• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Like all the player controlled scorestreaks, the bullets are very dependent on the connection. If you don't have a good host, trying to snipe with it sometimes works. People who don't bother to shoot things down help, too. :)

I usually get 0-3 kills a Dragonfire doing this.

You could also trying playing Hardcore KC. It kills in one to two bullets. Just keep it low, though. People tend to shoot things down very fast in HC.

What do you mean "snipe" with it? Zoom in?

neoism

so whats the deal with sharing.. My cousin shared the season pass with me along with that zombie map a month ago, and its now gone from my download list, and it won't let me download the map-pack... ?

i havent bought the map pack yet, but i do have a few questions.

does the map pack apply to all multiplayer modes? also, i forgot how this works if you have a party and one of your members doesnt have the map pack.

tangent: man people get SUPER salty when you kill them with the remington lol

Ensoul

so whats the deal with sharing.. My cousin shared the season pass with me along with that zombie map and month ago, and its now gone from my download list, and it won't let me download the map-pack... ?

You can share the season pass? Unless I am missing something I don't think you can do that?

neoism

i havent bought the map pack yet, but i do have a few questions.

does the map pack apply to all multiplayer modes? also, i forgot how this works if you have a party and one of your members doesnt have the map pack.

tangent: man people get SUPER salty when you kill them with the remington lol
I think you can't play hardcore on them... :(
You can share the season pass? Unless I am missing something I don't think you can do that?
not sure it was in my download list until that patch came when the xbox got the maps... so I wonder if he can share the revolution map-pack... don't have anymore money for Activation...

xJavonta

Banned
This is slightly offtopic but I figured it's appropriate in this thread.

Can someone explain to me how a capture card works? Do I plug it into my console and then unplug and put it into my pc, or does it need to be connected to both at the same time?

Also can anyone recommend which one I should get?

This this is supposed to be fucking amazing. I'm looking at getting one myself.

Well my issue is that my PC is in the other room across the apartment from my console.

Does it work to hook it up to the console, do your recording, then unplug it from the console and upload the videos to your PC? I wouldn't be able to connect it to both at the same time.

Oh, well in that case no. They don't have HDDs built into them. You'd be better off borrowing a laptop or something and getting a USB capture card.

Ive concluded that this is one of the worst map packs ever. I don't care for any of them especially grind. That is a stupid stupid map.

Hydro is as close to ok as your going to get with these maps. They should have given us Summit damn it. Best map of blops. One of the best maps of all time.

Ensoul

Played 3 of the 4 now. Mirage and Hyrdo both seem cool. The jury is still out on Grind.

Grind is decent. Reminds me slightly of the hockey arena map from Black ops. Just try to avoid the center of the map because everybody enters and you end up getting lit up shortly after entering.

Ive concluded that this is one of the worst map packs ever. I don't care for any of them especially grind. That is a stupid stupid map.

Hydro is as close to ok as your going to get with these maps. They should have given us Summit damn it. Best map of blops. One of the best maps of all time.

I thought the first map pack for black ops was worse. I agree about summit. Great map. I want to see that and firing range and I will be happy.

Remember...............................

500x_cod4_loadscreen_mp_crash.jpg

ambushmiddle.jpg

Black-Ops_Summit_TDM_Wii-article_image.jpg

eek5

Right now I'm running with the dragonfire (I'm trying to get all the scorestreak cards unlocked). It is just me or is this thing really weak? It feels like I have to hit a guy 10 times before he dies.

I fly low with it and eliminate the vertical element for the most part so you just have to worry about aiming and flying forward. You can also hold LT to "ADS". You start moving slower but your shots are way more on-point. You should also consider running CUAV+Dragonfire then saving the CUAV for when you get the dragonfire and launching both at the same time. It mitigates the dragonfire's biggest weakness of showing up on the radar.

Here is some footage of me doing work with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3KKHh5VyU

It's a lot of fun..... when you don't get instadestroyed :lol

Tamanon

Banned
I'm enjoying Grind thus far, but man, Headquarters on that map is a bloodbath. Looks like it's the only map thrown in the Chaos Moshpit thus far.

Downhill has been alright from the few times I've played it, finally a good sniper map, and the sniping isn't basically invincible since each building has multiple paths and corridors to it.

Hydro is alright, but I haven't really gotten a feel for it yet, neither with Mirage.

