• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

woo. used the remington for the first time last night on express; pretty fun.

does the long barrel make a huge difference on the remington? is it a must have? i have a feeling the most common loadout for this is long barrel + laser or long barrel + quick draw.

right now im using:
remington + long barrel
lightweight + hardline
toughness
tac mask
flashbang
betty
wildcards - perk 1 & 2 greed

Long barrel + laser sight always. Quick draw isn't worth it since the hip-fire is so good close-quarters with Laser, and if you're shooting at a distance longer than the laser can handle, you should be able to afford the small amount of extra time not having Quickdraw would add.

Long barrel + laser sight always. Quick draw isn't worth it since the hip-fire is so good close-quarters with Laser, and if you're shooting at a distance longer than the laser can handle, you should be able to afford the small amount of extra time not having Quickdraw would add.

good point. i actually liked using the remington without laser sight (havent unlocked it yet), so i'll give it a shot. does fast mags for the remington increase the speed of the pump before each shot, or just strictly reloading?

good point. i actually liked using the remington without laser sight (havent unlocked it yet), so i'll give it a shot. does fast mags for the remington increase the speed of the pump before each shot, or just strictly reloading?

It halves the amount of time it takes to put in shells. Either that or makes it put in two at a time. Either way, not worth it. I like to run Fast Mags on the magazine-based shotguns though.

The fact stands if you are good at the game THEN YOU ARE GOOD AT THE GAME. Stop getting all up in arms because you are not. Everyone has to deal with lag so his statement makes sense.

Edit: And your whole crying about it messing with competition? Guess what unless you are playing in MLG or Championship bracket it doesn't matter. You are playing pubbies, stop calling that competition.

No one ever can just fucking drop this. I swear to god.

eek5

woo. used the remington for the first time last night on express; pretty fun.

does the long barrel make a huge difference on the remington? is it a must have? i have a feeling the most common loadout for this is long barrel + laser or long barrel + quick draw.

right now im using:
remington + long barrel
lightweight + hardline
toughness
tac mask
flashbang
betty
wildcards - perk 1 & 2 greed

I'd run dexterity instead of tac mask or hardline. Being able to exit sprint and OHK faster is huge IMO.

Ryck

If anything drop Toughness, it is absolutely unnecessary on a shotgun. I actually don't run with a second perk at all in most of my classes.

If anything drop Toughness, it is absolutely unnecessary on a shotgun. I actually don't run with a second perk at all in most of my classes.

This is true, I don't really value Toughness all that much, even though I know there's certain situations it would come in handy. I actually usually prefer Scavenger, Fast Hands, or nothing at all.

Just about Diamond'd my ARs. Just gotta get another 100 kills with the M8A1 no perks/attachments, and that will be that. Just in time to start with the SMGs via the Peacekeeper, which I think I'll really enjoy.

thanks for the advice guys. i'm going to drop toughness, but i'm only at level 37 (3rd prestige) so i have to wait for scavenger. i'll just leave that as an empty slot and add a laser sight. i actually tried extreme conditioning; it was fun running and chasing people down to get into OHK range lol i'll put dexterity back on so next time i play my loadout should be:

remington + long barrel + laser sight
lightweight + hardline
dexterity + tac mask
betty
perk 1 & 3 greed

once i get scavenger i'll switch to a new loadout for this create-a-class.

Ryck

That's pretty much my Remington class except I run with the EMP grenade. (Or tac insert for demo or sometimes both EMP and tac on certain classes)

thanks for the advice guys. i'm going to drop toughness, but i'm only at level 37 (3rd prestige) so i have to wait for scavenger. i'll just leave that as an empty slot and add a laser sight. i actually tried extreme conditioning; it was fun running and chasing people down to get into OHK range lol i'll put dexterity back on so next time i play my loadout should be:

remington + long barrel + laser sight
lightweight + hardline
dexterity + tac mask
betty
perk 1 & 3 greed

once i get scavenger i'll switch to a new loadout for this create-a-class.

Betties are always a fine choice for chucking around, but if I'm playing in a mobile fashion, I find C4 can be a much more destructive option. Especially when you come across a cluster of people or someone bunkered down.

Also: Diamond ARs & Prestige Master acquired. Awright.

Betties are always a fine choice for chucking around, but if I'm playing in a mobile fashion, I find C4 can be a much more destructive option. Especially when you come across a cluster of people or someone bunkered down.

Also: Diamond ARs & Prestige Master acquired. Awright.

i'll try c4 out for my remington class when i unlock it in a few levels, though i did get a triple kill with a betty last night when i got rushed lol

Does anyone know how many people you can have playing on a lan/system link setup?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer online, but was hoping we could get 10-12 people with 5-6 machines.

PS3 or 360 doesn't make a difference.

U2NUMB

^
Because ELITE is free now. No use of wasting resources on that.

-Activision

- - - -

IlFDs23.jpg

Is that emblem behind the Prestige Master emblem is one of the planned added prestige levels?

Here it is with the brightness turned up
IlFDs23.jpg

zeelman

Its just a screw up by the COD Elite team. There are no plans for more Prestiges. It wouldn't make sense given Prestige Master.

I have the MTAR and M27 finished and I'm working on the Scar now. Were any of them particularly tough?

Type-25 is a bit weird. It's like an inverse Peacekeeper, in the sense that it has the handling traits of an AR but damage similar to an SMG. I did pretty well with it by putting attachments to make it more like an SMG, but it's something to be aware of.

SWAT, and to a lesser extent, the M8A1, can be a bitch, especially without attachments. I swear, I'll shoot four or five bursts sometimes and not kill a damn thing. Overall, it wasn't too bad.

