• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I was able to get on this time, but I am having this weird glitch where my gun and reticule keep flashing from my personalized to standard. While I am aiming too.

Ensoul

Getting close to the 10th prestige. I just play kill confirmed now as I seem to get the most points that way. Anyway this sums up my games this weekend

Kill one person a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill two people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill three people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill four people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill five people a second later the enemy kills me.
Turn a corner and there are 3 guys shooting at me.

Not a great weekend for me lol. Maps come out tomorrow and I am looking forward to them.

cyborg009

Banned
Getting close to the 10th prestige. I just play kill confirmed now as I seem to get the most points that way. Anyway this sums up my games this weekend

Kill one person a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill two people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill three people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill four people, a second later the enemy kills me.
Kill five people a second later the enemy kills me.
Turn a corner and there are 3 guys shooting at me.

Not a great weekend for me lol. Maps come out tomorrow and I am looking forward to them.

After a while I noticed Kill-confirmed was a bit flawed. You could just camp at your teammate dog tag and will just come through.

I pulled a legit swarm and dogs in CTF and no one caps the flag and everyone goes negative.

I hate call of duty

Unfortunately a lot of people don't do the objectives in the objective base game modes. I think I might be one of the few who actually tries to capture a flag or plant a bomb etc... lol I was playing demolition the other day and this one kid on my team was yelling "Don't defuse the bomb!" He wanted the time limit to be extended so he could get more kills. :/

eek5

Firing Range / Studio is pretty sweet.

Encore is different. Asymmetrical layout but pretty medium sized. Reminds me of downhill but imagine downhill without the giant rock wall down the side.

Vertigo is small. Reminds me of Arkaden.

Magma is... I don't know. Map seems pretty weird. Lots of corridors. Shotgun/fal/SMR/M8/swat will probably do very well on this map.

Jrmint

Interesting that you say Shotguns and long range AR's. Those 2 weapon types seem very different, why are they both good on it?

Dabanton

Studio is great like the refresh to Firing Range

My annoyance. Is that their isn't a hardcore new map selection list. Playing vanilla CoD is infuriating.

Toa TAK

Banned
Is "Rusty Cage" really the new easter egg song for Mob of the Dead?

I love the song and Johnny Cage in general, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

Since first getting into this game a couple weeks ago, I've been surprised and this thread's inactivity on GAF.

It's easily the most popular game on Xbox Live, but I guess most people here (sophisticated GAF gamers ;p) are on CoD fatigue after the yearly releases. I took a break after MW2 - skipped BO1 and MW3 so I'm really loving this one.

Fantastic campaign, too. I loved Michael Rooker and the elaborate story with so many significantly different outcomes based on player choice. I am upset I can't have a potleaf call sign anymore though. Past games' call signs should have been included. MW ones were way cooler than the ones in this game.

I am currently streaming Mob of the Dead. Been playing it since this morning when it released and have been in one game with a group from the start, and we're just trying things to figure out the Easter Egg if we can.

It's been incredibly fun and as a fan of the Zombies mode, I feel like this is the best one yet. It's absolutely gigantic and it's just fun to hear these actors talking in the game while running around. The addition of music playing at different points makes it feel incredibly cinematic as well.

Anyway if you want to watch, it's http://www.twitch.tv/pepperono.

I haven't even touched the multiplayer maps yet because Mob of the Dead is so fun. I love the experience of learning a new Zombie map.

kaskade

Since first getting into this game a couple weeks ago, I've been surprised and this thread's inactivity on GAF.

It's easily the most popular game on Xbox Live, but I guess most people here (sophisticated GAF gamers ;p) are on CoD fatigue after the yearly releases. I took a break after MW2 - skipped BO1 and MW3 so I'm really loving this one.

Fantastic campaign, too. I loved Michael Rooker and the elaborate story with so many significantly different outcomes based on player choice. I am upset I can't have a potleaf call sign anymore though. Past games' call signs should have been included. MW ones were way cooler than the ones in this game.
Same here. I played every cod release but never really got into the MP like this since 4. Maybe it's just that I actually played enough to get kind of good at the game. If only I could reset my k/d though.

Tamanon

Banned

Honestly, I think it's because there's not too much to talk about with the game itself.

