• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Dammit I knew I should have screen capped that tweet last night. Someone asked Vahn what he thought of PS4 and he basically said "dunno, we don't have an SDK but hope it's good'. Sounds like CoD development is going to continue with Xbox being their platform of choice.

Tamanon

Banned
Dammit I knew I should have screen capped that tweet last night. Someone asked Vahn what he thought of PS4 and he basically said "dunno, we don't have an SDK but hope it's good'. Sounds like CoD development is going to continue with Xbox being their platform of choice.

It'll probably be the same relationship as now.

But if Destiny is great, then I won't care what platform CoD is primary.

Hey You

So BLOPS 3 possibly won't be releasing on PS4 next year?

xJavonta

Banned
It should be in your Steam library. You may have to restart for it to show up.

Ahh okay lemme try the client. I tried accessing it from the browser.

Edit: Any PC players that want to play later tonight? I have work until 8 PM CST, but I plan on playing all night tonight.

Steam ID: xJavontax

So BLOPS 3 possibly won't be releasing on PS4 next year?

There's no way Activision is going to not deploy their biggest money maker on multiple platforms. I believe the early PS4 SDK's were not given openly to any developers, but select developers chosen by Sony.

The Witcher was just confirmed for PS4 today and the statement from CD Projekt RED read: "We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4." So it definitely sounds like early SDK's were invite only. Not too surprising they didn't bother with Treyarch given their relationship with Microsoft.

Anyone else have this problem?

When my wife and I are signed in and ready to play (same console) I cannot invite anyone. However, we can join other friends lobbies. If my wife signs out, I can send an invite. This has happened for a long time.

Anyone else have this problem?

When my wife and I are signed in and ready to play (same console) I cannot invite anyone. However, we can join other friends lobbies. If my wife signs out, I can send an invite. This has happened for a long time.

Stealth brag!

:(

My Fiance doesn't even know how to turn the fkn Xbox on.

Gav47

Anyone else getting horrible connections on the PC after the patch. Every game I join I get 1-2 bars, it was fine pre-patch.

Gav47

Are you still set to "best"? Maybe something got reset.

I tried all the preferences with no change, still getting connection interrupted pop ups and terrible elastic banding. There's plenty of people complaining about it so hopefully they'll fix it before the weekend.

The season pass is 37.50 on Amazon with the coupon CAGROCKS (one time use only)

zeelman

The PC version is giving me much worse connections then the console version. The 360 flips between Open and Moderate NAT with no real difference, but Moderate NAT is just painful on the PC version. It requires the same ports as the console version, I don't know why its not working. Glad they did this free trial so I could find out!

Radec

Last night was probably my best night in this game. Getting 15k/game in like 7 games straight is so satisfying. Its like christmas noobs just prestiged lol.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm really bad at the PC version. I was really good at MW2 PC though so idk why I can't play anymore. Maybe it's because my old mouse broke and I've been using this thing ever since. It feels like a huge handicap.

xrLyTEB.jpg
Sorry the picture is so dark, it's late and I'm going to bed so I dimmed the lights in my room.

It's so lightweight, which sucks. I like heavy mice because I just feel like I can control it more. I can't afford to upgrade my mouse yet either :(

eek5

For snipers/lmgs, going prone/crouching will increase center speed (effectively reducing recoil)

The following are the CenterSpeed increases applied to your weapon when you duck or go prone. (First number is the ducked multiplier, second is prone):

Assault Rifles, Submachine Guns, Shotguns, Pistols and HAMR: 1.0 and 1.0
Light Machine Guns (except HAMR) and SVU-AS: 1.1 and 1.2
Ballista and DSR-50: 1.15 and 1.25
XPR-50: 1.3 and 1.6

Example: You're holding an LSAT (base CenterSpeed = 1750) and you go prone to shoot your weapon. Your CenterSpeed is now 1750 * 1.2 = 2100.

for comparison, grip is a 1.02 multiplier

Nabs

How's the pc f2p for those who tried it? Are the pc veterans destroying you?

The last lobby I played in had mostly new players and they all held their own. If you have played enough of it on console, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I recommend going into a private match to test out your settings (mouse sens, fov, fps, button config) before jumping in.

