• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God, Elite fucking blows.

I can't even access the roster to remove and add people. Can only add, and only if they apply.

Isn't that the truth, the most annoying thing to me, and it might seem silly to others, is that the clan operation stuff etc. is all based on EST time, their Mobile App corrects this, but something simple like making sure the right time is displayed for your location on the website apparently is too hard to do, or I at least have completely missed the option.

Trying to use the Elite app on 360 barely works, wont connect to half the menu items, for a game that was supposed to be far more integrated with Elite than MW3, it seems to be more broken than ever.

Yea, friends and I quite enjoy Die Rise, I am hoping for something more along the lines of Green Zone Tranzit though in fure, so another whole map with a bus, or something similar; but it was nice to have a whole proper level again. There should be more customisation options though, some people might enjoy having extra enemies that jump in now and then, but personally we just quite like taking a stand in a building without having to worry about the electric man or whatever those jumpy little shits are in die rise coming in and ruining our fun, lol.

That new Zombie mode is a bit meh though, it's pretty much what friends and I back in college would do with Alien vs Predator on PC, so we would split off and the Humans would have to defend the train while the Xenomorphs would have to take them out, it was a lot of fun. But Turned needs like, more than 4 players, it is pretty much Infection from MW3 (which to me was one of the most fun things to come from a CoD game) but on a much smaller scale, would have far preferred it expanded to more players combining co-operation and competitiveness.

I love not having a huge bus like map. TranZit was kinda lame after figuring out all the buildables and easter eggs. Nothing is more fun than having to run 20 miles between rounds to get stuff you need and getting attacked by the denizens/avogadro.

Die Rise is tons of fun because of all the areas you can play in and still have fun. The AN-94 is the best bullet weapon to date and it's a wall weapon, so ammo is rarely an issue. That also saves time when you would normally have to hit the box to get a gun. I just love the map. It's fun no matter where you are and similarly to Ascension, they have the acrobat creepy crawlie things every 4-5 rounds, which helps with max ammos (something tranzit didn't have) and makes the game go quicker. Having Round 80 be a 4 minute acrobat round is better than a 2 hour normal round :p. I managed to get to Round 34 in about 1hr 15 mins (theater mode confirms that :p) and in older CoDs, it'd take about 1hr to get to round 20. Another hour til round 30 and two more hrs til round 40. Now, I can actually play with 4 people if I wanted to and not worry about having to take forever. 2 people is still the best though :D

And Turned is pretty much identical to Juggernaut from MW3, not Infected. If it was more like Infected, I believe more people would play it and I would enjoy it a lot more. Since it's like Juggernaut, and they make the Jugg weaker and weaker after every kill, it's not really fun. You become Jugg. Get a few kills. Back to zombie. Rinse and repeat. The M1911 takes 2.5 clips to the head to kill and prob more if it's not a headshot, so yeah.

For a game that was supposed to be far more integrated with Elite than MW3, it seems to be more broken than ever.

MW3 was probably where Elite was integrated most. Elite was originally created for MW3 and I don't get why Black Ops 2 just downgraded it. Black Ops 1 beta days were the best though. 24 hour operations and only a few thousand would sign up. Sometimes they were hidden and I managed to get into one with about 150 people. You then party up with friends who joined with you and play all day getting CTF defends or returns or whatever. Doing HQ captures was the craziest thing I ever did in CoD. It was rushing the HQ and getting set up, just to leave immediately and let them destroy it, so you can capture more. The max was 9 a game and it was just exhilarating trying to do it so quickly. Sadly, the prizes weren't as good back in the day, so I only won a huge ass wall sticker and a hat :/ Nowadays they're harder to win too, since people have been practicing. The most kills in 3 hrs in FFA usually has the winner with just over 1000 kills, yet I can barely get over 700. 700 lands me in the top 25 or so usually, but nowhere near winning :(

Radec

^
Because ELITE is free now. No use of wasting resources on that.

-Activision

- - - -

IlFDs23.jpg

Is that emblem behind the Prestige Master emblem is one of the planned added prestige levels?

xJavonta

Banned
Lol guys the lag is bad but you can absolutely do well with it. I'm horrible at the PC version and I managed to finish at the top of the board in a couple of games, lag and all.

