• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Voltron64

When a random purposefully takes my tags towards the end of a match and I have a tk to spare...they're getting shot in the back.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finally starting to hit that wall, nearly Prestige 9 but I want to reach Prestige Master before I stop playing. I'm on the Wii U so I don't even have the new maps to extend the desire to play much longer.

Just did my first prestige.

what are these tokens for?

You can spend it on a new Create A Class slot, a refund for your unlock tokens (the ones you spend on weapons) or resetting everything.

The choices are kinda crappy.

You also get one permanent unlock too once you hit level 5, which you can spend on a weapon, perk or streak. I spent mine on Ghost because it was the last thing to unlock lol.

I am having a TON of people complain to me about not being able to leave the clan and I can't remove them because Activision is a complete piece of shit.

Would anyone be opposed to me deleting the clan so the people can change to another clan and then I can give the clan to someone else? I don't even own the game anymore.

Wait, never mind, I can't because (again), activision is a fucking joke.

How have no media outlets picked up on this? We're paying for this and it has been broken since November.

You can spend it on a new Create A Class slot, a refund for your unlock tokens (the ones you spend on weapons) or resetting everything.

The choices are kinda crappy.

You also get one permanent unlock too once you hit level 5, which you can spend on a weapon, perk or streak. I spent mine on Ghost because it was the last thing to unlock lol.

I'll take that permant unlock for the AN-94.

I need that gun in my life.

eek5

Wait, never mind, I can't because (again), activision is a fucking joke.

How have no media outlets picked up on this? We're paying for this and it has been broken since November.

The ELITE website is so bad. It's buggy as hell and it's taken like 15 steps back since MW3. I have no idea why they don't get any shit for how they're handling the service.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Did the recent patch mess up the netcode on the 360 version? I got the game the day after the patch dropped, and I have had lots more trouble with lag on the 360 than I've ever had with the PS3 version.

Slizz

Traded my copy in yesterday. 6th prestige, once I decided to use one of my tokens to unlock the VSAT permanently it got kinda boring? Not really complaining just over it for now. I'll most likely be back for the next COD like always.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
dat quad c4.

we need more blops 2 vids, max. the post processing filtering is pretty well done.

It's actually 5 kill C4, haha. I have a hunch Treyarch touched up the netcode in the last big patch. Game finally feels playable and I don't get nearly as frustrated. Plan on making frequent vids again.

One of my best COD clips ever. Solo headquarters defense with quintuple C-4.

DON'T WORRY, I GOT THIS - Black Ops 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfXGWx4MMk

I didn't think the pc version looked this good, wow. Nice feed btw, nothing's more satisfying than seeing all those names pop up in the kill feed and seeing the medals go crazy at the top of the screen, and this serves as the perfect segue way to my next question. Anybody have any medal counts they are particularly proud of and want to show off? I just checked realized I went nuclear 3 times which is kind of neat to know since I never really pay attention my killstreaks.

Nabs

I think he's playing the 360 version in that vid.

It's actually 5 kill C4, haha. I have a hunch Treyarch touched up the netcode in the last big patch. Game finally feels playable and I don't get nearly as frustrated. Plan on making frequent vids again.

good to hear!

I think he's playing the 360 version in that vid.

good to hear!

It can't be, my eye isn't trained like some posters on gaf but the field of view looked different and there looked to be some motion blur, plus some of the textures looked better. Or maybe I'm seeing things, I dunno.

Once Elite became free, it pretty much became useless.

Back in the paid days, it was the best because of the DLC every 3 weeks, very in depth stats (like SPM and Kill/Death for each map), and they had competitions which were fun.

Now, there are significantly less statistics and the next DLC isn't until the week before MDW :/

Actually now that I think about it, the Black Ops Beta days were the best with the competitions. There weren't very many people in the beta, but they had 24 hour competitions and you'd meet a lot of chill people to party up with for them :D

SeanR1221

Once Elite became free, it pretty much became useless.

Back in the paid days, it was the best because of the DLC every 3 weeks, very in depth stats (like SPM and Kill/Death for each map), and they had competitions which were fun.

