• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

kuYuri

This news has been floating around for a while. I'm not sure why people care what the game is called. They can call it the oddest thing ever, but as long as it's a good game, then who cares. Same with the people who need to know which guns are in the game. Idc what they're called, but rather what they act like. I'm still thinkin May 21st reveal at the Microsoft event. And there''s no way it'll be next generation only.

Also, it's pretty much common sense that it wouldn't be called MW4, so I'm not surprised at all.

The important thing is that if his source managed to get the title correctly, then the other details they revealed are also likely to be correct. I'm not trying to place importance on the title here of the game here.

It's just that this is literally all we have right now. A title, an early boxart, and potential dates.

Toa TAK

Banned
Is there a consensus on which map pack has been the best one released so far?

I'm with the second map pack for sure. Love the new maps more than the first, and Magma is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It was really nice to see another remake in there was well.

It didn't come with a new gun but I don't really care too much about that. The Peace-SMG was awesome no doubt, but I'm also okay with not being killed by it constantly as well.

The important thing is that if his source managed to get the title correctly, then the other details they revealed are also likely to be correct. I'm not trying to place importance on the title here of the game here.

It's just that this is literally all we have right now. A title, an early boxart, and potential dates.

I guess. I know a few people (not personally) that know info for the new game and got it directly from Activision, but they're not allowed to talk about it and they all hinted at this anyway. I'm ready to see a reveal trailer and learn details about it :D

Earlier I said the glitch occurs in like 90% of games. It's more like 99% of games. I've only been in one game today where somebody wasn't using the stupid glitch :/

The whole thing is pretty much ruined now :(

I'm pretty sure they made another tweak to the matchmaking recently, because I'm noticing its placing me with a lot of players with a k/d similar to mine.

They were doing this at launch and people hated it, so they changed it. I've been away from the game for a while, but now it seems to be back.

I'm pretty sure they made another tweak to the matchmaking recently, because I'm noticing its placing me with a lot of players with a k/d similar to mine.

They were doing this at launch and people hated it, so they changed it. I've been away from the game for a while, but now it seems to be back.

I still swear that never happened at launch. On launch day my k/d was a so/so 2.18 and I would still get matched up with K/Ds all over the place.

Matchmaking has always worked and still does based off connections and not player kill death ratio. If your K/D is like 1, then obvs you'll think it's based off K/D cause most people aren't very good at the game and hang around 1 K/D.

Here's a good graphic explaining it for you:

It's the same way it's always been. Skill has always been a factor but not the way you think it is. If you were to make a new account, you'd match up with other low levels and if you never prestige, you'll always be playing mostly lower levels. MW2 was notorious for this, but it's not like all 4K/D players only play games with 11 other 4K/D players.

eek5

Just play tdm or kill confirmed. I enjoy Dom, but it's nearly impossible to play on your own I find. Too frustrating.

solo TDM is legit. I'm about 65-75% win rate solo TDM

I do end up losing matches when my team is really bad but I still win much more than I lose and I often put my team on my back doe, which feels pretty good.

I still swear that never happened at launch. On launch day my k/d was a so/so 2.18 and I would still get matched up with K/Ds all over the place.

Matchmaking has always worked and still does based off connections and not player kill death ratio. If your K/D is like 1, then obvs you'll think it's based off K/D cause most people aren't very good at the game and hang around 1 K/D.

It absolutely was based on k/d early on. Looking at lobbies it was instantly noticeable. I'd check a lobby of 12 players and see not a single player below a 1 k/d. It was almost always this way. That could only happen if they were making that happen.

After an update a month later it instantly changed. I'd check lobbies and see a very natural mix of k/d, and immediately my k/d began going higher.

Now it's right back to how it used to be. Lobbies filled with players and not a single scrub among them.

eek5

guys! guys! they totally updated the algorithms!! your skill is heavily weighted in matchmaking now! all games are super competitive; only super high k/d players playing against me now

low level match making
YddmFI8.png

high level match making
XPHDphw.png

yeah, no.. lol

guys! guys! they totally updated the algorithms!! your skill is heavily weighted in matchmaking now! all games are super competitive; only super high k/d players playing against me now

yeah, no.. lol

That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's never been changed ever. It's always been the same since the servers went on 4 days before the game came out.

low level match making
http://i.imgur.com/YddmFI8.png[/IMG

high level match making
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XPHDphw.png[/IMG

yeah, no.. lol[/QUOTE]

I didn't say every single match is this way. The frequency in which I find myself in matches with very high level players seems much higher right how though, and nothing in my end changed.

eek5

I didn't say every single match is this way. The frequency in which I find myself in matches with very high level players seems much higher right how though, and nothing in my end changed.

