• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

zeelman

I like how as soon as Double XP starts, extra lag kicks in and the whole game becomes even more frustrating to play. I figured I was having problems last time because I was using the KSG, but I've used SMGs virtually every game this time and its not any better.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I like how as soon as Double XP starts, extra lag kicks in and the whole game becomes even more frustrating to play. I figured I was having problems last time because I was using the KSG, but I've used SMGs virtually every game this time and its not any better.

Its been like this for every version of Duty since COD4 for me. I've never had a good double XP weekend.

Radec

Finally hit Master Prestige. If only I knew there's a double XP this weekend I never should have played like a farmer last week. Only manage to get 5 levels from this double xp :/

Oh well, I think I did good.

HpQtG8B.jpg

Fuck this game.

KuGsj.gif

I just don't know how much longer I can take this shit pc version anymore. I can't believe they still haven't fixed the higher ping kids having such an advantage and haven't balanced shit.

Hey You

Anybody else having troubles getting into a match in (Core) Kill confirmed on 360?

They are 19k in the playlist, yet when I enter the playlist I'm put into a lobby with only 1 or 2 other players.

strem

Anybody else having troubles getting into a match in (Core) Kill confirmed on 360?

They are 19k in the playlist, yet when I enter the playlist I'm put into a lobby with only 1 or 2 other players.

I've had this same problem all day. Any other mode is fine. It's just kill confirmed

tigerin

Has this game gotten any better since launched? Less lags, better maps etc? Thinking of picking it up again due to the sales target is having.

tigerin

That's good to hear. Because i have it on xbox and it was kinda laggy before. when you aim and shoot somebody, there always seem to have this lags that usually occurred in most treyarch's games.

I have never complained about COD connection issues before, but something has been really bugging me lately.

Every time I see a sniper across the map I will quickly duck behind a wall. 90% of the time I will die 1 - 2 seconds later. The kill cam never shows me retreating.

I don't know if it can be fixed, or if this is a single representation of a larger issue....but it is frustrating and I haven't seen it prior to this release.

Jrmint

I know it's been said before but that feature that plays the other guys mic when you kill them is the best thing ever.

Every time I killed this guy he was just raging, it was so great.

Fantasmo

I LOOOOVE the new ping on PC!

Now I can see that I have 34 ping (best in the room) and my score is usually the worst in the room.
Way to make it even more obvious you don't give a flying fuck Treyarch.
What a piece of shit.
I wish someone would dethrone them or hack the ever loving fuck out of the game to include user created maps and zero lag comp.

VariantX

I know it's been said before but that feature that plays the other guys mic when you kill them is the best thing ever.

Every time I killed this guy he was just raging, it was so great.

Its not about what you see apparently, its about what your killer sees. Even if you did go behind the wall/corner , if on his/her connection, he sees you exposed and hits you, you die.

eek5

Now I can see that I have 34 ping (best in the room) and my score is usually the worst in the room.
What a piece of shit.
I wish someone would dethrone them or hack the ever loving fuck out of the game to include user created maps and zero lag comp.

Maybe you should stop finding ways to make excuses for doing bad. If you really think it's "lag comp" then set you search preferences to allow you to join servers where you have up to 200ms ping.

BXRpvOx.png

I'm not having problems and I'm playing with two handicaps, your supposed "lag comp" and a controller. lmao

Nabs

Maybe you should stop finding ways to make excuses for doing bad. If you really think it's "lag comp" then set you search preferences to allow you to join servers where you have up to 200ms ping.

http://i.imgur.com/BXRpvOx.png

I'm not having problems and I'm playing with two handicaps, your supposed "lag comp" and a controller. lmao

how are you liking the free weekend?

eek5

how are you liking the free weekend?

It's alright. My mouse is broken so I can't use it (it keeps double clicking on single click). My computer runs the game OK though except for taking a bit long to load so I can never do opening rushes (game is already in motion by the time I load in). The FoV and resolution are really nice. It's super easy to spot people across the map in head glitches and see people flanking you. Running at 90 FoV feels weird as hell though. It looks so much faster than normal and kind of trips me out everytime I spawn in.

eek5, please watch the many videos on YouTube that prove there's lag compensation, even on local network LAN.

