• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Shady859

Parasite stream is alot more enjoyable muted..

To the guy above 360 if you wanna play with the most and top players. Lead platform and you get all the expansions a month before everyone else.

The real question is you wanna play with a mouse or a controller of course you could always be a bitch and use a KB/mouse on a console.

I am genuinely annoyed after reading Liquidsnakes post. The main problems I had with MW3 were the spawns and the maps. But now I hear they are just as bad?

Son.

That can't be possible. Lmao.

Is the hit detection as good as MW2? Please keep posting updates cause I really want to like this game.

Come Tuesday you will realize I was telling the truth.

No I e is as upset as I am.

tinantlu

Was watching that Parasite stream for a bit, are those just his settings or is the game really that bright? I haven't been pay attention to this game, but that looks much more appealing to me with the brighter colors

Was watching that Parasite stream for a bit, are those just his settings or is the game really that bright? I haven't been pay attention to this game, but that looks much more appealing to me with the brighter colors

He's got the contrast turned way up for whatever reason, but the game is definitely amoung the more colorful of the modern FPSes.

game seems to have a lot more colours that pop in general. But yeah probably a bit bright on his part.

fuenf

How do you combat UAV's?

- You have to be Level 55 to get Ghost
- You can shoot them down, but another will take its place
- If you shoot it down, you're standing still and will show up on radar

From what I've watched of the stream, it seems that there is always a UAV up.

Wait what the fuck.

Like mentioned earlier, there's the default class with Ghost. It's actually a pretty good class, having C4 instead of grenades takes some time to get used to, but after that it's fine. The class comes with an SMG, and as of right now SMGs + hipfire seems like the way to go. It's not that Assault Rifles are useless per se, but at least the first couple of Rifles are not as potent (overpowered) as the ACR in MW3. The Full Metal Jacket attachment helps later on, but the firing rate remains abysmal.

Overall, although it looks quite a bit like MW3, it plays different. Aiming down the sights seemingly takes forever and the added accuracy doesnt make up for the delay. Hip fire definitely seems like the way to go in BO2. HOWEVER, if you are really accurate an AR can own everything, but you need to aim for the upper torso / head. Overall it looks like a little bit more skill is needed to master the rifles.

Also, everyone who reloads very often will suffer a lot. Matter of fact, you dont really need to reload that often, as the magazines usually are sized pretty reasonable. But if you developed the (Sleight of Hand) habit of reloading after every enemy, prepare for some tough times.

I'm using the default class with Ghost in it for my first time going through the levels. Then, when i Prestige for the first time, i'll use a token to unlock ghost forever.

I have to agree with this. It's the best way to go, first i didnt like the class all that much, but with the current state of SMGs it makes sense to play it.

forgot the name but that vegas/night club level in MP is garbage, but lol at everyone rushing to go to the ladder and sit on the room that overlooks a lot of the map

DTKT

I would have liked a 10-15 seconds between UAV just to prevent that UAV spam and forcing players to pick Ghost. :\

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
was multiplayer better for blops 1 one pc? Im assuming multiplayer on any cod on pc is better?

Figure its probably the same, but personally prefer to play with a mouse than a gamepad. On the other hand a lot of people have huge xbox friends list. So I guess it comes out to personal choice.

fuenf

forgot the name but that vegas/night club level in MP is garbage, but lol at everyone rushing to go to the ladder and sit on the room that overlooks a lot of the map

I wouldnt say garbage but the middle of the map is basically a death trap, so it's just running in circles. I think Express (Train map), Yemen and Drone might be the worst ones, they feel like MW3 DLC. Hijacked (cruise ship) appears to be the new Nuketown.

Raid, Hijacked, Aftermath, Standoff are my favorite maps so far. Carrier is okay too, but plays different from every other map.

This UAV thing is actually making my fingers itchy. This makes it all seem like it's going to be easy to get a high KD in this.

UAV_COUNTER_BLACKBIRD

Oh damn it I'm hyped.

It says right on the back on the case "Bonus Map: Nuketown 2025 included" so anyone who buys it at launch, not just preorders, get it.

(In case people were curious)

How do you combat UAV's?

- You have to be Level 55 to get Ghost
- You can shoot them down, but another will take its place
- If you shoot it down, you're standing still and will show up on radar

Hopefully Treyarch will fix this insanity.

Unlock Ghost at lower level + don't nerf it so you have to constantly move.

Madtown_

Hopefully Treyarch will fix this insanity.

Unlock Ghost at lower level + don't nerf it so you have to constantly move.

Then everyone uses it. It's a trade off, one I'm sure Treyarch considered in detail.

I think it's a little early to call it 'insanity'. Let the game play itself out a little bit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
But nonetheless, more people will pass on using it if it's weaker. Maybe that's what Treyarch wants. Maybe they are fools. Time will tell.