Went in and out 3-4 times on each tag. Same shit each time. IDK what to say. Maybe the bad kids are out of school now, maybe I'm lucky, or maybe you're just unlucky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's never been changed ever. It's always been the same since the servers went on 4 days before the game came out.

I don't know where he got the idea from but really, no.

I've never been matched by skill in CoD. Even league struggles and matches platinums/masters against irons and bronzes :|

Levels in this game have absolutely no bearing on skill or matchmaking.

Maybe the bad kids are out of school now.

Not that it's that big of a deal, but typically the kids are the better ones :p

It's not super noticeable, but games are significantly easier at about 11am (especially FFA) than 3am against children that are staying up late. Most bad players are out midday and casuals are around throughout the evening. Only the hardcore gamers are staying up late at night to play.

I've never been matched by skill in CoD. Even league struggles and matches platinums/masters against irons and bronzes :|

I think league play wanted to make it so you only play your division, but the problem is that not enough people are playing it/online at the same time, so it's pretty much searching with anybody else playing league play.

It's the worst feeling when you realize your team is like all bronzes and you can't back out because you're already locked into the match.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I think league play wanted to make it so you only play your division, but the problem is that not enough people are playing it/online at the same time, so it's pretty much searching with anybody else playing league play.

It's the worst feeling when you realize your team is like all bronzes and you can't back out because you're already locked into the match.

I only played a few games with a team of Americans/Canadians (I'm Australian) so that wasn't much of an issue but not even having a handful of competitive matches sort of killed the desire to play ranked anyway. It was mostly roflstomping teams of bad randoms which I can do in normal matchmaking on much better connections.

Oh, and the ocasional good player put on the team of bad players. Poor bloke.

eek5

Another problem is that they let teams matchmake in league so you go up against 4 masters and you have 3 irons on your team. So good. Good thing everyone wastes time and nobody gets ladder points for a match like that though. Makes so much sense.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

I'd love to know how League decides where we go, me and my friend this series won the first game and lost the next four, I don't think we did that well score wise either, but apparently that was good enough for us to both be platinum.
I am also easily a worse player than him, last series he got put in bronze while I was silver, very odd in general.

Radec

Majority of the videos I've seen in Youtube with 100-200+ kills are against a bunch of low level players identical to xmas noobs.

And the thing that the casters have in common? lvl 55 prestige 0.

hmmn..

Kydd BlaZe

Majority of the videos I've seen in Youtube with 100-200+ kills are against a bunch of low level players identical to xmas noobs.

hmmn..
Been noticing that a lot lately too.

Every single game that I get into now nearly always contains players anywhere from 7-Master Prestige. I'm currently a level 9 prestige, and I very seldom run into lower level players. And whenever I do come across a player that hasnt prestiged yet, its usually someone that reset their stats. At any rate, every single match turns into an annoying sniper quick scoping fest with every other player blazing around the maps with the insanely OP pistols. I'm an SMG/Assault rifle user, so that shit is frustrating to play against. Pure Gun on gun battles are pretty rare now. I swear these are 90% of the lobbies that I get into nowadays.

As far as the skill based matchmaking goes, I don't think it has anything to do with K/D, however I've noticed that nearly everyone in these lobbies usually have fairly similar score per minute. I have a 2.12 K/D, and I rarely see anyone with anything above a 1.3 K/D, but I see some pretty high SPM all of the time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

hmmn..

When friends and I come across someone like that we always check their actual profile, we came across a guy who was racking up quite a score above everyone else who was level 55 prestige 0, had a gamers core of like 180 and had played no other games.

Ensoul

Seems to me I am always getting stuck on the players teams with the worst KDR as or they stack all the good players on one team.

Here is what a typical game lobby looks like for me.

The enemy team
Death Bringer 2.50
Smash yo Face 1.99
The Great one 3.23
Bloody axe to your balls 1.59
No Lube, just pain 1.87
COD God 3.79

My Team
Me 1.15
I Love my mama .42
love my mama(1)
XXNinjaMasterExtremeXX .76
NinjaMasterExtremeXX (1)
PeePeeHerman .67

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They should patch in the new zombie maps inventory stuff to the old zombie maps, so much nicer knowing what you are looking for and what goes where. They seem to have a lot or nice ideas but waiting two months for one map is a real shame.

Seems to me I am always getting stuck on the players teams with the worst KDR as or they stack all the good players on one team.

The enemy team
Death Bringer 2.50
Smash yo Face 1.99
The Great one 3.23
No Lube, just pain 1.87
COD God 3.79

My Team
Me 1.15
I Love my mama .42
love my mama(1)
NinjaMasterExtremeXX (1)
PeePeeHerman .67

Sounds about right, if you get stuck on a shitty team it can be hard to come back, if you can't break through whatever line they have you just spend the match getting killed after spawning.