Thanks bro. That must be the biggest compliment I've gotten. I must be a BEAAAST with lag comp AND control scheme working against me!

BXRpvOx.png

My same thought, even when my connection screws me over a few times in a game I am never the lowest score. You can't blame all of it on connection, some of it is your skill.

Cudder

My same thought, even when my connection screws me over a few times in a game I am never the lowest score. You can't blame all of it on connection, some of it is your skill.
When other players have the ability to see you before you see them, "skill" goes out the fucking window.

When other players have the ability to see you before you see them, "skill" goes out the fucking window.

Yea and if you learn the map and the positions people like to go to you can negate that by getting behind them or surprising them. I'm not saying the connection doesnt need to be fixed, but people need to use there heads. When you keep going the same way and getting killed its time to switch it up.

Cudder

Yea and if you learn the map and the positions people like to go to you can negate that by getting behind them or surprising them. I'm not saying the connection doesnt need to be fixed, but people need to use there heads. When you keep going the same way and getting killed its time to switch it up.
Yeah, let's learn to negate every single head to head encounter in this game. That's fair and reasonable.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

What a piece of shit.

Back in the day I played Quake with a 56k connection against kids on college networks. We had a name for them: LPBs (low ping bastards).

Despite this severe handicap I would almost always finish top 3 each game.

For some reason you can't figure out that the problem is not with the game, Treyarch, or the connection but with your severe lack of skill.

BXRpvOx.png

I always thought you were a console player, or do you have both? I always wondered which player base was harder to compete against in CoD, The pc crowd or console?

I'm giving tips to get around the lag, if you would rather pout and scream about how the game sucks an easy solution is dont play.

The best way to deal with lag is to create distance and engage players from long range ( hard to do in this game ) or flank and shoot them from the side or back like you said.It's not impossible to do well in lag;all of MW3 was laggy as hell for me and I still did really well( It was my worst performing CoD though), but you'll still probably have a miserable experience though, which is why I dropped MW3

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I don't disagree but sometimes its alot easier said than done. Because its not just the connections that are shit. These tiny ass over-complicated maps and the freakish speed the game moves at all give the person with the connection advantage a much bigger advantage.

Starting to play Black Ops 2 again (On Xbox 360).

Had the game since launch but never play it, trying to get into it.

What's the best gun (aka the over-powered one)?

eek5

I always thought you were a console player, or do you have both? I always wondered which player base was harder to compete against in CoD, The pc crowd or console?

I play on 360 but it was free PC weekend on steam so I decided to give it a try. I can't really say which community is more skilled because PC is "flooded" with f2p players right now and from what I can tell, most are pretty bad (although there are a handful of console-to-pc players that are good)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm a 55, so unlocks isn't too much of a problem. I do have like 20 hours in the game.

I'll try the MSMC, what attachments do you recommend?

I use a silencer and red dot. I use a silencer on every gun and I don't care for the iron sights on the MSMC.

If you can manage the iron sights you could drop that for Quickdraw or Extended Mags.

I also use Ghost, Lightweight, Toughness, and Dexterity for perks. Then I pair a shock charge and a Betty together otherwise people just run right though my Betties.

No secondary.

Fantasmo

BXRpvOx.png

Maybe you should stop finding ways to make excuses for the lag compensation. If you really think it's "not lag comp" then maybe you should play other games where lag compensation is not an issue. Games where people can unequivocally agree that lag, real lag, is a thing, and not imagined, and you can easily knowingly, when you're not a douche, be truthful about both losing, and about a bad server. And when you join a better server, where you are much more equal to your opponents, you can rightfully say you're outplayed, as I do. Because I have something called respect, and when I lose to being outplayed, I respect my opponents. As I always have. Quit trying to make fools out of people who actually know what they're talking about, and quit defending crap products. Don't you dare though, try to sell people on ME blaming a bad game on my being outplayed. Because I ALWAYS.. ALWAYS give props when I get outplayed. You and RSTEIN can talk shit all you like, people like you are just shit talkers because you have nothing better to do than shit on people who actually have an unresolved issue. Absolutely shameful.