Now, there are significantly less statistics and the next DLC isn't until the week before MDW :/

Actually now that I think about it, the Black Ops Beta days were the best with the competitions. There weren't very many people in the beta, but they had 24 hour competitions and you'd meet a lot of chill people to party up with for them :D

MDW?

Edit duh Memorial Day weekend

Wow that long? Do we have confirmation?

kyo27

That's crazy. I'd expect like 10 camos for $2.

EDIT: I just heard that Custom Classes are being sold for $4 too. That's crazy for something that pretty much should already be in the game and not sold separately.
It would be cool to have all these things included in the season pass, but I'm fine with the way they're doing it now. I just think it's a bit overpriced and if you get a few camos, you could be spending $16 or something on them. Call of Duty already costs $114.19 a year based off retail price + season passes. And getting it before street date makes it cost even more. So charging even more for camo and shit is annoying considering it's practically an annual subscription where I have to set aside $114.19 per year + Xbox Live Gold.

I don't have a problem with the way they are doing microtransactions. This is all optional stuff. As for the custom class slots, you already get 10 by default if you max prestige. The custom class dlc gives you 100 which is worth it for the really hardcore players. The camos come with player cards and reticles as well.

Aggrotek

I don't have a problem with the way they are doing microtransactions. This is all optional stuff. As for the custom class slots, you already get 10 by default if you max prestige. The custom class dlc gives you 100 which is worth it for the really hardcore players. The camos come with player cards and reticles as well.

If I had the points lying around I might get one of them, but I'm not going out of my way for it.

I don't mind people getting my tags on KC, unless I'm right there and they just run in front of me to get it. My general rule is if I see someone get a kill i let them get the tag. If I see tags just sitting there, I go for it.

The thing that really pisses me off in HC matches is when your teammate kills you and steals your care package. Makes me sooooooo mad.

On a separate note, saw this on reddit. Looks pretty funny. Zombies meets The Office. Doubt it's official from Treyarch but eh.

I keep trying to make an emblem and it ALWAYS looks horribly pixelated. What's the deal? I just wanted to do this:

K8d5kI9.png

Should be simple enough, but it looks terrible every time.

kuYuri

The ELITE website is so bad. It's buggy as hell and it's taken like 15 steps back since MW3. I have no idea why they don't get any shit for how they're handling the service.

It's way better now than it was before version 2.0 came out. God damn was it bad back then.

kyo27

No official confirmation, but there is pretty much a 90% chance that's when it's going to be.

Kinda annoying I have to wait that long for another zombie map and nuketown weekend :/

Any reason you say this? I can't see them releasing the 2nd map pack a full 4 months after Revolution.

Any reason you say this? I can't see them releasing the 2nd map pack a full 4 months after Revolution.

Past history. WaW and Blops 1 both followed the same pattern.
Also, if they were to have it earlier, it would've been announced by now.

For what it's worth, I guessed all of MW3 map packs correct anyway.

kyo27

Past history. WaW and Blops 1 both followed the same pattern.
Also, if they were to have it earlier, it would've been announced by now.

For what it's worth, I guessed all of MW3 map packs correct anyway.

Blops 1 DLC was released February, April, June, and August. Are you talking about the PS3 version since they get it a month later?

Blops 1 DLC was released February, April, June, and August. Are you talking about the PS3 version since they get it a month later?

I'm not sure where you got that from.

February 1st was First Strike. (Blops 2 had MP1 come out the last week of January, so close enough)

May 3rd was Escalation, which is the huge 3 month gap in between. I guess it was a couple weeks before MDW. For WaW, it was June 11th and for MW2 it was June 3rd, so it's always been in this ballpark area. I remembered it as one week before MDW, cause they always do double xp that weekend. MW3 actually did it that week before MDW for collection 2, which came out on May 22nd, but they always have their first map pack come out late march and not late jan/early feb.

And you're right about the 3rd/4th map packs. I always thought annihilation came out in July, but it actually came out June 28th followed by Rezurrection in the 1st week of August. WaW Map Pack 3 also came out in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same pattern again.

EDIT: And these are Xbox release dates.

kyo27

I'm not sure where you got that from.