It's exactly what they want. They want to force everyone to play the exact same way. They want everyone running around constantly. They have such a boner for that MLG garbage right now they seem to want to force everyone to play exactly like that.

I think we're going to see more dropped games and rage quitters than ever before. Because when the connection is not in your favor there is going to be very little you can do to defend yourself.

I'd be ok if the perk had like a 5-10 second buffer. But if I can't even stop to survey a new area of the map before running through a choke point or just to reload that is a bit ridiculous.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Can't wait for these guys to start using a new engine. Next gen can't come soon enough! Hope they get their next release to coincide with the next gen launches!

Enosh

some question about PC version
how are they doing dedicated servers? I vastly prefer to MW3 matchmaking system to blobs "nuketown 36 24/7" or whatever the max numbers of players is, or finding a good server only to find out 3 matches in, that it has snd or some other game mode I don't like in the rotation

read something about dedicated servers but no server browser, so it basically works so that it matches you up with people ala mw3 but then puts you all on one dedicated server? can they do stupid shit like nuketown 24/7 or is it just standard bo2 rules?

did they fix elite to work with the PC version yet?
not all to happy about a possible fov option, I like to have a level playing field so that everyone has the same ability to see stuff and games like this simply look goofy when the fov is changed

sorry for all the stupid questions didn't follow BC2 at all, since I usually skip the treyarch CODs but some gameplay videos made me very interested into getting this one

Pingoreous

Does anyone know if ELITE takes you out the game like MW3? i can't imagine it does anymore since Elite was a separate download and it was beta.

Nabs

some question about PC version
how are they doing dedicated servers? I vastly prefer to MW3 matchmaking system to blobs "nuketown 36 24/7" or whatever the max numbers of players is, or finding a good server only to find out 3 matches in, that it has snd or some other game mode I don't like in the rotation

read something about dedicated servers but no server browser, so it basically works so that it matches you up with people ala mw3 but then puts you all on one dedicated server? can they do stupid shit like nuketown 24/7 or is it just standard bo2 rules?

did they fix elite to work with the PC version yet?
not all to happy about a possible fov option, I like to have a level playing field so that everyone has the same ability to see stuff and games like this simply look goofy when the fov is changed

sorry for all the stupid questions didn't follow BC2 at all, since I usually skip the treyarch CODs but some gameplay videos made me very interested into getting this one

Treyarch has their own servers and we'll be using matchmaking. No crouch only servers.

There is nothing wrong with 80fov. There is something horribly wrong with 65 on pc.

rCIZZLE

Someone (i think fuenf?) mentioned earlier that there is a default class that has ghost equipped.

How many people actually use default classes?

Yes. Exaggeration.

But nonetheless, more people will pass on using it if it's weaker. Maybe that's what Treyarch wants. Maybe they are fools. Time will tell.

Well, making it lvl55 unlock is a good way to make us pass on using it. I don't see why this change needed to happen. Camping hasn't been a problem in the last few games. Even then killcam kind of throws a wrench in that strategy.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Just played like five games on Black Ops PC to remind myself what good netcode is like again. Big difference from the messy hit detection and garbage lag compensation of MW3. I'm ready for Black Ops 2.

Jarmel

Banned
Like mentioned earlier, there's the default class with Ghost. It's actually a pretty good class, having C4 instead of grenades takes some time to get used to, but after that it's fine. The class comes with an SMG, and as of right now SMGs + hipfire seems like the way to go. It's not that Assault Rifles are useless per se, but at least the first couple of Rifles are not as potent (overpowered) as the ACR in MW3. The Full Metal Jacket attachment helps later on, but the firing rate remains abysmal.

Overall, although it looks quite a bit like MW3, it plays different. Aiming down the sights seemingly takes forever and the added accuracy doesnt make up for the delay. Hip fire definitely seems like the way to go in BO2. HOWEVER, if you are really accurate an AR can own everything, but you need to aim for the upper torso / head. Overall it looks like a little bit more skill is needed to master the rifles.

Also, everyone who reloads very often will suffer a lot. Matter of fact, you dont really need to reload that often, as the magazines usually are sized pretty reasonable. But if you developed the (Sleight of Hand) habit of reloading after every enemy, prepare for some tough times.

The problem though is a Suppresor is usually vital if you're running around. This is such fucking bullshit. The nerf to UAV is fine but for god's sake why the hell did they make the unlock 55? The lower levels are going to be a fucking nightmare.

From streams :
- guns doen't look to have any recoil
- hilariously bad texture filter...
- Semi auto grenade launcher with no projectile travel time ? lolwtf
- every wall can be shot through ? or is it lag ?
- map tragicaly small, crowded and claustrophobic

But I love how guns looks, it looks fast paced and still fun : /

Top Bottom