• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Makes camping a little less desirable.

Also opens up new strats.

KC is the more campy variant of TDM. They play almost exactly the same, but KC favors campers more due to the dogtags. If anything, the rushing variant of TDM was Team Defender because everybody would constantly be rushing the flag carrier.

No one misses "War"?

I don't think it'd work in this day and age. The spawns will be similar to Treyarch style demoltion spawns, which puts an enormous emphasis on map control, more than any other game mode.

So if theres 5 flags in war and your team has 3 and the other 2, then you'll constantly be spawning closer to the other teams side of the map, causing them to be pretty spawn trapped.

It was a good idea for large maps, which is what Treyarch said as well, but playing War on any map in Black Ops 2 would just end up being an awful game mode. It's a complete overkill thing. Because once you get more flags, you can get more kills since you have map control, and more kills allows you to cap flags quicker due to momentum.

eek5

Kill confirmed will make you a better player and a better teammate.

How will it do that? By encouraging my idiot teammates to push past spawn flip points trying to chase down tags? Lol.

I seriously doubt KC would make me any better. I am 310spm 2.16kd in tdm. I am a bad teammate now? What needs to be improved? I call 3+ uavs a game, call out spawn flips before they even happen because I have great map awareness, and I complete almost 30% of the objective by myself so explain how the tag mechanic would convert me into a "better teammte" lmao

fwiw I have no problems playing KC. If anything the mode is way too easy.

After being Prestige Master for so long i decided to do the reset. Kinda glad i did as my stats are better so i get put into better, more competitive, lobbies.

I do kinda miss my diamond camo though, only ones i didn't have were the LMG and Pistols.

As for Arms Race, it's excellent IMO, a much needed change to TDM. It feels a bit like Domination with so many streaks but without the pretence of objectives for your idiot team mates to outright ignore.

Only change i would make is to up the score limit, 75 is too low for the amount of action in the game and they tend to end far quicker than normal TDM games.

eek5

Hopefully the success of arms race leads to a buff to Blind Eye, Ghost and Hardwired.

The buff to ghost, blindeye, and hardwire for TDM is the fact that scorestreaks are easier to get which makes those perks stronger. They don't need a buff.

You'd never use hardwire before because lack of EMPs in TDM but now that counters are easily accessible to everyone, hardwire becomes viable.

You'd rarely ever use blind eye in TDM but now that higher score streaks are viable, you might want a couple classes with it. Indirect hardwire buff.

Ghost is still effective. It's not as good as it used to be but ghost players catch me off guard all the time, especially when I'm playing on a team with perma UAV. Even one ghost player that has half a brain can keep me on my toes. Perk is fine as-is.

kakashi08

I have saved games on my PC black ops 2. Is there a program I can use that records the gameplay while its playing so I can save it as a .avi or any video format on the computer?

Why does Ghost need a buff?
Arms race half the time consists of VSATs, making something that counters UAVs but not VSATs less useful.

Blind Eye still doesn't make you undetectable to Sentries, which now also needs some more counters considering it's a 6 killstreak.

EMPs and CUAVs are slightly more common but not enough to make hardwired useful.

I have saved games on my PC black ops 2. Is there a program I can use that records the gameplay while its playing so I can save it as a .avi or any video format on the computer?
I use XSplit for my streaming/recording purposes, but I am new to this stuff so that's all I really know about. There are probably other programs out there that let you record stuff and with more options? It doesn't save as .avi, but as .mp4 or .flv.

I had one of my most amazing games last night on Aftermath. I play Hardcore Kill Confirmed for the most part, and for some reason have an easier time getting high scorestreaks on Hardcore compared to normal. I was able to call in two K9 units in one life, all while bleeding red for most of the time. And since you don't regenerate health in Hardcore, I was pretty antsy but got super lucky a few times.

The entire match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq0ClwBB7ZY

One of the closest calls I've ever had for dodging a Hunter Killer, which happens at around the 6:30 mark from the match video if you want to see it from my first person perspective. It was split second decision making which saved my life after hearing the alert. If I had been a millisecond late in running, I wouldn't have made it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4JbAq3sp9w

I've been Prestige Master for quite some time now, but I am constantly thinking of resetting my stats only because I still play the game a lot. It's nice having huge numbers to show the amount of time I've put into the game, but I dunno... I kind of want that feeling of earning XP again. It makes earning the top scores almost pointless aside from personal pride in each individual match. All that score going nowhere! Only thing keeping me back is the effort it took for some calling cards and diamond camos. Really don't want to do all that again, but maybe this time I don't really need to. Not like I use them all anyway.