So after this weekend I am about to finish prestige 3...and starting to grow tired of blops2. So to mix it up thinking of going back to 1 for awhile, at least until next pack. But anyways, if I get some on the blops1 map packs do people still play them? Would it be necessary to get all of them to really play on them? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a pack that seems them together at a discount, which seems like a missed opportunity. Are they good for the most part? Any opinions helpful, thanks.

So after this weekend I am about to finish prestige 3...and starting to grow tired of blops2. So to mix it up thinking of going back to 1 for awhile, at least until next pack. But anyways, if I get some on the blops1 map packs do people still play them? Would it be necessary to get all of them to really play on them? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a pack that seems them together at a discount, which seems like a missed opportunity. Are they good for the most part? Any opinions helpful, thanks.

You'd definitely need all of them. Map Packs don't really matter anymore though cause there will be just a few lobbies in each game mode whether you have the maps or not.

Oh..damn. So your saying even if I did get them all, there wouldn't be very many players with them anyways?

Pretty much. You'll still have the enjoyment of playing the new maps, but it's not like you gain thousands of more players to play with. There will be more players with all map packs than none, but theres still not that many lobbies, so don't be shocked if you quit a game and go thru matchmaking again and end up in the same game.

I played a game of Sticks and Stones during the free PC weekend and I assume got paired up against two Treyarch guys. While they probably aren't the best ever at the game I still thought it was funny I beat them. Toxic was ahead of me most of the game by about 20 points till the last 30 seconds when I axed him. I proceeded to axe him a second time almost immediately afterwards. He was not amused. Sorry I posted this brag here, but I needed somebody to see it.

eek5

These guns handle and feel so different from Black ops guns it's hard to draw a direct comparison, I would say the Type 25 is probably the most similar to the AUG, but the similarities aren't many.

The SWAT w/ SF is a decent comparison as well. The SWAT has a similar recoil pattern as the AUG did but more pronounced. T25 mainly kicks to the right whereas the swat can kick either direction like the AUG did.

M8 is a gun that has a similar damage profile to the two but it kicks straight up.

The problem is the AUG and Famas were 3-4hk weapons and all of the high RPM assault rifles now are 3-5hk which makes them play a lot differently. One benefit of the T25 is it has a slightly tighter hip fire spread so it has better "oh shit!" CQB than the other ARs.

If you want 3-4hk then the SCAR is probably the best option but it is low RPM.

tl;dr: there are really no aug/famas-style guns in this game

I played a game of Sticks and Stones during the free PC weekend and I assume got paired up against two Treyarch guys. While they probably aren't the best ever at the game I still thought it was funny I beat them. Toxic was ahead of me most of the game by about 20 points till the last 30 seconds when I axed him. I proceeded to axe him a second time almost immediately afterwards. He was not amused. Sorry I posted this brag here, but I needed somebody to see it.

I hate sticks and stones so much. Getting axed feels really bad man :/

After taking a break for like 2 months I started playing again. I'm still working on Diamond SMGs.

I got the Scorpion gold during the double XP weekend though so now I'm working on the Chicom.

I find it highly inconsistent, sometimes I go on rampages other times I get nothing but assists. We'll see how it is once I get select fire.

I have half of the headshots done already though so that's nice.

After taking a break for like 2 months I started playing again. I'm still working on Diamond SMGs.

I got the Scorpion gold during the double XP weekend though so now I'm working on the Chicom.

I find it highly inconsistent, sometimes I go on rampages other times I get nothing but assists. We'll see how it is once I get select fire.

I have half of the headshots done already though so that's nice.

Select Fire on any gun that isn't fully automatic to start with just makes it worse. I have alotta kills with the Chicom and I find that it kills very quickly and seems to have a lot of range for SMGs. The problem with it is that it starts off with very low ammo. I like it. I'm not sure why everybody says it's so bad.

eek5

SF on the Chicom just makes it a shitty MP7. Not worth it IMO. I don't like the irons on it so I ended up using MMS which helped me stay on target a lot better. Some people recommend RDS.. whatever has good FoV usually works out decently.