The last lobby I played in had mostly new players and they all held their own. If you have played enough of it on console, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I recommend going into a private match to test out your settings (mouse sens, fov, fps, button config) before jumping in.

This is VERY important. Once you're comfortable with the motions you have to make, transferring over shouldn't be too jarring an experience.

ALSO, make sure you disable Mouse Smoothing in your OS's options. This will make it so that you can develop proper muscle memory, so that moving a certain distance will always translate to the same in-game rotation, no matter how fast you're moving.

Jrmint

Yea I was thinking that as well.

I'll probably stay out of Domination too, that's where most pro players are at on PC it seems.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
so while prestiging, my kdr has dropped in playing mostly kill confirmed. but man, once i get bouncing betties + scavenger that shit jumps straight up.

Running with two bouncing betties is amazing. I'm a mid-range assault rifle player. I like to hold choke points, move slowly, etc. Most rooms have just two main ways to enter. I'll plop one betty at one entrance and the other at the other entrance. Even if they don't kill the enemy when they enter the room, I'll get a nice warning that my betty has been destroyed, allowing me to ambush the guy as he walks into the room.

Running with two bouncing betties is amazing. I'm a mid-range assault rifle player. I like to hold choke points, move slowly, etc. Most rooms have just two main ways to enter. I'll plop one betty at one entrance and the other at the other entrance. Even if they don't kill the enemy when they enter the room, I'll get a nice warning that my betty has been destroyed, allowing me to ambush the guy as he walks into the room.

I find that, whether it's a shite connection or just my general suckiness, I very often still get killed after the warning of a betty going off or being destroyed.

RSTEIN

I find that, whether it's a shite connection or just my general suckiness, I very often still get killed after the warning of a betty going off or being destroyed.

Well, the betty still needs to be a good distance away from you. But I hear you, I get killed lots too, especially if the person is running lightweight, knife, etc.

eek5

Betties are terrible for getting kills with against decent players. Almost everyone knows that you can just duck to avoid them by now.

A lot of people run either engineer or flak jacket so they can just blast right through them.

The biggest advantage of the betty is that it is loud as shit. When I use them, it's mainly as a soundwhore device to let me know somebody is coming. Place it far enough that you can hear it spin up and give you time to react and never expect it to actually cover your back.

Claymores are better for covering you against non-engineer/flak jacket people but the click is nearly silent so you can't use it to let you know if someone is coming.

Jrmint

While I completely agree with all the counter measures you mention Eek I still find I get quite a few kills with the Betties.

It's quite funny actually. Honestly when I play now I just know where to expect them, so I'm usually crouching before it even goes off.

RSTEIN

Betties are terrible for getting kills with against decent players. Almost everyone knows that you can just duck to avoid them by now.

I've played about 700 TDM matches and have 400 betty kills. I don't think I would get as many kills with the semtex, 'nades, or C4 (given my play style). Plus they act as a threat detection system which is a huge bonus.

for "camping" or whatever you want to call it, shock charges>>>bouncing betties

Betties aren't gonna get you many kills against decent players, not many people run tactical mask and you can't run past a shock charge with lightweight like you can with Betties, so you don't have to worry about it working only half the time, the sound it makes is just as loud as the sound the Betty makes so you'll always be alerted, and you can fling it really far which makes it very versatile.

Not saying Betties are bad for the job though.

Tamanon

Banned
I've played about 700 TDM matches and have 400 betty kills. I don't think I would get as many kills with the semtex, 'nades, or C4 (given my play style). Plus they act as a threat detection system which is a huge bonus.

My main problem with Betties is that it also gives away my position to any Engineers. But they're generally my go-to for explosives.

Betties have two purposes for me:
1) They give you more time planting, especially on hijacked, where it's nearly impossible to plant without one (and Slums too). If you throw one in the direction you know they're coming from, it'll kill them and you can continue your plant and get it off, instead of them walking in and killing you.
2) They watch your flank. Throw one behind you and you don't have to deal with that area until it's destroyed or kills somebody. And if it goes off, but doesn't kill the person, then you'll know they're coming.
3) MW3 also added the third purpose that you could place it on a spawnpoint and enemies wouldn't spawn there, so it protected you from that (worked wonders on Hardhat!). Black Ops 2 is dumb enough to still allow people to spawn on them and I've gotten triple kills that way lol.

