him was bs. It's humanly impossible to turn a corner, acquire a target, and shoot at him in the time frame that El Presadors connection perceived the other guy to do this all in. A better player couldn't have gotten a kill in that situation because there was no time to react.

The enemy team had a UAV up so the guy knew he was there. Definitely still some lag though.

I just spent this last week leveling up all my SMGs to mastery, guess I can do the same with the Remington which is only at level 2 at the moment. The rest of my gold guns are already there.

The enemy team had a UAV up so the guy knew he was there. Definitely still some lag though.

I just watched it again and noticed he didn't have his sights up and tried to hipfire the guy lol.I saw the video last night before I went to bed so I guess my memory of the kill was a bit hazy. So I take my comment back a little, there was a little lag, but he had some time to react and could've got the kill, but his aim was shit even though he reacted in time.

Nebula

Either way, there is no defending Treyarch and the stance they have taken on the blatant issues a lot of people have been experiencing on Black Ops 2 relating to connection. I mean I'm on 60mb down and 6mb up and pulled host often on MW3. Off host I had very few issues unless the game decided to pair me against West Coast US players. On Blops 2 I get lag issues and delays on UK host, and never get host anymore. The only way I can play this game is if I get some Dutch guys on who I know will get host, because for some reason I get great connectivity to them.

They need to admit something is wrong and get to fixing it, because I always saw them as the Developer that cared, but that opinion of mine is quickly changing.

Jrmint

Guys honestly how many times and for how many pages are you going to bitch about connection issues? Yes there are connection issues and Treyarch isn't fixing them, but they aren't game breaking. It's still the best CoD since 4 and there's much more to talk about.

Talking about it for 50 pages doesn't fix it.

Guys honestly how many times and for how many pages are you going to bitch about connection issues? Yes there are connection issues and Treyarch isn't fixing them, but they aren't game breaking. It's still the best CoD since 4 and there's much more to talk about.

Talking about it for 50 pages doesn't fix it.

99Dyz.gif

yitdadee08

Neo Member
What's up guys. I don't ever post in here, but I had to share this video that will show some of the problems apparent in BO2 through a comparison of two players' screens while going head to head. For the record, though, I do like BO2, I'm not posting this just to hate, but the things in this video show some bullshit that Treyarch needs to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPV9SplshOA

What's up guys. I don't ever post in here, but I had to share this video that will show some of the problems apparent in BO2 through a comparison of two players' screens while going head to head. For the record, though, I do like BO2, I'm not posting this just to hate, but the things in this video show some bullshit that Treyarch needs to fix.

Holy shit this is incredible. Jrmint will definitely have to cry more after watching this.

Nebula

Anyone have any tips for using the QBB LSW. The LSAT was a breeze but I'm finding that this gun has a lot more recoil and now real way of controlling it except for burst firing.

My current class is something like this.

QBB LSW
Attachments: Quickdraw Handle, FMJ, Silencer (all worked well on my LSAT)
Perk 1: Flak Jacket
Perk 2: Toughness
Perk 3: Dexterity
Wildcards: Primary Gunfighter
Lethal Grenade: C4
Tactical Grenade: Smoke Grenade

I was thinking about dropping the lethal and tactical and picking up Perk 1 Greed and Lightweight.

Thoughts or suggestions would be awesome, as I've noticed this gun isn't at all like the LSAT and I can't figure out what to do with it.

Veezy

que?

Well, holy shit.

So, everybody's on the same page about this, right?

eek5

Anyone have any tips for using the QBB LSW. The LSAT was a breeze but I'm finding that this gun has a lot more recoil and now real way of controlling it except for burst firing.

QBB LSW

I was thinking about dropping the lethal and tactical and picking up Perk 1 Greed and Lightweight.

Thoughts or suggestions would be awesome, as I've noticed this gun isn't at all like the LSAT and I can't figure out what to do with it.

This is what I'm running.
NrHdVvu.png

I play it like a PDW/Peacekeeper hybrid meaning I prefire CQB and also engage in mobile-mid-range-lockdown-combat.

For mid-long range I will strafe in and out of cover and bullet-hose. It works.. OK but the 5HK is pretty hard to pull off.

I never burst fire it even though you probably could. Full auto all the time.

My stats with it are pretty insane relative to my other weapons. I don't even know how.

xFPGeW1.png

The QBB has the highest KD of all my weapons. I use it like an Assault Rifle and burst at longer ranges. It's my least favorite LMG though.

QBB LSW

Ditch FMJ and Silencer and run with stock and either red dot or ACOG. Run and Gun but with a lot more pre-ADS around corners. Laser sight also makes the QBB a really good hpifire machine.

Also take advantage of the fact that crouching and going prone very slightly increases accuracy.

There is also this setup, which is shitty at long range and requires burst firing at mid-long range but at short-mid range is great:

QBB w/quickdraw, laser, rapid fire
lightweight
toughness
dexterity
tac mask (perk 3 greed).

In close range it's a 3Hk firing at 1250 RPM, which is a great DPS.

xJavonta

Banned

This is why we need dedicated servers. This shit is bonkers.

Nebula

Ditch FMJ and Silencer and run with stock and either red dot or ACOG. Run and Gun but with a lot more pre-ADS around corners. Laser sight also makes the QBB a really good hpifire machine.

Also take advantage of the fact that crouching and going prone very slightly increases accuracy.

There is also this setup, which is shitty at long range and requires burst firing at mid-long range but at short-mid range is great:

QBB w/quickdraw, laser, rapid fire
lightweight
toughness
dexterity
tac mask (perk 3 greed).

In close range it's a 3Hk firing at 1250 RPM, which is a great DPS.

Given the issues it has at the moment, I was considering just amping the fire rate like you said and turning it into a close range hose gun. I'll have to take this set up and try it tomorrow. Hopefully it gives me a reason to enjoy the LSW.

SadAli

Neo Member
Anyone else having issues with the ps3 version today? Kept getting server unavailable messages followed by freeze ups in game. Never been an issue previously.

Gav47

This is why we need dedicated servers. This shit is bonkers.

Dedicated servers won't solve the problem, I'll still get shit games occasionally on PC, especially during off peak hours. They need to start including a server browser option on all versions of the game, in addition to matchmaking.

SadAli

Neo Member
After five minutes of trying to get online, two games that hardlocked my system, a 0/0 players online status and a welcome back message warning me about early quitting, everything seems to be working normally again now.

Jrmint

So I've started playing Mosh Pit and realized Hardpoint is really fun. I never played that mode before, but it is a blast.

Mosh Pit in general is really fun.

Mileena

Banned

Hahaha

We all paid $60 for this broken excuse of a game. I'm thinking I should just trade it in soon, they got our money already and clearly have no intention of fixing their broken product.

Top Bottom