I don't like RDS in Black Ops II or any game in the series that makes it magnify your view more than the iron sights do. That's what Target Finder, ACOG, and EOTech are for. Red Dot is there to help you be more precise by getting rid of the irons and giving you a dot, not for magnification.

Nebula

I just tried to play a game of Demolition and the same thing has happened. Every time during and after a DEXP weekend the game goes into meltdown for some reason. I was just constantly getting shafted by Ye Olde Lag Comp and just shut off my Xbox. I don't get how I can go from pulling host often and having little lag off host on MW3 to being a step behind everyone else on Blops.

I give up. The fact the Treyarch wont even accept that they obviously buggered the net code somewhere has made me lose complete faith in them, and I will no longer put money into the products they produce. Before you say in your head "everyone says they wont buy the next CoD", consider the fact that I never bought MW3 or any of the DLC and never bought Blops 2. My brother gave me them both after he found he didn't enjoy them.

He isn't buying them again, and he hasn't touched Blops 2 since it's release week. Guess I'm done with the game until they release a fix for the lag compensation issues.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm getting so bored of Hijacked, I mean it is pretty much just nuketown but so they can try and sell us nuketown again. The layouts are almost the same too with that typical two buildings facing each other with a gap in between and behind both.

I just get annoyed when people consistently choose it, and then when we do play it too much and the game locks it out for voting, the random map ends up being Hijacked anyway.

Jrmint

Select Fire on any gun that isn't fully automatic to start with just makes it worse. I have alotta kills with the Chicom and I find that it kills very quickly and seems to have a lot of range for SMGs. The problem with it is that it starts off with very low ammo. I like it. I'm not sure why everybody says it's so bad.
It isn't bad at all in select fire. I think the fire rate goes down slightly but stays at the same rate as the mp7 or vector, but more accurate than both. Lots of people don't aim as well in burst as full auto, so it makes sense to me.

any advice for a shotgun class? i kind of want to try something new after i finish prestiging the scar. the only time i ever used shotgun was in mw2, back when they were secondary weapons. the aa-12 was awesome lol

GenericUser

any advice for a shotgun class? i kind of want to try something new after i finish prestiging the scar. the only time i ever used shotgun was in mw2, back when they were secondary weapons. the aa-12 was awesome lol

you can make it a secondary in this game as well.

currently enjoying the ballista, awesome sniper. The fact that sniping is not completly useless is ... surprising, to someone that skipped MW3 and came straight from BO1.

It isn't bad at all in select fire. I think the fire rate goes down slightly but stays at the same rate as the mp7 or vector, but more accurate than both. Lots of people don't aim as well in burst as full auto, so it makes sense to me.

So you'd rather have the same gun with a lower RPM? In Call of Duty, rule of thumb is to always go with the higher RPMs. They're usually the most lethal because of how quickly they kill.

Tamanon

Banned

Shotguns are extremely strong in this game. Personally I like Lightweight/Scavenger/Engineer for a blitzing package. But you start to learn what areas to avoid as a shotgunner, especially if there's going to be a long stretch where you have to run and pray.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It feels good to be beating someone so badly that they switch to their diamond Remington class.

I just finished getting diamond for shotties today, have them for SMGs too. Only have 1 more level on the Remington before shotguns are at mastery. The M1216 might be my second favourite gun after the Chicom now.

Jrmint

So you'd rather have the same gun with a lower RPM? In Call of Duty, rule of thumb is to always go with the higher RPMs. They're usually the most lethal because of how quickly they kill.
I agree with you there, I don't personally do well with the lower fire rates either.

I feel like the difference in fire rate on the Chicom is negligible though. I do fine with select fire, I totally understand your point though.

Ground War has become party or bust, plus it seems like all the good players looking for a gameplay or something play it(well it's been that way for a while actually). Every match is so stacked and one sided now that Ground War has lost all fun, even if you're on the winning team. Not to mention some players like to go there just for the purpose of keeping their spm high (more people+more kills=more score ) and they do some shitty things to keep their spm high;The other day some guy on team repeatedly yelled at me because we had a team triple capped and I kept killing players trying to cap their flag back. He wanted the other team to cap a flag just so we could kill them AFTER they did so we could cap the flag back for more points, and when I didn't he said" God don't you know how to play for spm!?!?" smh.