I fly low with it and eliminate the vertical element for the most part so you just have to worry about aiming and flying forward. You can also hold LT to "ADS". You start moving slower but your shots are way more on-point. You should also consider running CUAV+Dragonfire then saving the CUAV for when you get the dragonfire and launching both at the same time. It mitigates the dragonfire's biggest weakness of showing up on the radar.

Here is some footage of me doing work with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3KKHh5VyU

It's a lot of fun..... when you don't get instadestroyed :lol

From what I remember, they actually buffed it a bit too in the latest update to make it a bit more deadly. But, I'm also a fan of the Dragonfire, too. I find it amazing that a of the time when I play, folks just totally ignore shooting it down and let me mow them down.

eek5

From what I remember, they actually buffed it a bit too in the latest update to make it a bit more deadly. But, I'm also a fan of the Dragonfire, too. I find it amazing that a of the time when I play, folks just totally ignore shooting it down and let me mow them down.

They buffed it to 2 rockets but it still only has like 200-250 bullet health which isn't that much.

I think right now is a good time to run it though; a lot of people are trying to get FHJ challenge done so you can just kill them while they're aiming at you.

I fly low with it and eliminate the vertical element for the most part so you just have to worry about aiming and flying forward.

I'm not sure why the whole CoD community seems to think flying low is better.
If you're flying low, then you're playing as if you're a soldier on the ground. The dragonfire can easily get shot down from the side and from behind. You also have the same obstacles that a human would have if you fly low.

If you're flying high, you can pretty much go wherever you want, besides inside buildings, which you'd have to fly low for, but would almost guarantee getting destroyed. Flying high makes it harder for you to get shot down because the bullets people shoot at you are SIGNIFICANTLY weaker. It's also harder to be accurate over a further distance for people shooting you down. You get a clear few of everything, so you don't have to worry about getting shot in the side and theres boxes that highlight all enemies without coldblooded anyway.

Overall though, the killstreak is not worth how much score it costs to get it. I love when enemies call them in, cause it's a free 150 for my scorestreak :D

Recoil is practically non-existent on it. Love it

And the range is fucking phenomenal. I think it'll be the first gun I try to diamond.

Not saying you're wrong, but the Peacekeeper is definitely one the higher recoil guns IMO. It was one of the first things I noticed when I began using it.

eek5

I'm not sure why the whole CoD community seems to think flying low is better.
If you're flying low, then you're playing as if you're a soldier on the ground. The dragonfire can easily get shot down from the side and from behind. You also have the same obstacles that a human would have if you fly low.

If you're flying high, you can pretty much go wherever you want, besides inside buildings, which you'd have to fly low for, but would almost guarantee getting destroyed. Flying high makes it harder for you to get shot down because the bullets people shoot at you are SIGNIFICANTLY weaker. It's also harder to be accurate over a further distance for people shooting you down. You get a clear few of everything, so you don't have to worry about getting shot in the side and theres boxes that highlight all enemies without coldblooded anyway.
To be fair, it's also harder for you to be accurate over a further distance and the bullets you shoot are also significantly weaker. To kill people at range you have to ADS which makes you less mobile and being high up means more people have line of sight to you.

Yeah, flying lower means you face obstacles but it also means you're engaging targets 1v1 or 1v2 instead of 1v6 which gives you a better chance at surviving.

While rocket health got doubled, getting targeted and hit by a smaw/fhj will take half your health off meaning someone could just snipe you out of the air if you're flying high. I'm not saying to fly on the ground or anything. If you watch my video, I'm mostly still above head height but well below the invisible ceiling.

To be fair, it's also harder for you to be accurate over a further distance and the bullets you shoot are also significantly weaker. To kill people at range you have to ADS which makes you less mobile and being high up means more people have line of sight to you.

Yeah but Dragonfire bullets are way more powerful than normal bullets and have more range.

I've tried flying both low and high and somewhere in between and I've always done the best flying high. You're probably right though considering most of the times I'm using dragonfires is when i just prestige on a nuketown weekend and it's the default killstreak and nuketown might play differently with dragonfires.

Hey You

Anybody else having a problem of starting with FHJ (Primary) and a combat knife as a secondary? It happens to me like every 7 games. I switch load outs and it still happens.

Usually Takes a couple of deaths to go back to my load out.

I'm on 360 BTW.

xJavonta

Banned
Blops 2 is only $40 on Amazon right now (physical version) for PC. Thinking about grabbing it at that price. Maybe I can find some codes to knock it down a bit...

Not saying you're wrong, but the Peacekeeper is definitely one the higher recoil guns IMO. It was one of the first things I noticed when I began using it.

