• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

eek5

Eh. I've been playing TDM with just 1-2 people lately; one is decent and the other is bottom of the leaderboard and I rarely ever get owned. Still win 80-85% of my TDM matches even with 3-4 randoms.

Define "seriously owned" lol

Eh. I've been playing TDM with just 1-2 people lately; one is decent and the other is bottom of the leaderboard and I rarely ever get owned. Still win 80-85% of my TDM matches even with 3-4 randoms.

I'd say it depends a ton on the mode you are playing though.

I roll with my clan and we play Domination pretty much exclusively. Most of my team hovers around the 1 - 1.3 K/D but our W/L is around 2 - 2.5. If I ever play with randoms, I still might get a lot of kills and a high score, but wins are way harder to come by just due to people often not giving a crap about the objective.

With TDM, if you are a beast of a killer, you'll likely still win more often than not just because all the kills you are getting will usually be able to offset the randoms on your team not doing as well. Add to that the fact that your killstreaks are going to likely assist them in doing better as a result of the enemy needing to divert attention away to the streaks.

I'd say it's more on your own skill whether you get owned or not.

(Not stealth bragging :p) I play solo 95% of the time and manage to hold my own with a 3.5 k/d and 2.5w/l (not counting host disconnects or joining session into a losing game :p)

So if you play with a party, where most members are better than you, then you'll end up winning more and be able to have a better k/d cause the better players can keep map control for you.

If you play with a party where most members are worse than you, then you'll actually lose more than you do playing solo and will find yourself getting spawn trapped quickly because you are the only one slaying the other team.

If you're good at this game, then you'll do well regardless of the situation. Wins might be a bit more scarce than playing with a party, but you won't get "seriously owned."

In demolition, I can easily get high killstreaks and then save them for moments when we need to win. While in the killstreaks, I can't plant or defuse, so it looks like I'm not playing objective, but I'm significantly helping the team win.

Lastly, if you have a good party, you should win every single game. You might lose once every 150 matches or so. Playing with a 1.3 k/d party in domination should get you wins a lot more because it's above the average k/d for most people, so you should be outslaying, which means you can control the map/flags more.

One more thing: If you feel like you lose and get seriously owned every game you play solo, then if you have the skill for it, you can play FFA and easily win every single one and still have a good time. Even a top 3 counts as a win in this game, so you already start out with good odds of winning and people will drop out over the course of the game etc..

tdm is probably the easiest game mode to play solo, you don't have to worry about objective play and hoping your teammates help, the pace is slower and killstreaks occur less often, and since only k/d matters you can win on the back of a few players. I know for me, my win percentage is by far the highest in tdm; it's basically double the % of my next highest game mode.

objective gametypes are hell to play in solo though, trying to play the objective solo means you get ganged up on, left vulnerable in some facet of the gametype since you can't do everything at once by yourself, and you eventually get pounded to death by killstreaks since no one can hold their own and points accumulate much faster. nevermind the gameplay differences that make it harder to lone wolf it, parties seem to prefer objective modes the most. Plus, it seems like as time passes, more of the good players out there are partying up, leaving an even more shallow pool of randoms to be paired up with. Even if you manage to do good yourself while playing the objective, you can still lose often as winning the match is still more dependent on how well you perform as a team.

GodofWine

I just started sniping for the first time EVER. Does the laser sight help at all for close range accuracy without scoping??

Its just annoying to stumble over a guy, and shoot him in the back from 5 ft , miss, and get killed.

tdm is probably the easiest game mode to play solo, you don't have to worry about objective play and hoping your teammates help, the pace is slower and killstreaks occur less often, and since only k/d matters you can win on the back of a few players. I know for me, my win percentage is by far the highest in tdm; it's basically double the % of my next highest game mode.

objective gametypes are hell to play in solo though, trying to play the objective solo means you get ganged up on, left vulnerable in some facet of the gametype since you can't do everything at once by yourself, and you eventually get pounded to death by killstreaks since no one can hold their own and points accumulate much faster. nevermind the gameplay differences that make it harder to lone wolf it, parties seem to prefer objective modes the most. Plus, it seems like as time passes, more of the good players out there are partying up, leaving an even more shallow pool of randoms to be paired up with. Even if you manage to do good yourself while playing the objective, you can still lose often as winning the match is still more dependent on how well you perform as a team.

I pretty much agree with you. Playing objective solo is not a fun experience.

eek5

I pretty much agree with you. Playing objective solo is not a fun experience.

Depends how good you are. "dying soldier" plays only solo and he has a 3.7 w/l. I am about 2.0 w/l solo.

Yeah but his statement didn't specify a specific gamemode. He just said that if you weren't playing with good players you would "seriously get owned" which isn't true at all.

SadAli

Neo Member
I've played most of the CODs from 4 onwards and spent almost all that time playing solo. Not the greatest player by any stretch of the imagination but you can keep a reasonable K/D and there's a certain level of satisfaction from grinding out a good game while all your team mates flail around you.

I actually think BLOPS 2 is one of the most forgiving for playing solo due to the less easily attainable high killstreaks compared to something like BlOPS where every other game I'd join would have dogs running around.

Admittedly you are screwed on objective games unless you get really lucky but I tend to play a lot of ground war so the general cluster fuck nature of that experience helps out a bit.

Studio is a reimagined adaption of the Black Ops 1 map Firing Range.