I went back to regular 6v6, it's alot easier, less lag, better hit detection and much more relaxing. 9v9 feels like a chore to play now. 9v9 was great in MW2 and Black ops 1 where the maps where bigger and felt more appropriate for extra people, but now it doesn't work even when you don't take into account the other stuff I said.

The other day some guy on team repeatedly yelled at me because we had a team triple capped and I kept killing players trying to cap their flag back. He wanted the other team to cap a flag just so we could kill them AFTER they did so we could cap the flag back for more points, and when I didn't he said" God don't you know how to play for spm!?!?" smh.

In demolition, I'll let a person defuse and then kill them and re plant it, but not because of SPM, (which really doesn't mean anything, especially if you play party games or SnD), but because it gives you another kill to your killstreak, or in Black Ops 2, it gives you 325 score total instead of 175. It's a risk vs. reward type thing. I won't do it if I'm 350 score away from a swarm or something, but if i'm halfway to a vsat, i'll go for it, only if i know i'm not risking losing the round.

In demolition, I'll let a person defuse and then kill them and re plant it, but not because of SPM, (which really doesn't mean anything, especially if you play party games or SnD), but because it gives you another kill to your killstreak, or in Black Ops 2, it gives you 325 score total instead of 175. It's a risk vs. reward type thing. I won't do it if I'm 350 score away from a swarm or something, but if i'm halfway to a vsat, i'll go for it, only if i know i'm not risking losing the round.

I suppose that's fine, killstreaks can turn the tide of a match so I can't blame you, but if I'm on a team that's completely dominating another the last thing I want to do is toy with the other team for the sake of someone's stats,I just want to put them out of their misery and get the match other with.

Anyone else out there using the FAL as their primary? I'm going for diamond ARs and was loathing having to slog through the semi-auto ARs. But man, I am simply loving the FAL so far (it's replaced my typical SCAR and AN94 usage).

I've got it set up with a Grip and Select Fire and am having a lot of success with that combo. Only issue I have so far, though, is that I always forget what my Select Fire is set as, so I'll pull the trigger expecting full auto and it'll just pop out a single shot, and vice versa.

eek5

I suppose that's fine, killstreaks can turn the tide of a match so I can't blame you, but if I'm on a team that's completely dominating another the last thing I want to do is toy with the other team for the sake of someone's stats,I just want to put them out of their misery and get the match other with.

I'm with you there. If I'm playing hardpoint and we're up 248-10 I'll clear out a hardpoint and end the game unless one of my friends has a high scorestreak since they rarely get them. In that case I'll just go forward position and end the game safely on the next hardpoint.

I'm with you there. If I'm playing hardpoint and we're up 248-10 I'll clear out a hardpoint and end the game unless one of my friends has a high scorestreak since they rarely get them. In that case I'll just go forward position and end the game safely on the next hardpoint.

IMO, if you're up 248-10, then since you're gonna win anyway, you've earned the right to not play objective and just have a good time slaying for whatever time is remaining. Same in KC and other game modes like that, but I don't play them too often. None of it is for stats though. Stats barely mean anything, but it's just about having a good time. It's fun going on killstreaks/using them and it's fun just going around killing, not worrying about dying because you're playing objective. Of course, in demo you can never really do that, and you're constantly having to plant/guard bombs.

Fantasmo

The net code is a steaming pile of shit. But skill still rises to the top. (And I use skill loosely, this is CoD after all.)

Your first sentence does not match the second. If you know anything about videogames past "hey cool this button like totally makes my guy jump d00d", you'd know that. Also it'd be awesome if you knew just a teensy eensy weesy deensy peensy fleensy bit about reaction times and competition and how much it makes a difference, you'd know what a difference fucking with reaction times does to that competition. But apparently not.

Radec

If thats how you play hardpoint, then your doing it wrong. :p

Capture it, then let them capture it, then kill them, fhen capture it again and leave it again and repeat.

The points you will gain are ridiculous.

Capture it, then let them capture it, then kill them, fhen capture it again and leave it again and repeat.