And that's just a small slice. I have tons of high scoring games including hundreds of ace S&D games. I can be on the wrong side of ping and do well too. You first inclination is to insult me? Why? Because I'm talking reality, and you're trying to make a fool me because maybe.. just maybe you're on the good side and its working for you..

My shots OFTEN, NO FREQUENTLY DO NOT LAND ON PERFECT SHOTS in BO2.

AT
PING
THAT
IS
A
REAL
PROBLEM

If I get outshot, fine. If I shoot at someone (and this happens HUNDREDS of times a game in BO2), and there are no hitmarkers at all, you know what? I'm gonna blame the damn game.

LMAO indeed... don't talk to me unless you have something useful to actually contribute.

RSTEIN

Maybe you should stop finding ways to make excuses for the lag compensation. If you really think it's "not lag comp" then maybe you should play other games where lag compensation is not an issue. Games where people can unequivocally agree that lag, real lag, is a thing, and not imagined, and you can easily knowingly, when you're not a douche, be truthful about both losing, and about a bad server. And when you join a better server, where you are much more equal to your opponents, you can rightfully say you're outplayed, as I do. Because I have something called respect, and when I lose to being outplayed, I respect my opponents. As I always have. Quit trying to make fools out of people who actually know what they're talking about, and quit defending crap products. Don't you dare though, try to sell people on ME blaming a bad game on my being outplayed. Because I ALWAYS.. ALWAYS give props when I get outplayed. You and RSTEIN can talk shit all you like, people like you are just shit talkers because you have nothing better to do than shit on people who actually have an unresolved issue. Absolutely shameful.

It's just a game. Play another one if it gets you so worked up.

Fantasmo

It's just a game. Play another one if it gets you so worked up.
Is that what you were thinking when you decided to insult me? Something made you ATTACK me, now all of a sudden when logic hit the equation, something you couldn't argue with, NOW... now you drop to its just a game?

Really. RSTEIN?

So you insult people right out of the gate, for something you know is broken? That's REALLY fucked up RSTEIN.

I wonder if you have anything you're passionate about? It'd probably upset you if someone outright attacked you.
I'm willing to bet it would RSTEIN.

RSTEIN

Is that what you were thinking when you decided to insult me? Something made you ATTACK me, now all of a sudden when logic hit the equation, something you couldn't argue with, NOW... now you drop to its just a game?

Really. RSTEIN?

So you insult people right out of the gate, for something you know is broken? That's REALLY fucked up RSTEIN.

I wonder if you have anything you're passionate about? It'd probably upset you if someone outright attacked you.
I'm willing to bet it would RSTEIN.

The net code is a steaming pile of shit. But skill still rises to the top. (And I use skill loosely, this is CoD after all.)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well this pack has good maps and Die Rise is just amazing.

Yea, friends and I quite enjoy Die Rise, I am hoping for something more along the lines of Green Zone Tranzit though in fure, so another whole map with a bus, or something similar; but it was nice to have a whole proper level again. There should be more customisation options though, some people might enjoy having extra enemies that jump in now and then, but personally we just quite like taking a stand in a building without having to worry about the electric man or whatever those jumpy little shits are in die rise coming in and ruining our fun, lol.

That new Zombie mode is a bit meh though, it's pretty much what friends and I back in college would do with Alien vs Predator on PC, so we would split off and the Humans would have to defend the train while the Xenomorphs would have to take them out, it was a lot of fun. But Turned needs like, more than 4 players, it is pretty much Infection from MW3 (which to me was one of the most fun things to come from a CoD game) but on a much smaller scale, would have far preferred it expanded to more players combining co-operation and competitiveness.

God, Elite fucking blows.

I can't even access the roster to remove and add people. Can only add, and only if they apply.

And yay, internet drama bullshit. Break it up, ladies.

Top Bottom