February 1st was First Strike. (Blops 2 had MP1 come out the last week of January, so close enough)

May 3rd was Escalation, which is the huge 3 month gap in between. I guess it was a couple weeks before MDW. For WaW, it was June 11th and for MW2 it was June 3rd, so it's always been in this ballpark area. I remembered it as one week before MDW, cause they always do double xp that weekend. MW3 actually did it that week before MDW for collection 2, which came out on May 22nd, but they always have their first map pack come out late march and not late jan/early feb.

And you're right about the 3rd/4th map packs. I always thought annihilation came out in July, but it actually came out June 28th followed by Rezurrection in the 1st week of August. WaW Map Pack 3 also came out in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same pattern again.

EDIT: And these are Xbox release dates.

My mistake, Escalation was announced in April. But May 3 is still pretty much a full month before Memorial Day. I'd bet that the next map pack is a late April/ first week of May release.

My mistake, Escalation was announced in April. But May 3 is still pretty much a full month before Memorial Day. I'd bet that the next map pack is a late April/ first week of May release.

Yeah, which is still forever from now :/

Exactly why I liked MW3 having DLC every 3 weeks or so. I don't think we'll see it before May, but I hope I'm surprised with an earlier DLC cause I really want to play a new zombie map and have fun with a double xp nuketown weekend :D

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Feel free to add me (snacknuts), but I pretty much exclusively play TDM because of what you're talking about.

Yup. Been away from Blops 2 for awhile and came back to camper city. Now I'm just doing TDM.

Also went and picked up Modern Warfare 3 the other day for $10. Really surprised at the difference between the two. Blops 2 just feels so much smoother to me, and the sound is so much better.

Edit: I'm so happy they changed prestiging! It was so pointless before, but letting me keep earned gun attatchments, and giving me a gold unlock token is much nicer than losing everything you worked for.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What is the bandwidth requirement for livestreaming? I have about 4mbps down and 7mbps up. When I livestream it starts out fine but then it starts to lag. :/

Their website says 3MB up to stream, but 3MB up would mean 30Mbps up so I wouldn't be surprised if that is supposed to be 3Mbps up seeing as most wouldn't meet that speed. I've tried steaming with the 360 version and it constantly switches from live to buffering, and I've got around 3.5Mbps up so who knows.

Odd to see a lower download speed than upload though, 4mbps download is only like 500kb/s, what sort of connection are you on?

Their website says 3MB up to stream, but 3MB up would mean 30Mbps up so I wouldn't be surprised if that is supposed to be 3Mbps up seeing as most wouldn't meet that speed. I've tried steaming with the 360 version and it constantly switches from live to buffering, and I've got around 3.5Mbps up so who knows.

Odd to see a lower download speed than upload though, 4mbps download is only like 500kb/s, what sort of connection are you on?

Its a wireless system from a local ISP. It uses a waverider type system I think.

Any good configurations for the SCAR? I cannot use it but I need 7 more killstreaks (bloodthirsty) for gold camo. It is painstaking (like every other game I am getting a killstreak).

Any and all advice would help.

Currently using:

Scar - Suppressor, FMJ, Laser Sight
Ghost, Blind
Toughness
Dexterity

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Any good configurations for the SCAR? I cannot use it but I need 7 more killstreaks (bloodthirsty) for gold camo. It is painstaking (like every other game I am getting a killstreak).

Currently using:

Ghost, Blind
Toughness
Dexterity

I usually just have quickdraw and stock on it, to give you a change in close quarters. Although that's usually what I use on nearly all AR's.

Currently using:

Ghost, Blind
Toughness
Dexterity

Stick a targetfinder and suppressor on it (throw in quick draw too since you already rock 3 attachments) and get an objective game going on Nuketown. In the 1st few mins of a Demo or HQ game everyone's always running around like a headless chicken, get yourself into a space where you got a good panoramic view and gun them down as they head out.
Demo tends to be easier coz the spawns never flip on you, so you'll know what side the enemy is coming from. Don't just camp in one spot though, move around in a small area. Keep it flowing.

That's how I got the Bloodthirsty's for my ARs and LMGs.

Top Bottom