But, now I kind of think I need to go pre-order COD: Ghosts so I can get that nifty Ghost camo for my guns. Black guns with that skull on it? Why not? Haven't bought the other customization DLC camos yet but am thinking about the pre-order bonus. I love this game, my favorite Call of Duty by far.

Nabs

MSI Afterburner is supposedly really good at capping video. You'll have to convert it afterwards if you plan on uploading it to youtube.

If you're in more of a rush, you can use something like Open Broadcaster Software to handle it. It'll give you a small file, but the quality may not be the best.

Here's a good thread on this stuff: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544065

what bugs me is the horrible a10 warthog gun, sounds like a noise a butthole would make lol

As someone who's actually been to an A-10 range (my dad flew them in the Air Force), I can pretty much say the noise-in game is pretty damn accurate to what that gatling gun sounds like in real life.

So is this newest map pack worth it? I only ever see people streaming the old maps and the 1st DLC on twitch.

It's better than the first IMO.

Encore is a surprisingly good map, reminds me a bit of Liberation from MW3 but less brown and less campy. Magma doesn't come up too often for me but it's a pretty decent, ordinary map, with the only difference being that it's darker than most and obviously has lava. Vertigo is a good map too, favours an assault rifle and SMG set up in my experience so far, haven't seen anyone snipe on it with much success. Studio is of course Firing Range with a little update and it's still as good as it ever was.

The Mob Of The Dead Zombies map is excellent, i'm not a big Zombies player but it's insanely fun.

eek5

As someone who's actually been to an A-10 range (my dad flew them in the Air Force), I can pretty much say the noise-in game is pretty damn accurate to what that gatling gun sounds like in real life.

Did you shit yourself? Seems like it'd be fucking terrifying hearing that in real life

eek5

Just played Gun Game for the first time, that is really fun!

Gun game is probably my favorite party game. It really only got fun after I started using snipers in regular matches though because I'd always hit a wall in GG usually but once I got proficient at it the mode became a breeze. I think I finished a match of GG once in a minute or so. Everyone was still on shotguns and confused as fuck rofl

Sharpshooter is OK too, I guess.

Tenumi

Banned
Its so annoying sitting at 8/10 for FHJ Player-Controlled Scorestreak takedowns. Playlist doesn't matter, every game I play ends up having nothing to shoot down. Its the last thing I need to have all launchers Gold.

Nori Chan

Its so annoying sitting at 8/10 for FHJ Player-Controlled Scorestreak takedowns. Playlist doesn't matter, every game I play ends up having nothing to shoot down. Its the last thing I need to have all launchers Gold.
Try the new arms race playlist. But yeah I know that feeling man. Did you get the smaw dragon fire?

Actually now that I think about it. Try ground war. There's bound to be one person just killing everybody and having a lodestar in there. That's where I got my last one.

Tenumi

Banned
Try the new arms race playlist. But yeah I know that feeling man. Did you get the smaw dragon fire?

Actually now that I think about it. Try ground war. There's bound to be one person just killing everybody and having a lodestar in there. That's where I got my last one.

I spent a good amount of time today in the Ground War playlist, and in my very first game I took down a Lodestar. Naturally, I didn't have a single chance after that to shoot down anything, so I'm stuck at 9/10 now.

On a side note, I hated Domination at the beginning of the day, but by the end, I grew to enjoy it a bit.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
My blops 2 is broken :'(

Varying wildly from 20 to 60 fps.

What do?

*edit*

Fixed itself after restarting thank god. But playing games at 30fps average in CoD is so bad :'(

jelmerjt

vRkWcp1.jpg

Well from the way i'm reading it the MAU gets higher with each release.

Curious stats. The past two weeks I've noticed that, at least on 360, the number of players online is slowly declining. I regularly get on at about 7 PM PT and what started off at around 375K was, last night, down to about 170K. Wonder what's causing the drop in players being online.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Curious stats. The past two weeks I've noticed that, at least on 360, the number of players online is slowly declining. I regularly get on at about 7 PM PT and what started off at around 375K was, last night, down to about 170K. Wonder what's causing the drop in players being online.

The game isn't new anymore.

It's GOING to decline over time controlling for special events (new upcoming launch, 2x exp, new map packs, etc).

Has anyone heard of any upcoming double XP weekend events?

Weird, I get an error when trying to download the steam free version 'invalid depot config', anyone getting this?

Top Bottom