Might be something like Hazard, which was a reimagined adaption of WaW Cliffside.

Any truth to this? Or a source?

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/02/leaked-promo-image-confirms-uprising-as-2nd-black-ops-2-dlc/

@LiamFTWinter has dug through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace Upload Registry and found this DLC banner as well as the description for the map pack:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Uprising includes four incredibly diverse Multiplayer Maps: Magma, Encore, Vertigo, and Studio: a reimagined adaptation of the fan-favorite Black Ops multiplayer map Firing Range. Uprising also introduces Mob of the Dead, Treyarch’s most terrifying Zombies experience to date. Top Hollywood talent rounds out a cast of four Prohibition-era gangsters that are forced to fend off hordes of the undead while imprisoned on San Francisco’s notorious Alcatraz Island. While guard towers and new weapons offer tactical advantages, survival offers an unprecedented new challenge for these four lost souls.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have historically shit on PSN when comparing it to XBL, but BO2 plays a lot better on the former than the latter. Instances of me wanting to punch someone because of lag occur FAR more often on XBL. It's too bad the graphics are a bit muddier on PS3, but that's a small price to pay.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
New DLC sounds nice, surprised they aren't sticking a new weapon in there though, at the same time though I get tired of being shot by the Peacekeeper. I do wish we were getting Zombie stuff on the level of Green Run with a bigger area horizontally with multiple sections and some travelling solution like the bus or similar vehicle, Die Rise is nice and all but isn't as fun, that and those fricking jumpy zombie things ruin all the fun, I wish we could turn them off lol.

New DLC sounds nice, surprised they aren't sticking a new weapon in there though, at the same time though I get tired of being shot by the Peacekeeper. I do wish we were getting Zombie stuff on the level of Green Run with a bigger area horizontally with multiple sections and some travelling solution like the bus or similar vehicle, Die Rise is nice and all but isn't as fun, that and those fricking jumpy zombie things ruin all the fun, I wish we could turn them off lol.

95% chance that nothing else that looks like Green Run or is Green Run style.

And wow we have such different opinions. I'd say Die Rise is the greatest zombie map of all time followed by Ascension from Black Ops 1 in 2nd place. And Die Rise is also the quickest, which is great. I can get to round 30 in just about 1 hour 10 minutes or so, compared to what used to be about 2 hours for round 30. The easter egg was also enjoyable on this map.

Green Run imo is the worst zombie map of all time (even worse than Verruckt.) It has the annoying denizens and Avogadro and is extremely big making mid round activities take forever. It's also very slow with the rounds and all the "maps" or "areas" are extremely small WaW style. Now all the DLCs are going to be Black Ops 1 style maps.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
95% chance that nothing else that looks like Green Run or is Green Run style.

And wow we have such different opinions. I'd say Die Rise is the greatest zombie map of all time followed by Ascension from Black Ops 1 in 2nd place. And Die Rise is also the quickest, which is great. I can get to round 30 in just about 1 hour 10 minutes or so, compared to what used to be about 2 hours for round 30. The easter egg was also enjoyable on this map.

Green Run imo is the worst zombie map of all time (even worse than Verruckt.) It has the annoying denizens and Avogadro and is extremely big making mid round activities take forever. It's also very slow with the rounds and all the "maps" or "areas" are extremely small WaW style. Now all the DLCs are going to be Black Ops 1 style maps.

Don't get me wrong, by isn't as fun I meant friends and I have had less enjoyable experience on it, but we like Die Rise and it isn't a bad map or anything, I just don't like those jumpy zombie things, lol. Green Run has it's problems too, we just like having this large map to travel around that is a little more horizontal than it is vertical, there's room for both and really Zombies should have come with a lot more variety map wise than what we got and are getting.

kyo27

The spawns are god awful and Standoff is one of the worst maps in the game.

What?!? Standoff is one of the best maps in the game. As for the spawns, I haven't had a problem with them since the first week it came out and that was because I was still learning the maps. If all you do is push an enemy spawn, then yeah enemies will spawn next to you.

Tamanon

Banned
The spawns are god awful and Standoff is one of the worst maps in the game.

?

Standoff is amazing. At least to me, I don't even think the middle part of the map exists for me. That is my grade-A sniper/shotgun combo map.

And wooooo at the Firing Range remake. It looks like the same basic map, just some cool trappings. I'm stoked for that one.

It would be nice to have the option of news maps on the Wii U, but I'm not even sure I want to support Activision/Treyarch any further after their shabby treatment of U owners of this game. I realize that the Wii U is a much smaller customer base for them, but I paid the same $60 everyone else did. They can't even give us a definitive "no" on any DLC? I'll just take my money to someone who wants it.

I bet they start to sell weapon packs on the new DLC store. From a business perspective they would make more money selling small stuff than larger bundles like the map packs. ACR please?

eek5

I bet they start to sell weapon packs on the new DLC store. From a business perspective they would make more money selling small stuff than larger bundles like the map packs. ACR please?

The only way this would work is if they just gave it identical stats to pre-existing guns (i.e. ACR is M27 reskin) otherwise people would probably be way too upset.

SmokeMaxX

I have a code for the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map that came in the gamecase when I bought the game. Since 2025 is available for free now, is there any point to keeping the code at all? Or should I just trash it?

Top Bottom