Also: run stock all day every day. You'd be surprised how much the boosted ADS movement helps. At long range it can make you almost impossible to hit, helping you to win long-range battles much more reliably. And quickly strafing around a corner means you're always ready to aim and fire.

smr00

Banned
How is the game on PC? I have been out of the COD loop since MW1.

Having just got a new PC since that time i am interested in shooters. Last i played it was bombarded with glitchers/hackers just wondering how well they deal with that now.

I have the MTAR and M27 finished and I'm working on the Scar now. Were any of them particularly tough?

I diamond the AR's as well. I hated the SMR, and found it to be the most difficult. Or at least the one I had 0 fun completing.
I battled bouts of depression and thoughts of quitting over that gun.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's something about the target finder that's giving me more headshots than normal. Maybe it's just the recoil at longer range, but even close up with the SWAT I was messing around with the TF because Carrier came up and I got 12 headshots in a game.

Nabs

Having just got a new PC since that time i am interested in shooters. Last i played it was bombarded with glitchers/hackers just wondering how well they deal with that now.

It's good on PC. It's too bad you missed the free weekend, you could have given it a test drive.

If you plan on grabbing it, get it from Amazon for 30-40. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3RN2I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 use the code CAGROCKS to drop it to 30.

bigf00t

It's been pretty good for me so far. Only seen maybe one or two hackers in the 120+ hours of MP I've put in on this game. Certainly no where near as bad as it was in MW2. That game was filled with them, it was disgusting.

If you do end up picking it up add me on steam if you want: radblastedmutie. I'm usually on a couple nights a week.

There's something about the target finder that's giving me more headshots than normal. Maybe it's just the recoil at longer range, but even close up with the SWAT I was messing around with the TF because Carrier came up and I got 12 headshots in a game.

I often had to switch to Acog, for head shots. Just seemed easier than target finder, but that just me because I instinctively aim low.

eek5

I didn't like the SWAT at all. The MTAR and M27 were also not very enjoyable after 100 headshots but you've gotten that over with already. M8 was a bit tough because I don't like the iron sights but other than that the rest were a breeze for me.

I didn't like the SWAT at all. The MTAR and M27 were also not very enjoyable after 100 headshots but you've gotten that over with already. M8 was a bit tough because I don't like the iron sights but other than that the rest were a breeze for me.

Yeah SWAT SMR where the two worst! Ever!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
My bro and I already finished 100 headshots on the SMR so that part is done at least. I don't mind the no perks/no attachment stuff so I'll probably roll through that and he can mop up the rest.

Jrmint

This is slightly offtopic but I figured it's appropriate in this thread.

Can someone explain to me how a capture card works? Do I plug it into my console and then unplug and put it into my pc, or does it need to be connected to both at the same time?

Also can anyone recommend which one I should get?

smr00

Banned
It's good on PC. It's too bad you missed the free weekend, you could have given it a test drive.

If you plan on grabbing it, get it from Amazon for 30-40. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3RN2I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 use the code CAGROCKS to drop it to 30.
Yeah this is what sparked my interest in it.

I was going to get the $30 BF3 premium on origin today but it went off sale. Personally i am more of a fan of close quarters FPS ala counter-strike. Are the map packs necessary right now? or can i go without for awhile or until a sale?

eek5

This is slightly offtopic but I figured it's appropriate in this thread.

Can someone explain to me how a capture card works? Do I plug it into my console and then unplug and put it into my pc, or does it need to be connected to both at the same time?

Also can anyone recommend which one I should get?

I'm using hauppauge HD PVR right now mainly because it uses component loophole. You probably want to do a bit of research and find one that supports HDMI so you have some future proofing. I heard the intensity is a pain in the ass to set up

Basically the set-up I'm using is console->hdpvr->monitor then the hdpvr is hooked up to my pc via USB.

Jrmint

I'm using hauppauge HD PVR right now mainly because it uses component loophole. You probably want to do a bit of research and find one that supports HDMI so you have some future proofing. I heard the intensity is a pain in the ass to set up

Basically the set-up I'm using is console->hdpvr->monitor then the hdpvr is hooked up to my pc via USB.

Well my issue is that my PC is in the other room across the apartment from my console.

Does it work to hook it up to the console, do your recording, then unplug it from the console and upload the videos to your PC? I wouldn't be able to connect it to both at the same time.

eek5

Well my issue is that my PC is in the other room across the apartment from my console.

Does it work to hook it up to the console, do your recording, then unplug it from the console and upload the videos to your PC? I wouldn't be able to connect it to both at the same time.

Unfortunately not. :(

Yeah this is what sparked my interest in it.

I was going to get the $30 BF3 premium on origin today but it went off sale. Personally i am more of a fan of close quarters FPS ala counter-strike. Are the map packs necessary right now? or can i go without for awhile or until a sale?

You can go w/o them forever and have no prob.

How full are the map pack maps on PC? I'm debating getting at least the first one, but if the playlist a lot less people I don't think I'll bother.

Ensoul

Right now I'm running with the dragonfire (I'm trying to get all the scorestreak cards unlocked). It is just me or is this thing really weak? It feels like I have to hit a guy 10 times before he dies.

It is weak. Not only does it take countless shots to kill someone but the dragonfly has zero armor so it is easy to take down with just a normal gun.

zeelman

Like all the player controlled scorestreaks, the bullets are very dependent on the connection. If you don't have a good host, trying to snipe with it sometimes works. People who don't bother to shoot things down help, too. :)

I usually get 0-3 kills a Dragonfire doing this.

You could also trying playing Hardcore KC. It kills in one to two bullets. Just keep it low, though. People tend to shoot things down very fast in HC.

Top Bottom