If you're going to be camping, shock charges definitely are better. If you're betty gives away your position, then you're doing it wrong. The way I play, betties are definitely the best thing in the category. Everything else is pretty much useless to me, but betties are actually important to me, so I spend a point on them. They save lives.

Also, the reason I like betties > claymores is that you can throw them (similarly how portable radar is 100 times better than motion sensor). Claymores and motion sensors are more annoying because you have to go to the area you want to place it.

And despite betties having like 1000 counters in this game (flak jacket, lightweight, black hat, engineer, emp nades, going prone/crouch, and prob more i forgot), they're still more effective than mw3 betties (though alotta people did run stalker and going prone was easier.) according to my CoD Elite.

I've used 6,433 in Black Ops 2 and gotten 1,537 kills with them and have only died to them 102 times, without using any counters besides just going prone.

In MW3, I used 12,598 and gotten 2,293 kills. There's no killed by in MW3, so can't tell you that :p

Nabs

13k used, 2400 kills. I use scavenger, so I toss one after every kill. It usually comes in handy, even if I don't get a kill.

Also i plan on playing Nuketown tonite, so if anybody wants to join, then PM me.

You know best how you play, so if you think you wouldn't do to well, then don't bother cause map control is 100 times more important on Nuketown and it's difficult to play with even 1 bad person on a team of 6.

I'm kinda sad that in this years version they took out CTF, SND, and FFA, which were all fun. TDM, KC, and HQ are absolutely horrible on Nuketown and give little to no xp. During the first Nuketown wekend, Demolition showed up the most with Domination just behind, which I loved cause those are the best two game modes for Nuketown :D (Especially demolition :p)

Anyway if we get a good party going, this can be alotta fun. High kill games and wins and all, but since demo is a shorter game mode now, beatin records from Black Ops 1 may be quite difficult.

I've posted before about my frustration with Claymores, and lately have been running with Betties...although I have my issues with them, too.

I find it bewildering that while things like frags and Semtex are harmless to you if you or a teammate threw it, while a betty or claymore can kill you if you're caught in its blast radius.

Secondly, absolutely hate the inconsistency of the game alerting you if an enemy destroys your claymore or betty. Used to be that a VO would play along the lines of "the enemy has destroyed your equipment." That gave you a little time to prepare for a confrontation. Now, it seems that the VO plays sporadically, at best.

I usually run a class now with Danger Close, with two betties. But given how ineffective I find them overall now, I just usually toss 'em and forget them and don't even worry about trying to find strategic placements for them.

eek5

I mostly only play TDM and I didn't start using betties again until 10th prestige.

7slhHqc.png

The kill percentage of betties has dropped WAY off as people have adapted to them. Yeah, you still get kills but it was nothing like when the game first launched.

Kill against usage doesn't tell the whole story though. Betties can be used for detection purposes even if they don't get you a kill and they're easier to place than claymores so you can quickly deploy them to watch a flank without worrying about placement at all.

without using any counters besides just going prone.

FYI you only have to crouch to avoid betty explosive radius

FYI you only have to crouch to avoid betty explosive radius

Yeah i know, but in MW3 you had to go prone, so I'm still used to that and going prone is better cause if the person is near their betty, then it's like you're already dropshotting them.

Also, you're one of the only people I've ever seen in any CoD game that has a better claymore kill % than betty.

eek5

Yeah i know, but in MW3 you had to go prone, so I'm still used to that and going prone is better cause if the person is near their betty, then it's like you're already dropshotting them.

Also, you're one of the only people I've ever seen in any CoD game that has a better claymore kill % than betty.

I only used about 100 until I hit 10th prestige so my stats are heavily skewed towards the more recent "meta game"

I only used about 100 until I hit 10th prestige so my stats are heavily skewed towards the more recent "meta game"

Yeah I've always felt like betties are worse in this game, but I have a better betty kill % in this game, but I'm starting to think that mine is only that high cause of all the nuketown I've played everytime they bring it back.

Top Bottom