Really? I've definitely noticed how much more accurate I am when I use one. I don't know.

eek5

Blops 2 is only $40 on Amazon right now (physical version) for PC. Thinking about grabbing it at that price. Maybe I can find some codes to knock it down a bit...

does this still work?

It's good on PC. It's too bad you missed the free weekend, you could have given it a test drive.

If you plan on grabbing it, get it from Amazon for 30-40. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3RN2I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 use the code CAGROCKS to drop it to 30.

Really? I've definitely noticed how much more accurate I am when I use one. I don't know.

Yeah I can never go full auto with it, cause it kicks up really high. I'd say it's probably on par with the Skorpion's recoil. It goes up really fast after the first few bullets.

I'm used to guns like the vector, chicom, fal, mtar etc... where there is little to no recoil though. The damage output on the Peacekeeper isn't that great and is definitely one of the longer TTK guns in the game. I can use it when I'm being super stealthy in a team's spawn and it rarely wins firefights. It's a good defensive gun though. If you're in a window somewhere and already aimed down, you can easily kill people from a decent range.

Nabs

Get the digital version and use the code eek5 quoted.

xJavonta

Banned
does this still work?

Get the digital version and use the code eek5 quoted.
Thanks guys, I'll check that out. Can you use giftcards on Amazon Digital Downloads?

Yeah I can never go full auto with it, cause it kicks up really high. I'd say it's probably on par with the Skorpion's recoil. It goes up really fast after the first few bullets.

I'm used to guns like the vector, chicom, fal, mtar etc... where there is little to no recoil though. The damage output on the Peacekeeper isn't that great and is definitely one of the longer TTK guns in the game. I can use it when I'm being super stealthy in a team's spawn and it rarely wins firefights. It's a good defensive gun though. If you're in a window somewhere and already aimed down, you can easily kill people from a decent range.

Ahh I see. I'm used to the PDW and MSMC so those aren't exactly high recoil, but the recoil is definitely noticeable.

Putting rapid fire on the Peacekeeper makes it a much, much better weapon. If I'm not mistaken it's the slowest SMG in the game by default and rapid fire brings it up to speed with the others (excluding the Vector of course).

I run it with a silencer, laser sight, and rapid fire and I love it.

Ahh I see. I'm used to the PDW and MSMC so those aren't exactly high recoil, but the recoil is definitely noticeable.

Putting rapid fire on the Peacekeeper makes it a much, much better weapon. If I'm not mistaken it's the slowest SMG in the game by default and rapid fire brings it up to speed with the others (excluding the Vector of course).

I run it with a silencer, laser sight, and rapid fire and I love it.

Yeah both the PDW and MSMC also have some decent recoil lol. Rapid Fire is awful on all the SMGs this game, so I never bothered trying it on the Peacekeeper yet haha. And silencer makes the recoil not as bad, which could be why you think it has barely any recoil and I think it has a ton!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Daily Clan challenges really need a platinum tier. Only myself and 4 friends even participated in this one and we ended up with 850 confirms in KC tonight and there is still 8 hours left in the challenge.

eek5

Thanks guys, I'll check that out. Can you use giftcards on Amazon Digital Downloads?

I'm not sure. I want to say yes but I recall having issues using rewards points for amazon digital downloads this summer but Tony said they were working on it. Not sure about gift cards. I'm going to assume yes but who knows.

re: PK

Peacekeeper is pretty much a shittier MTAR

G5S2GD4.png

aAui0Lx.png

AH7ZzKM.png

PK rapid fire:

ZLVOtI6.png
LOL

How does one get into a party? I wouldn't mind playing with the same people for a bit and having an actual good team, rather than 6 people running in all different directions.

For someone who started playing a few months ago, I'm still woefully uneducated on much of this game outside of playing TDM and KC.

I'm not sure. I want to say yes but I recall having issues using rewards points for amazon digital downloads this summer but Tony said they were working on it. Not sure about gift cards. I'm going to assume yes but who knows.

re: PK

Peacekeeper is pretty much a shittier MTAR

G5S2GD4.png

May I ask where you got these images?

Ryck

Anyone know how to delete the map pack? (ps3) I have the downloaded version of Blops2 so I don't know if that makes a difference. Can't get a decent connection anymore since I installed the map pack yesterday. Figured it was just yesterday but today I am having the same issues, really bad connections.

Nvm figured it out... hope this helps.

Update: It worked great, game is playable again... I'm guessing there are just less options on connections with the map pack as it took forever to find a game and when it did find one it was usually really laggy for me.

Top Bottom