• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

eek5

Seems like there are a few maps (original and DLC, for ex: Drone and Studio) that I never seem to play in Team Deathmatch.

Does TD not include every map?
the problem is good maps get voted twice then after you only have 1 map choice or random. there are some baaad maps so people vote for the 1 map a lot

not playing drone tdm is a blessing though. wish i could say the same LOL

cameltoe

WTF is up with probation? Im in a pregame lobby, back out and I get probation!! I have dipshit teammates that run in front of me while im shooting so I get kicked, boom PROBATION!! RAGE

edit

New GT BTW

xx billy x

Jrmint

Really do not remember Firing Range being this campy.

They should've removed that top perch, there's someone killing me and Tac inserting up there every single match. Really annoying.

eek5

Really do not remember Firing Range being this campy.

They should've removed that top perch, there's someone killing me and Tac inserting up there every single match. Really annoying.

MMS swat w/ grenade launcher. Shoot through barn wall so he can't see you lining up the shot lol

If hes running CB use the launcher. If hes running flak jacket AND CB..

idk

Dabanton

Loving Vertigo and Studio went on an utter rampage on Studio yesterday the other team were cursing when the match finished. We slapped them from one end of the map to the other.

Inversive

About to go out and buy this, wasn't planning on buying another COD but I played a bit of MW3 (I was 1 level from 10th when i stopped playing lol) last night and got the itch again, figured i should probably play the new and shiny version. Any tips on good guns and perks?
It's gonna suck not knowing the maps while all the other players already know the good spots and power positions etc, most of why I beasted previous CODs was simply knowing how to control the map and enemy player movements.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

This is why we can't have nice things. Hopefully they can patch it quickly as this could easily just turn MP into a War/Death machine fest of never ending ammo.

In killcams I notice some players have their emblems on their guns - how are they doing that?

Doing a weapons prestige twice, once lets you put you clan tag, second time lets you put your emblem, its in the same menu as weapon camo.

Nabs

Good stuff. Where did you get that info anyway? I looked at the Black Ops 2 Facebook page and it's all just marketing stuff about the replacement guy, and it seems like all they broadcast in-game is stuff about the DLC.

It popped up in game yesterday. @Treyarch seems to be talking about it now.

So the spoons apparently lead to a golden spork, which is a 1HK for like forever! :p

Yes, in the game of Mob of the Dead I played last night, we got the Golden Spork and it definitely helped us to survive for as long as we did.

I think it stopped being a one hit kill around wave 32-34, but it is definitely like Galvaknuckles on steroids.

Ended up dying at round 36, highest we had all gotten to in the group. Leaderboards last night showed the best person in our group had become rank 395 on the 4-player chart but looking at it this morning, we all dropped by a hundred or so. Still, it was pretty fun and none of us have ever been ranked that highly on Zombies yet. But that's the perks of playing within the first three days.

We are going to try again for some high rounds later today, so if you want to check out how we're doing if we're playing, stop by my stream! I'm pepperono over at Twitch. I've been streaming Mob of the Dead so much the past few days I haven't kept up with my WoW playing at all, but I've been having fun. It's been interesting to see who comes by, although they are mostly kids, lol.

I also played through all the new multiplayer maps and love them all. Everything looks really nice and they are fun to run around in. The original maps, while I don't have huge problems with any of them, were getting stale to me. I'm loving the injection of fresh maps, and especially the new coat of paint on Firing Range in Studio. The layout is so familiar to me, that in my first game playing that map, I went like 17 and 2 or something in TDM. I just knew where to run from all the time I spent playing that map in the original BLOPS. Great stuff. They're really hitting these map packs out of the park in my opinion, best map packs I've seen coming from the CoD series.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Playing around with the FAL and Select Fire attachment. The FAL is a beast at long range, better than the SCAR which is my main AR (the SCAR is still quite good at mid/long range). But I find it's only good on certain maps where there are plenty of mid/long range encounters (e.g. Encore, Aftermath, Standoff). It's also good on maps like Grind where I can easily pick off guys at the sides. But once I leave the sides and go to the center of the map or if the spawns switch and I need to bug out/take on multiple guys I'm just dying for my precious SCAR. So I threw a Select Fire on it and it's pretty interesting. I'm finding I can kind of have the best of both worlds. A deadly mini sniper rifle and a serviceable fully automatic AR for tight situations. The main problem is that the ammo capacity. It goes to zero pretty fast, lol.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Playing around with the FAL and Select Fire attachment. The FAL is a beast at long range, better than the SCAR which is my main AR (the SCAR is still quite good at mid/long range). But I find it's only good on certain maps where there are plenty of mid/long range encounters (e.g. Encore, Aftermath, Standoff). It's also good on maps like Grind where I can easily pick off guys at the sides. But once I leave the sides and go to the center of the map or if the spawns switch and I need to bug out/take on multiple guys I'm just dying for my precious SCAR. So I threw a Select Fire on it and it's pretty interesting. I'm finding I can kind of have the best of both worlds. A deadly mini sniper rifle and a serviceable fully automatic AR for tight situations. The main problem is that the ammo capacity. It goes to zero pretty fast, lol.