Getting tired of running into players on both teams who just spend there time killing each other to get whatever calling card or emblem, annoying when you could easily win but there's some nob who spends the whole match letting himself get killed by the enemy over and over.

Ensoul

I am at the point now where I always check the top players and If I the top 2-3 players are on one team I will leave the lobby before it starts.

Of course I can do nothing when I enter a game of kill confirmed the score is 67-15 which seems to happen frequently.

Something else I find comical as well. I See people with the emblems that show a picture of a ladder and it says "Here is a ladder so you can get reach my level" I check their KDR and it is like .52.

kuYuri

The enemy team
Death Bringer 2.50
Smash yo Face 1.99
The Great one 3.23
No Lube, just pain 1.87
COD God 3.79

My Team
Me 1.15
I Love my mama .42
love my mama(1)
NinjaMasterExtremeXX (1)
PeePeeHerman .67

Bravo, great names. :lol

The enemy team
Death Bringer 2.50
Smash yo Face 1.99
The Great one 3.23
No Lube, just pain 1.87
COD God 3.79

My Team
Me 1.15
I Love my mama .42
love my mama(1)
NinjaMasterExtremeXX (1)
PeePeeHerman .67

haha

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I always have a person going 1-22 on my team. Shit is crazy.

You should check that he isn't meeting someone else on the other team, we had a guy do the same on hijacked, they were just trying to rack up kills or whatever for a calling card, weapon, or emblem. We spent the rest of the game screwing them over.

I hate this game...

......probation again from being kicked in HC.

STOP RUNNING IN FRONT OF ME WHILE I AM SHOOTING A MOTHERFUCKER!

What's worse is that you can place a betty or claymore and if a teammate shoots it and kills himself, you get a team kill and can get kicked even though it's not your fault lol. Which I guess would lead to probation as well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had two idiots on my team blowing themselves up with C4 the entire game a couple days ago. Luckily it doesn't count for the other team, but it was essentially 4 vs 6 the whole time, thankfully I had a good game.

I had two idiots on my team blowing themselves up with C4 the entire game a couple days ago. Luckily it doesn't count for the other team, but it was essentially 4 vs 6 the whole time, thankfully I had a good game.

If you don't care about K/D or SPM, using that strategy in TDM of just having 6 people constantly blowing themselves up and getting like 200 deaths, usually ends up with their team winning cause enemies get too bored and try killing them and end up being in the blast radius of the C4 and dying lol.

The enemy team
Death Bringer 2.50
Smash yo Face 1.99
The Great one 3.23
No Lube, just pain 1.87
COD God 3.79

My Team
Me 1.15
I Love my mama .42
love my mama(1)
NinjaMasterExtremeXX (1)
PeePeeHerman .67

Thats just what to expect when running solo.

snacknuts

we all knew her

This happened to me on Hydro a couple weeks ago, except it was one guy who kept RPGing himself in the foot. He finished the match 0-108. How is that fun?

eek5

This happened to me on Hydro a couple weeks ago, except it was one guy who kept RPGing himself in the foot. He finished the match 0-108. How is that fun?

It's reverse boosting. They're trying to lower their k/d because they think it gets them into better lobbies lol

The real question is, why are you playing hardcore?
Over half the complaints on this page are about HC. I don't know why people play that mode lol. I've gotten probation like 3 times already and I barely ever play HC. The times where I got booted was mostly all my teammate's fault and I was always top of the scoreboard every time when it booted me. Shit is a fucking joke.

Then you have bullshit like me 1 off a VSAT in a 25-3 TDM game leading us back from a 20 pt deficit and a "teammate" shoots me in the back because I'm running up stairs to kill the guy he was chasing.

Haven't played HC since.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I just had an insane (for me) stretch on TDM on the 360. In one five game span I went 113-18, and in about 90 minutes I pulled my total K/D ratio from 1.3 to 1.44. I'm finally almost even with my 1.49 on PS3.

popeutlal

So is this only in the Wii U version, or do other versions have this "ayyyyyyy" sound effect too when you die in Yemen or Turbine maps?

Rage comes over me when I hear that sound.

Treyarch has the worst sound effects in gaming today.

Sec0nd

Hoooly fucking crap, I've started running VSAT - Gunship and whatever killstreaks. I've literally went 73-3 and some insane other scores. I've got at least 1 gunship every game, even had 2 on one life lol.

Anyone interested in seeing them? I might record them later.

Hoooly fucking crap, I've started running VSAT - Gunship and whatever killstreaks. I've literally went 73-3 and some insane other scores. I've got at least 1 gunship every game, even had 2 on one life lol.

Anyone interested in seeing them? I might record them later.
I think I saw your post on reddit, good stuff man.

Top Bottom