Same here. I played every cod release but never really got into the MP like this since 4. Maybe it's just that I actually played enough to get kind of good at the game. If only I could reset my k/d though.

You can reset your K/D after prestiging with a Fresh Start. It puts you like you just bought the game, with one extra calling card.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just thought I'd put a heads up here, if you're trying to go for the new achievements, they're not up on Xbox.com yet, meaning that they won't count towards your gamerscore if you get them.

Tenumi

Banned
Got the map pack when I woke up this morning, played all of them once except Studio.

Vertigo: Actually really liked it, lots of different paths to take, lots of cover, many different ranges to encounters.

Magma: Was weird, kinda felt awkward to play. Maybe I need more time, but it seemed kinda rough and honestly not as fun as it looked.

Encore: I wasn't very fond of it in the reveal trailer, but it plays alright. Feels like it might be better for longer, AR range encounters.

Haven't tried Mob of the Dead yet, unfortunately. So far, I'm not regretting getting the pack. Just still wish it had a new gun...

snacknuts

we all knew her
What is the general consensus on Grind? It is BY FAR my least favorite of the Revolution maps, but it gets voted on pretty heavily in the TDM lobbies.

Jrmint

What is the general consensus on Grind? It is BY FAR my least favorite of the Revolution maps, but it gets voted on pretty heavily in the TDM lobbies.
It takes a little while to learn the best routes to take but once you do it is a blast. It kills me when people vote for Hijacked over it, drives me crazy.

kakashi08

Why did "chaos moshpit" disappear in PC? I already had purchased the "bonus map pack" I been had it. Unless they got rid of it for good, that I don't know about. I'm confused.

jkanownik

Man, it is apparently impossible to come back to Call of Duty after taking a break for a while or something? Virtually every single game there is always some hardcore motherfucker on the other team going 70-8 (actually had that exact score on the other team three games in a row, different people) with constant Lodestars/VSATs/K9/etc. I've never been amazing but I'm no slouch either (anywhere from 1.2-2.0 k/d in previous games) but almost every time I've gotten on lately I'm just getting completely fucking destroyed.

Not sure if not playing for several months has just made me lose my touch, or if I'm just getting old in general or what. Doesn't help that I've still never really found my groove in this game at all like previous games. I've tried virtually every loadout setup in the world and just nothing clicks with me at all like in all of the other games. I'm actually concerned that I'm just getting too old to play these games any longer :(

I actually had the opposite experience. I played last night for the first time in months and it felt like I was returning to BO1. I quit BO2 early because of frustrations with connections. I had gone from a 1.7 K/D in BO1 to a 1.0 K/D in BO2. Last night I back to old form with a 1.9 K/D. I'm not sure if it was my new router or patches that made the difference.

Tamanon

Banned
I liked Chaos Moshpit dammit, looks like it's still gone on PS3. Hope they bring it back. I prefer that because of the game types and no large maps. Merc Moshpit isn't the same since I dislike Search and Destroy and Capture the Flag.

eek5

Grind is great in TDM man. I've gotten most the most relentless medals on that map. Just hold mid and watch your green arrows

Interesting that you say Shotguns and long range AR's. Those 2 weapon types seem very different, why are they both good on it?

Mainly fast TTK weapons. There are a lot of corridors on the outsides of the map so if you have a fast TTK, accurate weapon you'll do very well. Peacekeeper might work too but if you have a good shot SMR or Fal should wreck everything. SWAT if your aim is really good should be great too.

--

Here is some Encore Core TDM gameplay w/ Fal (mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0CrIASPyliE

The spawns are really messed up. If you're inside the stage building the enemy team can still get the stage spawn which traps you in there. Kind of weird. It's an issue with these asymmetrical maps though. The map kind of plays like a smaller version of Mirage.

The stage is probably the best power position since you can rotate your cover and keep ahead of enemy spawns. Maybe.

Map pack is great. Mob of the dead is really fun. Love the attention to detail. Alcatraz is pretty much recreated perfectly. Also loving Magma and Studio.

Seems like there are a few maps (original and DLC, for ex: Drone and Studio) that I never seem to play in Team Deathmatch.

Does TD not include every map?

Top Bottom