FAL + Select Fire + ACOG is one of my favorite combos for all the reasons you just listed. One of the recent patches reduced the damage when in full auto, so it's not quite as great as it used to be, but it's still quite good.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
FAL + Select Fire + ACOG is one of my favorite combos for all the reasons you just listed. One of the recent patches reduced the damage when in full auto, so it's not quite as great as it used to be, but it's still quite good.

Oops, I guess that's what I get for being late to the party!

Easy way to run out of ammo though. I opt for FAL w/FMJ+stock+quickfire

Either way, FAL is the shit. Great range, great power, great control

Inversive

Having such a shitty start to the game, getting killed from behind constantly and losing most face to faces encounters. Maybe i should start running round like a retard with an SMG as that seems how to be how COD is supposed to be played these days. /vent

Jrmint

So I have all the MTAR challenges done except I still need 8 long shots. Getting those medals with the AR's is so frustrating, and I really don't want to go into HC to do them.

Anyone have any tips or know any good sight lines? I know across the 2 buildings in Standoff is a decent one.

Aggrotek

Tritton 100%

X12 isn't even true surround sound. It's digital. I've owned both and Tritton is so much better. Turtles are the worst (but cheapest) gaming headset brand out there.

I was leaning towards the Trittons but I hear they don't fit as snugly. Are they more durable than Turtle Beaches? I used to own a pair of X11s and the left speaker ended up breaking.

eek5

Having such a shitty start to the game, getting killed from behind constantly and losing most face to faces encounters. Maybe i should start running round like a retard with an SMG as that seems how to be how COD is supposed to be played these days. /vent

Eh... 5/10 of my top k/d weapons are ARs (2 LMG, 2 snipers, 1 SMG, 5 AR). ARs are fine in this game and can be dominant for map control. The problem is you have to have great awareness and positioning with assault rifles compared to "ezmode" SMGs where you can just sprint forward everytime you spawn and maybe you'll get lucky and drop into the enemy spawn and go off. The difference is I can go off ALL THE TIME with assault rifles because I have good awareness.

Losing 1v1s? The problem isn't SMGs being superior to ARs, the problem is you're putting yourself into situations where SMGs dominate ARs. I control all my engagements and force SMGs into mid-long range where ARs will absolutely smoke them.

If you're getting killed by behind a bunch then just position yourself further away from the middle of the map. A nice trick I do is you keep track of generally where your teamates are and aren't and assume any large areas without teamates have enemies.

eek5

If you're getting killed by behind a bunch then just position yourself further away from the middle of the map. A nice trick I do is you keep track of generally where your teamates are and aren't and assume any large areas without teamates have enemies.

Map spacing is pretty underrated. I can't count the amount of times where I get killed and a green arrow is hugging me from behind and gives the enemy a double kill. If they just spaced out a bit better they'd get a free kill off a guy reloading and/or distracted. Usually when I'm on mid range maps I'll always position myself in between teammates but spaced out far enough where I can react if things go wrong. If you're playing with a party you can use the feed to help map awareness as well since you have a general idea of where each of your teammates are.

Here is what I'm talking about:

01.png

This is off the initial rush. Everyone on my team went left so the only way enemies can come in are from the middle or behind me. After I kill this guy I figure the best action is to push up and let my team pinch in behind me so I can watch the radar to see them. Alternatively I could've backtracked but since the score is only 3-0 after I kill the first guy, I know at least 3 other players should be left in mid/right.

02.png

After I push into mid I see green arrow is turning back towards bathroom. I'm watching his arrow and the arrow of my teammates on top left. The only way an enemy can engage me at this point is through the side door so that's the only thing I'm watching other than my mini map. If blue arrows die I know people are coming through vending door and if green arrow dies I know the spawn flipped to bathroom.

03.png

I get another kill. Look where all my teammates are now. Only direction enemies can hit me from are side door or through bathroom entrance (teammates are too far off the edge to consider it safe)

I decide to backtrack at this point and regroup so I can figure out where everyone is since my screen is so red. I'm also watching the three circled teammates as I move to make sure enemies aren't coming from those directions.

04.png

Here I correctly guessed the spawn flip (to bathroom). I think it's somewhat obvious because in the previous screen two of my teammates are all the way back into the ramps spawn and the one on vert is moving that direction as well. I'm also in side door which is closer to ramp than bathroom. From here I can tell if someone is coming into proshop from the stairs or behind me because of the blue arrow. I also know that they're coming from bathroom and if someone kills blue on the left, someone could flank through side door.

05.png

Here is an example of "playing it safe". I'm using every single one of my teammates as a meat shield because at this point I've worked myself into a 15 kill streak or something. Basically anyone that dies will inform me of where the enemy is coming from.

I engage an enemy in mid but don't kill anything then notice the top left arrow vanishes. Look what happens seconds later:

06.png

I always hear people complaining about "HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS COMING THAT DIRECTION" when they're running ghost/silencer/we have no UAV and it's because I'm not a dummy. There are so many clues you can use to let you know where an enemy is coming from. The mini-map is just one way. Watching the kill feed when lighting strike and hellstorms wipe the enemy team will usually let you know when the enemy is spawn flipping in TDM. Another tool is watching where your teammates spawn to spot potential spawn flips or partial flips.

Top Bottom