I was doing this on Nuketown this weekend in one of the houses. You can get an Orbital Vsat in 3 kills this way lol.

eek5

I know you can cheese it but I don't really like to play that way. It's more exciting for me to defend a hardpoint and get 5-6 defends in a row. That's just me though.

I know you can cheese it but I don't really like to play that way. It's more exciting for me to defend a hardpoint and get 5-6 defends in a row. That's just me though.

I'll do this to start off a match, but once my team has a comfortable lead, why should i put myself in a danger area? All the enemies will know where I'm at and can easily figure out where in the hardpoint I am and prefire. It's the same reason I don't like headquarters much, because defending the HQ when you're the only one alive vs. 6 enemies is just suicide! So you pretty much have to die if you're playing objective, even after doing the right thing and capturing. The team destroying gets to go wherever they want to on the map, since the capturing team will be all dead.

Back to Hardpoint, If I have a huge lead, I'd rather pick enemies off as they're going towards the hardpoint, that way they're not capturing it, and if they do end up inside of it, I can easily kill the person and get the points for recapturing.

Your first sentence does not match the second. If you know anything about videogames past "hey cool this button like totally makes my guy jump d00d", you'd know that. Also it'd be awesome if you knew just a teensy eensy weesy deensy peensy fleensy bit about reaction times and competition and how much it makes a difference, you'd know what a difference fucking with reaction times does to that competition. But apparently not.

Can you really not drop this and stop shitting up the thread with the same argument that's been had 3829292 times in here? Everyone else dropped it.

Ensoul

Finally got the diamond cammo for the AR. What a grind that was. Those long shots are a bitch. Also I cannot tell you how many times I was one kill away from a bloodthirsty and I died.

Maybe I will try to get the diamond for the SMG. Not sure if I want to go though all that though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally got the diamond cammo for the AR. What a grind that was. Those long shots are a bitch. Also I cannot tell you how many times I was one kill away from a bloodthirsty and I died.

Maybe I will try to get the diamond for the SMG. Not sure if I want to go though all that though.

Diamond for SMGs is pretty easy. They don't have long shots, I think it's replaced with revenge kills. Most of them are solid enough that you can do no perks/no attachments at the same time too.

Ensoul

Diamond for SMGs is pretty easy. They don't have long shots, I think it's replaced with revenge kills. Most of them are solid enough that you can do no perks/no attachments at the same time too.

That's good to know. The long shots were the toughest ones to get. I had to camp which I hate doing to try and get long shots. Of course half the time the person across the screen has a sniper rife and I end up on the losing end of that exchange.

I may have to take a break from the game. My backlog is adding up and I need to work on it!

The fact stands if you are good at the game THEN YOU ARE GOOD AT THE GAME. Stop getting all up in arms because you are not. Everyone has to deal with lag so his statement makes sense.

Edit: And your whole crying about it messing with competition? Guess what unless you are playing in MLG or Championship bracket it doesn't matter. You are playing pubbies, stop calling that competition.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

I don't want to keep polluting the thread.

Here's my main point: let's say we could rank all the FPS players out there currently playing CoD, Halo, Resistance, Killzone, TF, CS, etc. We sort these players into five main buckets: very good players (average kdr >2), good players (average kdr >1, <2), average players (kdr ~ 1), poor players (kdr <1, >0.5), and very poor players (kdr < 0.5).

Then we throw all these players into a big, year long BLOPS 2 play fest. I guarantee that after 1 year, the majority of all the players would be in the same skill buckets that they were in before they started playing BLOPS 2. The very good FPS players would remain very good FPS players. The poor players would remain poor. The lag compensation that is unique to BLOPS 2 just wouldn't matter. It does not turn very good players into very bad players and vice versa.

Double Weapon XP this Friday.

woo. used the remington for the first time last night on express; pretty fun.

does the long barrel make a huge difference on the remington? is it a must have? i have a feeling the most common loadout for this is long barrel + laser or long barrel + quick draw.

right now im using:
remington + long barrel
lightweight + hardline
toughness
tac mask
flashbang
betty
wildcards - perk 1 & 2 greed

Top Bottom